• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcye

That's disappointing to hear. I was excited at all the different things you can do this in this game, and to hear some of them aren't worth the time....

It depends what you want out of the crafting jobs. If you want to become a gillionaire then you'll probably be disappointed by most of the crafting jobs and all of the gathering jobs unless you're prepared to put hundreds of hours into them. If you just want to be self-sufficient and to not waste your Gil then you'll be quite pleased.

i don't know why they didn't introduce new rings to overmeld. it was one of the best fun i had in this game. overmeld great jewelry. the thrill of seeing all your money drain away....

Jea Song

Did the right thing
So I did the upgrade, logged in as my character...

I haven't actually made my payment yet cause the credit card is old but yet it still lets me roam the world.

This Easter egg hunt is a little confusing. I'm basically told to hunt for eggs of three different values. I can either open them or trade them in for a higher value egg. That's it.

There's eggs EVERYWHERE and I can't pick up a damned one of them. It's not even in my job list anymore.

Worst Coil Group finally downed Twin today!

1397255181491.png

Hell, it's about time.
/starcraftmarine

Grats guys!

Vashetti

Banned
So I did the upgrade, logged in as my character...

I haven't actually made my payment yet cause the credit card is old but yet it still lets me roam the world.

The upgrade gives you early access (i.e. free time).

You'll have to pay on or after the 14th.

Xux

This Easter egg hunt is a little confusing. I'm basically told to hunt for eggs of three different values. I can either open them or trade them in for a higher value egg. That's it.

There's eggs EVERYWHERE and I can't pick up a damned one of them. It's not even in my job list anymore.
You either get them from the event quests (two have been opened so far) or you can find coddled spriggans (which are supposed to be pretty rare) out in field areas that drop them.

Decided to play the PS3 version for a few minutes before I upgrade. Damn is the difference bigger than night and day. Resolution, jaggies, framerate seems to never go above 20 even in cutscenes, and draw distance is abysmal. I'm glad the PS4 version is as great as it is.

Resilient

Any new coil groups up and coming? Need to get into a static. Haman grats!! That did actually take you guys ages though; since December! Intense!!

I just got my early access and was able to put in a couple of hours today. I'm so impressed with what they did with the PS4 version. I was tempted to pick it up on the PC but thought it would be interesting to play on the PS4. Plus I couldn't resist the PS4 CE. hehe

I'm looking forward to playing with you guys. Along with my brother who got it on PC, we will be applying for GAF soon!

jiggle

Are there any unique equipment reward from the Easter event?
Seems like a lot of effort to get just 1 golden egg with random content

Zomba13

Are there any unique equipment reward from the Easter event?
Seems like a lot of effort to get just 1 golden egg with random content

Easter event gets you the Egg harness for your chocobo. Can gett different egg hats and rings from the egg vendor people. The bronze/silver/gold eggs just seem to be random egg food, allagan pieces or glamours.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Is there any way to get a PS4 Mog Hat / Cait Sith code entered into a PC playing account?

I preordered the collectors edition of FFXIV:ARR last July, but didn't have a chance to play it due to IRL stuff until February. When I bought the game it didn't say that the code for these items would be expired. I thought I was supporting the company and game and I just get fucked over. Why would you place an expiration on stuff like that?

Noi

Was getting desperate to get these last few Atmas that I'm missing, so I put that local time theory to work. Managed to get Atma of the Twins at 7:30 local time... obviously not enough to just say "dumb luck" yet, but still, one less atma on the list. I'll try again with Scales at 11 then Scorpion at 2.

Panthers

So I am on a different server than Ultros, and my guild is less than friendly (im only LVL 30 PLD and still dont know a lot) Is there a way to change servers and how much is it? I would like to join up with you guys if yall are cool with it.

I need cooler people to play with.

suzu

So far, I've gotten further with random DF/PF groups on Titan Ex than on Ifrit Ex. Even with echo... whhhyyyyyyy.

pje122

Hi guys, a little help if possible.

So I bought FFXIV last year through PSN when it was $10. Haven't touched it yet.
I have no desire to play it on my PS3, I just want to jump straight into PS4.
Is it possible to download it directly to my PS4 from PSN or is it necessary to go through a transfer process from PS3 to PS4?
Note, I do not own a PS4 yet but hopefully will sometime soon.

Thanks!

Ugh...that EX Leviathan fight. 10 minutes in and I have to stop because of massive headaches. I may just have to throw out the idea of getting those weapons.

Jomjom

Banned
Is there any way to get a PS4 Mog Hat / Cait Sith code entered into a PC playing account?

I preordered the collectors edition of FFXIV:ARR last July, but didn't have a chance to play it due to IRL stuff until February. When I bought the game it didn't say that the code for these items would be expired. I thought I was supporting the company and game and I just get fucked over. Why would you place an expiration on stuff like that?

Get an early access code for the ps4 from someone here or preorder in amazon. You'll get the code immediately and then you can cancel your preorder.

The early access code will give you the preorder items assuming you have a ps4 or ps3.

phierce

So I am on a different server than Ultros, and my guild is less than friendly (im only LVL 30 PLD and still dont know a lot) Is there a way to change servers and how much is it? I would like to join up with you guys if yall are cool with it.

I need cooler people to play with.
You can do a world/server transfer. It's $18.

BadRNG

Ugh...that EX Leviathan fight. 10 minutes in and I have to stop because of massive headaches. I may just have to throw out the idea of getting those weapons.
Headaches from what? If it's from camera spin, you know what side of the boat the splash will be on based on where Levi last was/going to. So if he is at front and dives to back, you know next splash will come somewhere from back.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

You do know you can angle camera so you can catch the 4 spots it may come from

Just diagonal your camera, I would stream you a fight to show you

I thought the early access for beta participants was also free. I guess I was mistaken. My sub elapsed and I can't play. I'll resub now, but if I end up not being able to play I'll be really pissed.

Edit: I did the upgrade on the website and now it's downloading stuff.

Yay I can play.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Remind me again, what do we need to get those weathered weapons?

1300 Soldiery, Unidentified Allagan Tomestone, then I think a sand or oil from Turn 7 or Turn 8 to make it go from 100 to 110

Most of the weapons during this patch are overlapped

Get Levi ilvl 95
Magically get Mirror, win, ilvl100
Work on your Zenith to Atma then Animus, stay @ ilvl100 (pure grind, but staggered upgrade release)
Weathered Weapons ilvl100 which become ilvl110, burn 3 weeks worth of Soldiery, hope you drops from coil up to Turn 8
Then the last is High Allagan Weapons ilvl 115 (Best in Game)

a couple million gil and one lord garuda

Sucks they can't clear Turn 7... LOL!
For being an "Elite" Player, he's way back in this server now

Hi guys, a little help if possible.

So I bought FFXIV last year through PSN when it was $10. Haven't touched it yet.
I have no desire to play it on my PS3, I just want to jump straight into PS4.
Is it possible to download it directly to my PS4 from PSN or is it necessary to go through a transfer process from PS3 to PS4?
Note, I do not own a PS4 yet but hopefully will sometime soon.

Thanks!
You gotta login on the ps3 at least once create your character then transfer it to ps4 via mogstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom