• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphexian

Alright, decision time Thaumature or Arcanist? I like the Thau for the bursty magic dmg and would turn to Black mage in the end and but I hear Arcanist is more DoT related and they get a pet.

Alright, decision time Thaumature or Arcanist? I like the Thau for the bursty magic dmg and would turn to Black mage in the end and but I hear Arcanist is more DoT related and they get a pet.
You'll need to play both for the cross class skills anyway, so pick one randomly and then try the other one later.

That said, my main job is Black Mage and we're awesome. Bonus points if you're a Lala.

Aphexian

You'll need to play both for the cross class skills anyway, so pick one randomly and then try the other one later.

That said, my main job is Black Mage and we're awesome. Bonus points if you're a Lala.

Any tips on leveling the secondary? I made the mistake of doing all the quests I could find when I played this at release and had nothing to do but story quests and grinding for my secondary the first time.

I think that it's pretty cool that the game can tell if you are using Remote Play and automatically remaps the shoulder buttons to something sensible. So L1 and R1 become the action bars.

Too bad Remote Play works like shit in my house for some reason. :(

Any tips on leveling the secondary? I made the mistake of doing all the quests I could find when I played this at release and had nothing to do but story quests and grinding for my secondary the first time.

1- Equip your preorder hat that gives 20% exp from levels 1-10

2 - Hunting log

3 - Fates

4 - Dungeons

Vashetti

Banned
Will this beautiful red and white White Mage robe end up getting replaced?

I designed my character with red hair because I knew it would look good.

Vashetti

Banned
Okay, I'm Level 50, got all my basic WHM gear and trying to get my relic. I need to get my item level up to 52 (I'm currently item level 47) for A Relic Reborn: The Chimera. What's the best way to do that: Amdapor Keep?

Please, the new stuff to upgrade the relic will make your brain bleed.

Oh god

screambig.gif

Sorian

Banned
Okay, I'm Level 50, got all my basic WHM gear and trying to get my relic. I need to get my item level up to 52 (I'm currently item level 47) for A Relic Reborn: The Chimera. What's the best way to do that: Amdapor Keep?

I believe Wanderer's Palace is the easier dungeon IIRC but either dungeon should have drops for you. Be prepared if you do WP with randoms though because that is one of the main speed run dungeons so you may get snide comments if you aren't keeping up (and you won't be able to at ilvl 47)

Vashetti

Banned
I believe Wanderer's Palace is the easier dungeon IIRC but either dungeon should have drops for you. Be prepared if you do WP with randoms though because that is one of the main speed run dungeons so you may get snide comments if you aren't keeping up (and you won't be able to at ilvl 47)

Okay thanks. I was getting snide comments earlier for watching cutscenes in the final story dungeon.

"Why would you play an MMO for the story? lol"

Okay thanks. I was getting snide comments earlier for watching cutscenes in the final story dungeon.

Those people are dumb. Most players would have no problem with you watching cutscenes the first time through as long as you say so at the beginning.

Teknoman

Ugh, hate it when that happens. Especially in Final Fantasy of all things, the game sets itself apart from other MMOs by providing a story over other things.

The damn battle time limits arent anywhere near as strict as XI, and cutscenes arent anywhere near as long...so whats the big deal?

Sorian

Banned

Those people are just idiots and usually suck at the game content anyway which is why they are re-running outdated content and then pissing and moaning when others are trying to enjoy it.

Noob question! Just hit my second 50, but I started it right after my first 50, so I haven't done any end-game content yet. For the relic weapon quest, is there any easy way to obtain the necessary weapon+materia meld combination without levelling up a crafting class? Or is that a pretty necessary thing to obtain your relic?

Sorian

Banned
Noob question! Just hit my second 50, but I started it right after my first 50, so I haven't done any end-game content yet. For the relic weapon quest, is there any easy way to obtain the necessary weapon+materia meld combination without levelling up a crafting class? Or is that a pretty necessary thing to obtain your relic?

You can buy the stuff off the market as well.

Can you redo quest, because I'm on my second class and the quest are to high for me to do them! I'm stuck on lvl 12

Nope, FATE grind and do your hunting log.

Vashetti

Banned

I went to the market and just bought mine.

King_Moc

Banned

Buy the weapon plus materia in the market. Then just ask someone to do the meld for you. Are you in the gaf FC? I'm sure someone would help you out.

Sophia

Ugh, hate it when that happens. Especially in Final Fantasy of all things, the game sets itself apart from other MMOs by providing a story over other things.

The damn battle time limits arent anywhere near as strict as XI, and cutscenes arent anywhere near as long...so whats the big deal?

People wanna go as fast as possible. GOTTA MAXIMIZE THAT MYTHOLOGY GAIN UPTIME!!!! :p

Eldren

I think I'll make a second character and join you all on Ultros.... assuming I can get in.

I've been trying all evening with no success. Is there like a secondary backup server that GAF uses? I suspect I won't have much luck with Ultros.

I know I'm late to the main story but didn't expect this. Last night I was queuing (as a DPS) for Levi HM for ONE AND A HALF hour and still no party..... this is ridiculous.

Vashetti

Banned
I know I'm late to the main story but didn't expect this. Last night I was queuing (as a DPS) for Levi HM for ONE AND A HALF hour and still no party..... this is ridiculous.

Yup, story progression being tied to certain dungeons is a nightmare, and I imagine it's going to be even worse in a year's time for new players.

Your playthrough can literally come to a standstill while you're waiting for other people who need to do the same content as you. It's really shortsighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom