• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've started a Fat Chocobo party at Revanant's Toll
BlHIEYxIYAE3gNw.jpg

Oh God, the Hildebrand questline is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. And thanks, everyone, for the advice on the relic quest. Unfortunately I'm not on Ultros with the rest of the GAF folk.

Stuart444

I accidently put ONE point into INT, worth resetting my points for that? I want to, lol. It really bugs me.

I would, infact I have done so.

Messed up my points while leveling both SCH and DRG and reset both my points just for that. It'd bother me otherwise lol.

Sorian

Banned
So slight rant but one I feel like doing because it highlights the issue I have with pugs in this game, also some knowledge about levi ex. Most of you know that I've been spamming levi for awhile now and that I know every in and out of the fight from playing with really good and really terrible players and see every direction the fight can go in. Surprise surprise that square can't make a fight work correctly right out of the gate so for those who aren't in the know, there is a point about 10 minutes into the fight where you can potentially get a group wipe for no fucking reason. The point I am talking about is turning on the converter for the second time, it can be done in time (fyi the converter can be turned on at any point once levi goes under, there is no "too early" like people seem to think unless you are turning that shit on while levi is still up top knocking your tank around) and with an adequate amount of charges but levi will still hit the group for 30k damage each.

From doing this over and over and seeing this bug more often than I should have to, what I've figured out is it's caused by creating a phase push during the second spume phase (dps can also be so fast that you push things twice which seems to correct the issue). Which means that there is some sweet spot of dps that causes this bug to happen and correcting it just means speeding up dps or slowing it down. As a BLM, I purposely tell any other caster to take the back seat and let me do the LB for this very reason. These days, when I get into a new group, I'll LB all 4 spumes on our first attempt and hope that the bug doesn't happen and we can just move on with farming since our dps isn't in that weird area but, in cases like last night, first try out and boom, levi ignores the shield and dead. At this point, I'll hear the usual chorus of people who have no idea what they are talking about "you hit it too early!" No, that's not a thing at all. "You hit it too late!" Uh, no, if the shield is up before levi's dialogue box pops up on the screen, you're golden. "It didn't have enough charge!" Are you kidding me? The spumes were dead in seconds, we had like 80 in the converter.

At this point, without boring the group, I need to do a quick explanation on why I am now going to LB only two of the spumes and that I am going to do the spumes away from levi (if you can't gather this yourself, I don't want an LB to be hitting levi at this point because then we are just creating an issue of adding dps onto levi when I want to slow it down so that the converter doesn't bug again). Now even though I gave advance warning of exactly which two spumes I was going to LB before the fight even started, lo and behold when I actually do it. "Why the fuck didn't you hit all four?!" "WTF, if you are going to do that then do it on the side with the head and tail" "Whine whine bitch whine" At this point if the group wins everyone will shut up and just stay in their place because hey, it's a farm party but if the group loses even if it is something completely unrelated to the spumes (last night, for example, this happened and that attempt was a wipe because the OT decided to not stun lock the final add) then I get told how I'm an idiot, presumably because I didn't do the fight the exact same way everyone else does or something and then mass exodus of the group happens and I end up with maybe one person staying.

So my issue, well I have two, the thing that causes everything is SE can't properly test a fight with different amounts of dps to make sure things run smoothly. I can't understand how the game can't read a simple number and decide on the damage done correctly. Converter gets turned on, it read 70, 80, maybe even 90 something but levi just ignores it and does full damage? Yeah, thanks SE, excellent work. But past that, I still hate a lot of pugs on ultros, once they've beaten a boss once (hell, I've seen people whining and then when we do get the win, they have the achievement pop which means they've never even done it before anyway), they expect that every single group they join will now spoon feed them the win and if they don't let's make fun of anyone in the group because they are all bad. Bonus points for when the person being an ass is actually the reason that we wiped in the first place. /rant

I'm sure I'll get home later and make a levi farm party.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
You need to do the main quest chain until you enter a grand company and then buy it with company seals.
Ok thanks.

I have two questions

I am a level 20 conjurer and level 22 gladiator. Can I go on a high level quest as a gladiator and when I get my reward do it was a conjurer?

Second question. How do I put materia in my weapons?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Bug 10 minut into the fight?
Try a bug right when you appear in the instance and your character BECOMES the device that's in the center of the arena. 0 hp/mp, and if you try rotating the camera, it rotates around the device. Leviathan hard mode btw.
Luckily it fixed itself after the whole party wiped once.

CaLe

I haven't really followed the PS4 release. I have a PS3 copy of the game registered, how can I start playing on the PS4 ?

Thanks

Is this game cross platform, ie, do PC users play with PS3/PS4 users? I just bought it on PC the other day. I'm only level 7, so I'd be down for restarting with a new character to get on whatever server the majority of Gaf people are on...

Sorian

Banned
Bug 10 minut into the fight?
Try a bug right when you appear in the instance and your character BECOMES the device that's in the center of the arena. 0 hp/mp, and if you try rotating the camera, it rotates around the device. Leviathan hard mode btw.
Luckily it fixed itself after the whole party wiped once.

Obviously I would rather have a bug before the fight even starts than one at the very end of a long and unnecesarilly drawn out fight. You did say hard mode which means you probably had to DF it so leaving and reentering may not have been an option but I think you can see which would be much more annoying. Also, for the record, what you experienced there is the game somehow thought your character fell into the ocean (something that is impossible in HM), when you do fall in on extreme mode, the camera just centers itself in the middle of the arena because your body is laying at the bottom of a ditch so you didn't really become the device, your body was just gone from the arena.

I haven't really followed the PS4 release. I have a PS3 copy of the game registered, how can I start playing on the PS4 ?

Thanks

-Go to mogstation to transfer service
-DL the free client on ps
-login and do all that select service stuff
-enjoy
You may or may not need to put in the access code they give you on mogstation though but try

Sorian

Banned
Is this game cross platform, ie, do PC users play with PS3/PS4 users? I just bought it on PC the other day. I'm only level 7, so I'd be down for restarting with a new character to get on whatever server the majority of Gaf people are on...

Yes, the servers are cross device and GAF is on ultros. I highly recommend joining us.

Sorian

Banned
Alright, will do! Rerolling tonight!

From earlier in the thread, should be useful.

For those who want to know when Ultros or whatever server is open for character creation:

Check this page for updates --> http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

If you're on Ultros and want to join the GAF free company:

First sign up on http://neogaf.guildwork.com/
Then look for a player in-game with a <GAF> tag next to their name.
Click on them and view their company profile and submit an application.
Then just wait till someone is available to add you. Note: You don't need to be online for this.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Obviously I would rather have a bug before the fight even starts than one at the very end of a long and unnecesarilly drawn out fight. You did say hard mode which means you probably had to DF it so leaving and reentering may not have been an option but I think you can see which would be much more annoying. Also, for the record, what you experienced there is the game somehow thought your character fell into the ocean (something that is impossible in HM), when you do fall in on extreme mode, the camera just centers itself in the middle of the arena because your body is laying at the bottom of a ditch so you didn't really become the device, your body was just gone from the arena.
Oh yeah, obviously a bug in the middle of the fight is more annoying than one at the beginning. I was trying to point out that even something like this, which should be found during debugging somehow slipped past the testers.
I really hope that we're going to get a hotfix for those Leviathan bugs soon.

Gaz_RB

^it is working

How do I upgrade to the collectors edition if I already have the normal? or do I have to just buy a collectors edition?

Excuse my ignorance, but does the ps4 have charges for online? I know I will need the xiv sub fee, but just wondering if there's more. Seriously thinking of jumping on ps4 because of xiv.

only green (not sure about white) equipments can be materia melded, and best weapons in the game are blues

nobody materia melds weapons because it's a bad idea

What do you mean, its a bad idea???

I put materia in my weapons all the time. I put the critical hit chance ones on my archers bows. Getting crits all day.

Man I love the archer class.
When I set the attacking to automatically lock on to a target im attacking, it allows me to move freely while the camera stays locked on to the target. It makes a world of a difference in how great it plays. Makes it really fun to play ranged classes.

Look at this gameplay and youll see what I mean.
ARCHER GAMEPLAY

edgefusion

I think I'm about ready to give up on Atma grinding at this point. During the week I'm at work so I only have a limited amount of time to spend on raiding and dailies etc. leaving only the weekend for grinding Atma. This weekend I've spent most of Saturday and pretty much all of today trying to obtain 1 Atma with no luck. I want this weapon and I want to participate in future upgrades but how can I when RNG seems perpetually against me and time is limited? Square didn't seem to consider that when you leave content entirely dependent on RNG then a percentage of the population is never going to have the luck or time to get the required items. Being gated out of content because you're employed and unlucky is just plain stupidity. For now I'm just going to have to bow out of the relic upgrade quest and hope they improve the drop rates at some point in the future.

Aeana

What do you mean, its a bad idea???

I put materia in my weapons all the time. I put the critical hit chance ones on my archers bows. Getting crits all day.

Man I love the archer class.
When I set the attacking to automatically lock on to a target im attacking, it allows me to move freely while the camera stays locked on to the target. It makes a world of a difference in how great it plays. Makes it really fun to play ranged classes.

Look at this gameplay and youll see what I mean.
ARCHER GAMEPLAY
It's not that it's a bad idea, it's that none of the really good weapons even have materia slots. Weapon damage matters more than anything else in terms of actual damage output, so you won't stick with meldable weapons for long.

Sorian

Banned
Someone told me I should put a Limit Break on my action bar. What does that mean and how do I do it.

Limit breaks are big moves that can be used during group content and come in 4 varities.

Tank: Everyone gets a defense buff for 10 seconds
Melee: High-damage single target attack
Caster: Moderate-damage aoe attack
Healer: Large heals to group (group ressurection at limit break level 3)

The bars above your group indicators are your limit break bars and each filled makes the limit break used stronger. Archers/Bards, oddly enough, use the healer limit break instead of the melee one which would make more sense.

The limit break icon should be in your skills menu under the general tab and should be on your hot bar in some way. 9/10 the dps will be the ones using the limit break but there are specific cases where the other two could be useful.

So frustrating when you're doing a primal and everyone stays still for a good 15 seconds and then they move fast forward while you go right off the edge. Not sure if it's my connection or something else.

rrc1594

Limit breaks are big moves that can be used during group content and come in 4 varities.

Tank: Everyone gets a defense buff for 10 seconds
Melee: High-damage single target attack
Caster: Moderate-damage aoe attack
Healer: Large heals to group (group ressurection at limit break level 3)

The bars above your group indicators are your limit break bars and each filled makes the limit break used stronger. Archers/Bards, oddly enough, use the healer limit break instead of the melee one which would make more sense.

The limit break icon should be in your skills menu under the general tab and should be on your hot bar in some way. 9/10 the dps will be the ones using the limit break but there are specific cases where the other two could be useful.

Thank you

Sorian

Banned
So frustrating when you're doing a primal and everyone stays still for a good 15 seconds and then they move fast forward while you go right off the edge. Not sure if it's my connection or something else.

Sounds like your connection, I get it sometimes as well though levi has usually been kind to me and does his dives somewhere else while I'm lagging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom