• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important question. What are the pros and cons of Legacy servers with GAF?

Pros

- You play with cool people
- Free items and crafting
- Probably you'll be able to tackle all the content until the high level stuff without relying in content finder

Cons

- Too many cats and uncute midgets

Allard

Is phase 3 still in Gridania, or are they opening the world up for this one?

Opening up Black Shroud, La Noscea, and Thanalan regions. Coerthas and Mor Dhona regions will still be blocked off and I am sure like beta 1-2 there will be places in the environment you can't go due to unfinished (or purposefully block offed for spoilers) areas. For instance you still couldn't see the northern most area of East Shroud in beta because it is a 'high lvl' area which they didn't want people to work on just yet.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Nope, I meant LS. lol

Thanks, I really don't want to run into the same problems as last time...

Not being able to kick people out who haven't played in months, and forcing us to remake the LS over and over was the stupidest thing ever.

King_Moc

Banned
The Black Shroud, Thanalan and La Noscea (and their respective city-states)!

Opening up Black Shroud, La Noscea, and Thanalan regions. Coerthas and Mor Dhona regions will still be blocked off and I am sure like beta 1-2 there will be places in the environment you can't go due to unfinished (or purposefully block offed for spoilers) areas. For instance you still couldn't see the northern most area of East Shroud in beta because it is a 'high lvl' area which they didn't want people to work on just yet.

Cheers. That sounds good then, should be at least half of the world!

omlet

Ah, now I'm really curious how they will have them setup. Reading up on what to expect from LS they seem more like managed chat channels setup like forums (Admin/Moderator) than Guilds (Master/Leader). If they really have been downgraded that much then I wonder if we would even need an LS website just for something like that. This thread might be enough. Guildwork may be really outdated when we get to see the changes as well.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Huh? Downgraded? Linkshells have always just been managed chat channels.

Credo

If I haven't played in...forever. Would I need to go find my discs or will they have a full client to download?

There should be a full client once you're in the beta. I haven't played since 5 months or so after 1.0 started, and there was a client for me.

Xux

If I haven't played in...forever. Would I need to go find my discs or will they have a full client to download?
The Beta client's just downloaded off of the Beta forum:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/forum.php

If you hadn't gotten in by Phase 2 and have an FFXIV account, you should try accessing that page in the next few days before the Beta starts up again next Friday.

The launch client will probably be available in a similar way if it's not just an update from the Beta/Phase 4 client.

Looks like that server you guys are aiming for is moving to the west. They are going to have specific time zones as well right? Like it's not going to be just "Japan servers or Euro/NA servers" right?

Munba

About NDA

As the NDA will be lifted as of phase 3 of the beta test, you may freely consult with your friends in or outside the game before submitting your application.

I can't play with japanese people anymore.. :(

NinjaJesus

Looks like that server you guys are aiming for is moving to the west. They are going to have specific time zones as well right? Like it's not going to be just "Japan servers or Euro/NA servers" right?

This is awesome news. I'm on Aegis, but I wanted to jump to the GAF server anyway. Hopefully I can get my Midgardsormr friends to make the jump with me.

ebil

I won't have to move either, Ragnarok should be EU-based (now I hope there will actually be people on it to play with...).

Edit: actually, Fernehalwes is a bit more specific than The lodestone regarding the location of the Legacy servers. Ragnarok is now officially a EU server

Xux

So Japanese servers or not-in-Japan servers? Hopefully they're in, like, Iceland or at least New England for European people.

I dunno if I wanna touch my 1.0 character yet...I'm probably not gonna wanna play as anyone else once the progress actually starts meaning something.

ebil

There's a bit of a debate about Data Centers on the French Beta Forums right now. There's no guarantee that there will be a European Data Center in The Lodestone's article (Ragnarok is recommended for players in the European time zones). If that's the case, playing on a EU server will make absolutely no difference in terms of latency.

So Japanese servers or not-in-Japan servers? Hopefully they're in, like, Iceland or at least New England for European people.
Hopefully.

There's a bit of a debate about Data Centers on the French Beta Forums right now. There's no guarantee that there will be a European Data Center in The Lodestone's article (Ragnarok is recommended for players in the European time zones). If that's the case, playing on a EU server will make absolutely no difference in terms of latency.

Hopefully.

There is confirmation that they are actually moving servers to other places right? Not just labeling things for use in other areas when they are still all in Japan, right?

Not normally something you would have to ask, but here I am.

hteng

Banned
Man Im in south east asia, time zones differences are gonna be a pain in the butt for me. On one hand I only speak english on the other hand I wont have much issue with timezones if I join jp servers but will have communication issues... hopefully i can find the time for gaf LS schedule events

ebil

There is confirmation that they are actually moving servers to other places right? Not just labeling things for use in other areas when they are still all in Japan, right?

Not normally something you would have to ask, but here I am.
Yeah there is, but so far the only thing we know is that they're essentially Japan and NotJapan.

omlet

While it's great to get this info confirmed finally, I have to admit I'm a bit bummed because I suspect Sargatanas will see its JP community abandon ship which would kinda suck.

Glad most GAF players won't need to move, but I wish GAF were on a cooler sounding server lol

Sargatanas has so little to do with the FF universe compared to some of the other names.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Guess I will move from Sargatanas to be on one of the Japanese servers, since I probably wouldn't be able to play with most people form here/my friends because of the time difference. :(

dwix

who's going for uldah when beta 3 starts?
i know i am with the dancing miqote and whatnot inside the city

As much as I want to see what's changed in Ul'dah, I'm gonna start in Limsa. I really like what they've shown of it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom