• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Question regarding the Coil - are the drops for certain classes limited to certain classes? For example only Healer/Melee DPS stuff dropping from Turn 1 etc.
After 3 runs of Turn 1 it's basically the same stuff dropping every time.

Also, I love the Fat Chocobo. So cute.
F0sPZ9b.jpg

Sorian

Banned
Question regarding the Coil - are the drops for certain classes limited to certain classes? For example only Healer/Melee DPS stuff dropping from Turn 1 etc.
After 3 runs of Turn 1 it's basically the same stuff dropping every time.

Also, I love the Fat Chocobo. So cute.

Something drops for every class in every turn of coil, it's just that different pieces drop for different people in different places. For example, the caster chest piece drops from T2 but the tank chest piece drops from a different turn but there is still other pieces in T2 that are tank drops.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Something drops for every class in every turn of coil, it's just that different pieces drop for different people in different places. For example, the caster chest piece drops from T2 but the tank chest piece drops from a different turn but there is still other pieces in T2 that are tank drops.
Oh, I see. So the best thing to do is to check the drop tables for all turns and run the ones that have the items you need?
I hope that nothing good for a BLM drops from T5, since that's the only one my ilvl is too low for.

Astra

We've had some bad DPS from DF in Braybray. Wouldn't limit break the second group of pulls and the tank almost died. I managed to keep him alive, though, at the expense of my poor fingers.

Well, I just upgraded to the CE like a fooool. Dat fat chocobo, though.

Sorian

Banned
We've had some bad DPS from DF in Braybray. Wouldn't limit break the second group of pulls and the tank almost died. I managed to keep him alive, though, at the expense of my poor fingers.

Well, I just upgraded to the CE like a fooool. Dat fat chocobo, though.

The gliders? I don't either. If a BLM is there, flare is ripping them to shreds. Save the lb for the second boss since he overstays his welcome.

Astra

The gliders? I don't either. If a BLM is there, flare is ripping them to shreds. Save the lb for the second boss since he overstays his welcome.

We didn't have a BLM with us. :(
Just a Bard and Dragoon. Though the DRG is great for skipping the final phase of the last boss.

After playing the PS4 pre-order early access, I'm at Level 17 THM, Level 12 ACN, and Level 6 CNJ. If I'm going to actually have a chance at clearing the story dungeons to progress through the story, I'm going to have to switch my main to CNJ in order to find Light Parties. It just seems like very few people are going through the low-level dungeons. ;__;

shwimpy

Can someone clarify for me how leveling works after level 15ish... I ran out of area quests to do and there seems to be no indication of where to go next. Is it a straight up grindfest till max from here on? Instead of going to the next area and getting quests from questgivers (like WoW), I have to do dungeons and light parties and the occasional main story quest? Thanks.

Tunic

So if I buy this game on the Playstation Store right now will I be able to get early access? I played the beta test last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed my time. I would love to pick up where I left off but if I can't get early access I rather buy the physical release tomorrow.

Eios

So if I buy this game on the Playstation Store right now will I be able to get early access? I played the beta test last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed my time. I would love to pick up where I left off but if I can't get early access I rather buy the physical release tomorrow.

I don't think you could buy the game on psn, only download the client. If you pre-order from amazon you could get early access, but the earliest you would get the game is on Tuesday. I would call to see if your local retailers have early access.

Sorian

Banned
Good point. I forget that Bard's limit break is heal.

Which I still don't understand why. They should have the same LB as a drg/mnk and the animation should just change to an arrow type effect instead of a sword one. Or add in a "support" lb which would make sense for bard but would probably end up being a fairly useless addition.

Teknoman

Can someone clarify for me how leveling works after level 15ish... I ran out of area quests to do and there seems to be no indication of where to go next. Is it a straight up grindfest till max from here on? Instead of going to the next area and getting quests from questgivers (like WoW), I have to do dungeons and light parties and the occasional main story quest? Thanks.

Have you gone any Guildhests (not leves, guildhests, group battles)? Those have pretty hefty exp bonuses for those levels. Also have you done your hunting log till that point?

Astra

Which I still don't understand why. They should have the same LB as a drg/mnk and the animation should just change to an arrow type effect instead of a sword one. Or add in a "support" lb which would make sense for bard but would probably end up being a fairly useless addition.

Yeah, I kept thinking they had an aoe limit break. Still, it shouldn't be heal. I agree they should deal damage, and maybe add a buff on top of it.

Hedrush

I accidentally deleted the beta 2 client ( don't ask lol ) and now I cannot get the game to download at all. I've been trying all weekend. I can see it in the store as purchased and it's on my download list but when I click on download nothing happens. I've tried downloading it via my iPhone but again nothing happens. I'm really stuck as what to do now. On the store when I get to the "choose a version" drop down box there is 3 selections which all say "download to your PS4" but none of them work. It's really baffling.

2XrjSjZ.jpg

MZskB5x.jpg

How does the disc version work does anyone know? Does it install the client then there is no need for the disc. I can just foresee me having problems whatever the issue is.

suzu

kNiRt3A.png

For people who don't know where to level or ran out of quests, go find the next story/main scenario quest.

The icon will be a "fiery ! icon" instead of the normal round one. Progressing through these quests will unlock airship pass, chocobo, retainers, dungeons, etc.

You can do Challenge log, Hunting log, and FATE battles while you wait in the Duty Finder queue. You can also switch to another class and level that too, and switch back when your queue pops. Try asking the FC for help too if the queue is too long. You don't have to just sit there and do nothing. lol

Can you play on both PC and PS4 platforms using the same account? I don't mean at the same time but can you play on either if I were to buy a copy for PC as well as PS4?

Ken

Hm, if I changed the time on my device with the one time password app, will the synchronization option fix it?

I honestly don't understand the system in which you can record vids on the ps4. Is there anyone else who does.

What do you mean? The way its supposed to work is its always recording the last 15 minutes of you playing but it seems screwed up atm. If you want to record something, press the share button before you start playing, then back out and go back into the game, play for a couple minutes and press it again to make sure its recording you correctly.

Vashetti

Banned
I don't understand how people how getting stuck around level 15 with 'nothing to do'...

The game is very streamlined and very clear on where to go and what to do. I suppose if you're skipping everything and not reading anything then you would get confused, but otherwise I never ran out of content.

The only time I was starved of quests is in the level 40 range.

Sorian

Banned
I don't understand how people how getting stuck around level 15 with 'nothing to do'...

The game is very streamlined and very clear on where to go and what to do. I suppose if you're skipping everything and not reading anything then you would get confused, but otherwise I never ran out of content.

The only time I was starved of quests is in the level 40 range.

The only starve point I can think of is when the main scenario quests take that weird level break between 45ish and 49.

Vashetti

Banned
The only starve point I can think of is when the main scenario quests take that weird level break between 45ish and 49.

This is what I was referring to, and was what made me drop the game originally back when my free 30 days ran out from the PS3 version.

Fast-forward to today and dungeon XP has been boosted exponentially so it's not an issue whatsoever. I'll be sticking with the game from now on.

What do you mean? The way its supposed to work is its always recording the last 15 minutes of you playing but it seems screwed up atm. If you want to record something, press the share button before you start playing, then back out and go back into the game, play for a couple minutes and press it again to make sure its recording you correctly.

okay

Metaroo

Any Monks here to give some advice?

Should I get the Hellish Claws or the Relic Zenith weapon? I've heard the Hellish are better for DPS, but the Zenith might be better if im planning to do T5 soon. Any consensus? Im currently ilvl 83, if that helps in deciding.

Sorian

Banned
Any Monks here to give some advice?

Should I get the Hellish Claws or the Relic Zenith weapon? I've heard the Hellish are better for DPS, but the Zenith might be better if im planning to do T5 soon. Any consensus? Im currently ilvl 83, if that helps in deciding.

Hellish claws are BiS for ilvl 90 gear but the relic zenith is the weapon that can be upgraded to ilvl 100 and beyond. The correct answer is get the relic and ignore the hellish claws (unless you want to glamour the look) ilvl 90 gear is old news so might as well take the upgradeable one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom