• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiv being tsun as usual.

Apologies to those who had to put up with my downright awful play in EM Titan...you guys would have beaten it if I wasn't dying so much. Maybe I can beat the EM primals at least once before the patch but ehh, I question if it's really worth it.

Thanks to those who put up with my constant questions about crafting, i am finally getting the hang of it.

WTB leves

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Got WVR to 50!

Now only BSM & ARM to go, will have all DoH and DOL to 50

Time to go mine a fuck-ton of ore and ash and make ingot for days!

Funny how ARM gets the easy leves and BSM gets fucked over =/

Jayhawk

I have all the craft classes at 50 since December and haven't touched them since. Maybe I will use them once patch hits. :>

Got WVR to 50!

Now only BSM & ARM to go, will have all DoH and DOL to 50

Time to go mine a fuck-ton of ore and ash and make ingot for days!

Funny how ARM gets the easy leves and BSM gets fucked over =/

ARM seemed a lot worse to level to me than BSM, the items they required for the single turn ins always required a lot of random things, and cost me a lot to level. Guess that is what I get for being lazy and not leveling gathering jobs.

ARM seemed a lot worse to level to me than BSM, the items they required for the single turn ins always required a lot of random things, and cost me a lot to level. Guess that is what I get for being lazy and not leveling gathering jobs.

Swindle a gatherer into getting stuff for you in exchange for gear?

Bigger question is why are you in CT with the patch a week out!

Misery Mora

Misery Mora

He's the reason behind my current misery... he dragged me into this shitshow :(

Although, doing that CT allowed me to witness the first 2014 macro of the year nominee:

TybPttg.png

So I decide to do a CT with someone, and even as a tank there is a 18min wait time...

No one cares about or does CT anymore this close to the patch. Tanks used to get a CT queue pop almost before the mouse button had popped back up after you clicked on Join. It wasn't so much an instantaneous queue as it was a queue that literally traveled back in time and had you queued even before you actually queued. El Psy Congroo.

chrono01

Only two hours until the Live Letter!

Also, regarding CT, all I need are the BLM gloves to complete my set. After around 20 runs in the last couple weeks, and not seeing them once, I know I will never have them.

He's the reason behind my current misery... he dragged me into this shitshow :(

Although, doing that CT allowed me to witness the first 2014 macro of the year nominee:

Blaming others as always...

Only two hours until the Live Letter!

Also, regarding CT, all I need are the BLM gloves to complete my set. After around 20 runs in the last couple weeks, and not seeing them once, I know I will never have them.

Why would you do that to yourself?

Teknoman

No one cares about or does CT anymore this close to the patch.

Hey, I got my light pants.

On a serious note, the actual tower itself should be better thought out. Labyrinth of Ancients would've been alot better had it been in from day 1. But it'll still be a nice stepping stone for PS4 newcomers. We really shouldnt be calling it CT anyway, since its just the area outside the tower like in that shot post of III.

I still need the boots to complete the healer set but I'm not planning on setting foot in there ever again, so I guess I'll never complete it. Squenix really, really did not think CT through when they were releasing content. Everything about CT was a huge piece of shit from the day it launched until the day it died.

chrono01

Why would you do that to yourself?
It's the "completionist" in me. I cannot say "no" to him. :(

I still need the boots to complete the healer set but I'm not planning on setting foot in there ever again, so I guess I'll never complete it. Squenix really, really did not think CT through when they were releasing content. Everything about CT was a huge piece of shit from the day it launched until the day it died.
I'll agree with this. Normally, I welcome new content, but I never enjoyed CT, not even my first run through the place and definitely not my 50th. It's just not enjoyable and, given the fact that you're paired with another 16 strangers [sometimes more] the possibility for "trolling" is just too great.

If they would have allowed a full 24-player FC group to run the place, maybe it would have been more tolerable. Maybe. However, as it stands, I kind of hope Square-Enix never releases more 24-player content, at least in the form it's currently in.

BLCKATK

If they would have allowed a full 24-player FC group to run the place, maybe it would have been more tolerable. Maybe. However, as it stands, I kind of hope Square-Enix never releases more 24-player content, at least in the form it's currently in.

Seems like their goal is to have queuing in place for that in 2.3, right when the new CT hits. But that stuff is doomed to LFR tier, and I doubt it will change. They've definitely decided that they want the harder encounters to be focused on 8 players.

chrono01

Welp, forgot to cancel my sub in time so uh, bring on the next patch I guess

Woo
That's like reaching into your pocket and finding $20. Except, the $20 doesn't magically manifest and is, instead, deducted from your bank account without your knowing. However, upon looking at the $20 again, you realize it is in, actuality, not $20, but a delicious pizza.

Enjoy your pizza, friend.

Seems like their goal is to have queuing in place for that in 2.3, right when the new CT hits. But that stuff is doomed to LFR tier, and I doubt it will change. They've definitely decided that they want the harder encounters to be focused on 8 players.
As long as it remains that way, I will be happy!

Ken

That's like reaching into your pocket and finding $20. Except, the $20 doesn't magically manifest and is, instead, deducted from your bank account without your knowing. However, upon looking at the $20 again, you realize it is in, actuality, not $20, but a delicious pizza.

except there's 12 people trying to cut the pizza from the center and 12 people trying to cut it from the crust all tugging at the pizza slicer until it goes out of control and starts slicing people

chrono01

except there's 12 people trying to cut the pizza from the center and 12 people trying to cut it from the crust all tugging at the pizza slicer until it goes out of control and starts slicing people
I will never look at pizza the same way again.

Hear that, CT? You ruined pizza for me. You monster.

Reknoc

Only I've been pizza free for months after getting sick of pizza due to eating nothing but pizza for a few months.

Man now I'm hungry.

Sophia

I've lost track of how many times I've ran Crystal Tower. Surely it's over 100 by now. That said, I don't actually hate the place. ><;

chrono01

Only I've been pizza free for months after getting sick of pizza due to eating nothing but pizza for a few months.

Man now I'm hungry.
My condolences. :(

Unless you actually manage to order [and enjoy] a pizza, in which case, you are welcome!

I've lost track of how many times I've ran Crystal Tower. Surely it's over 100 by now. That said, I don't actually hate the place. ><;
You are a stronger person than I.

Listening to music in the background helps the tedium somewhat, but I would be lying if I said I enjoyed myself in there. It doesn't seem like I'll have to put up with it much longer, though. I have a feeling once 2.2 hits, that place will be a ghost town. In its current state, it almost already is.

Sophia

You are a stronger person than I.

Listening to music in the background helps the tedium somewhat, but I would be lying if I said I enjoyed myself in there. It doesn't seem like I'll have to put up with it much longer, though. I have a feeling once 2.2 hits, that place will be a ghost town. In its current state, it almost already is.

For what its worth, my guild almost always does full or near full parties for Crystal Tower. We can effectively strong arm the run if things are going poorly. Plus being on Mumble all at the same time really adds to the atmosphere.

I honestly have not had that many failed Crystal Tower runs. Most succeed really.

chrono01

Got to wonder about the stats though. idk seems kinda high considering allagan 1 weapons will still be a challenge to obtain.
Indeed.

Also interested in why they're holding back the ilvl for the Allagan High Staff, unless it's something ridiculous like ivl120+.

Charging 200 yen for additional retainers? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom