• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headaches from what? If it's from camera spin, you know what side of the boat the splash will be on based on where Levi last was/going to. So if he is at front and dives to back, you know next splash will come somewhere from back.

Hmmm, well that will simplify things then. I will try that the next time, thanks!

I will take a break and try and beat Titan, Ifrit and Turn 5 on my healer alt so I can get all caught up.

Sophia

Hi guys, a little help if possible.

So I bought FFXIV last year through PSN when it was $10. Haven't touched it yet.
I have no desire to play it on my PS3, I just want to jump straight into PS4.
Is it possible to download it directly to my PS4 from PSN or is it necessary to go through a transfer process from PS3 to PS4?
Note, I do not own a PS4 yet but hopefully will sometime soon.

Thanks!

You will need to download it for the PS3 and go through the activation process, which includes creating a Square-Enix account, linking it to a PSN account, and then adding the FFXIV PS3 service to the Square-Enix account. All of this must be done through the client, as you bought it digitally, and yes, this requires a nearly full download.

Once you've done all that, you can upgrade your PS3 service to PS4 on the MogStation.

You gotta login on the ps3 at least once create your character then transfer it to ps4 via mogstation

ok, so my question relates to the person above.

except, i created my character in the last beta, and now when i try to boot up the beta file it tells me i need to purchase the digital download on the playstation store or register a product code (neither of which i can do, the ps4 digital download isn't available yet and i can't register a code either because it hasn't been released yet lol).

it seems like the people here are using the beta client just fine on the ps4 currently, but is that because they're already registered with a ps3 transfer?

i can't figure out why mine isn't letting me play :( i've completely turned my ps4 off and on with no luck. any insight would be appreciated, i'd hate to have to redownload the client.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I'm having alot of trouble guys and I don't know what to do kupo :(

I registered a new SE ID when playing the BETA; however, now I want to transfer my PS3 data n copy to my PS4 and it is not letting me change my SE ID - I can't click on it.

What can I do? :(

Please help

I just purchased the PC version from newegg for $12 (^_^)

I hope to become active in these threads as I'd really like to get into this game. How do I go about joining you people?

Noi

Well... this could be just dumb luck, but so far I'm 2/2 on that japanese atma theory. Got Atma of the Twins at 7:30, and Atma of the Scales at 11:30, both Server time. It's really hard to tell with how stupid low the drop rates are to begin with. I just need Scorpion, Bull and Goat to finish the set, and they've been the longest that it's taken me to get, so I'll report back on that once its time for those three.

so i might've answered my own question, apparently because i have the PC version but not the ps3 version i may need the early access code? does anyone have one to share?

i'm just really confused and want to play FF14 :(

Epcott

What post has the Gaf Free Companies and servers? It was posted before but I lost track of it.

Finally have a sub, playing in Excalibur as Gunmetal Grey.

Phlebas

Banned
Well... this could be just dumb luck, but so far I'm 2/2 on that japanese atma theory. Got Atma of the Twins at 7:30, and Atma of the Scales at 11:30. It's really hard to tell with how stupid low the drop rates are to begin with. I just need Scorpion, Bull and Goat to finish the set, and they've been the longest that it's taken me to get, so I'll report back on that once its time for those three.

Server time or Japanese Standard Time ?

That Japanese time trick must have some other factors involved. I got 10 of my Atma from around 12.00 am - 3.00 am and none of them dropped quickly.

pje122

You gotta login on the ps3 at least once create your character then transfer it to ps4 via mogstation

You will need to download it for the PS3 and go through the activation process, which includes creating a Square-Enix account, linking it to a PSN account, and then adding the FFXIV PS3 service to the Square-Enix account. All of this must be done through the client, as you bought it digitally, and yes, this requires a nearly full download.

Once you've done all that, you can upgrade your PS3 service to PS4 on the MogStation.
Thanks, guys.

Now can you please tell me, is there any reason I cannot start the above process six months from now? And it would still be 100% OK?

(After purchasing the game for $10 last year on PSN I haven't done anything else)

Also I participated in the PS3 beta briefly last year. This would not complicate things, would it?

Wow, just beat titan hm for the first time. That was intense. Phew. A few more myth and I will have my relic.

question, how do you unlock leviathan hm?

Zomba13

I agree. Reroll your character man!

OP should have a big ass picture/banner/flag of Join Ultros.

No disrespect to Sargatanas but Ultros GAF is so plentiful and helpful and friendly. On sarg there were times when I was playing and the only one on or there was just 1 or 2 others, on Ultros there always seems to be at least 30 whenever I check.

The Ultros house kinda sucks though. You'd think for a mansion it'd have better decor.

LtOrange

Wow I just lost 4 hours to this game without even blinking. Relaxing on the couch and playing with a controller is a total blast! I am struggling a little bit with the controller targeting, but other than that It handles really well.

molnizzle

So... I just did the PS4 upgrade on the MogStation. I input the code on the PSN web store, it shows FFXIV, I click redeem. "Code has already been used." I then try again on the PS4, same thing. FFXIV shows up, says the code has already been used when I click redeem.

WTF?

phants

Just about to start from scratch; anyone in New Zealand playing? Or Australia? Keen to choose a server with at least some gaffers on it that will be playing roughly the same time as me :)

Aeana

So... I just did the PS4 upgrade on the MogStation. I input the code on the PSN web store, it shows FFXIV, I click redeem. "Code has already been used." I then try again on the PS4, same thing. FFXIV shows up, says the code has already been used when I click redeem.

WTF?
For the time being, you can just download the client regardless, so the code isn't necessary.

Noi

Atma of the Scorpion at 2:44 ST. That's 3/3 during the hour stated... though definitely not as quick as the theory makes it seem, since I start farming for them at X:00. Still, maybe there's something to it. Maybe.

Zomba13

Atma of the Scorpion at 2:44 ST. That's 3/3... though definitely not as quick as the theory makes it seem, since I start farming for them at X:00. Still, maybe there's something to it. Maybe.

44 mins for the scorpion is lightning fast compared to me. Might have merit because I think I farmed Scorpion roughly the same times each try (like the same span of many hours).

Noi

44 mins for the scorpion is lightning fast compared to me. Might have merit because I think I farmed Scorpion roughly the same times each try (like the same span of many hours).

Yeah, I mean, its still relatively quick compared to spending hours in one spot with no result. Again, just plain ol' luck and not knowing what the exact drop rates are is what still has me skeptic. My real personal test will be Atma of the Goat, which I've spent days trying to farm with no success. If I can get that drop within the hour, I'll be fully convinced that this works as stated.

molnizzle

For the time being, you can just download the client regardless, so the code isn't necessary.

Already had the client from beta, I was just worried about not being able to play. It seems I can.

But we now have a big problem. My auto hotbar switching doesn't work anymore. It switches when I draw my weapon, but doesn't switch back after I sheathe it. That completely fucks up my entire setup.

Ugh. God dammit S-E.

Finally this madness is over

KINL6OP.jpg

Got Atma of Ram in 10 min. According to Japanese trick that is suppose to be at 6.00. I still say Atma is purely RNG

OP should have a big ass picture/banner/flag of Join Ultros.

No disrespect to Sargatanas but Ultros GAF is so plentiful and helpful and friendly. On sarg there were times when I was playing and the only one on or there was just 1 or 2 others, on Ultros there always seems to be at least 30 whenever I check.

The Ultros house kinda sucks though. You'd think for a mansion it'd have better decor.

Needs more Carbuncle stuff. All these Tonberries scares people away.

Teknoman

The next update is actually letting us in the Crystal Tower + 24 person pre-made party duty finder right? We should make that some sort of FC event.

Yeah, I just noticed our FC events album is empty. Would be nice if frontlines pvp turned out good. Then we could make that an event of sorts too...probably.

ive just hit 14, Most impressed with what they've done, in putting an MMO on console, the controls take some getting used too, but when you do it all runs smoothly.

Bene off MMO's for a few years and this look to be getting me back into them, i swore id only play the free 30 days, but i think they got a sub here, damn them makine a beautifl game with a great musical score and addicting gotta do one more quest,hunt log, level gameplay.

regarding attributepoints do they get stored? as in i hit level ten got 3 and leveled up a few times and forgot to use them. So at level 12 how many points hould I have to use?

Yaqoub

I have a problem could use some help:

I got the PS4 hard copy early, redeemed the PSN code in the box no problem and prompted me to download the game, which I did.

On the log in screen I log in and it diverts me to a page saying:

"No valid or active service account is available to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

In order to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn you must first purchase the digital download from the PlayStation Store or register a product code.

*Users participating in early access must also complete registration before April 16, 2014.

To complete registration please first close the game client then access the mog station in the browser........."

I never played the PS3 version, played both PS4 betas and my account is originally PC and is active. I'm supposed to meet the early access criteria right?

I go to my Mog Station page and it shows nothing with regards to activating my PS4 copy on my service account so I assume linking my retail copy to my SE account is done on the PS4, much like it happened with the beta client, but I won't get past that error page above for it to register.

Anyway I'm suspecting that this error is happening because I don't have early access but maybe there's something else to it? I redownloaded the game to no avail, deleted files and reinstalled it from disc, doesn't fix the issue. Will try again on release day and see what happens.

On my PSN account it shows that I bought the game (after redeeming the PSN code) so I own it now.

Anyone have any ideas?

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
I have a problem could use some help:

I got the PS4 hard copy early, redeemed the PSN code in the box no problem and prompted me to download the game, which I did.

On the log in screen I log in and it diverts me to a page saying:

"No valid or active service account is available to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.

In order to play Final Fantasy XIV: A Real Reborn you must first purchase the digital download from the PlayStation Store or register a product code.

*Users participating in early access must also complete registration before April 16, 2014.

To complete registration please first close the game client then access the mog station in the browser........."

I never played the PS3 version, played both PS4 betas and my account is originally PC and is active. I'm supposed to meet the early access criteria right?

I go to my Mog Station page and it shows nothing with regards to activating my PS4 copy on my service account so I assume linking my retail copy to my SE account is done on the PS4, much like it happened with the beta client, but I won't get past that error page above for it to register.

Anyway I'm suspecting that this error is happening because I don't have early access but maybe there's something else to it? I redownloaded the game to no avail, deleted files and reinstalled it from disc, doesn't fix the issue. Will try again on release day and see what happens.

On my PSN account it shows that I bought the game (after redeeming the PSN code) so I own it now.

Anyone have any ideas?

I guess we will have to wait for monday :( I am in the same boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom