• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Guess I will move from Sargatanas to be on one of the Japanese servers, since I probably wouldn't be able to play with most people form here/my friends because of the time difference. :(

I will be moving to a jp server too with Jijidasu.

Riposte

I'm almost certain I started as a Marauder in Ul'dah. I don't mind being one of rarer legacy Limsa players (since only one class is represented). The fact they can't just keep things the same isn't a good look for how they are treating the whole past of 1.0 characters. I'm expecting to be tremendously disappointed.

I was thinking how they could really balance the cities by adding Musketeer and having that go on to become Red Mage. But then I realized they are adding Scholar and now I'm really confused. Is Scholar a job or a class? What is its class?

Anyway, I'm glad Sargatanas is an western server. If it had been Japanese and you guys wanted to move servers, I imagine that would have been one hell of a headache. I'm kind of hoping Japanese players stick around anyway.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I will be move to a jp server too with Jijidasu.
We were discussing it with the rest of the Red Sun crew, but haven't really come to any conclusions - if you think one of those servers is better than the others, do tell!

NinjaJesus

Midgard resident for FFXI? When they merged Midgard out of existence, I felt a slight loss of attachment to the game.

Yup, yup. A few other ppl from Midgard and I are on Aegis atm. Would love it if they brought it back. It's where a lot of the ppl from the FFXI beta went.

ebil

I was thinking how they could really balance the cities by adding Musketeer and having that go on to become Red Mage. But then I realized they are adding Scholar and now I'm really confused. Is Scholar a job or a class? What is its class?
Scholar was confirmed as the 9th job during the last Live Letter and I think it'll be branching off Arcanist.

We've been told that Scholar is the 9th Job.

I think most people are assuming that it will branch from Arcanist along with Summoner.

It's possible that it will have a new class that they haven't announced.. but we just don't know at the moment.

edit - beaten

zeitgeist

Wow, lots of Midgardsormr people here. I also lost interest in the game after Midgard was dissolved. Someone on the new server already had my name so I just called it quits.

Ala Alba

Wait if that starting city if decided by the class you first choose in 1.0, it means I will start on Grid...

...nooooooooo.jpg

I hope not, considering that Arcanist was on the list as well. I don't really want to go through Ul'dah's story on my legacy character.

LL for life.

hteng

Banned
We were discussing it with the rest of the Red Sun crew, but haven't really come to any conclusions - if you think one of those servers is better than the others, do tell!

Can I join too?

I'm pretty torn at the moment as to move to a JP server or stay with sargatanas GAF LS.

I've been wondering if cross server dungeon raids work between JP servers and EU/NA servers playerbase

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
lol damn that's why i'm pretty torn at the moment ; ; and i was just about to message you

lol

Nah, I think we can all understand why people in your position would want to switch over. You probably get to enjoy the game more with a group that plays around your timezone. I would hate for you to have to be around at night/early morning with us only to be bored or alone since mostly everyone else is asleep or at work. :p

hteng

Banned
lol

Nah, I think we can all understand why people in your position would want to switch over. You probably get to enjoy the game more with a group that plays around your timezone. I would hate for you to have to be around at night/early morning with us only to be bored or alone since mostly everyone else is asleep or at work. :p

The old LS (Reddot) was actually very diverse and had lots of ppl from all regions, I recall few were from Aussie, Thai, Indonesia, Japan, EU and US. There are also people that work graveyard shifts and play during day. The LS is almost always active at all times. That's why i had a hard time deciding where to go... yet.

To be honest i didn't like it when they announced the server locations, kinda put off people from other regions from joining which in the end would gradually become more regional based.

edit: looks like Yoshi had some clarification on the server location

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...he-LIVE-Letter?p=826495&viewfull=1#post826495

edit 2: crap, that's a pretty outdated post, ignore it

creid

Ack, I was really hoping I wouldn't regret trading seals for the aetherpasses as I remember spending a lot of seals on them that could've been better used to buy gear, but I see now that they're obsolete and just being refunded as gil :/

Edit: I guess it's not new news, the post was from Oct 2012.

Jinko

lol

Raises hand.

I am hoping there will be a decent EU community on Sarg now, wasn't that bad before but could have been better.

I'm still intrigued if they have done away with the EU data centre or NA/EU is split between two data centres. (might end up West and East US data centres maybe)

Ravidrath

People worried about servers should also keep the Duty Finder in mind.

While your server could be slow at certain times because you're in another time zone, you should always be able to find local people to play with through the Duty Finder.

We've been told that Scholar is the 9th Job.

I think most people are assuming that it will branch from Arcanist along with Summoner.

It's possible that it will have a new class that they haven't announced.. but we just don't know at the moment.

edit - beaten

I don't think it would make a lick of sense to have two separate classes with books as weapons.

hteng

Banned
Summoner Relic is a Kindle, though - what would it be for Scholar?

CXBGans.jpg

notworksafe

So all linkshells carry over? That's kinda neat, though I guess it wouldn't allow name changes?

At least Sargatanas will be an NA server. That makes me happy.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
So all linkshells carry over? That's kinda neat, though I guess it wouldn't allow name changes?

At least Sargatanas will be an NA server. That makes me happy.

We're waiting to see what management options are available to LS leaders in phase 3.

seeing as most will be sticking with Sargatanas. is there a fresh server that GAF is leaning towards?

Adamantoise, Behemoth, Cactuar, Coeurl, Diabolos, Gilgamesh, Goblin, Leviathan, Malboro, Midgardsormr and Ultros

My vote for the fresh server goes to Ultros!

My Legacy character is on Aegis, so I guess I'll apply to move him over to one of the US locations, though I don't intend to use him. I might log into the account occasionally just to sample end-game content and housing. lol

My vote for the fresh server goes to Ultros!

My Legacy character is on Aegis, so I guess I'll apply to move him over to one of the US locations, though I don't intend to use him. I might log into the account occasionally just to sample end-game content and housing. lol

+1

I suppose I'll end up on whatever server most EU players gravitate to though.

DrDogg

My friends and I are leaning toward a fresh server, but does anyone know how many characters you can have on a Legacy account? I thought it was 3, but I don't recall exactly. I would like to have my old character on a Legacy server, and start a new character on a fresh server, but not if I have to pay more for that luxury.

Also, where did that new server list come from (with Ultros, Midgard, etc)? I went back a few pages but couldn't find the reference point. Do we have regional locations for the new servers?

creid

My friends and I are leaning toward a fresh server, but does anyone know how many characters you can have on a Legacy account? I thought it was 3, but I don't recall exactly. I would like to have my old character on a Legacy server, and start a new character on a fresh server, but not if I have to pay more for that luxury.

Also, where did that new server list come from (with Ultros, Midgard, etc)? I went back a few pages but couldn't find the reference point. Do we have regional locations for the new servers?
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog
Kinda sucky that there's no specific Legacy EU server. Guess that makes Sargatanas choice a bit easier.
In the link above, Ragnarok is listed as (LEGACY/EU).

chris-013

I wanted to offer an update regarding our plans for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn at E3!

The "battle content" that E3 attendees will be playing will be... (*drumroll*) a special version of the Ifrit battle! Attendees will take on a version of the battle against the Primal Ifrit (of course, it'll be tuned so it can be challenged by new players, so don't expect super hard mode Ifrit lol).

If the party emerges victorious, each member will win... a Meteor Survivor polo shirt!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/62104?p=999891#post999891

I hope they will sell or offer the shirt at the Japan Expo. ^^

desu

In the link above, Ragnarok is listed as (LEGACY/EU).

Uhm isn't this just named EU but still a server at a datacenter in the US? I kind of haven't seen any mentioning of an actual EU datacenter, or did I just miss it?

Because then it doesn't make any difference, latency wise.

ebil

Uhm isn't this just named EU but still a server at a datacenter in the US? I kind of haven't seen any mentioning of an actual EU datacenter, or did I just miss it?

Because then it doesn't make any difference, latency wise.
Seems like you're correct: Yoshida just made a huge post clarifying the issue. There are only 2 datacenters (Japan and NA/EU). I'm kind of disappointed right now but I'll hold judgement until I get to play on a "NA/EU" datacenter.

ebil

this was probably answered already but is it possible for new users to have one character on legacy sever and another on a fresh server?
Yes, it's possible within your account capacity (8 characters limit on "Entry" accounts, 40 characters limit on "Standard" accounts).

Seems like you're correct: Yoshida just made a huge post clarifying the issue. There are only 2 datacenters (Japan and NA/EU). I'm kind of disappointed right now but I'll hold judgement until I get to play on a "NA/EU" datacenter.

Man they must be pretty confident latency won't be an issue. Or they've made a huge mistake.

Either way, makes getting all of GAF on the same server easier.

Jinko

Data centre best be East coast then, not that I see latency being a huge deal from what I have seen in Beta.

Jijidasu

You're more than welcome to come join us on Durandal along with the rest of your group if you're looking for a home on a JP server side. There's no particular reason why Durandal would be better than any others, but a lot of the original players on Durandal (Japanese) are staying behind. They were all very nice and fun to play with.

I'm not sure what the plan is yet (still waiting on contact from various Japanese friends) but the way things are looking now is we'll be making our own FC/LS and going from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom