• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lvl 19 gld and I cant seem to find anything to do at all besides guildheists and sastashsa. Am I to keep doing sastasha until I cant do them no more or what? I'm also in gridania and there are a few quest for lower levels I wont bother doing until I change classes or something.

Where do I go gaf?

Oh, and how in the hell do you get your HP up, mines at like 3??.

Lvl 19 gld and I cant seem to find anything to do at all besides guildheists and sastashsa. Am I to keep doing sastasha until I cant do them no more or what? I'm also in gridania and there are a few quest for lower levels I wont bother doing until I change classes or something.

Where do I go gaf?

Oh, and how in the hell do you get your HP up, mines at like 3??.

story quests until lv50

Ken

Is there a way to change your role for Guildhests? I'm currently leveling my Conjurer but I kind of suck at being a Healer :/

No. You'd have to take up a different class/job.

ACN is the one class that branches into two different roles (goes from DPS to healer or DPS). All the other classes retain their original roles in their jobs, so a CNJ will continue to be a healer as WHM.

No. You'd have to take up a different class/job.

ACN is the one class that branches into two different roles (goes from DPS to healer or DPS). All the other classes retain their original roles in their jobs, so a CNJ will continue to be a healer as WHM.

Yeah my main class is ACN but I'm trying to level CNJ so I can become SMN.

I guess I'll keep at it :) cheers!

I am a bit new to this MMO stuff so i am sorry if this sounds stupid.... but can we create a new character and start from scratch on a different server?

And it seems like my trophies haven't been activated yet, the ones that i got in the Phase 2 beta.

Ken

I am a bit new to this MMO stuff so i am sorry if this sounds stupid.... but can we create a new character and start from scratch on a different server?

Yeah of course, unless you're on the cheaper sub that limits you to x number of characters or whatever I don't see why you can't.

phierce

Retainers can be assigned their own level and class after completing a level 15 quest in one of the three major cities. They'll gain experience, have their own equipment set, and can bring back valuable items. The "Quick Exploration" option has been known to return some crazy stuff back, including endgame equipment and rare expensive items.
Very cool. Thanks for the info.

Yeah of course, unless you're on the cheaper sub that limits you to x number of characters or whatever I don't see why you can't.
I don't remember selecting a particular sub when getting the game. I decided to get it on PS3 to do the PS3 -> PS4 upgrade program. If the cheapest sub is the default one, then i might be out of luck.

Ken

I don't remember selecting a particular sub when getting the game. I decided to get it on PS3 to do the PS3 -> PS4 upgrade program. If the cheapest sub is the default one, then i might be out of luck.

Not really sure. Maybe just trying making a new character anyways.

Wilsongt

They're all lvl 1 recs, do them anyway? I cant seem to find any story missions at all in limsa.

Your next dungeon should be Tam Tara, which is in the Black Shroud. Are you making sure you're doing the quest that have the ! point surrounded by the fancy circle? Once you've gotten airship access, the main quests in your starting city-state end up drying up and then you start continent hopping. I... forgot where you need to go after you're done in Limsa, but I am pretty sure it involves heading to Ul'Dah and Gridania.

Trying looking at the adventurer's guild in Gridania.

Resilient

Just went back and read peoples responses to the ATMAs from patch launch day...what a fucking curve ball that turned out to be. Ah well, for the most people have moved on to books right? Only a few more to go and then I'll be free. This has pretty much killed motivation for me to gear up my BRD and SCH though..

And to those crazy ones going for their 2nd ATMAs...you are brave people. Braver than I.

Where did it tell you to go after you did Sastasha?

Ok, thread moves fast, great game well deserved...

I found it upperdeck in limsa, I just headed to gridania for a story mission after a couple level 15 missions nearby. Thanks for the help everyone, im sure ill be back?

Your next dungeon should be Tam Tara, which is in the Black Shroud. Are you making sure you're doing the quest that have the ! point surrounded by the fancy circle? Once you've gotten airship access, the main quests in your starting city-state end up drying up and then you start continent hopping. I... forgot where you need to go after you're done in Limsa, but I am pretty sure it involves heading to Ul'Dah and Gridania.

Trying looking at the adventurer's guild in Gridania.

Thanks, I finally got it to show up hope it goes smooth from here tho.

You need to do the main quest chain until you enter a grand company and then buy it with company seals.

singer_seal_wearing_a_smart_pinstriped_suit_2189915.jpg

Surprisingly, this is the closest picture I could find of a seal in a suit.

Vashetti

Banned
It's definitely worth it for me as a WHM to get my THM up to level 27 for Swiftcast, right?

That would allow me to do one instant Raise in battle, correct?

If so I'll go level up my THM right now.

orion434

I was using that Japanese time zone Atma guide a couple pages back, went 4/5 then attempted another hour and got nothing. I'm going to wait a few hours to resume.

phierce

It's definitely worth it for me as a WHM to get my THM up to level 27 for Swiftcast, right?

That would allow me to do one instant Raise in battle, correct?

If so I'll go level up my THM right now.
Absolutely. It's pretty much a must have for all classes who can utilize it.

Soi-Fong

Absolutely. It's pretty much a must have for all classes who can utilize it.

I was just reading that if you have a summoner in battle, it's the summoner's job to raise as it uses up too much mana for WHM to do it. I have so far my WHM at LV 30 and ACN at LV 22. Trying to go for Eye for an Eye from the ACN class.. I'll still be leveling up a THM though to get swiftcast. It doesn't only have to be used for raise. Can be used for other stuff too after a raise has been performed.

Stuart444

I was just reading that if you have a summoner in battle, it's the summoner's job to raise as it uses up too much mana for WHM to do it.

No, I'd say if you have an SMN, it's their job to raise the healer should they die in battle. WHMs shouldn't have too many MP issues unless it's in a longer fight where you will almost defo have a bard who can use ballad.

Once they have SoS, using it on CD should mean no mp issues for the majority of game content unless the WHM is being widely inefficient with their heals. (Overhealing, using higher mp heals when they don't/shouldn't need to, etc)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
someone please tell me how i get on the roof for roof riders

im going to scream

omg its so obvious

im so dumb

No, I'd say if you have an SMN, it's their job to raise the healer should they die in battle. WHMs shouldn't have too many MP issues unless it's in a longer fight where you will almost defo have a bard who can use ballad.

Once they have SoS, using it on CD should mean no mp issues for the majority of game content unless the WHM is being widely inefficient with their heals. (Overhealing, using higher mp heals when they don't/shouldn't need to, etc)

Shroud of Saints can be an absolute lifesaver if you are bard-less. The only time SoS isn't useful is if you have just been revived.

But yeah, a SMN should only need to raise if the healer dies OR if more than 1 person is dead and the healer/healers have just used their swiftcast->raise. Because normal raise is LONG ;-;..

Soi-Fong

Since we're on the topic... As a WHM, what should I spend my attribute points on? Mind is a given, but I've also been hearing Vit and Piety is good to put in as well. Especially Vit for end game stuff.

dramatis

I was just reading that if you have a summoner in battle, it's the summoner's job to raise as it uses up too much mana for WHM to do it. I have so far my WHM at LV 30 and ACN at LV 22. Trying to go for Eye for an Eye from the ACN class.. I'll still be leveling up a THM though to get swiftcast. It doesn't only have to be used for raise. Can be used for other stuff too after a raise has been performed.
The order is this:
  1. SMN
  2. SCH
  3. WHM
If these are all in the party. WHM has a shitty means of recovering MP without a bard. There's more complicated stuff like if Swiftcast is on cooldown for SCH and the dead dude needs to be up right away, then WHM should do the Raise anyway. It's not nearly as simple as "SMN do the job because [arbitrary conditions]". In lengthy battles where the WHM will have to do a ton of stuff, that's advisable, but otherwise it might be more helpful for SMN to be using MP for damage dealing.

Eye for an Eye isn't a necessity for WHM even if it is handy. Overall the cooldown is much longer on WHM for that skill than on a SCH, a SCH can use it twice in the time it takes a WHM to use it once.

Since we're on the topic... As a WHM, what should I spend my attribute points on? Mind is a given, but I've also been hearing Vit and Piety is good to put in as well. Especially Vit for end game stuff.
Mind all the way. Don't bother with anything else. Even with full points in mind, damage to allies need a ton of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom