• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwix

Score:6760
Average Framerate:54.779
Performance:Very High
Screen Size: 1920x1080
Graphics Presets: High

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
8086.379MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (VRAM 4047 MB) 9.18.0013.0697

Ran really well throughout and looked fantastic! Can't wait to start playing.

Also, the music was sooooooo good.

Teknoman

Repost from the main gaming:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Exploration)
Tested on:2/22/2013 12:08:03 AM
Score:5848
Average Framerate:48.996
Performance:Very High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.

Screen Size: 1360x768
Graphics Presets: Maximum
General
-Improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled
-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Disabled
-Use low-detail models on distant objects to increase performance. (LOD) : Disabled
-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Disabled
-Smooth edges. (Anti-aliasing) : Enabled
-Increase transparent lighting quality. : Enabled
-Grass Quality : High
Shadows
-Use low-detail models on shadows to increase performance. (LOD) : Disabled
-Display : All
-Shadow Resolution : High: 2048 pixels
-Shadow Cascading : High
-Shadow Softening : High
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering : High
-Anisotropic Filtering : High
Effects
-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled
-Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled
-Effects While in Motion : Display All
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : High
-Glare : Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Enable depth of field. : Enabled

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor
4095.176MB
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series(VRAM 2806 MB) 8.17.0010.1172

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
(C) 2010-2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

Tweet
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV Score:5848 1360x768 Maximum AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Good lord that boss battle and the battles throughout have me hyped to astronomical levels. Also the soundtrack is just as amazing as I hoped it would continue to be...not to mention the party limit break at the end. Looks even better than the first trailer!

Xux

One of Joystiq's articles talks about the Hunting Log:
I also finished my first Lancer quest and unlocked the Hunting Log, which is a new feature I instantly fell in love with.

Each class has a different hunting log, and each log has multiple tiers consisting of several targets. My Lancer's first few tiers included Marmots, Funguars, and Ladybugs. Upon killing a designated number of these enemies, you get some gil, some experience, and a mark toward completing a tier. Complete one tier and you unlock the next one.

Simple? Definitely. But it also gives you added incentives to go out and kill things as well as another objective to work toward. The log has other major benefits as well, but for combat-related classes, the impetus to go out and fight multiple targets really spoke to me.
Gamer Escape has some impressions:
I returned back to the nearest Aetheryte and noticed the Chocobo Porter NPC. I thought “oh cool, a place to rent Chocobos near Aetherytes now!” Yes, but not quite. The Chocobo Porter is a bit different from simply renting a yellow warker. When you rent a bird from a Porter, you select a destination (an area that you must have previously visited) and the bird will automatically carry you to your destination without the risk of attracting any enemies. You can disband the bird at any time while traveling to your destination.
After opening up the teleport menu I noticed something different. Remember Anima? Remember how you hated running out of it? It’s gone. Teleports now use Gil.
While playing around in the settings I discovered a new camera setting. This option would allow the character to run at the screen when moving backwards, as opposed to the backpedaling that players disliked in the alpha. Also new from the alpha build is the ability to map keys to gaming mice. A minor addition, but a very nice one to see.
a new bar at the top of the party list. It seems that depending on the classes/jobs in your party you’ll get a straight up stat bonus. For example a Lancer/Dragoon might give a DEX bonus to the party. It doesn’t stack, so having more than one in the party wouldn’t increase that particular bonus further. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get more information about that.
As well as an interview:
GE- With ARR we’ll see Arcanist added with Summoner shortly after the game launches. Are there any other classes or jobs you’d like to see added? And will these be added in patches or expansions?

Yoshida- What I would like to see right?

First of all, we are planning a new race for an expansion pack. For the classes and jobs, we will introduce them through patches because all of the Legacy players have level 50 jobs anyway. When we introduce new classes and jobs we will probably increase the level cap at the same time.

About what I want to introduce- it’s more like what I think I have to introduce. Something related to guns because the (musketeer) guild in the game. Something related to that I think I have to introduce.

Also I do feel that scouting classes are lacking so I want to bring in Theif, Ninja and those that have to do with stealth. Also more casters like Blue Mage and Red Mage are something I would like to add.

Whatever the players want, I want too.

Nakazato

gil for tellying ummm idk if i like that idea. Cause ship ride prices weren't very good

1-20 200 gil
20-30 400 gil
30-40 600 gil
40-50 800-1000 gil

if it works out like that its great

but if its like ships 5.2k bad idea

Teknoman

Hunting log and teleports as a gil sink? I can roll with that. Especially since we'll be rolling in gil with the way things work now.

Awesome that having a diverse party = better party bonus.

Xux

Reinhart on the Lodestone forums translated a 4Gamer interview:
for the parts we made it easier to understand through graphics, there is one where yellow lines will appear between monsters. This is a sign shows the monster links. If you attack this one mob, the other mob attached to that yellow line would link as well.

4 - So you can tell how many mobs there are from beginning.

Y - Players strength will change depending on number of people in your party, so we have made adjustments to the monster to match that power. however I didn’t want to make it where you won’t know how strong the monsters are until you attack them. By doing that you can’t come up with a strategy. Can this option be turned off? If possible turn it off. But, now you can also see which player has hate by a hate line so it’s useful in dungeons. It’s like an evolved version of FFXII’s target line.

4 - I see, that was indeed easy to understand.

Y - Also the battle speed is much faster than what it was in alpha version. If you’re thinking like the previous FFXIV you might get worried (laugh).

4 - What? How fast is it?

Y - We have shortened the global cooldown by 0.5 seconds. However, when the development member leveled to level 20 through quests, they got used to that speed. So, I believe it’s not something to worry too much about. I think in Alpha version it felt like a big difference since it was different environment from previous FFXIV.
There are F.A.T.E. where some NPC is going wild at the bar.

4 - It happens at camps as well?

Y - Yes, it does. It doesn’t happen often, but when that F.A.T.E. starts NPC comes out and when you talk to that NPC it tells you “There is a guy inside the bar going wild...... that him!” and that’s where it starts. Then, the players start punching each other and.... well look forward to it.

4 - fist fight...... it’s in town, so it doesn’t get into sword fights.

Y - If the player goes bare fist (laugh). You can also jump the guy in group......, for that one please try it out yourself.
Y - We did put in fall damage though.

4 - I think it was listed in the Beta phase 1. Will the damage value change depending on the height?

Y - Yes. If the damage is high enough to kill, we will round it up to 1 HP. However, if you have a monster in the hate list you will die.
For this one we took away the map collision that was in the alpha test (invisible walls), so there are much more places you can go. So for example, we were able to put an achievement on top of a wooden box and have the players discover them, those kind of plays are now possible. Some might complain saying “Don’t make this a action game!” (laugh).

4 - To be able to go to different places seems fun. In return, it will probably be harder for support when getting stuck. For Limsa Lominsa there are some high places.

Y - We have blocked the parts that needs to be blocked. Don’t want to make new players die because of falling (laugh).

Jijidasu

I don't know how many of you are familiar with SweetFX/other enhancement suites but I'm hoping to get this kind of result with my customised settings.

http://i.imgur.com/WcdjA13.jpg

I really like to have a higher blue value in my games. I suppose it gives it a bit more of an atmospheric boost.

ZetaEpyon

Well, I had to push my overclocking up a bit, but I got what I was shooting for...

arr_bench.png

Teknoman

I would really love the music track from the beginning of the Limit Break Trailer and Benchmark.

I think thats the boss battle theme? I still hope it is since they showed it in the end alpha trailer I believe? Always liked that end flourish (?) the track has, and the theme itself builds up perfectly. Sorta reminds me of the FFXII boss battle theme in that aspect.

EDIT: Kinda funny that the boss actually is a "Thndr Drgn" lol.

Jinko

Duno if you noticed in the interview but they said Chocobo's would get a gambit system and that you could spread XP across more than one battle class.

Xux

I remember them mentioning the chocobo gambits before. I wonder how the EXP spread'll work, though; be nice to see the EXP from my PGL quests go somewhere.

Also, 20 minutes 'til Carbuncle, maybe? :3

N.A

Banned
Few things:

More invites will be going out today.
Client will be up for download after the live letter finishes.
Will be a digital download version for both PC/PS3.
Jukebox possibly coming in the future.
New fishing system has no actions. It's just click and wait.
Summoner will be ready at launch.
Limsa has changed a lot.

N.A

Banned
Viera pretty much confirmed as the next race (though probably female only). Will probably be in the first expansion (within two years of release)

being an achievements freak I do not like the FC achievements thing... going to see many people getting organized in creating and destroying FCs just to get an achievement.

Really hope the change their mind on these.

Jinko

Might be too early I'm getting an error when I start it up.

Edit:- Working, 6.3 gbs (twice as big as Alpha)

Jinko

The actual beta doesn't start until the 25th.

Yea, I meant downloading the content.

Q46: How will the worlds from 1.0 be separated with the shift to global data centers?

A46: During Beta Test phase 3, we are planning to have players choose worlds like the world transfer in 1.0. At that time we plan on releasing information on which world will be connected to which data center.

Interesting.

NinjaJesus

Yea, I meant downloading the content.

Yeah, I kinda thought to myself "There's no way he thinks it's started already." lol

In other news...I got a second invite code on an alternate...not sure if giving it away will get me into trouble.

Glad they're making the test servers available for a nice window of time..

I was afraid they would have it up while I was at work and take it down before I got home lol

Q46: How will the worlds from 1.0 be separated with the shift to global data centers?

A46: During Beta Test phase 3, we are planning to have players choose worlds like the world transfer in 1.0. At that time we plan on releasing information on which world will be connected to which data center.

I'll transfer my old character to whatever server Red Dot is on if it ends up being an NA server but I don't intend to play it. I'm just keeping it for nostalgic purposes and because I have a lot of time and money invested into it.

I want to start fresh on a new server with a new character, an untouched economy, and everyone on equal footing. I don't want any of that baggage that previous FFXIV 1.0 players will bring with them. I also want to play on a local regional server with good latency. I hope there are enough GAF that feel the same way so we could get a Free Company/Linkshell going on a new server.

I'll transfer my old character to whatever server Red Dot is on if it ends up being an NA server but I don't intend to play it. I'm just keeping it for nostalgic purposes and because I have a lot of time and money invested into it.

I want to start fresh on a new server with a new character, an untouched economy, and everyone on equal footing. I don't want any of that baggage that previous FFXIV 1.0 players will bring with them. I also want to play on a local regional server with good latency. I hope there are enough GAF that feel the same way so we could get a Free Company/Linkshell going on a new server.

I'm game.

Styles

Hehe, got an invite. I am quite surprised, to be honest.

Oh wait, all Alpha testers got invites to the beta. Woohoo!

Parfait

Fuck everything

I got my key and applied it to a deactivated XIV service on my account. Way to go me

Here's hoping i can get support to fix this for me. That XIV service only had the old 1.0 alpha test on it and I dont even know why it's still there and aghi4g3;hj Im gonna go hit my head against several walls while i wait for an e-mail saying this problem is easily fixed.

Please be easily fixed, I cant even login to the forums.

Chairhome

No code for me :-(. I hope I signed up for it correctly, haha. I was in the beta for the initial launch of the game and I'm really hyped for this one, so I'm hoping I get one. Fingers crossed.

Sophia

Oh.. i hoped for a 24/7 open servers.. >_< Maybe on the next weeks.

Yeah I kinda prefer open all the time myself. Those of us with weird work schedules have to accommodate them when they do that. At least they're being reasonable with the times, and possibly brightening someone's otherwise dull Monday. >_>;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom