• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jijidasu

Yeah the server for JGAF is going to be Durandal (same for P3!). Once lodestone 2.0 goes like we'll use that to organise stuff internally but if you want to sort out some stuff now I do have an old forum we once used around the original launch, here. (Need to register to see the FFXIV section)

The forum was really active around the original launch and was full of old friends from our FFXI Ragnarok server importer group from 11 years ago but they kind of disappeared as the original launch wasn't up to scratch.

Glad to see some more JGAF and other Asia region folk get on board!

Jinko

Is this confirmed that there will be new Onion equipment in ARR? If so, I won't have to go buy the CE because I'm ok not having that exact color. I just want an Onion Helm of some sort.

There is another helm at lvl 40 which looks similar just with red feathers instead.

Did a ping to their US server and I can only assume its east coast because of the low ping.

Yea yea but what address are you pinging ?

Using Pingtest/Speedtest I am getting 150 ms bleh, better than Japan I suppose, what are west coast US players getting ?

type ping square-enix-montreal.com into CMD promt if you wana test it.

Edit:- 128ms average.

Qvoth

There is another helm at lvl 40 which looks similar just with red feathers instead.

Yea yea but what address are you pinging ?

Using Pingtest/Speedtest I am getting 150 ms bleh, better than Japan I suppose, what are west coast US players getting ?

type ping square-enix-montreal.com into CMD promt if you wana test it.

I am getting 236-299ms well fuck that !

this is great! thanks!
what about the jp servers? anybody knows how to ping those?

Thoraxes

I'm sitting at 34ms avg from pinging.

Sweet. Probably gonna stay on Hyperion where I mostly was in 1.0.

jN2R6BI.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
This game had totally fallen off my radar, it's hard to believe that it's coming fairly soon. I had played around with the character creator in phase 1 of the beta but I hadn't really played any of it. Aside from that brief bit I don't think I've played this game in over a year.

Lisa needs braces!

Ravidrath

Southeast here and I got 76 ms. I can't remember what it was during 1.0, but I don't guess 76 ms is too bad.

It was probably worse.

On top of that, 1.0 was terrible for any kind of latency, mostly as a result of the stupid / awesome realistic movement design and poor coding.

2.0 has neither of those issues, so it should be a great improvement over any 1.0 experience. At least based on the beta, it feels a lot snappier and more responsive than XI did, too.

It was probably worse.

On top of that, 1.0 was terrible for any kind of latency, mostly as a result of the stupid / awesome realistic movement design and poor coding.

2.0 has neither of those issues, so it should be a great improvement over any 1.0 experience.

Everything being server side is one of the dumbest things I can remember with making an mmo.

Wish I could be excited for Beta 3. Got no key though! That said, hearing what people think of it will be good.

Are legacy players guaranteed in or something?

Sorry for a question that might have been asked a million times before. But if I am in the beta right now on PC will I be able to have access to the PS3 beta as well? I am not too concerned either way, but I have a odd affinity to playing an online FF on PS system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom