• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babalu.

hey i got into the beta (hopefully its ok to say) but I was wondering, is it OK to delete the old 1.0 client and the alpha client?

its taking up space on my quickly filling SSD.

ebil

hey i got into the beta (hopefully its ok to say) but I was wondering, is it OK to delete the old 1.0 client and the alpha client?

its taking up space on my quickly filling SSD.

Yes, it's OK to get rid of them. You might want to keep your character creation data if you're planning on using it when you get the opportunity to remake your character.

Babalu.

Yes, it's OK to get rid of them. You might want to keep your character creation data if you're planning on using it when you get the opportunity to remake your character.

ah ok. i was hoping I wouldnt have to download another 6+gb but i guess I have to. My internet isnt the best, especially when i'm being throttled.

thanks.

PolishQ

Got a code! I'm fairly new to MMOs, but interested to give this one a shot. Anyone else in the same boat who wants to team up?

Nakazato

Got a code! I'm fairly new to MMOs, but interested to give this one a shot. Anyone else in the same boat who wants to team up?
Dont worry about teaming up were going in together you have a support system with the ls there will be plenty if ppl
:)

Jinko

I'll transfer my old character to whatever server Red Dot is on if it ends up being an NA server but I don't intend to play it. I'm just keeping it for nostalgic purposes and because I have a lot of time and money invested into it.

I want to start fresh on a new server with a new character, an untouched economy, and everyone on equal footing. I don't want any of that baggage that previous FFXIV 1.0 players will bring with them. I also want to play on a local regional server with good latency. I hope there are enough GAF that feel the same way so we could get a Free Company/Linkshell going on a new server.

I'm up for changing servers (depending on how bad the latency is) but don't want to lose my progress lol.

Would be good to have some chat channel somewhere we can use, seeing as beta has no linkshells.

I'm up for changing servers (depending on how bad the latency is) but don't want to lose my progress lol.

Would be good to have some chat channel somewhere we can use, seeing as beta has no linkshells.

Same as me, although I didn't do as much as other people I still don't want to lose my character. I have a lot of jobs/classes to level up from level 1 if I want to experience the game from that perspective, throwing hours and hours to the trash? hell no.

IRC, AIM, Skype? What does everybody even use these days? Did they say any group-type setup would be functional in-game next week?

Animekatt

All of the new info is sure nice to wake up to! Currently downloading the beta client.
I LOVE the pets!!! I will want the quqirn, and the little wolfy. Would be funny for a cat to have a dog as a pet lol.

I'm hoping fishing won't be too boring. I'm willing to give it a chance though, since I would like to level up all crafting and DoL classes.

Jinko

And yea .. what about that Lion and Bear PvP armour, that looks really good.

I'm not a fan of PvP but I might do it just to get the armour lol.

Lalafell in lion armour .. kawaii !

Also about the fishing - he said select your fishing rod and start to fish, does he expect us to carry multiple fishing rods /sigh

ebil

And yea .. what about that Lion and Bear PvP armour, that looks really good.

I'm not a fan of PvP but I might do it just to get the armour lol.

Lalafell in lion armour .. kawaii !

I really, really want that armour too. If I have to kill thousands to get it, then so be it. It'll be mine!

Nakazato

Hey Juri did you hear about the dude that got stabbed in class at fullsail this morning ??

Fullsail where creative ppl become hood ass gangsters

Yoshi-P said:
Q38: In terms of new races, what kind of races are you looking into and will mixed races be introduced?

A38: I don't think we'll have mixed races for a while. Since it seems like Viera is popular around the world we have been proactively looking into this, but since having a rabbit male might be kind of weird, maybe we'll look into having a separate race for the male counterpart.

"Kind of weird" made me chuckle.

Not sure how I feel about Viera in ARR, but on the other hand, when FFXII first arrived, I hoped the next FF MMO would take place in Ivalice.

Allard

Yeah, not sure what he meant by that.

They've done a good job with the male Miqo'te, so I don't see why they couldn't do the same with the male Viera-likes.

Guessing he is mainly trying to project the 'interest' of wanting Viera in the first place, in FFXII they were female only so he might see it as a waste to do both genders on this one (whereas there was pointed interest on male Mi'qote, maybe enough similar out cry will get him to change his mind). If he does go this route I hope something like a Bangaa for the male race since we rarely ever saw female version of them and it would fulfill Yoshida's pointed desire of wanting a more lizard like race introduced that didn't scream 'beastmen' since I remember them being pretty stylish when they wanted to be :p. Then again personally I would rather they just come up with something new all together. I love that he is bringing things from past Final Fantasy's into the game but I also want this new game to come into its own.

Also people should read the new interview from 4gamer when they have a chance (in Reinhearts translation thread), lots of neat info on FATE, and my personal favorite info dump the fact he is contemplating introducing a certain 'key' end game sequence from FFIV into the game as potentially a future piece of expansion content.

Most of the Viera appeal comes from Fran which is agueably an excellent designed character (sexualation aside), but the race as portrayed in Ivalice games looks really silly to me.

Nakazato

yep officially out for the start of beta working on a show that is fairly big in the African American community really fucking hyped for it

notworksafe

According to the email, everyone who got in the ARR Alpha will be in the Beta. That's excellent news!

Also did the benchmark, got 5711 on Max settings w/o SSAO. I'm kinda surprised at that score...

2San

I didn't get a code, but my brother got in and gave me his code(I'll give him mine when I finally get mine).

Half a victory I guess. o_O

centracore

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Exploration)
Tested on:2/22/2013 1:54:06 PM
Score:6387
Average Framerate:53.381
Performance:Very High
-Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Graphics Presets: Maximum

Looks like my new computer is up to the task, now I just need to get in the beta!!

Ala Alba

Hmm, where is that character creation data stored, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom