• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebil

And I've been able to experience gamepad controls, at last.
They work well, but I'm still playing this game with K+M, my keybinds and gaming mouse are way too handy!

Kandinsky

I guess this is Mor Dhona:
ss_001.jpg
Nice to see some new models and not something out of FFXI in HD.

Allard

Nice to see some new models and not something out of FFXI in HD.

I will admit, aside from the goblins, the recycled models (even if they obviously did remodel the characters including higher res textures) always bothered me. Some are obviously timeless (Cactuar, which are actually one of the few they didn't take whole sale from FFXI but rather the other Final Fantasy games) but the Qirin and the Goobbue were a missed opportunity among other things especially with a different art director.

BlackJace

I'm assuming TTD and TTH(sp) are party dungeons?
Also, kind of a dumb question, but to ask for a party you switch your chat command?

Allard

Isn't that the first official confirmation of Tonberry in game? All the minions that they have shown have been based on miniaturizing existing things inside the game world already.

Riposte

really not a fan of the kawaii pet / companions. too bad they won't even let us turn them invisible. i would prefer fellows.

Qvoth

kinda hyped about summoner class now after reading that primal/beastman page
hopefully summoner class actually summons primals instead of elementals like what the rumours are saying

Xux

hopefully summoner class actually summons primals instead of elementals like what the rumours are saying
What rumor? It's been official you'd be summoning a form of primal since the class was leaked on the main website.

Xux

Wasnt there going to be 1 of each primal per server?, or was that before the new team took over?.
That was something about Free Companies being able to summon the actual primal.

Summoners summon "primal essences" according to the official website which I'm guessing is some kind of mini/spectral/whatever version of the primal. I've heard people call them Proto-Primals, too, but who knows where they got that from.

Ravidrath

Wasnt there going to be 1 of each primal per server?, or was that before the new team took over?.

There are primals which are world-altering "smart bombs" for various battles, which your FC summons and those are super rare and difficult to get.

Then there are what I think they're now calling "primal spirits," which are spirits channeling a small portion of the primal's power.

Edit: Ah, Primal Essences - that's what it was.

Jijidasu

Launch confirmed by Yoshida at niconico choukaigi for Summer.

P3 is ready, just waiting on okay from playstation or something, didn't catch until the last part.

Jijidasu

Thancred is voiced by Nakamura Yuichi. Kind of sleazy type character, in the way he talks (used charai for any other Japanese speakers). Has interest in F'lammin.

Tachibana Shinnosuke is doing a new character, elvaan youth. Alfino is his name (this is my translation of it.)

Riposte

No real replies to my quest for an artist in the OT thread. To anyone who's done an OT with another person doing the art, how did you get in contact with them?

Jinko

Yea summoners use a spell called Proto-Ifrit for example, so I imagine it will be something similar to the real primal but not quite.

Jijidasu

He actually has a twin、Alise or Arise, something like that. Distinguished by having a piercing on the opposite ear.

There are clips of the voice samples floating around, Alfino talks about the grand companies and a group of people called "Blood oath of Dawn" which was confirmed by Yoshida later to be something to do with Minfilia. Thancred talks about the risks of walking alone outside.

Release is confirmed for Summer JPN.

They held out on throwing out the release of phase 3 today, Yoshida said because he has something with Hiroyuki (co-founder of niconico) tomorrow, might be that he's going to announce it then (around the time that p2 finishes up too).

Jijidasu

Tanaka Rie is doing the voices for both Kan-E-Senna and Garuda.

She's actually Legacy, didn't drop too many hints on what server. Has 2 relics apparently. Does not like TA raids.

Alex

The OST will have 110 tracks by Soken.

I have no idea who this person is, which kind of sucks. Work on anything good in the past?

I was hoping if not Uematsu then Mizuta again, I think that I'm probably at a point where I'm probably never going to be terribly thrilled for whom they pick for FF OSTs anymore, though.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Compiled information from the today event.

- The game’s release window has been confirmed for this summer.
- A release for the PS4 is very possible, as the team would like to reach an audience as wide as they can. A final decision will be taken when the time is right.
- There will be new music created by Nobuo Uematsu (Yoshida already confirmed this when I recently interviewed him).
- There are plans to release the soundtrack. It may be part of the collector’s edition.
- New TV commercials are in production for all the different markets: Japan, North America and Europe. They will debut in late May or early June.
- The current phase of the beta includes approximately 580,000 people, and many more will be added with phase 3.
- Yoshida can’t say when beta phase 3 will start exactly, as it depends on Sony’s certification of the PS3 client.
- The new Benchmark software that will include character creation is in development and will be released between phase 3 and phase 4.
- Square Enix is planning to release collectibles related to the game after launch.
- A new organization called “Clan of Dawn” (Akatsuki no Ketsumei) will play an important role in the story of the new game. A new primary NPC named Alfino is a member of the clan and will be voiced by Shinnosuke Tachibana (you can see the character’s portrait below).
- Minifilia (a relevant character in the Ul’dah original storyline of Final Fantasy XIV, you can check my story recap column if you want to know who she is) will play a very relevant role in the storyline of A Realm Reborn.
- Thancred (again, you can check my story recap column to learn about him) will be voiced by Yuichi Nakamura a very popular voice actor in Japan that lent his vocals cords to many relevant characters like Alto Saotome in Macross Frontier and Cid Raines in Final Fantsy XIII.
- The final location of the Gold Saucer is still undecided.
- A smartphone companion app will be released allowing players to access character status, a database, their friend list and features related to the Free Company.
- The PvP Coliseum will be added during phase 4 of the beta, but all PvP points earned will be reset at release to be fair to those not participating to the beta test.
- Even those that didn’t play the original Final Fantasy XIV will able to enjoy the story, that will be more similar to a classic Final Fantasy game.
- At the beginning there won’t be Japanese-style costumes like Kimono, but when the visual style of the game will be solidified, adding different styles will be considered.

Source

VertPin

So, I signed up for the beta a long while ago for PC. Since Phase 2 starts in an hour or so, will they tell players then? Or have they already selected their players to play in phase 2 :(

Qvoth

i just asked around in shouts and some jp were saying beta phase 3 starts in june, the latest event someone mentions it

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
So, I signed up for the beta a long while ago for PC. Since Phase 2 starts in an hour or so, will they tell players then? Or have they already selected their players to play in phase 2 :(

If you dont have a mail like this.

"Welcome to the FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test!"

Then you are not into the beta.

ebil

Well, they could still release the PS3 client at a later date and proceed with beta testing on PC if they really wanted to.
I feel like it's a very convenient setback / excuse.

ebil

Oh, sweet. So once phase 2 is over when should we be expecting beta sendouts through email for phase 3?
They typically send invitation emails 10 days to 1 week before a phase starts, and then they let people in as needed during the test.

Jijidasu

I posted on the other forums and got completely bashed for it.

Anyway, that'll be the last time I go out of my way to provide information to the masses.

The reason for the delay is because of the PS3, yes. You need to consider that they're putting out a beta test in 4 different languages across how many regions, and in each of those regions are different ratings/censorship policies which need to be abided by and the software put through all the required paperwork. Then it can be distributed through PSN.

Watching again, he said 6月上旬、which is the first 10 days of the month.

I posted on the other forums and got completely bashed for it.

Anyway, that'll be the last time I go out of my way to provide information to the masses.

The reason for the delay is because of the PS3, yes. You need to consider that they're putting out a beta test in 4 different languages across how many regions, and in each of those regions are different ratings/censorship policies which need to be abided by and the software put through all the required paperwork. Then it can be distributed through PSN.

Watching again, he said 6月上旬、which is the first 10 days of the month.

Don't blame you. They shot the messenger... just like they always do.

I didn't want to believe it either until I saw the second confirmation.

even still my opinion would be - forget the damn ps3 and release the PC client if it's ready

Jijidasu

Don't blame you. They shot the messenger... just like they always do.

I didn't want to believe it either until I saw the second confirmation.

even still my opinion would be - forget the damn ps3 and release the PC client if it's ready

I feel the same. Let the PS3 come in a couple of weeks if it's being tied up. Shouldn't hold other people up just because of that. They'll be able to use that time to also deal with more feedback, the earliest bugs from the completely new UI coming in phase 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom