• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravidrath

So can Legacy players transfer to a new server or not?

I've heard that Sargatanas has been selected as "the official RP server" which... kind of makes me want to run far, far away from it.

I've heard that Sargatanas has been selected as "the official RP server" which... kind of makes me want to run far, far away from it.

1.0 characters cannot be transferred to a server that is not designated "Legacy"

"Legacy players" are free to create a character on whatever server they want.

Coldsnap

Wow, I hardly took any S Shots of FFXIV. Here's some memories.

ffxivgame2011-04-0913-06-45-31_zpsb45d93a4.png
ffxivgame2011-04-2115-28-57-27_zpsedcee9cd.png

(In GM Jail for calling Dega a bad name.)
ZUOba_zps2f83eee5.png

(What a strange dude)
FFXIV_1348293871_zps82802932.jpg

(Ifrit Extreme)

Coldsnap

Who are you hanging around with, nowadays? They surely can't be as fuzzy as me, right? I mean, I gave you so much candy.

OMG ended up being the best NA team on the server LOL. So I was running relic stuff with them up until the game closed. Kage was there from our Darkhold party :) being as emo as always.

LowParry

Oh man...if that's true yes, please. Find another server. lol

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
lol, efts. Ah, the good ol days.

You don't have any pictures of me :(

OMG ended up being the best NA team on the server LOL. So I was running relic stuff with them up until the game closed. Kage was there from our Darkhold party :) being as emo as always.

Ah, nice. I remember about the time I gave up on the game there were a bunch of remnants of days past trying to start shit and failing miserably. Good to know it stayed that way :p

Coldsnap

lol, efts. Ah, the good ol days.

You don't have any pictures of me :(

Ah, nice. I remember about the time I gave up on the game there were a bunch of remnants of days past trying to start shit and failing miserably. Good to know it stayed that way :p

I think I had a bunch of pictures of you half naked but lost it when I built a new PC.

Yea, there was lots of failures and some drama. But in the end Katie Omega, Illustrious Clyne, Kage, and our new found friends (who turned out to be awesome) pulled through. We actually had to PUG our Ifrit Extreme group due to some drama .Half of our team left us in the middle of the last step of relic because they thought we couldn't do it and wanted to catch Shiori and Mr Bungle up to where they were. So we were at a dead stop at Ifrit, I remember standing at the iftrit crystal with just Katie and Illy thinking fuck have I come all this way for naught. We ended up getting these 3 other awesome players + an always drunk bard and created a team with that. Also Lumidus (remember the dude who we made just stand on the light at the darkhold boosfight LOL) stood outside of Ifrit every night for the 2 months we ran him healing us and raising us when we got booted out dead for the bajillionth time. It was a good combo of people who we use to ran Darkhold with, good times.

Ala Alba

If this is true, I vote Excalibur.
Or we could all just go to Ragnarok, despite it being the designated EU server.

Akuosa

Where have you heard that? And are we talking official, or... "official"?

omlet

Can we, as FFXIV players, say RPs are that much bigger losers than us?
Not really.

And besides, if it's just people on the official forums UNofficially designating Sargatanas as the RP server, I don't think that's cause for alarm, especially if SE actually does officially designate a server for RP like they said they probably would (chances are that would be a new server anyway). They'll either be harmless or they'll be hilarious.

Riposte

Good, I want RP people. More people who act like in-world NPCs, the better.

EDIT: Originally wrote "PR people". Nah, Ravi is enough.

omlet

Good, I want RP people. More people who act like in-world NPCs, the better.

EDIT: Originally wrote "PR people". Nah, Ravi is enough.

Yeah, I agree. I played on an RP server for years in WoW and it was awesome even though I hardly did anything RP-y and actually focused more on co-leading one of the most successful alliance-side raiding guild on our server for a while. I really appreciate players who go that extra step to get involved with the game world and lore. Player-run sandbox events can be fun distractions/breaks from endgame sometimes, though you'll never catch me having lengthy conversations in /say narrating my character's backstory, dreams, fears, and sexual preferences.

Of course, then there are things like the Goldshire inn and other infamous (or potentially infamous) stuff, but, hey, the good with the bad.

Now, the TERA RP server, that place was disturbing sometimes... but ARR... I think I'm not worried.

vazel

Banned
No, but you can make a new character on a new server as a legacy account player.
But we won't be able to take our Goobbue with us, will we? I think I'm going to spend the first month in FFXIV 2.0 trolling PS3 players with my Goobbue. It's going to be like having a rare hat in TF2.

Edit: Ewwww, RP'ers are coming to Sargatanas. I think that's the server I'm on.
ugh.gif

Xux

So my future name "Geisswyda Swyguwilwyn" (Ghost Willow, daughter of Silent Owl) isn't too Mary Sue-ish, is it?

dwix

Really excited about the performance boost of SLI/Crossfire in phase 3... I completely forgot that was coming.

omlet

I coulda sworn Balmung (server I was in) was the RP server in 1.0. I always saw a bunch of people in each city sit around in a circle and be so into it.

It was, and since it's going to be an NA/EU server, the English-speaking RP community really has no reason to leave and everyone else doesn't have much reason to try to start a new (un)official group on another server.

hteng

Banned
so what exactly are RP servers? From what I gather it's role playing servers? so what? you can still talk like normal right? people gonna diss you if you talk normal?

Aeana

I have always enjoyed playing on RP servers in MMORPGs. I'm not at all into RPing, but the denizens of RP servers tend to be older and more respectful on average. You occasionally run into some sticklers who insist that everybody RPs, but in my experience they aren't that common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom