• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

regarding attributepoints do they get stored? as in i hit level ten got 3 and leveled up a few times and forgot to use them. So at level 12 how many points hould I have to use?

You can save them up if you want...but its usually best to just go ahead and stack points in one stat...for better or worse. Kinda dropped the ball on that aspect, but as a physical DPS, you usually just stack strength. Tank? Its best to stack vit, but personally I went with majority vit, a little in both str and dex (to help block /parry rate and block strength).

Yaqoub

I guess we will have to wait for monday :( I am in the same boat.

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue, lol. Yeah I hope things are automatically fixed come Monday. Will update here.

If anyone else has the same issue please let us know. :/

SkylineRKR

I have the same problem. Mogstation shows PS3 beta and Ps4 Phase 2 linked but inactive.

I just assumed its because I don't have early access and have to wait till Monday.

You can save them up if you want...but its usually best to just go ahead and stack points in one stat...for better or worse. Kinda dropped the ball on that aspect, but as a physical DPS, you usually just stack strength. Tank? Its best to stack vit, but personally I went with majority vit, a little in both str and dex (to help block /parry rate and block strength).

thanks

BTW does FF14 on PS4 use the camera and or microphone for anything?

Noi

Alright, so that's 4 out of 4 attempts so far on this Atma farming theory. Got the following Atmas at these times:

Atma of the Scorpion - 2:44
Atma of the Goat - 4:56
Atma of the Twins ~ 7:30
Atma of the Scales - 11:30

So... maybe it works? I did get all four of those within the hours stated, but it still just feels like dumb luck to me. May as well give it a shot anyway, not gonna kill me to try and get the Atmas at those specific times.

BadRNG

Tried the atma thing a few different ways. JST and Server time resulted in zero atmas after three different hours of attempts. Local time however did result in an atma, but not anywhere approaching consistent. I got three within the respective time frames but failed to get two others despite doing the fates for the full hour time frame.

I am fairly confident the specifics of the theory are not accurate. The fact that so many people are getting different "it works!" results despite using different versions of it (server/jst/local) combined with it not working for others at all seems to point to RNG be RNG. However I do think it's possible that the RNG in this case is based on a seed that is assigned/changed every hour, which is why a lot of people are getting them near the first half of the hour. Of course even that could be me just reading too much into it. Apophenia is a hell of a drug.

dramatis

I never played the PS3 version, played both PS4 betas and my account is originally PC and is active. I'm supposed to meet the early access criteria right?

Anyway I'm suspecting that this error is happening because I don't have early access but maybe there's something else to it? I redownloaded the game to no avail, deleted files and reinstalled it from disc, doesn't fix the issue. Will try again on release day and see what happens.

On my PSN account it shows that I bought the game (after redeeming the PSN code) so I own it now.

Anyone have any ideas?
Do you have an early access code? Your problem is that you don't have early access. Participating in the betas, and owning the PC version, those aren't the criteria for early access. The PS4 version is granted to the people who own the PS3 version and upgraded. Those people can play early access with no problem, along with those who bought PS4 version but have an early access code, no?

Do play time cards stack?

and if i used a playtime card during my free trial period would that go ontop of it or would it cancel out my remaining days?

Sandfox

I'm at level 16 now and I'm probably going to spend my time later today doing some of the newer quests available to me and hit my first dungeon in an attempt to both gain some levels so I can start working towards becoming a Dragoon and get some respectable equipment for my level.

Why do we still have to dismount to speak to NPCs? lol

Seems like such a strange oversight.

I believe the reason they gave was that they didn't want NPCs hidden under a teeming mass of mounts. Given that when the huge behemoth mounts came out, there were japesters blocking off the tomestone shop at Revenant's Toll, I can see their point. (It was no big deal as you could still interact with the NPCs, but it was kind of annoying.)

Phlebas

Banned
Alright, so that's 4 out of 4 attempts so far on this Atma farming theory. Got the following Atmas at these times:

So... maybe it works? I did get all four of those within the hours stated, but it still just feels like dumb luck to me. May as well give it a shot anyway, not gonna kill me to try and get the Atmas at those specific times.

Got two more today, names escape me as I'm not at the computer anymore but both were within an hour of the list. Give or take some variations.

Vashetti

Banned
I still can't get over how some story progression is tied to dungeons.

Now I have to stand around like a lemon waiting for people to do the same dungeon as me.

I still can't get over how some story progression is tied to dungeons.

Now I have to stand around like a lemon waiting for people to do the same dungeon as me.
Well, it IS an MMO :p Later storyline bits require a party of 8 people. Final Fantasy XI required a party for *everything* starting around level 10 - if you were traveling alone, you had to be skilled at Metal Gear Soliding to survive traveling from city to city.

I miss those days, compared to that FFXIV is "easy mode", almost downright boring outside of the dungeons and instances (those, however, are fantastic and challenging).

Finally can start after waiting for the ps4 version since the ps3 beta last year, can't wait to become a dragoon. I've already passed by a couple of gaffers.

I'm completely lost as to how to level up my secondary jobs post 2.2. In 2.1 it was so simple since you had FATE groups accross most level ranges, but now between 25~40 I got nothing but dungeons, and DPS queue times aren't exactly fun.

I'm completely lost as to how to level up my secondary jobs post 2.2. In 2.1 it was so simple since you had FATE groups accross most level ranges, but now between 25~40 I got nothing but dungeons, and DPS queue times aren't exactly fun.

I'm 32 pld. I've only ran duty finder, and it has really slowed down after turning 30. I recently found the challenge logs.

I guess being a dps would break up the monotony by doing fates, but as a tank running tam-tara is getting tedious.

Jomjom

Banned

Got two more today, names escape me as I'm not at the computer anymore but both were within an hour of the list. Give or take some variations.

Are you guys using Jst or your own local time?

Yaqoub

Do you have an early access code? Your problem is that you don't have early access. Participating in the betas, and owning the PC version, those aren't the criteria for early access. The PS4 version is granted to the people who own the PS3 version and upgraded. Those people can play early access with no problem, along with those who bought PS4 version but have an early access code, no?

Yeah I didn't get a preorder code so you're right. I'm wondering maybe I get early access since I have only played the betas on PS4.

It should work on Monday I suppose.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
This doesn't prove anything, you could be in league with him.

image.php
:p

Proc

Installing my upgrade now. Where is GAF playing these days? Wouldn't mind starting a new black mage.

Edit: not sure how current the op is but I'll make a new dude on ultros if anyone else wants to come along for the noob zone ride.

phierce

I asked several pages back, but the thread was moving pretty quickly, so, I'll ask again.

Any GAF on Diabolos? Probably going to xfer anyway, but just curious.

orion434

Yeah I didn't get a preorder code so you're right. I'm wondering maybe I get early access since I have only played the betas on PS4.

It should work on Monday I suppose.

If you pre-ordered via GameStop, I found out they aren't participating with the PS4 Early Access :(

I just started playing on PS4 last night for the first time. Typing is a bastard but otherwise its looking pretty good.

Thing is, I'm level 16 and I've never been in a party and I'm not really sure why - nothing in the story or missions has mentioned, suggested or demanded this. Is this something I need to seek out myself or will it come naturally as I progress?

Pollux

Can't wait until this comes out on Tuesday. Already got my wireless keyboard set up with my PS4 just so I can actually play the damn game and talk to people without using the shitty screen keyboard on the PS4. Not having a keyboard to talk was one of the main reasons I stopped playing on the PS3, so I'm fucking ready to go on this!!!

Logged into my SE account and my character is still there on Ultros and I think I'm still in the GAF free company, so I'll be able to pick right up where I left off a few months ago. Between this, FFX/X-2, and the Show when it comes out I'm going to be pretty set on games for the next few months.

plake

I just started playing on PS4 last night for the first time. Typing is a bastard but otherwise its looking pretty good.

Thing is, I'm level 16 and I've never been in a party and I'm not really sure why - nothing in the story or missions has mentioned, suggested or demanded this. Is this something I need to seek out myself or will it come naturally as I progress?

I suggest getting a wireless keyboard.

The story missions (the "flaming" ones) will soon lead you too your first party mission. It's a lv 15 mission. Focus on doing story missions and leave "normal" quests for your other classes.

btkadams

If I have already bought the ps3 version on my ps3 and have it installed (and been playing it), can someone else buy the game with a different PSN ID on my ps3 and attach their purchased license to their separate SE and PSN account? How does that work when the game has already been downloaded to the system and is locked to me? Does it need to download something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom