• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldren

I just finished the second dungeon a little while ago, it was a lot of fun. I managed to get up to Sastasha during the beta but I think the majority of people were complete MMO newbies like me so the group I was in really struggled. Then our healer dropped out and we had no hope. But I had a much better party today and we breezed through. Tam-Tara went even more smoothly, although the tank was a bit greedy with the loot rolls. Still I had a lot of fun, I got two commendations at the end and I got a Foestriker Skirt which is way better than what my lancer had before, so I'm really happy.

I joined the beta before I realised that all of GAF is on Ultros. I ended up on Zodiark but I might consider transferring to Ultros at some point, if only because I imagine you lot would be more welcoming to new players. I have a keyboard on the way too so I don't have to spend 5 minutes typing simple messages. Anyway, thanks to everyone answering questions in here and the old beta thread, you all made my life easier without realising it!

CAVE343

I'm in a slightly different boat.

I have Early Access and playing right now and just now received the hardcopy PS4 CE. But I'm sacred to redeem the code for the CE goodies. Anyone else tried it yet?

Soi-Fong

I just finished the second dungeon a little while ago, it was a lot of fun. I managed to get up to Sastasha during the beta but I think the majority of people were complete MMO newbies like me so the group I was in really struggled. Then our healer dropped out and we had no hope. But I had a much better party today and we breezed through. Tam-Tara went even more smoothly, although the tank was a bit greedy with the loot rolls. Still I had a lot of fun, I got two commendations at the end and I got a Foestriker Skirt which is way better than what my lancer had before, so I'm really happy.

I joined the beta before I realised that all of GAF is on Ultros. I ended up on Zodiark but I might consider transferring to Ultros at some point, if only because I imagine you lot would be more welcoming to new players. I have a keyboard on the way too so I don't have to spend 5 minutes typing simple messages. Anyway, thanks to everyone answering questions in here and the old beta thread, you all made my life easier without realising it!

If you want , just start a new character for Ultros. It's pretty easy to get to LV 15 to do Sastasha. Takes at most two hours.

i think im going to jump to Ultros too. i spent half an hour on Ragnarok asking politely for help with this egg event. so far this has been a 1 player event for me and i want to find some folks to hang with and make the game more fun.

Soi-Fong

i think im going to jump to Ultros too. i spent half an hour on Ragnarok asking politely for help with this egg event. so far this has been a 1 player event for me and i want to find some folks to hang with and make the game more fun.

Yo dude. Add me.

In game: Naoto Shirogane
PSN: Asane

I have my own FC, but it's been really nice playing with some gaffers in game.

TrueGrime

Loved this game on the PC but the grind wore me out. Physically too. Sitting at a computer all day at work and then hours in the evening. In any case, a great MMO for consoles.

Proc

Just chiming in on the ps4 version. The interface is much better than what I remember the ps3 being. the graphics are great. The trackpad mouse cursor is nice touch. For those wondering, you get a free month when you upgrade your ps3 copy. I didn't have to re sub.

Moaradin

I just killed Twintania for the first time with a random party finder :O

I just joined hoping to get more experience. Never expected to kill it...

Syn1102

Neo Member
Are the servers down? I bought the PS4 Version today, but i cant even try to logg in, they show me a message that the server would be down, or is this just for people who didnt get early access?

aceface

If I have already bought the ps3 version on my ps3 and have it installed (and been playing it), can someone else buy the game with a different PSN ID on my ps3 and attach their purchased license to their separate SE and PSN account? How does that work when the game has already been downloaded to the system and is locked to me? Does it need to download something?

Yes if someone else wants to play on that ps3 (or ps4) they have to buy the game separately and log in to their psn account to be able to play. You only have to download the game once but you'll have to enter the registration code that you get when you buy the game through the psn store while logged in to the proper psn account for them to be able to play.

Vashetti

Banned
Just chiming in on the ps4 version. The interface is much better than what I remember the ps3 being. the graphics are great. The trackpad mouse cursor is nice touch. For those wondering, you get a free month when you upgrade your ps3 copy. I didn't have to re sub.

No, you got Early Access.

You will have to pay on or after the 14th.

Taruranto

Hardly anyone wears the pants, which is too bad because I think they look nice on females.

Not so much on guys though...

Weird you mention sailor pants, I just ran into this masterpiece.

B0LYmsi.jpg

suedester

Banned
Are the servers down? I bought the PS4 Version today, but i cant even try to logg in, they show me a message that the server would be down, or is this just for people who didnt get early access?

You need early access, either as a preorder bonus through certain retailers or upgrading the ps3 version.

I suggest getting a wireless keyboard.

The story missions (the "flaming" ones) will soon lead you too your first party mission. It's a lv 15 mission. Focus on doing story missions and leave "normal" quests for your other classes.
Great, thanks! I'll keep going as I am then.

I have an Apple Bluetooth keyboard, I assume that'll work!

Noi

Are you guys using Jst or your own local time?

I was using my own Local Time, which happens to also be the same as the server time for Hyperion.

I am fairly confident the specifics of the theory are not accurate. The fact that so many people are getting different "it works!" results despite using different versions of it (server/jst/local) combined with it not working for others at all seems to point to RNG be RNG. However I do think it's possible that the RNG in this case is based on a seed that is assigned/changed every hour, which is why a lot of people are getting them near the first half of the hour. Of course even that could be me just reading too much into it. Apophenia is a hell of a drug.

That's the same feeling I'm getting. This particular theory might not be 100% accurate, but just based on the amount of people are reporting some degree of success by using it, it might mean we're on the right track to figuring it out how it works. We'll probably never be able to prove it anyway unless SE outright tells us or patches it and makes a comment about it on the patch notes.

D23

This game is crack. Did the second dungeon last night... I love my arcanist, such a versatile class.. and I can't believe how good this game looks on ps4

Moaradin

it's safe to say the jp time atma theory is bullshit
god atma is so tiring

I've had mixed results. I got two atmas in only 1-2 fates using the jp time theory. It could be a big coincidence, but I spend so many hours just trying to get one normally. When I get it after only 1 fate using the jp time, it makes me want to believe lol.

Sophia

it's safe to say the jp time atma theory is bullshit
god atma is so tiring

I'm of the opinion that they're on the right track (that is, it's time based when you get the Atma) but wrong beyond that. For every two people it works for, it seems there's another person it doesn't work for.

Aphexian

So here's the thing. I stopped playing after a month or so sometime last year. I was trying to level my second class and didn't know about the whole "Only do story stuff with your main and leave side quests for your secondary". Is it still like that or is there a better way to grind up a secondary class?

I really want to start playing again but I want to be in the GAF guild so I need to start a fresh new character (which is fine by me because I've forgotten everything anyways). I'm having trouble trying to figure out what to play. I started last time with the Thalmaturge but the leveling started to feel too slow with the cast time of skills starting to add up. Any opinions on what is a fun class to play for leveling?

I'm thinking of leaning toward Summoner as they do DoT damage and are apparently highly mobile compared to Thaumaturge. It sounds like what a Warlock was in WoW

Noi

For all the details that are still iffy regarding the farming theory, I'm at least glad its out there period, since it at least gives people motivation/hope during the drop times. I'd rather do FATE for one hour with the hope that I'll get the drop within that hour that play for hours on end without knowing if/when I'll get it. I'm trying to get the last Atma I'm missing via the latter method and it's so mind-numbingly dull.

I've had a look online but can't find a definite answer to my query. I have FF XIV: ARR on PC. In order to play on PS4 do I need to buy the game again just to effectively get access to the PS4 client and log in with my original account?

If not, I may end up buying a PS3 copy, register it on Mog Station and then upgrade as it's less than half the cost of the PS4 retail copy.

Edit: were I to buy a PS3/PS4 copy and add i to my account, does that give an additional 30 days playtime?

I've had a look online but can't find a definite answer to my query. I have FF XIV: ARR on PC. In order to play on PS4 do I need to buy the game again just to effectively get access to the PS4 client and log in with my original account?

If not, I may end up buying a PS3 copy, register it on Mog Station and then upgrade as it's less than half the cost of the Ps4 retail copy.
You'll need to buy the game again. But on the bright side, you'll still get the free month out of it, so if you get it for cheap enough you'll be basically just resubbing.

Audioboxer

This game is crack. Did the second dungeon last night... I love my arcanist, such a versatile class.. and I can't believe how good this game looks on ps4

How is it controlling an Arcanist on a controller? About to start as either and Archer or Arcanist.

What are either like for early game soloing as well?

Moaradin

I have the game on PC and I own a PS4, but not a PS3. Is there any way I can buy the PS3 version so I can get it cheaper and convert it to a PS4 version without owning a PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom