• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xux

For the record. Names like yours drive me absolutely nuts . Impossible to pronounce and type out!
Haha, well, shoot, maybe I'll go for something easier. I could be a Hellsguard and have a name with two English words like Thunder Berry or Flippant Wonder.

Munba

NDA info:

Greetings,

Sorry for the delay in clarifying this, and with today's announcement seeming to cause more confusion.

Here is how non-disclosure agreement will work in Beta Test phase 3:
Information will be free to post. Everything is open and you can post freely about any aspect of the beta test and your thoughts on it.
In regards to images and video in Beta Test phase 3:
You can post images of phase 3 (no images from Alpha, phase 1 or phase 2)
You cannot post audio or video
We will be making a more detailed announcement before the start of Beta phase 3, but I wanted to share this general overview now.

ebil

Great news regarding the NDA, I really didn't expect that (then again I suppose it was going to get increasingly difficult to prevent leaks with so many testers)!

Jinko

So can Legacy players transfer to a new server or not?

I've heard that Sargatanas has been selected as "the official RP server" which... kind of makes me want to run far, far away from it.

Yea Legacy players can transfer to another Legacy server.

There will be the chance to change server between phase 3 and 4.

Edit:-

In the event that your character data has been transferred to an undesired region, we ask that you submit a World transfer application. Applications will be accepted during phase 3, and transfers will occur during phase 4.

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=758c9a3a9f3045637d0d36f1afa1dd51085f4be3

It does say Region though so maybe you can't :S, worth a try non the less ?

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=c04f3593f6d9559a3c75c30887a9678758c91b95

Also XIVpads World Transfer Directory

Also for those asking what the NDA for phase 3 is.
Greetings,

Sorry for the delay in clarifying this, and with today's announcement seeming to cause more confusion.

Here is how non-disclosure agreement will work in Beta Test phase 3:

Information will be free to post. Everything is open and you can post freely about any aspect of the beta test and your thoughts on it.

In regards to images and video in Beta Test phase 3:

You can post images of phase 3 (no images from Alpha, phase 1 or phase 2)
You cannot post audio or video.

We will be making a more detailed announcement before the start of Beta phase 3, but I wanted to share this general overview now.

N.A

Banned
New blog post:

SOUND-TRACK IV: THE VOYEUR'S HOME
June 06, 2013
Hello all!
Ferenhalwes here.

FINAL FANTASY XIV sound director and resident knee-sock inspector, Masayoshi "Knee" Soken came to my desk this morning and asked me if he could throw something up on the blog. I was ready for another round of tail shots, but something had changed. Here's what he had to say:

--------

Sorry for the recent lack of updates, everybody. It's been a busy, busy month for me and my team, what, with phase 3 of the beta test right around the corner, and then the final release right around the corner after that. It's not like I didn't already have enough work, but no...the big P has to stop by my studio and say, "I want to do something special for E3. MAKE ME SOMETHING EPIC!"

Only "epic," you say? That'll be a cinch! I have something right here in the top drawer of my des─ GAHHHHGRGRH!

But the order had been given. There was no turning back. Anything less than mind-blowing would be deemed a failure. A blemish on my soul. A thorn in my pride. This was E3 we were talking about here. This was FINAL FANTASY XIV we were talking about here!

And so my team and I kissed our wives and girlfriends farewell, and locked ourselves in the studio for six days and six nights with nothing but bags of shrimp chips and tall lattes. We worked our fingers till they grew raw, stared at our screens till our eyes glazed over, blared music until our ears bled. And on the seventh day...it was complete. And it was good.

But "good" wasn't good enough. It needed to be epic.

And so for the final mix, we went to Hollywood and bent the knee to Soundelux's Scott Gershin, veteran sound design expert for countless multi-million dollar motion pictures (and our very own New Beginning trailer). And he smiled and nodded (and sent this picture).

JP20130606_1.jpg

The trailer was now epic.

I must have watched it a thousand times that week...and I still get goosebumps with each new viewing.

Hopefully all of you will feel the same.

Talk to you all again soon!

Soken

JP20130606_2.jpg

--------

He's right, you know. It is epic.
Next week, guys!

Fernehalwes

neoemonk

I bought FF XIV on the PC way back when. If I want to play the new version do I just have to restart my account?

Also, is there any way to verify that I'm signed up for the PS3 beta stuff? I'm pretty sure I registered the code back when I bought FF XIII. I avoided signing up for the beta because I think I had originally applied to beta test the PS3 version and got selected for Windows, but since we are approaching phase 4 and I never got an invite, I'm wondering if I screwed up.

This game had totally fallen off my radar, it's hard to believe that it's coming fairly soon. I had played around with the character creator in phase 1 of the beta but I hadn't really played any of it. Aside from that brief bit I don't think I've played this game in over a year.

Seems like NA got shafted on server names for the most part, I like the JP and EU selections much more. I'm glad we got the Ultros server though. If I decide to start from scratch, it’ll almost assuredly be there.

Jomjom

Banned
Quick question for long-time FFXIV players:

Did the Onion Helm come as as bonus for pre-ordering the original or simply if you bought the original CE in 2010?

I used a buddy pass from someone's CE, but I don't think I ever got an Onion helm. I've been told that I should have as the buddy pass is no different than having the CE, minus the physical items of course.

I did however get the Asuran Armguards for having FFXIII.

Is there still any way to get the Garlond goggles and Onion helm for ARR?

Jinko

Seems like NA got the shafted on server names on the most part, I like the JP and EU selections much more. I'm glad we got the Ultros server though. If I decide to start from scratch, it’ll almost assuredly be there.

I reckon we should all move to Ultros >.>

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

Did the Onion Helm come as as bonus for pre-ordering the original or simply if you bought the original CE in 2010?

I used a buddy pass from someone's CE, but I don't think I ever got an Onion helm. I've been told that I should have as the buddy pass is no different than having the CE, minus the physical items of course.

I dont think my buddy pass account was able to get the onion helm by default. It was a code i think?

I haven't played for a long time but I remember the Onion Helm code being sealed inside my 1.0 CE box back in the day because they screwed up and gave me two of them. They were separate codes from the buddy pass. I ended up selling the second code.

No idea if the codes would still be active if you were to track one down, but if they're honoring the codes from FFXIII then I'm sure they'd be fine.

Jomjom

Banned
Thanks for the info guys. Did the Garlond Goggles just come in the regular vanilla FFXIV box?

I'm thinking of tracking down sealed copies of both the CE and vanilla original release so that I can get the items. I especially want that Onion Helm.

Ravidrath

Thanks for the info guys. Did the Garlond Goggles just come in the regular vanilla FFXIV box?

I'm thinking of tracking down sealed copies of both the CE and vanilla original release so that I can get the items. I especially want that Onion Helm.

Yeah, the Garlond Goggles came from the vanilla one.

Honestly, both items are pretty useless. Onion helm is goofy fun, but not good for much else.

Now that the Onion helm was mentioned... I wonder if the new Onion Equipment is just a remodelling of the already existing one to make it unique, or it's an all new independent set. The helm is the same, but all the other pieces are completely new (as the old ones were just purple-colored versions of already existing equipment).

chars.jpg

I can't find now a larger picture, but if you remember the old one you'll see the differences.

EDIT: Oh here it is:
3rPJk8Oh.jpg

Jomjom

Banned
Now that the Onion helm was mentioned... I wonder if the new Onion Equipment is just a remodelling of the already exisiting one to make it unique, or it's an all new independent set. The helm is the same, but all the other pieces are completely new (as the old ones were just purple-colored versions of already existing equipment.

Is this confirmed that there will be new Onion equipment in ARR? If so, I won't have to go buy the CE because I'm ok not having that exact color. I just want an Onion Helm of some sort.

Yeah, the Garlond Goggles came from the vanilla one.

Honestly, both items are pretty useless. Onion helm is goofy fun, but not good for much else.

Yeah I know they were useless, but the goggles look so cool.

^Where'd you take that pic from?

It appeared two or three live letters ago. They used it in that media tour they did in a room decorated like a gridanian house (I can't even remember when or where was that ^^U) and then appeared in the letter. As Always, Yoshida was a bit worried because that pic has sooo many spoilers... XD.

It seems obvious Cloud of Darkness will be the last boss we'll fight in the Crystal Tower, that seems to have lots of FF3 bosses inside (like Amon, who was showed long ago, and Hecatoncheir, who's the warrior the pic.

Is this confirmed that there will be new Onion equipment in ARR? If so, I won't have to go buy the CE because I'm ok not having that exact color. I just want an Onion Helm of some sort.
Well, it looks new indeed, but maybe it's a remodelling of the existing one, replacing the old Onion Equipment (or maybe a high level Onion Equipment?). As the helm is the only same piece as before, maybe it will still be unobtanaible ingame.

Credo

After tackling FF3's final dungeon at too low a level and being driven near mad, I'll gladly grind Cloud of Darkness into a pulp if I ever get the chance.

I am pinging 44ms on their east coast server, I am very happy :)

Lately games (specifically LoL) only have west coast servers, and I was kind of scared this game would do the same.

gillty

Banned
I will be moving to a jp server too with Jijidasu.

Can I join too?

I'm pretty torn at the moment as to move to a JP server or stay with sargatanas GAF LS.

I've been wondering if cross server dungeon raids work between JP servers and EU/NA servers playerbase

Guess I will move from Sargatanas to be on one of the Japanese servers, since I probably wouldn't be able to play with most people form here/my friends because of the time difference. :(

Sign me up for a Japanese server, kinda disappointed Sargantas will be moved to the Montreal location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom