• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jijidasu

Reinhart's translation is accurate. Soken and Yoshida kept saying gakusha this and gakusha that (Scholar) and the PR guy you can usually hear in the background being all "yabaissu, mazuissu" stepped in with "We're not ready to talk about Scholar" kind of thing. The fact that the name Scholar was thrown around so much kind of sets a lot of doubt away.

Since scholar is basically confirmed now, I really hope they're more FFIII-style (fights with items) rather than XI-style (superpowered Red Mages)

Ravidrath

Since scholar is basically confirmed now, I really hope they're more FFIII-style (fights with items) rather than XI-style (superpowered Red Mages)

Well, since Arcanist's abilities are focused on DoT and Summoning, and there's a Summoner, I expect that SCH will focus more on the DoT/Debuff side of things.

Return of the Helix spells?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I don't think summoner is on the cover either.. unless I just didn't see it.

Not that hard to see it...

3max.jpg

Between the monk and bm

LowParry

Got mine too for the digital CE from Amazon. Odd. Can we enter it or should we wait?

Edit: Actually, we wait and hold onto our codes.

Eh? Which Amazon? And for the digital CE or..?
EDIT: Wait, I got mine too.

N.A.

Mine was for the PS3 CE.

Got mine too for the digital CE from Amazon. Odd. Can we enter it or should we wait?

Edit: Actually, we wait and hold onto our codes.

I didn't even know Amazon had the digital CE up for grabs. I know we have to wait for the digital upgrade unless I missed something.

Showing up as #1 in PS3 Role-playing now.

1gO7Ahu.png

Aeana

Oh, I missed that whole thing on the last page. So I had the standard edition of 1.0, that means that the digital CE is worthless to me? I bought it for the in-game bonus things. Should I just cancel and wait for the upgrade? What about early access? I'm confused.

Oh, I missed that whole thing on the last page. So I had the standard edition of 1.0, that means that the digital CE is worthless to me? I bought it for the in-game bonus things. Should I just cancel and wait for the upgrade? What about early access? I'm confused.

That is correct.

You won't get early access without a pre-order of some kind, though.

edit -

I agree that Square Enix should have made this simpler. They could have avoided all of this by making the digital items a separate code from the collector's edition itself, but they didn't...

If you don't want to use your existing 1.0 characters, you could use the key that comes with your Digital CE and create a new FF XIV service account under your Square Enix Account, but if you do want to use those characters, it won't help you.

Aeana

That is correct.

That makes no sense at all. I'm not going to spend full price just to get early access and nothing else. Few other people will either.
It sounds like early access will be mostly new players, then.

That is correct.

edit -

I agree that Square Enix should have made this simpler. They could have avoided all of this by making the digital items a separate code from the collector's edition itself, but they didn't...

I was really hoping they wouldn't tie it to the account itself, but I always knew that was expecting too much.

That makes no sense at all. I'm not going to spend full price just to get early access and nothing else. Few other people will either.
It sounds like early access will be mostly new players, then.

I agree, it's stupid. The issue is that you can't register more than one PC FF XIV key to a single FF XIV Service Account and they didn't make the digital items a separate code.

After it launches, you can buy the digital CE upgrade that they'll offer and get the items, but you'll lose out on the pre-order bonus stuff.

That would be your best option.

Early access will be for people that pre-order and people who have Legacy Status.

Aeana

I agree, it's stupid. The issue is that you can't register more than one PC FF XIV key to a single FF XIV Service Account and they didn't make the digital items a separate code.

After it launches, you can buy the digital CE upgrade that they'll offer and get the items, but you'll lose out on the pre-order bonus stuff.

That would be your best option.
All I really wanted was early access and the baby behemoth...

All I really wanted was early access and the baby behemoth...

I'm hoping that if enough people complain about this that they'll let someone use the digital CE to upgrade their 1.0 standard account.

It seems surprising that they'd turn down a chance to get more money over what people would pay w/ the digital upgrade..

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I just preordered JP PS3 version.

Let's see if the moogle cap and caith sit codes work on my EU account. :)

Shamdeo

I just preordered JP PS3 version.

Let's see if the moogle cap and caith sit codes work on my EU account. :)

I believe the codes are region-locked.

Probably a fair warning to anyone who is looking to a bit of minion code collecting through some of the tertiary merchandise i.e: the Before Meteor FFXIV OST Blu-ray that includes a Dalamud minion.

desu

At least 1.0 codes were region locked (my JP FFXIII bonus item didn't work on my US/EU account). Someone should ask this in an interview, wish they would clarify it.

Munba

So if i have PC CE 1.0 and legacy, to have caith sith and moogle cap, i forced to pre-order the PC ARR (and not the PS3 one)?

Gromph

Staff Member
So if i have PC CE 1.0 and legacy, to have caith sith and moogle cap, i forced to pre-order the PC ARR (and not the PS3 one)?

You need to pre-order.

Thanks why i ordered the PS3 version.

vazel

Banned
That moogle cap and cait sith are so cool. I already have a Legacy account but I'm tempted to pre-order for those bonus items. Do you think I would be able to activate the bonus items and then return the game to Amazon unopened for a refund? From the wording on Amazon's site it looks like the bonus items are going to arrive in an email, so no need to open the game.

Ravidrath

That moogle cap and cait sith are so cool. I already have a Legacy account but I'm tempted to pre-order for those bonus items. Do you think I would be able to activate the bonus items and then return the game to Amazon unopened for a refund? From the wording on Amazon's site it looks like the bonus items are going to arrive in an email, so no need to open the game.

If they're sending the codes out now, you could probably just pre-order it and cancel the pre-order the second the codes arrive. :p

Aeana

If they're sending the codes out now, you could probably just pre-order it and cancel the pre-order the second the codes arrive. :p
It's so far out that they could notify SE and have those codes deactivated. I don't know if they would actually do that, but it seems like it would be possible. I know BioWare threatened that with SWTOR codes, but I have no idea if they actually did it or not.

It's so far out that they could notify SE and have those codes deactivated. I don't know if they would actually do that, but it seems like it would be possible. I know BioWare threatened that with SWTOR codes, but I have no idea if they actually did it or not.

Well really you don't need to cancel them right now, wait until it is close to release but before shipping. A common thing people do with these "preorder and get into beta/start game early" stuff to get a free look at the game.

dwix

That is correct.

edit -

If you don't want to use your existing 1.0 characters, you could use the key that comes with your Digital CE and create a new FF XIV service account under your Square Enix Account, but if you do want to use those characters, it won't help you.

Thank you for explaining this, I was thinking about pre-ordering the CE too (have a 1.0 account, not legacy).

Gromph

Staff Member
I can't stop listening the Prelude... i think is my favorite song of all time.

N.A.

Mine was for the PS3 CE.

I didn't even know Amazon had the digital CE up for grabs. I know we have to wait for the digital upgrade unless I missed something.

Showing up as #1 in PS3 Role-playing now.

1gO7Ahu.png

That CE box is beautiful. I have 1.0 CE but I'm tempted to drop $79.99 on that because it looks so god damn gorgeous.

Jinko

Duno if someone could clear up something for me.

I bought the 1.0 CE and have now bought the ARR CE for the pre-order in game stuff mostly, will I be able to add this to me existing account as I am finding the information a tad confusing lol.

I am under the assumption that the pre-order stuff is a separate code than the ARR CE activation key. (is this correct ?)

ebil

I bought the 1.0 CE and have now bought the ARR CE for the pre-order in game stuff mostly, will I be able to add this to me existing account as I am finding the information a tad confusing lol.
You'll get the CE items on your old account, you'll be able to register the preorder code to get the pre-order items on your old account, and you'll have a spare copy of ARR (assuming you bought the PC version) that you won't be able to link to your old account.

That's actually pretty much what I did, and I'm giving away my spare copy to my mother.

N.A

Banned

I am under the assumption that the pre-order stuff is a separate code than the ARR CE activation key. (is this correct ?)

Pre-order codes can be added to any account and as you have the 1.0 CE you'll automatically get the ARR CE in-game items.

The only issue is for those like me who have 1.0 standard and have bought the physical ARR. The in-game items are tied to the game code and SE are saying they won't allow that code to be used on an existing service account so we have to buy the digital upgrade too :/

Jinko

Pre-order codes can be added to any account and as you have the 1.0 CE you'll automatically get the ARR CE in-game items.

The only issue is for those like me who have 1.0 standard and have bought the physical ARR. The in-game items are tied to the game code and SE are saying they won't allow that code to be used on an existing service account so we have to buy the digital upgrade too :/

It is really badly handled as usual, you have my sympathy, hopefully they will find a way to fix it before launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom