• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A

Banned
Usually the items come along with own codes and you'll be able to register them in your existing account. The only code you can't register in an existing account is the code of the game itself. I think so at least.
Unfortunately not. :(

What if I bought the old version of FFXIV, and I already have characters on my account, but I'm looking to get the in game pre-order and collector's edition items. If I pre-order the collector's edition, then register the pre-order and collector's edition codes to my existing account, will I be able to get all the in game items?

You will receive the pre-order items, but the registration code for the Windows collector's edition cannot be used with a pre-existing Windows service account. To receive the in game items for the collector's edition, please use the digital upgrade.

However, the PS3 version can be registered to an existing Windows account, which would allow you to receive the collector's edition items.

Credo

Oh. That sucks. I presume they'll fix this..

Even after Robobandit's response (thank you btw), I'm still confused.

I bought the FFXIV 1.0 CE and registered that to my account. So they're saying that if I buy the ARR physical CE for PC, I can't get the in-game bonus items (Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Coeurl Mount, Behemoth Barding) because I can't register 2 PC CEs to my account? So I can't get the in-game bonus items unless I get the digital CE, effectively making me pay $79.99 (physical CE) plus $49.99 (digital CE) if I want both the physical items and the in-game bonus items?

I.....

Scanners_head_explode_screenshot.jpg

I bought the FFXIV 1.0 CE and registered that to my account. So they're saying that if I buy the ARR physical CE for PC, I can't get the in-game bonus items (Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Coeurl Mount, Behemoth Barding) because I can't register 2 PC CEs to my account?

I.....that's beyond baffling, and there's absolutely no way that can be right.

That's the long and short of it. Really silly in my opinion.

I bought the FFXIV 1.0 CE and registered that to my account. So they're saying that if I buy the ARR physical CE for PC, I can't get the in-game bonus items (Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Coeurl Mount, Behemoth Barding) because I can't register 2 PC CEs to my account?

I.....that's beyond baffling, and there's absolutely no way that can be right.

Ok.. let me try again

1. You will get the digital ARR CE items simply because you had a 1.0 CE (All FF XIV 1.0 account holders are upgraded to the ARR version for free - Standard accounts get Standard ARR, CE gets CE)
2. You cannot register the FF XIV for Windows CE game code on your existing FF XIV Service Account. (The game registration key for the ARR CE is also what gives people the digital items, they are not a separate code like the Onion Helm was for 1.0 CE)
3. You will get the pre-order bonus code and you can apply it to your existing FF XIV service account.
4. You will get the physical items that come with the PC ARR CE that you bought.

Basically, you're going to have an extra ARR CE game code that you can sell or give away.

creid

I bought the FFXIV 1.0 CE and registered that to my account. So they're saying that if I buy the ARR physical CE for PC, I can't get the in-game bonus items (Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Coeurl Mount, Behemoth Barding) because I can't register 2 PC CEs to my account? So I can't get the in-game bonus items unless I get the digital CE, effectively making me pay $79.99 (physical CE) plus $49.99 (digital CE) if I want both the physical items and the in-game bonus items?

I.....

Can't you get just the in-game bonus items from this?
Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade Service
The Collector's Edition digital upgrade offers customers the ability to upgrade their standard FFXIV account to Collector's Edition status via the “FFXIV Service Center” website that is scheduled to be opened at the launch of official service, which then grants the in-game bonus items included with the Collector's Edition. Customers in possession of the Collector's Edition for either version 1.0 or A Realm Reborn will receive these Collector's Edition items without needing to purchase the upgrade.
* Characters that have already been created will be able to receive the items.

Priced at $19.99 here. I'm assuming you don't own a PS3 or this would be easier to solve?

Edit: Nevermind, if you had the 1.0 CE you're already getting the 2.0 CE digital items.

Akuosa

I.....

As Robobandit said, you'll get the CE items doing nothing, just because you had the 1.0 CE. No need to buy a new physical CE or upgrade digitally. Do nothing and you'll get the Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Coeurl Mount and Behemoth Barding anyway.

So yes, you can't add your new CE code, but that doesn't matter because you'll already have what that code would grant you anyway. If you get a CE, do it for the physical goodies and the preorder items if you want them.

Credo

That finally makes sense. Even if I do nothing, I'm going to get ARR's in-game bonus items because I bought the 1.0 CE. If I buy ARR's physical CE for PC, I'll have the physical goods that come with it and will have the registration code that comes with it to give away or sell since I can't register it to my account.

DrDogg

I follow all of the digital item stuff, but what's going on with the early access for a week of play? If I'm a 1.0 CE owner and have Legacy status, do I get to play early or is that only a pre-order bonus?

Riposte

I can't find where you got that "Collector's Edition Digital Upgrade Service". If I can get the CE for 20 dollars... that would be swell.

What about those who have 1.0 CE and are currently in the beta but don't have legacy status?

1.0 players who are not legacy will not get early access unless they enter a pre-order bonus code.

If you pre-order ARR (any version) you'll get a pre-order bonus code that includes early access, the caitsith minion and the mog hat)

1.0 players who are not legacy will not get early access unless they enter a pre-order bonus code.

If you pre-order ARR (any version) you'll get a pre-order bonus code that includes early access, the caitsith minion and the mog hat)

I thought non-legacy 1.0 players are automatically in phase 3 of the beta?

I thought non-legacy 1.0 players are automatically in phase 3 of the beta?

Early access takes place after Phase 4 (open beta) is completed. Early access is a 7 day period between the end of Phase 4 and retail launch during which legacy players and pre-order customers will be able to play ARR.

Credo

After reading the post that creid linked, it seems like I should just pre-order the PS3 CE. Since I already have the 1.0 CE, it seems like buying the PS3 CE will get me the same physical goods while also giving me the ability to play ARR on either my PC or PS3. I don't really trust Digital River after hearing all the bad feedback about them, so even though I pre-ordered the PC CE from them, I don't really trust them to get the early access code to me in time.

After reading the post that creid linked, it seems like I should just pre-order the PS3 CE. Since I already have the 1.0 CE, it seems like buying the PS3 CE will get me the same physical goods while also giving me the ability to play ARR on either my PC or PS3. I don't really trust Digital River after hearing all the bad feedback about them, so even though I pre-ordered the PC CE from them, I don't really trust them to get the early access code to me in time.

I ordered the PS3 CE from them and I got the code already... but Amazon is probably a safer option..

Riposte

Copied from this post. Not sure where the source was for that, but I swear I saw it somewhere on one of the official sites.

The CE is not priced 20 dollars, so I guess I misinterpreted what you were trying to say. It looks like I can't turn my standard account into a CE one without paying full price.

That isn't contradicting what I said.

"Early Access" is a different thing than beta access.

It means early access to the final version of the game a week before it launches.

What you posted is correct too.

Ah, fair enough. I thought he was asking when the earliest he could play was, in general. Thanks for clearing that up.

creid

The CE is not priced 20 dollars, so I guess I misinterpreted what you were trying to say. It looks like I can't turn my standard account into a CE one without paying full price.
From what they've posted about the CE Digital Upgrade Service you should be able to upgrade to a "CE account" by paying $20. This option doesn't seem to be for sale yet, though.

Credo

I ordered the PS3 CE from them and I got the code already... but Amazon is probably a safer option..

Ah, you're right. I just checked the email I got from them, and the product code is in it. I just didn't see it the first time I read it.

Still, if buying the PS3 CE will allow me to play ARR on both PC and PS3, then I think I'll go that route. With my luck, my PC will short out when the game finally releases, so in case that ever happens, a backup option would be great.

Allard

New job (scholar !) reveal tomorrow ?

They did mention during the last live letter they might show stuff other than what is involved in phase 3 for the next letter, but if I was a betting man, I'd say they are going to wait till E3 to make the SCH reveal. They have 2 separate special edition live producer letters during E3 as well as a talk with community reps in regards to battle content.

From what they've posted about the CE Digital Upgrade Service you should be able to upgrade to a "CE account" by paying $20. This option doesn't seem to be for sale yet, though.

That is so tempting because the 4 bonus items are pretty cool. But then I think, $20 for just 4 little digital items, lol - seems like a waste. Hmm. Need to think about it some more, I guess.

ebil

I asked this earlier and never got an answer. If we don't have a date, why does the title of this thread say first 10 days of june?
Because Yoshida said so during Niconico Chokaigi. We don't have an exact date yet and there's a chance we'll have one tomorrow.

Credo

By the way, thank you to all who answered my questions. I still like the idea of the PC physical CE better, but the convenience of being able to play ARR on either my PC or PS3 means I'm going to get the PS3 CE.

I'm still baffled by how they've made it all so confusing.

Jijidasu

Can someone in the know clear this up for me?

I have an existing 1.0 CE account. I've preordered the ARR CE because of those delicious goodies. Do I get everything I pay for? What am I losing?

I've seen some tweets and quotes flying around that 1.0 CE account holders will not be able to use the code from the ARR CE? what.

Edit: Nevermind, I overlooked the above replies. If Robobandit is correct all is good!

Mature

Specifics for the E3 streams via Bayohne on the lodestone:

Glad you're all getting excited! I'm nervous myself, no pressure!

Here are the official start times of the FFXIV: A Realm Reborn streams at E3!

Letter from the Producer Live: E3 Edition Part 1 (Japanese Language)
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 4:00pm (PDT)/7:00pm (EDT)/23:00 (GMT)

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Battle Event & Community Recap (English Language)
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 at 4:00pm (PDT)/7:00pm (EDT)/23:00 (GMT)

Letter from the Producer Live: E3 Edition Part 2 (English Language)
Thursday, June 13, 2013 at 2:00pm (PDT)/5:00pm (EDT)/21:00 (GMT)

You'll be able to watch the stream on the "Square Enix Presents" YouTube page!

Gonna go practice talking into a camera now...

Mature

Oh well, I hope no dreams get crushed then :p
I wouldn't get my hopes up normally, but Reinhart's translation of the test broadcast makes me confident:

5) Video recap of 1.x primal battles stopped half way, YoshiP comes in an scolds Soken and Mocchi, asks what the hell is Soken wearing on his head, Soken says he can't answer but YoshiP kept on saying Scholar. PR tries to stop him saying that info hasn't been released yet, but YoshiP get's pissed off at PR and tells them they are as bad as him and makes the PR guy also get in seiza stance and to leave a comment for FF14 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom