• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You guys didn't tell me the companion chocobo quest is totes dif than the mount chocobo quest...I just wasted so much money on greens!!!

Or you did but I didn't really comprehend it anyway!!!
You didn't waste it, since you only get 1 pack or so for free - you'd have to buy more later anyway. :)

You guys didn't tell me the companion chocobo quest is totes dif than the mount chocobo quest...I just wasted so much money on greens!!!

When the fat chocobo mount comes, you will appreciate having all those gyshal greens.

Sophia

Keep those greens. It takes one to summon the companion every time, so you can blow through them pretty fast if you do any soloing or FATE farming at all. And you will.

I had to export characters from PS4? We'll guess I'm creating a new character :(

Proposed alternative title for this thread: "No you don't need to transfer your characters."

All your characters are on the same servers. If your characters aren't there, you either goofed when adding the PS4 service, or you've got the wrong server selected.

Pollux

Keep those greens. It takes one to summon the companion every time, so you can blow through them pretty fast if you do any soloing or FATE farming at all. And you will.

Proposed alternative title for this thread: "No you don't need to transfer your characters."

All your characters are on the same servers. If your characters aren't there, you either goofed when adding the PS4 service, or you've got the wrong server selected.
Apparently I deleted him. When can I make a new character in ?Ultros?

Here's what I've done:
  • Played FFXI — a lot, but a long time ago — so I have a Square account.
  • When I heard people who owned the PS3 edition got the PS4 edition for free, I nabbed a copy on Amazon for $20. I haven't played it yet.
  • During the last PS4 beta, I downloaded and updated the client, and linked my PSN account to my Square account. I didn't create a character.
Here's what I'd like to do:
  • Start playing on the PS4.
What's the best way to proceed? In FFXI, I played as a Taru on Midgard, and spent my time fishing, crafting, and soloing as RDM/NIN, in that order. I'll probably spend my time in much the same way in this game, at least until I get a feel for it.

How long before I need to start paying? :p What if my GF wants to play? We've got the two consoles, but just the one TV, so we'll probably be taking turns for now, if she plays at all. Is there any voice chat?

suzu

For those who want to know when Ultros or whatever server is open for character creation:

Check this page for updates --> http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

During periods of high congestion, we may institute a temporary restriction on the creation of new characters.
This information will be updated at the following intervals:
4:00 a.m./ 8:00 a.m./ 1:00 p.m./ 6:00 p.m./ 11:00 p.m. (PDT)

If you're on Ultros and want to join the GAF free company:

First sign up on http://neogaf.guildwork.com/
Then look for a player in-game with a <GAF> tag next to their name.
Click on them and view their company profile and submit an application.
Then just wait till someone is available to add you. Note: You don't need to be online for this.

suzu

How long before I need to start paying? :p What if my GF wants to play? We've got the two consoles, but just the one TV, so we'll probably be taking turns for now, if she plays at all. Is there any voice chat?

PS3 to PS4: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/11/final-fantasy-xiv-upgrade-from-ps3-to-ps4/

You get a free month when you first start it. Your gf would need her own copy of the game and PSN + Square Enix account if you want to play together. There's no voice chat.

So I'm thinking about buying this game and went to check the PSN store for cost. It says free and it's an 11GB download. Why does it say free? Is it still that beta thing?

dcye

To be clearer, you can download the client for free, but you need to a) pay for a license (is. Buy the game) and b) pay a monthly sub.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
The PS4 feels so much better than playing on my PC now that I have a stand for my wireless keyboard and mouse.

Also thank you for Echo, SE. Thanks to it, clearing turn 1 and 2 with DF randoms is a piece of cake.

After months of playing as a DPS class, I finally tried my hand at tanking. Holy shit am I bad. I haven't caused any wipes yet, but I seem to have dufficulty maintaining aggro. Any tips from experienced Marauders/Warriors?

spam overpower, mark for the dps, and cycle through the mobs to make sure somebody isn't about to peel off of you

Yopis

Been having a blast with this all over again. Had a character months ago while on PS3. Just decided to start over on Ultros. Gaf has been good answering questions also. Gonna run some dungeons tomorrow.

Guess Who

Banned
Can you expand on the marking part? How do you so that? Who are you supposed to mark and when? I'm really clueless about that.

Marking means, before you head into a group of enemies, you label each one 1, 2, 3, etc. in the order you plan to attack them, so your DPS knows which enemy to focus on. On PS you can highlight an enemy and hit square, on PC hit shift+M or right click and select mark.

Can you expand on the marking part? How do you so that? Who are you supposed to mark and when? I'm really clueless about that.

under the social tab, you'll see something called signs. It'll show a bunch of numbers and other icons. So what you can do with them is put them on your hot bar if you want, but everytime you pull you target the mobs and mark them 1,2,3, or w/e. This allows dps to know which mobs to attack first so you don't have to worry about random peeling. Pic for some clarity

ahfVE3C.jpg

under the social tab, you'll see something called signs. It'll show a bunch of numbers and other icons. So what you can do with them is put them on your hot bar if you want, but everytime you pull you target the mobs and mark them 1,2,3, or w/e. This allows dps to know which mobs to attack first so you don't have to worry about random peeling. Pic for some clarity

I saw something like that when I was in the Sastasha dungeon earlier today. Pretty cool.

you don't get anything for the previous turns. only turn 5 counts. right now it's not free. echo 10% doesn't do much. but in the future it will be.

Echo is already kind of ridiculous. People struggled with Cadeceus before and now I barely have to work a sweat to account for poor party members.

Valnen

Echo is already kind of ridiculous. People struggled with Cadeceus before and now I barely have to work a sweat to account for poor party members.

I'm glad to hear that. I'm still not doing coil yet because it kind of intimidates me, but I think everyone who puts some level of effort in should get to see all the game's content.

Yaqoub

Hey guys I remember FFXIAH was awesome to check auction house prices outside the game, FFXIVpro doesn't seem to show market price like FFXIAH for me, or am I missing something in search?

Is there an alternative to this? What are you guys using?

shwimpy

Hmmm... so I'm level 15 and just finished all the quests at Horizon and have seem to run out of quests. Did I miss something? Where do I go next? Thanks!

wapplew

I'm having alot of trouble guys and I don't know what to do kupo :(

I registered a new SE ID when playing the BETA; however, now I want to transfer my PS3 data n copy to my PS4 and it is not letting me change my SE ID - I can't click on it.

What can I do? :(

Please help

I hope someone already answer your question.I think it's have to be something about your PSN and SE account.
When you play Beta with new SN ID, they bind that ID with your PSN. If your ps3 SE ID bind with different PSN, you won't able to use it.
The solution is login the PSN you used on PS3.

SkylineRKR

Hmmm... so I'm level 15 and just finished all the quests at Horizon and have seem to run out of quests. Did I miss something? Where do I go next? Thanks!

Go along with the story quest markers, the ones with the flame around the ! mark. Level 15 is enough to finish the prologue story, and start going around the world raiding dungeons.

Teknoman

Hunting Log helps. Also grab food for exp bonus, and always log out in rest areas / go sleep at an inn.

Teknoman

One hand, I feel sorta bad that we beat Garuda EX tonight with I think 10% buff (or maybe it was 15%).

But on the other hand, you still have to know the fight to get by...and i'm glad to be past it. I know we could've beaten her just fine without the buff though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom