• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok wat? legacy players have their own server?
oh wow i didn't know that...
don't have legacy so i can't play with most of the people here i think since most gaf players have legacy?

anyway guys i think i've heard somewhere saying ARR will have server segregation by region or something? so NA server, JP server, EU server something like that? was it true?

1) You're confused. Legacy servers means server where legacy players can play with new players. But there are servers in which people needs to start fresh, so legacy characters can't play there.

2) No exactly. Servers are located in NA, JP and EU but you can choose which server you want to play freely. Of course you will have less lag if you choose a server that is located in your region.

I wanted the PC CE but after finding out it wasn't going to be available outside of S-E's shop I did a 180. Will probably just be going with the Digital CE.

Norua

Banned
Not sure I understand the thread title right.

Are we getting 10 days of beta starting June 1st or is the first session of phase 3 somewhere in these 10 days and we still don't know when?

LowParry

Honestly, I think people with Legacy characters should start fresh in a sense with a new class of their choosing. Come join in on the fun of us noobs :) Oh and help help with a little money to help us boost our leveling to godlike speeds. ;) Or just play whatever you feel like playing. I'm sure we'll all agree on what server of choice to run with.

Teknoman

Honestly, I think people with Legacy characters should start fresh in a sense with a new class of their choosing. Come join in on the fun of us noobs :) Oh and help help with a little money to help us boost our leveling to godlike speeds. ;) Or just play whatever you feel like playing. I'm sure we'll all agree on what server of choice to run with.

I'm just glad I didnt go nuts with Warrior so i've got work cut out there. Probably could level Monk or just level sync to join with newcomers, so thats cool. Really like how level sync leaves no one behind :D

Ravidrath

As much as I want to jump in on Arcanist right away, my first priority is going to be getting all my White Mage abilities back and finishing my Relic. But I'll try to help others out with stuff whenever possible, especially making people gear.

...Also, pestering Rain (A.K.A. Kiryougi) for my money so I can buy a big house for everyone to visit!

will probably work on getting job abilities first as well.
I still haven't gotten any seals for relic so I still have plenty to do.

I'll use Arcanist to do low level content and to play with new people.

Jinko

Yea I will probably get my WHM, BLM stuff sorted and then level arcanist in my spare time.

I'm just glad I levelled all my gathering in 1.0, it seems slower in ARR from what I have experienced so far.

demonkaze

I'm glad i have my whm at 50, although I never did finish my AF on it, still need just the body. Curious how thats gonna work out getting that now.

Munba

Speaking about exping more classes, i really don't know how they can resolve the fact that after exping 3 classes in the 3 different regions.. there are no more quests. :/ Curious to know their intention about it. And not, Guildleves is not the solution.. because they are BORING. ^^'

Jinko

Speaking about exping more classes, i really don't know how they can resolve the fact that after exping 3 classes in the 3 different regions.. there are no more quests. :/ Curious to know their intention about it. And not, Guildleves is not the solution.. because they are BORING. ^^'

I think they plan for you to do multiple things, Dungeons, Leves and Fate being the main ones.

King_Moc

Banned

This is what I'm gonna be doing, will probably choose archer. I'll only use my old classes at first if I see a shout for something I need, most likely.

For the folks who've been paying for 1.0, have you been using crysta to pay for your subscription until now? Judging from the price chart floating around it looks like they're doing away with it and going to a standard billing system like FFXI. I just hope I'll be able to use my balance on FFXIV.

N.A

Banned
For the folks who've been paying for 1.0, have you been using crysta to pay for your subscription until now? Judging from the price chart floating around it looks like they're doing away with it and going to a standard billing system like FFXI. I just hope I'll be able to use my balance on FFXIV.

Crysta will still be the payment method unless you pay direct by card.

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/en/product/ (Under Pricing/Platforms)
Payment Methods
Credit Cards or Debit Cards
We accept a variety of credit cards and debit cards that customers can register to pay for various services and subscription fees.

Square Enix Crysta
Square Enix Crysta can be added to a Square Enix account using a payment method such as a credit card, and then used for various services such as subscription fees.
* Please click here for further details about Crysta.
* Additional payment options may be introduced in the future.

for those of us who haven't played FFXIV 1.0 or later, does this game follow FFXI in it's methodical approach to MMOs? for example, grinding exp with single enemy encounters, one designated puller and quest that don't track?

ebil

for those of us who haven't played FFXIV 1.0 or later, does this game follow FFXI in it's methodical approach to MMOs? for example, grinding exp with single enemy encounters, one designated puller and quest that don't track?
No, it's definitely a post-WoW MMO.

Edit: to elaborate, ARR borrows a lot from modern MMOs, and they want you to experiment with a variety of content while levelling up. (tracked) quests, public quests (called FATE), instanced levelling dungeons, guild leves (repeatable "dailies"), guildhest (was just teased, we don't know anything else about it other than it's party-oriented), a "hunting log" that gives you xp for killing a set of designated targets and so on. It's not designed to be a party-grinding oriented game.

Well, you are able to choose which server to play on and region, so I don't think it will be a problem. However if you want to be sure, I'd just cancel the preorder and go with Amazon.

I can't cancel the preorder because GMG supplies the codes as soon as you pay, and I only saw the EU link in the instructions :/

Teknoman

I really REALLY hope they took everyone input on turning the hunting log into a bestiary of sorts, and made it an actual feature.

As gamingside shits up another FF thread I come here for refuge and think to myself: Will SE implement dual-wielding into this game? It'd be pretty boss if Marauders had a perk that would allow them to do it, or casting classes had a knife subweapon that would allow them to do close range damage during desperate moments

Teknoman

With Yoshida art for every monster. That would be so awesome..

Go check the Battle content feedback section :p

Also general discussion please.

As gamingside shits up another FF thread I come here for refuge and think to myself: Will SE implement dual-wielding into this game? It'd be pretty boss if Marauders had a perk that would allow them to do it, or casting classes had a knife subweapon that would allow them to do close range damage during desperate moments

I wouldnt be surprised. It would probably be a branch off job specific skill from Gladiator or Monk though.

Also apparently there are people on the beta forum that think the decision to let Legacy players carry over some gil (even though they arent letting them carry over their entire wallet), paying a cheaper sub, and keeping their character altogether is a dumb idea. I dont really care about the gil since i'd be just fine with earning money again... but cheaper sub is a great gesture to those who stuck around for awhile, and keeping characters ties in with the story.

I think you'll be fine. As mentioned before, you can pick what server/region you wish to join.

Welp, that's one of my worries down. Thanks.

The other problem is the conversion rate for the brittish pound. If I pay in euros, it's more expensive than dollars, but pounds are cheaper. Given that I pay in Brazilian Real, I'll have to hope that the pound stays low haha

Go check the Battle content feedback section :p

Also general discussion please.

I wouldnt be surprised. It would probably be a branch off job specific skill from Gladiator or Monk though.

Also apparently there are people on the beta forum that think the decision to let Legacy players carry over some gil (even though they arent letting them carry over their entire wallet), paying a cheaper sub, and keeping their character altogether is a dumb idea. I dont really care about the gil since i'd be just fine with earning money again... but cheaper sub is a great gesture to those who stuck around for awhile, and keeping characters ties in with the story.

What logic are they giving for that stance? Lol.

Munba

The ‘Before Meteor: Final Fantasy XIV Original Soundtrack’ has been announced for release in Japan on August 14th for around $50.

The disc will include the full soundtrack from version 1, including all of its patches. In addition, the disc will contain The End of an Era trailer in 5.1 surround.

Those that purchase the soundtrack will also receive a code to unlock an in-game Dalamud minion. Currently no word on if that code can be used in other regions or if this disc will make its way to NA or EU.

http://gamerescape.com/2013/05/27/b...-blu-ray-ost-coming-to-japan/?fb_source=pubv1

Perhaps those people aren't aware of the fact that there will be servers that don't allow existing characters to be transferred?

Otherwise I can't think of a single logical reason for those complaints (aside from complaining that a certain group of people will get a cheaper option for a sub than they do)

I'm glad they don't listen to everybody...

Teknoman

Hmm...apparently Yoshi-P has said this on Bestiary:

An in game bestiary/wiki would be too resource intensive for the PS3 version, so he's relying on the Lodestone and mobile app for that.

Not sure how a small backstory entry with a still picture and maybe a few states would be anything more resource intensive than the hunting log...but maybe its just an excuse for people to use an app.

Sin

The ‘Before Meteor: Final Fantasy XIV Original Soundtrack’ has been announced for release in Japan on August 14th for around $50.

The disc will include the full soundtrack from version 1, including all of its patches. In addition, the disc will contain The End of an Era trailer in 5.1 surround.

Those that purchase the soundtrack will also receive a code to unlock an in-game Dalamud minion. Currently no word on if that code can be used in other regions or if this disc will make its way to NA or EU.

I want it!

Teknoman

Someone posted an interesting question about how all these random ruins, resorts, etc. appeared within 5 years span. Then another beta forum member said something about the dev team saying that its more than just a case of traveling 5 years into the future...

Are we going to end up dealing with some kind of split universe or something...or is just a case of a misunderstood dev post?

Ravidrath

Someone posted an interesting question about how all these random ruins, resorts, etc. appeared within 5 years span. Then another beta forum member said something about the dev team saying that its more than just a case of traveling 5 years into the future...

Are we going to end up dealing with some kind of split universe or something...or is just a case of a misunderstood dev post?

My understanding is that every Era has a "strata" associated with it, like with different fossil periods on Earth.

As a result of the cataclysm, ancient ruins and creatures and things were unearthed from previous era's strata, letting us delve deeper into Eorzea's past than before.

Teknoman

My understanding is that every Era has a "strata" associated with it, like with different fossil periods on Earth.

As a result of the cataclysm, ancient ruins and creatures and things were unearthed from previous era's strata, letting us delve deeper into Eorzea's past than before.

Thats actually pretty cool, and a decent explanation within the world.

Yes!! At last! I had already given up already with a complete, physical OST release... and the mini-Dalamud minion (LOL) is a great reward for the loooooooooong wait :D

The only issue with the pet is if we can even use it in a different region, and I'm fairly certain that's a no. Suppose we'll just have to wait and see if it ends up being released anywhere else, which I could see at some point down the line.

Shahadan

Are we sure it doesn't suck again? I stayed the fuck away from XIV because it smelled bad from the start, but I'm pretty tempted this time. Especially for 25€.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom