• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Reading the google translated stuff... it seems Aero is now instant ! ^^

Woot he listened to my feedback, I feel so special :eyeroll

Sorry for a question that might have been asked a million times before. But if I am in the beta right now on PC will I be able to have access to the PS3 beta as well? I am not too concerned either way, but I have a odd affinity to playing an online FF on PS system.

Only if you have applied for the PS3 beta either originally or separately.

Aeana

So many of these things are really stupid.

They probably get better later on, but there are approximately 97,000 comments about hairstyles.
Actually, one of them made me laugh. It was like "I want my lalafel gal's hair to bounce around!" and the answer was "From beta 3, hair will bounce according to physics, and we intend to expand the scope after evaluating performance post-release"

someone said they made adjustments to moving - > spell interruption.

Poor reinheart is working on a translation but I think it's going to be too much.

I hope the official one comes soon.

ebil

someone said they made adjustments to moving - > spell interruption.

Poor reinheart is working on a translation but I think it's going to be too much.

I hope the official one comes soon.
Hvinire has started posting the official translation, that was quick!

Hvinire has started posting the official translation, that was quick!

indeed it was.

I hope they get the rest translated soon. Bayohne shouldn't be allowed to leave his desk until it's done..

edit -

There was going to be an uproar from someone even if (especially if) they implemented all of the feedback received...

Jijidasu

There's a hell of a lot of stuff in that feedback thread, and I'm certain there's going to be a bit of uproar regarding some of the less positive feedback responses.

I'm curious to hear how far away the first content patch will be after launch, considering there's an awful lot of important stuff due to come in 2.1. A rough date for the direct X 11 and graphic overhaul update would be nice, too.

Ravidrath

There's a hell of a lot of stuff in that feedback thread, and I'm certain there's going to be a bit of uproar regarding some of the less positive feedback responses.

I'm curious to hear how far away the first content patch will be after launch, considering there's an awful lot of important stuff due to come in 2.1. A rough date for the direct X 11 and graphic overhaul update would be nice, too.

Which things do you think are going to cause an uproar?

And what stuff is expected in 2.1, again?

I think we're probably getting a little ahead of ourselves worry about the patch, though, because they have expanded the initial game in some ways with the delay.

MrDaravon

After never playing FFXI really (I actually imported the midnight blue PS2 system bundle for it and played it a tiny bit there, but that's it), completely missing the original version of this game, I just pre-ordered the PS3 CE of this game. For some reason the newer videos have gotten me hype, I don't know why since I've never really played a MMO before, furthest I've ever gone in that direction is maybe PSO/PSU. I'd go PC, but I don't think this laptop would run it very well, and the few IRL friends I know would probably be getting it on PS3 anyway. If nothing else I can just move over at some point later anyway (worst case could start over if you can't move directly) I suppose. Also there is no way in fuck I am going through Digital River to get the PC CE.

Why am I so excited lol. I know it's not going to look as good as the PC version, but hopefully the PS3 version turns out at least okay. Like many others I don't know if I'm going to get into the PS3 beta, since my original FF13 code is lost to the previous S-E site and I had to re-apply. I did just get my early access code from pre-ordering on Amazon, but I'm assuming that's not for the beta and just a couple day headstart thing right?

Jijidasu

Which things do you think are going to cause an uproar?

And what stuff is expected in 2.1, again?

I think we're probably getting a little ahead of ourselves worry about the patch, though, because they have expanded the initial game in some ways with the delay.

Mostly the limited physics options and some of the things people were calling to be changed but aren't possible to change due to (suspected) hardware limitations (PS3). I also think that the a lot of the things like the barber system being in 2.1 with no rough date set is a bit of a touchy subject.

I personally would like it in at launch because depending as hairstyles are spread across different races, my character's race is going to change depending on what style I like. Not having the full spectrum to decide from is going to be troublesome.

But yes, I think it's better to wait and see what phase 3 does offer first.

Ala Alba

Me too.

Although if they're going to keep it, they should force it on all the miqo'te females too if they want them to look more beast-like. lol

I'm glad they stuck to their guns on this one.

I'm mainly disappointed that there's mark-less option for females but not for males. I'm totally fine with the lore-related reasons for aesthetically displeasing racial features, but only as long as it's consistent. This way the mark-less female options just feel like pandering.

omlet

I'm mainly disappointed that there's mark-less option for females but not for males. I'm totally fine with the lore-related reasons for aesthetically displeasing racial features, but only as long as it's consistent. This way the mark-less female options just feel like pandering.

If I recall, there was only 1 face for females without markings, for sun seekers. Been a while so I may be remembering wrong. We'll see next week, though!

Seth

If I recall, there was only 1 face for females without markings, for sun seekers. Been a while so I may be remembering wrong. We'll see next week, though!

Checked a character creation video I made during the last phase of the beta, you are correct.

Qvoth

We have a policy to strongly avoid using dungeons in order to complete side quests.

interesting policy...
this goes against most mmos that i know of

edit: translating some things i find are worth mentioning

your contribution on fates is determined by hate, not damage, so healers can still contribute to fate just by healing (personal note: in fact it could be better for healers just to aoe heal on fates since it will gain hate from multiple enemies)

number of players determine the HP and durability of the fate monsters

interesting policy...
this goes against most mmos that i know of

edit: translating some things i find are worth mentioning

your contribution on fates is determined by hate, not damage, so healers can still contribute to fate just by healing (personal note: in fact it could be better for healers just to aoe heal on fates since it will gain hate from multiple enemies)

number of players determine the HP and durability of the fate monsters

Guess tanks will have an edge in this, but is probably the best system.

Guess tanks will have an edge in this, but is probably the best system.

It's definitely better than doing it based on damage alone.

I'm liking a lot of the changes so far.

The people complaining about animations feeling weightless will remain salty, but there is a lot of good stuff in there, imo.

hteng

Banned
ok so when Phase 3 start, do you guys plan on gathering up and do stuff?

Is our friendlist carried over from 1.0? and if not, if we friend during phase 3, will it carry over to phase 4 / launch?

It's definitely better than doing it based on damage alone.

I'm liking a lot of the changes so far.

The people complaining about animations feeling weightless will remain salty, but there is a lot of good stuff in there, imo.

Good. I hope they are the same people who were against jumping so that they are extra salty. Animation lock for this type of mmo is bad and they should feel bad.

In Beta phase 3 we've addressed situations where you are running after monsters or out of position and an action is cancelled even though there was an animation. Please check it out.

Good job, lets see how it works.

Also

The current drop rate of the dungeon rewards are too high. - We have made changes to the number of treasures chests and their content in Beta phase 3.

God damn it people. I could already constantly run the low level instances and never see lancer drops, and that was while capped. No chance of getting anything good if you are just normally leveling.

Xux

so do we have to register credit card to have FFXIV accounts and be eligible for beta?
You just have to apply to be eligible and then you'd have to make an account to play, I believe.

If you ever played FFXIV, you're in Phase 3 but they haven't given any kind of access to anyone that wasn't in Phase 2.

Phase 4 is open.

To see what access you have go here:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/info

And then click Select Service, Final Fantasy XIV (if you have an account on the FFXIV page, you'll be in Phase 3), Options List then lists if you have Beta Access.

Kyon

Banned
You just have to apply to be eligible and then you'd have to make an account to play, I believe.

If you ever played FFXIV, you're in Phase 3 but they haven't given any kind of access to anyone that wasn't in Phase 2.

Phase 4 is open.

To see what access you have go here:

https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/info

And then click Select Service, Final Fantasy XIV (if you have an account on the FFXIV page, you'll be in Phase 3), Options List then lists if you have Beta Access.

Active Service Accounts
There are no active service accounts at the moment.

Cancelled Service Accounts
There are no service accounts that have been cancelled.

;________________;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom