• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Okay so, sounds like there is no magical solution to getting alts back to 50, though it'd probably take me less time the second time through.

Just, to confirm some other details though. I have heard that certain resources, such as Gil, equipment, and so on, can be shared between alt characters on the same server. Is this true?

Wilsongt

As a SCH, what should I know about how my healing affects enemy hate? I've read people complaints about popping aoe heals / overhealing.

Why wouldn't it be?

If your tank is actually worth a damn/geared at the same level as you, you shouldn't have to worry about hate.

I had a problem in a dungeon being a tank with a sch before who kept drawing hate. However, that SCH was in full iLv90 gear with an Omnilex Atma and I was barely an iLv18 tank.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Okay so, sounds like there is no magical solution to getting alts back to 50, though it'd probably take me less time the second time through.

Just, to confirm some other details though. I have heard that certain resources, such as Gil, equipment, and so on, can be shared between alt characters on the same server. Is this true?

Think they made it hard to send gil/items between characters. Like, you'll need to send it to another person, then they send it to your alt.

WolvenOne

Think they made it hard to send gil/items between characters. Like, you'll need to send it to another person, then they send it to your alt.

Ah, well that'd make things a bit, troublesome then. If I could share equipment at least I'd be able to get my alt up to speed quickly once I hit fifty. As is, I'd have to hoard myth, soldiery, and farm coil all over again, just to have two Coil capable characters.

Probably something I should pursue for the long term, but that's not something I'll be able to throw together quickly.

As a SCH, what should I know about how my healing affects enemy hate? I've read people complaints about popping aoe heals / overhealing.
Overhealing is more about wasting MP - even Scholars can run out of mana yo - than hate per se. Once you start doing level 30+ content the tank will only lose hate to a healer if he's really, really bad.

gryvan

For new people I shall be helping out on any type of dungeons in the weekend as a tank/dps/healer if you need spots filled :D

Read this over on the Mog Station in regards to the PS3 -> PS4 upgrade process:
■Important Reminders

・Please take care when confirming the service account to be upgraded to the PlayStation®4 version, as this process cannot be undone once complete.

・When the upgrading process has completed, you will be issued a product code to download the PlayStation®4 version. Please proceed to the PlayStation®Store to download the game client.

* Users who participate in Beta Test Phase 2 for the PlayStation®4 may continue to use the beta test game client after upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version.

・Users will not receive an additional 30-day trial period by upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version.

・Users will not receive pre-order bonus items by upgrading during the PlayStation®4 early access period.

・Users who possess multiple service accounts registered to the PlayStation®3 version must complete the upgrade process for each service account individually.

Does the section I marked in bold mean that I should not perform the upgrade process during the early access weekend if I want the preorder items?

Sophia

Read this over on the Mog Station in regards to the PS3 -> PS4 upgrade process:

Does the section I marked in bold mean that I should not perform the upgrade process during the early access weekend if I want the preorder items?

If you've pre-ordered the PS4 version of the game elsewhere, do not do the PS3 to PS4 upgrade. Only one version of the game per platform (PC/PS3/PS4) can be active on an account at a time.

If you've pre-ordered the PS4 version of the game elsewhere, do not do the PS3 to PS4 upgrade. Only one version of the game per platform (PC/PS3/PS4) can be active on an account at a time.

Can I use the product code from the PS4 LE to upgrade my PS4 account to LE status?

I own the PS3 version from the December PSN sale. I was going upgrade my service account to PS4.

I also ordered the physical PS4 LE from Amazon thinking I could simply upgrade my account like one can do with WoW on B.net.

Sophia

Can I use the product code from the PS4 LE to upgrade my PS4 account to LE status?

I own the PS3 version from the December PSN sale. I was going upgrade my service account to PS4.

I also ordered the physical PS4 LE from Amazon thinking I could simply upgrade my account like one can do with WoW on B.net.

"Collector's Edition" status is applied account wide. There's not one specific for each platform, and if you have the Collector's Edition for any platform you get all the rewards.

In your case, if you have purchased the PS4 Collectors Edition, you should not perform the PS3 to PS4 upgrade because you would be unable to add your physical PS4 CE to the account later on.

If your tank is actually worth a damn/geared at the same level as you, you shouldn't have to worry about hate.

I had a problem in a dungeon being a tank with a sch before who kept drawing hate. However, that SCH was in full iLv90 gear with an Omnilex Atma and I was barely an iLv18 tank.
Equipment scales to whites when level sync is activated, so the SCH had all his slots filled with lv ~ 18 equipment.

In your case, if you have purchased the PS4 Collectors Edition, you should not perform the PS3 to PS4 upgrade because you would be unable to add your physical PS4 CE to the account later on.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. It sounds like I should just enjoy my early access this weekend with the beta client. Then register my physical CE code on Monday and keep using the beta client to play.

At the end if it all, I don't want to have to put the physical disc in my PS4 to play it.

CozMick

Banned
So GAF, is my ps4 dying already?

This game from the get go ramps up my fans to a very audible setting. Its very distracting.

The ps4 is within touching distance on top of a computer desk.

Is this normal? Anyone else care to share how loud there ps4 gets?

Aeana

This game from the get go ramps up my fans to a very audible setting. Its very distracting.

My PS4 makes no noise with this game. It does sound like itmnisnt getting the ventilation it needs.

Jomjom

Banned

Try blowing out the vents with some compressed air.

Seth

I had preordered the PS3 collectors edition (and also the collectors edition of 1.0 on PC way back), am I able to play in early access on ps4 since i didn't preorder the ps4 version? I just did the upgrade on the mog station. Not home at the moment to try it out.

Ken

ib2K3OpmtVlyhz.png

Jomjom

Banned
I had preordered the PS3 collectors edition (and also the collectors edition of 1.0 on PC way back), am I able to play in early access on ps4 since i didn't preorder the ps4 version? I just did the upgrade on the mog station. Not home at the moment to try it out.

Yup you can.

LtOrange

Whelp I decided to give this another shot and just purchased the game off Newegg. I got the game on PC when it came out in August, but was unable to really dive into it due to crazy life stuff. I am now stuck trying to figure out what class I should choose when my copy arrives. I remember getting really bored of the BLM combat and the way it played during my short time with the game(lvl 11). Does the BLM combat open up at later levels or is it very similar to the low level combat I experienced? I like going for the dmg dealer type classes when playing mmos and was hoping to pick a class that fills that role. I am willing to give BLM another shot, but was hoping to get other suggestions for classes that fill the dmg role in FFXIV.

CAVE343

I'm up and running, but I don't know if I should join Ultros, since i'm in EU. Is there plenty of activity during EU times or is the server asleep then?

Phlebas

Banned
OK so with that Atma farming theory I've heard lots of conflicting reports,are we going by server time or Japanese Standard time?

suzu

You can change your class after doing the class quest and equipping the appropriate weapon. Lancer in Gridania.

Jomjom

Banned
OK so with that Atma farming theory I've heard lots of conflicting reports,are we going by server time or Japanese Standard time?

From previous posts, it seems like people have had success with both server time and JST. Hearing that, I'm beginning to think this is just a placebo effect.

Also, I picked up my 1TB Seagate SSHD just now. When I get home I'm going to test some stuff (Stock 5400rpm HDD vs SSHD) as it relates to FFXIV and post the comparisons for anyone that is curious. Anything specific people want me to test? I'm gonna test initial boot of the console, initial loading of FFXIV after character selection, Crystal Tower load times off the top of my head. Anything else?

Jomjom

Banned

If you are playing for the first time. You should go and unlock all the jobs. That way you can just switch to any job on the fly and see what suits you best. Having like 18 level 1 weapons in your armory chest, one for each job is fun.

Once I hit level 30 on marauder I'm thinking of doing something like a blacksmith. Worth doing something like that? I think it's blacksmith anyway. One of those types of side jobs anyway.

Jomjom

Banned
Once I hit level 30 on marauder I'm thinking of doing something like a blacksmith. Worth doing something like that? I think it's blacksmith anyway. One of those types of side jobs anyway.

At this point none of the crafts are really that useful. Materia melding is kind of useless since the best gear doesn't have slots. There is some added utility with the glamour things, but for most crafting you can just ask a guildie or friend. Now if you want to be able to do that stuff yourself, then definitely level it. As for me, I'm planning on leveling all of them because I want the trophies.

rrc1594

If you are playing for the first time. You should go and unlock all the jobs. That way you can just switch to any job on the fly and see what suits you best. Having like 18 level 1 weapons in your armory chest, one for each job is fun.

Well their goes spring break, but I'm differently going after Dragoon first cause they look badass

Jomjom

Banned
Well their goes spring break, but I'm differently going after Dragoon first cause they look badass

Hehe yeah definitely go with what you want to play. Just letting you know unlocking all the jobs only takes about 20 minutes, especially once you can teleport to the cities, and that gives you a lot of flexibility to try out any job you want, at any time.

Taruranto

Did a solid Turn 6 try with a pug tonight. I'm not particularly interested in getting into the raid-part of the game again, but it doesn't seem that bad. It probably requires more awareness than Twin since a lot of things happens fast. Baguette Blighted Bouquet seems kinda of a bullshit mechanic tough.

Crafting is useless in this game. Level it if you think it's fun, but doesn't expect much.

At this point none of the crafts are really that useful. Materia melding is kind of useless since the best gear doesn't have slots. There is some added utility with the glamour things, but for most crafting you can just ask a guildie or friend. Now if you want to be able to do that stuff yourself, then definitely level it. As for me, I'm planning on leveling all of them because I want the trophies.

Crafting is useless in this game. Level it if you think it's fun, but doesn't expect much.

That's disappointing to hear. I was excited at all the different things you can do this in this game, and to hear some of them aren't worth the time....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom