• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've said that people will be able to pick their server, just that the regional location will be listed so people will know if the server they pick is close to them or not.

I would be genuinely surprised if they blocked people from other regions from playing on whatever server they like.

They're not going to forcefully split up friends and linkshells

edit -

legacy early access was confirmed in the interview with yoshi-p at the end of the nico nico event

Jinko

Is this confirmed or are you just hoping? Sorry, I'm just now catching up on news.

Phase 4 will be early access and all Legacy are in beta so yes.

Yea I would say there is zero chance they will block you from non regional servers, the outcry would be massive.

Jinko

They said early access will take place between open beta (phase 4) and retail launch.. so it isn't exactly the same thing.

Legacy does get that benefit, though.

Ahh ok so Legacy get access to the launch servers before everyone else but the progress from phase 4 will still roll over to release ?

Ahh ok so Legacy get access to the launch servers before everyone else but the progress from phase 4 will still roll over to release ?

yep. As far as I'm aware.

They are resetting pvp stats after phase 4, though.. they don't want anyone getting too much of an advantage in that area.

Allard

yep. As far as I'm aware.

They are resetting pvp stats after phase 4, though.. they don't want anyone getting too much of an advantage in that area.

Probably also has a lot to do with them testing PvP in phase 4, they might be testing how fast points are accumulated and making sure they nail down potential exploits before the points systems official launch.

kiryogi

Banned
Awesome I never realized Rie Tanaka was so hardcore! That said this new flood of information has revitalized my interest in ARR

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
From here

Producer/Director Yoshida here.

I’d like to thank everyone who checked out the Nico Nico Chokaigi 2, as well as all your thoughts and encouraging words! I was really happy to be able to talk with so many current and new players. I think it’s me who received the most motivation!!

While Beta phase 3 will begin early June, we will be kicking it off with a vast amount of material as well as a load of edits and adjustments based on feedback that we have received, so please try and hang in there for about a month. (I’d also like to release my next Producer Letter as soon as possible.)

Thanks again to everyone who showed up, to those who watched behind their monitors, and for all the comments!

P.S.
…I’m off now to make all the operation staff sit in seiza for turning me into “Yo-qo’te”
(*Translators note: Seiza is the traditional Japanese style of sitting on your knees with your legs tucked underneath you.)

Ravidrath

I think the real depressing factor is relic might have gotten easier... With a whole different process. Fact that weapons don't break anymore. Lol gdi.

Eh, they probably balanced it out in other ways.

Relic-having folk are still going to have a big leg-up on the non-Relic folk, so it's not worth worrying about.

I'm hoping Ifrit Extreme will be a bit more doable with the improved lag, etc. so I can get that done as soon as I've reacquired all my WHM abilities.

Mature

I think the real depressing factor is relic might have gotten easier... With a whole different process. Fact that weapons don't break anymore. Lol gdi.
If you were insane enough to go through the process of getting a relic in 1.0, it's your own damn fault!

Ravidrath

If you were insane enough to go through the process of getting a relic in 1.0, it's your own damn fault!

They've only said it'll be different, not so much easier.

Sure, the melding part might be easier, but the materials needed to make them could become much rarer to compensate.

Mature

They've only said it'll be different, not so much easier.

Sure, the melding part might be easier, but the materials needed to make them could become much rarer to compensate.
Regardless of how arduous gathering and crafting may end up being for the relic quest in ARR, the universal infrastructure changes to things like item management and crafting, coupled with less lag for a fight like Ifrit Extreme will make it so much more painless. It's not just mechanical requirements to complete a quest, it's the ease of carrying them out under a sufficiently more competent engine that will ultimately make it "easier". At least, that's how I imagine it.

I'm also kidding. If you got a relic in 1.0, good on ya.

kiryogi

Banned
Regardless of how arduous gathering and crafting may end up being for the relic quest in ARR, the universal infrastructure changes to things like item management and crafting, coupled with less lag for a fight like Ifrit Extreme will make it so much more painless. It's not just mechanical requirements to complete a quest, it's the ease of carrying them out under a sufficiently more competent engine that will ultimately make it "easier". At least, that's how I imagine it.

I'm also kidding. If you got a relic in 1.0, good on ya.

Poke poke wheres your friend rico BTW. I've been playing PSO2 super religiously

Jijidasu

Other than Japanese do not use first name first, it's Tanaka Rie damn it

That would only apply if you're writing in Japanese. I try to make an effort to put them in the right order but after typing in the language for so long in one sitting you kind of forget at points lol.

Kirashi! Pay us back the gil you jacked from AA in ARR, k? Weekly payments can fund my housing venture!

Lucis

That would only apply if you're writing in Japanese. I try to make an effort to put them in the right order but after typing in the language for so long in one sitting you kind of forget at points lol.

Kirashi! Pay us back the gil you jacked from AA in ARR, k? Weekly payments can fund my housing venture!

With interest

Jinko

I like the theme song, not the start though its like Superman or Starwars or something lol.

Not so keen on the night theme.

NinjaJesus

Nice, looks like I'll get to change my name after all.

I know confirmation has been a long time coming on this one, and we're glad to finally detail how this will work! When you log into A Realm Reborn for the first time with your old character (specifically after phase 4), you will have the ability to redo any aspect of your character -- one time only. This includes the ability to change your name.

Everyone's getting a second chance at a first impression!

Source.

Ravidrath

lol, somehow I don't think it'll be too hard to figure out. Assholes have a way of showing themselves.

Probably - I'm pretty sure I'd figure out Golnan Dodgin's new name after a single sentence from him... but I have to read one of his sentences, instead of just automatically BListing him.

Munba

459252_448180048604382_164184004_o.jpg

477361_448180081937712_1522036912_o.jpg

919897_448180068604380_734225195_o.jpg

Jinko

UI doesn't look that much different, is it me or is the treasure chest in the mini menu new ?

Not sure if I like the new map or not.

Jijidasu

Some new icons on the mini bar, HP/MP/TP and EXP bars are a little different as is some small details on the chat box. Must be part of what they were talking about when they mentioned redesign for P3.

Is that a new hairstyle for Lalafell? Hoping they put out a preview soon.

Sin

UI doesn't look that much different, is it me or is the treasure chest in the mini menu new ?

Not sure if I like the new map or not.

Map is the same, the size is scalable and and it seems they added a transparency option as well.

ebil

I'm definitely remaking my character. At first I really wanted to go M Mi'qote but after seeing so many of them during Beta, I'm not so sure anymore.
I'd go Lalafell because they're awesome (and I've been playing a Taru for half my FF11 career) but I'm scared being cute and tiny will get old eventually.
I liked how big my Highlander was during V1 but I hate their emotes.

I'm so torn. At least I have the whole of Phase 3 and 4 to make a decision.

Isaccard

I'm definitely remaking my character. At first I really wanted to go M Mi'qote but after seeing so many of them during Beta, I'm not so sure anymore.
I'd go Lalafell because they're awesome (and I've been playing a Taru for half my FF11 career) but I'm scared being cute and tiny will get old eventually.

Attempting to be unique in an MMO?

speed-racer-lol-no.gif

Lucis

There are only 5 races, all of them (except galka, or wahtever it's called) will be over populated, taru is gonna be just as common as mithra since they are "unique" among the races in a japanesy way

ebil

There are only 5 races, all of them (except galka, or wahtever it's called) will be over populated, taru is gonna be just as common as mithra since they are "unique" among the races in a japanesy way
Yeah I know, I guess I should have made myself clear(er) in my original post: it's not about over population, it's about being kind of "burnt out" after seeing so many Mi'qote already (not to mention I'm not crazy about their creation options, I'll see when they open them up during phase 3 I guess). It's really more about being able to settle with a race I'll like playing for years, which has always been a tough decision for me, than about being a unique snowflake.

If I wanted to be unique, I'd settle with a Female Roegadyn since I like them a lot, but I don't want to play a female character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom