• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

desu

No chance of 2013 release?

June/July would be my best guest right now. At least they probably will release it a bit after E3 now (considering phase #2 already goes longer than they had planned to). Which means the game won't get buried in the E3 news then.

Munba

Mmh dunno but i have a strange presentiment that the release could be on september 20 (or so). To match with the old one..

Theory:
may-june: beta3
june-july: beta4
august: make gold/master copies
september: release

Forbiden

Mmh dunno but i have a strange presentiment that the release could be on september 20 (or so). To match with the old one..

I remember going through the Beta roadmap before, and even if you were to assume "worst case" scenarios of them taking the most weeks for each phase and break, the latest the Beta would be done was like late June. I honestly can't see them taking 2 more months after the Beta is done to release it. I have a feeling it'll be early to mid July.

Theory:

I really think that SE wants this out there the sooner the better. I know that Yoshida will get the game out when he thinks is ready but I think that the game will go gold when phase 3 is over, and then any bug found in phase 4 will just be fixed on a patch in the release. Phase 4 is considered part of the trial so I'd say the game will be launched just after Phase 4 ends.

Munba

I really think that SE wants this out there the sooner the better. I know that Yoshida will get the game out when he thinks is ready but I think that the game will go gold when phase 3 is over, and then any bug found in phase 4 will just be fixed on a patch in the release. Phase 4 is considered part of the trial so I'd say the game will be launched just after Phase 4 ends.

I think you could be right and i hope so. :)

Jinko

Theory:

Im guessing late August to September also.

Kandinsky

Yeah I always said Sept, even when they announced it for Jan 2013, this is SE after all.

I think I'm done with this untill p3 starts, game is much much better now, and I can see myself quitting XI for this, the only thing still deciding is if start anew or not.

Riposte

I think they said something like 10-16 raids/dungeons to be available at launch (this is including lower level stuff, not just endgame). I wonder how much that is relative to other MMO launches.

Ravidrath

Theory:

Are they going to actually shut down the game between beta 4 and release, though? I don't see why they would need to.

LowParry

Are they going to actually shut down the game between beta 4 and release, though? I don't see why they would need to.

I don't see why not. All for maintenance purposes I'm sure. How long that period will be should be a short time of 2 - 4 days is my guess. Phase 3 I suspect will be a lot of patch work all around with feedback. They all have to be focused on the PS3 version as well so that may stretch time out for Phase 3.

raven777

Yoshida's interview says they will have DX11 support. Is the phase 2 version right now that DX11? or wer getting different one later phase?

And does DX11 version means improved visuals or something?

The frame rate in this game still pisses me off. The bad part is that it's a total CPU bottleneck, so there's really nothing you can do about it. And the worst part about it is that there's no excuse for a CPU bottleneck to affect FPS. Rendering should be happening in a different thread but clearly isn't because that's the only way that CPU would affect frame rate.

Darte

Yoshida's interview says they will have DX11 support. Is the phase 2 version right now that DX11? or wer getting different one later phase?

And does DX11 version means improved visuals or something?

Everything right now is DX9 I believe since PS3 doesn't support DX11 architecture and they want to get a working game out first before worrying about DX11. They said DX11 for PC will come out down the line perhaps 6 months after the game releases which will require an entirely different client.

What this means going from DX9-11 no one knows for sure, though typically games become more efficient, and as a result you can afford to bump up the quality of the graphics.

Everything right now is DX9 I believe since PS3 doesn't support DX11 architecture and they want to get a working game out first before worrying about DX11. They said DX11 for PC will come out down the line perhaps 6 months after the game releases which will require an entirely different client.

What this means going from DX9-11 no one knows for sure, though typically games become more efficient, and as a result you can afford to bump up the quality of the graphics.

Right now it seems like they're either doing a ton of software rendering or their renderer isn't multi-threaded, because as mentioned in the previous post the CPU appears to be the bottleneck. If that's the case, I don't think we'll see higher performance from DirectX 11, or for that matter even SLI, unless you have a very underpowered CPU.

Darte

Right now it seems like they're either doing a ton of software rendering or their renderer isn't multi-threaded, because as mentioned in the previous post the CPU appears to be the bottleneck. If that's the case, I don't think we'll see higher performance from DirectX 11, or for that matter even SLI, unless you have a very underpowered CPU.

True, but I'm hoping this is a result of pre-release quality build. Right now, they don't even support SLI/Crossfire which indicates to me that they've still got work they aren't going to show (on their code) at least until phase 3, maybe even phase 4.

raven777

oh ok thanks for clearing it up for me.

True, but I'm hoping this is a result of pre-release quality build. Right now, they don't even support SLI/Crossfire which indicates to me that they've still got work they aren't going to show (on their code) at least until phase 3, maybe even phase 4.

I think supporting SLI / Crossfire is a driver issue. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the way it works is that your graphics driver has to have built-in support for Crossfire / SLI for every single game, so usually what happens is that when new games come out nVidia and AMD update their drivers to support those new games and then release driver updates.

Jinko

I think supporting SLI / Crossfire is a driver issue. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the way it works is that your graphics driver has to have built-in support for Crossfire / SLI for every single game, so usually what happens is that when new games come out nVidia and AMD update their drivers to support those new games and then release driver updates.

I guess if they are rendering a lot of stuff on the CPU it might be the fault of PS3, I am not sure how multiplatform game engines work but I assume they try to be as close to each other as possible for compatibility reasons.

I have very few issues with frame rate and im running on an old GPU, but then 30 fps is good enough for me.

elyetis

Yup. For SLI ( i guess crossfire too ) you can also import custom SLI profile for a given game, there was a working SLI profile on the official forum during the alpha, but it didn't work for beta and I didn't find anyone with a working profile ( during phase 1 at least, I didn't check phase 2 at all ).

Isaccard

Well that's annoying.

Jijidasu

Gamerescape are doing a segment where they can answer questions about the beta, SE gave them the go ahead to do it apparently. (http://gamerescape.com/2013/04/22/aetheryte-radio-live-qa-incoming/)

We’re excited to announce that the next episode of Aetheryte Radio will be going live this Wednesday, April 24th at 9:00 PM EST.

Tune in as we’re joined by special guest Doctor Mog to answer your questions about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. You can ask us about anything. Yes, anything.

Did we say anything? Because we mean anything. You want to know what we think of the new Black Shroud? The gamepad UI? Haukke Manor? Tail lengths of Miqo’te? Our Favorite F.A.T.E? Yes, we truly mean anything and everything!

Tune into the Gamer Escape twitch channel and we’ll answer your questions live! Feel free to throw some questions up in the comments below and we’ll compile them for the show!

With this development it seems likely we might be entering the debug for p2.

Very interesting development...

Foxclon has apparently been teasing some kind of countdown on his twitter... I wonder what that is about

ebil

Heh. Looks like I'll be able to participate to Beta 2 after all.
At least this one is confirmed to be the last Phase 2 week-end.

N.A

Banned
New blog entry: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/285

Greetings everyone!
Ferenhalwes back from the dead to bring you today’s scoop.

The problem is, these past few Producer Letter Lives have been so chock-full of crunchy, chocolaty, peanut-buttery goodness, I’m stuck with nothing but table scraps.

Luckily, today’s scraps are fit for not just any dog—but a scurvy dog! ARRRRRR!

Ahem.
I was traipsing about the new and improved Limsa Lominsa this morning when I noticed something. Sure, the city-state had a similar feel to its 1.0 counterpart, but somehow it wasn't quite the same as before. The city-state was more...alive. And then that’s when it hit me—many of the NPCs were DOING something! (And by ‘doing something’ I don’t mean ‘staring off glassy-eyed into the distance until you come along and he tells you in 1000 words or less about how great La Noscean lettuce is, and what he wouldn't give to have a kind adventurer bring him 5 heads.’)

Yellowjackets patrolling the streets...
Fishers repairing their nets...
Sea Wolves doing push-ups with Miqo’te sitting on their backs...wait, wha?

JP20130423_1.jpg

Uh...Okay. I’m sure there’s a perfectly good story to go along with this...

But that’s not to say there is a lack of everyday situations like...
Serving wenches waiting on tables...
Peddlers gesturing to potential customers...
Unconscious prisoners hanging suspended over the sea while carefree pirates point and laugh at the poor lads' misfortune...wait, wha?

JP20130423_2.jpg

Ah, I love this town.

Till sea swallows all!

Fernehalwes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom