• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

I've been trying all evening with no success. Is there like a secondary backup server that GAF uses? I suspect I won't have much luck with Ultros.

Try again tomorrow during the day. They rotate the servers available for character creation every 4-5 hours. Ultros will be available again eventually. Check lodestone, they post on there which are currently available.

Sorian

Banned
Yup, story progression being tied to certain dungeons is a nightmare, and I imagine it's going to be even worse in a year's time for new players.

Your playthrough can literally come to a standstill while you're waiting for other people who need to do the same content as you. It's really shortsighted.

Dungeons are fine actually because it pulls from the low level duty roulette player base as well and people are always doing that to get levels. But yeah, something like levi HM doesn't work as well because no one cares about the daily trial roulette.

Yup, story progression being tied to certain dungeons is a nightmare, and I imagine it's going to be even worse in a year's time for new players.

Your playthrough can literally come to a standstill while you're waiting for other people who need to do the same content as you. It's really shortsighted.

I've never had this problem, even queuing as DPS, on Balmung. I imagine the daily Duty Roulettes also help with this, but the longest I've ever waited for a story dungeon is around 20-22 minutes, at which time I change jobs to a Disciple of Land/Hand and gather/craft until the queue pops.

Eldren

Try again tomorrow during the day. They rotate the servers available for character creation every 4-5 hours. Ultros will be available again eventually. Check lodestone, they post on there which are currently available.

Good idea, thanks man. Also it's midnight here in the UK so I imagine it's full of US people at the moment. Hopefully I can squeeze in when it's quieter.

MogCakes

I did CT during the PS4 beta via remote play and I did fine. It was however much less nice than playing with an actual controller and 40+ FPS.

Re quoting for new page.

It's very worth it. I'm making all of my money selling items from some of the trees that you can only detect at certain times of the day.

As for the best way to get new equipment, I started out in ARR focusing solely on leveling the War/Magic jobs I wanted and completing story mode. So I had quite a bit of gil saved up to spend on equipment upgrades.

I found this helpful for finding where to buy new equipment from vendors where I could, for gathering and crafting classes:

http://craftingasaservice.com/equipment

Hope that helps.

aceface

Question, how do I expand the chat box? It's really small... I moved the cursor over it but nothing happened.

You have to put it in virtual mouse mode (press L1 and R3 together) then drag the top right corner of the chat window to make it bigger. Or just attach a mouse to do that I guess.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean your problem is with the map. You can press square to open the map, and move around on it with the right stick. You can zoom in and out by holding L1 and moving the right stick. You can open up your quest journal, select a quest and view it on the map as well.

Perhaps I'm just misremembering, but I Seem to remember that on the PC version, whenever I went to the journal and then clicked Map, I always knew exactly where I needed to go. As a case in point, I'm currently doing the story mission immediately after the big throw down about the Crown. I need to go meet with someone in this place that I don' recall specifically having been before. When I click on "Map" it just shows it as being somewhere in Thanalan, but I can't immediately work out which bit of it. Is it Central or Western? I don't remember ever wondering that on PC.

Mind elaborating a bit on the Vita being hard? Wife is thinking about getting this and one of the big draws is that she could mess around with it on the Vita after our son goes to bed.

Oh, it's absolutely fine really, it's just everything is that bit harder, and it's already a relatively complicated control scheme. The UI, necessarily, takes up much more of the screen due to the lower resolution and you end up with a very quickly scrolling text in the chat window. Luckily you don't use the R2/R3 buttons much so that's not too much of a problem, but just little things like trying to select enemies and quickly realising who you have selected just takes a little longer.

I think that a lot of it has to do with me just not being used to the ps4 controls and, because I;m using an old PC character, I imagine a lot of the "here's how you do this!" stuff that I did on PC would have helped me learn the controls a little better!

Sophia

Perhaps I'm just misremembering, but I Seem to remember that on the PC version, whenever I went to the journal and then clicked Map, I always knew exactly where I needed to go. As a case in point, I'm currently doing the story mission immediately after the big throw down about the Crown. I need to go meet with someone in this place that I don' recall specifically having been before. When I click on "Map" it just shows it as being somewhere in Thanalan, but I can't immediately work out which bit of it. Is it Central or Western? I don't remember ever wondering that on PC.

If you're in the zone the objective is in, the map will automatically show you the location in the zone. If you're not in the zone, it instead shows you the world map with the cursor over the zone. You can hit R1 to zoom in and see the exact location in that zone.

If you're in the zone the objective is in, the map will automatically show you the location in the zone. If you're not in the zone, it instead shows you the world map with the cursor over the zone. You can hit R1 to zoom in and see the exact location in that zone.

Thanks!

CAVE343

Is there a website where you can check if a server is locked for new characters? My brother is trying to join Ultros but its not possible now.

Sorian

Banned
a) how do you level them
b) what is the chocobo whistle for? I put it in my inventory and used it but nothing happen

Buy gyshal greens to summon your chocobo to battle and then kill things while it is out. These can be bought from most vendors but I think you might need to complete a low level quest to be able to do this, I don't remember where it is, somewhere outside gridania IIRC.

The whistle was a one use item that added the chocobo to your skill screen under the mounts menu so that you can ride it.

Jetman

Does it usually take a few hours or a full day to get a registration code for creating a Square Enix account or the code for transferring accounts to a new system? Been waiting for over an hour and nothing's shown up in my Inbox :(

got the platinum trophy. last trophy was the 1000 FATE trophy. jumped into the PS4 version 20 minutes later. feels good.

but i still think the PS3 version was a good one. they made it work, you have to applaud them for that. probably the best achievement of this whole relaunch.

I forgot about my early access code and only redeemed it today. Durr.

Played for a few hours, I'm a lowly level 15 with my Gladiator. I am not sure what I want to take as a direction for jobs or secondary classes or whatever. The more I play and the further I go, the more overwhelming the whole thing seems to be. I venture off the beaten path and find level 40 enemies and it's like "nope".

I also currently only have one quest on my list, so need to get more things on the go (I hate only having one active quest).

Sorian

Banned
I forgot about my early access code and only redeemed it today. Durr.

Played for a few hours, I'm a lowly level 15 with my Gladiator. I am not sure what I want to take as a direction for jobs or secondary classes or whatever. The more I play and the further I go, the more overwhelming the whole thing seems to be. I venture off the beaten path and find level 40 enemies and it's like "nope".

I also currently only have one quest on my list, so need to get more things on the go (I hate only having one active quest).

Well at level 30, the gladiator can do a quest to become a paladin (which you have to do to be competent going forward) but the other pre-req for that quest is to have the conjuror class at level 15, so something to keep in mind.

suzu

Is there a website where you can check if a server is locked for new characters? My brother is trying to join Ultros but its not possible now.

They update this. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

Updates on Character Creation Restrictions can be found here.
During periods of high congestion, we may institute a temporary restriction on the creation of new characters.
This information will be updated at the following intervals:
4:00 a.m./ 8:00 a.m./ 1:00 p.m./ 6:00 p.m./ 11:00 p.m. (PDT)

○:Character Creation Possible ×:Character Creation Restricted

Gaz_RB

Does it usually take a few hours or a full day to get a registration code for creating a Square Enix account or the code for transferring accounts to a new system? Been waiting for over an hour and nothing's shown up in my Inbox :(

Make sure you check your spam folder.

bunbun777

I got the pants now I need to go back for the top:

3RVNuBN.jpg

Iceblade

I'm a fool and accidentally posted this question in the X/X-2 thread. But anyway. Why is it that this game can do cross-platform play across PC and PS3 just fine, and yet the Elder Scrolls Online devs said it was far too hard to get their game working cross-plat? Maybe a bit off topic but I've been curious.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm a fool and accidentally posted this question in the X/X-2 thread. But anyway. Why is it that this game can do cross-platform play across PC and PS3 just fine, and yet the Elder Scrolls Online devs said it was far too hard to get their game working cross-plat? Maybe a bit off topic but I've been curious.

Ah now that question makes a lot more sense ;)

Guess Who

Banned

ESO supports Xbox, and MS don't play that shit.

Teknoman

FINALLY GARUDA EX!!

EDIT: Cross platform MP should've been a norm by now for third party titles imo. FFXI had 360,PS2,PC, and PS3 to a certain extent all at once.

Sophia

Buy gyshal greens to summon your chocobo to battle and then kill things while it is out. These can be bought from most vendors but I think you might need to complete a low level quest to be able to do this, I don't remember where it is, somewhere outside gridania IIRC.

The whistle was a one use item that added the chocobo to your skill screen under the mounts menu so that you can ride it.

The quest is called "My Feisty Little Chocobo", and it's at Camp Tranquil (South Shroud) at level 30.

hamchan

Some of the NPC names in this game... it's as if someone just rolled their hand over the keyboard and said "This is a name!".

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
After months of playing as a DPS class, I finally tried my hand at tanking. Holy shit am I bad. I haven't caused any wipes yet, but I seem to have dufficulty maintaining aggro. Any tips from experienced Marauders/Warriors?

mstevens

I know that the rest of the plat for this game is just time consuming, but is he "binding the coil" trophy more doable than it was at launch? I'm wanting to jump into this game but only if I think I can do it all.

Edit: oh ya also - I have an account on pc already like level 30 in one class... Can I use that account for ps4 or will I miss something.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
You guys didn't tell me the companion chocobo quest is totes dif than the mount chocobo quest...I just wasted so much money on greens!!!

Or you did but I didn't really comprehend it anyway!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom