• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Any Monks here to give some advice?

Should I get the Hellish Claws or the Relic Zenith weapon? I've heard the Hellish are better for DPS, but the Zenith might be better if im planning to do T5 soon. Any consensus? Im currently ilvl 83, if that helps in deciding.

The reason Hellish Claws were so appealing before was because they didn't hinder your myth gear progression back when myth was capped at 450 a week. Now that you can get as much myth as you want, the Zenith might be more appealing because you'll have it for Atma and Animus progression while the Hellish Claws will forever stay i90.

Of course, getting the EM weapons is much quicker if you have a good group to run all three with. Takes about 30 minutes versus a bunch of Brayflox HM farming to 900 myth.

Can someone clarify for me how leveling works after level 15ish... I ran out of area quests to do and there seems to be no indication of where to go next. Is it a straight up grindfest till max from here on? Instead of going to the next area and getting quests from questgivers (like WoW), I have to do dungeons and light parties and the occasional main story quest? Thanks.

You need to find your main story quest, the game is designed so you can get your first level 50 by pretty much just following the main storyline quests. Try and save sidequests for levelling other classes/jobs. Look in your journal and find the last main storyline quest you did and see where it ended you will most likely pick the next quest up from there.

george_us

My first time in Sastasha and we basically had to do it with Tank-free because the tank we were stuck with was terrible. Felt good though.

Daigr

Holy hell. I was just going to buy the regular version, but that fat chocobo is seriously tempting.
The mount has it's own song when riding as well. I also love how the wind-up moogles dance around with each other when they are in groups.

So I just bought the ps3 version (to play on the ps4) and registered the code on my PSN account but it's not recognizing it when I try to log in on the ps4. I'm guessing I need a ps3 to boot one time don't I and I just wasted $20?

Daigr

So I just bought the ps3 version (to play on the ps4) and registered the code on my PSN account but it's not recognizing it when I try to log in on the ps4. I'm guessing I need a ps3 to boot one time don't I and I just wasted $20?
You need to go to the mog station to upgrade ps3 to ps4 license.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My first time in Sastasha and we basically had to do it with Tank-free because the tank we were stuck with was terrible. Felt good though.

My first time in Satasha our tank was a bot. It wouldn't even use skills that caused enmity.

jet1911

I'm a super mmorpg noob, is this game friendly to newcomers? I played WoW for a couple of months 7 years ago and I didn't really like it. Is FF14 like WoW or is it pretty different?

Thanks for the answers!

Daigr

How do I register the ps3 license to my square Enix account with a physical ps3 copy (without a ps3 console) it just tells me to log into the account on the ps3 on the mog station
Not sure but can you register codes on the psn store on pc? I guess you would need a friends ps3 then.

Trojita

I'm a super mmorpg noob, is this game friendly to newcomers? I played WoW for a couple of months 7 years ago and I didn't really like it. Is FF14 like WoW or is it pretty different?

Thanks for the answers!

What didn't you like about WoW?

Trojita

Mostly the combat and the way quests/how they were given. Kill 10 rats! Kill 12 zombies! Wasn't fan of the art too.

The quests are still structured kind of like that but more convenient because when you need an item for a quest from a monster you kill they will instantly give it to you instead of waiting for the item roulette in WoW. There is some variety to the quests besides kill x monste,r but there really hasn't been any kind of grand innovation besides that in the MMO genre.

Combat with a controller is fun.

LOL! This is on Ultros.
10252140_854017307958458_115401006841141647_n.jpg

Soi-Fong

I play BLM and it's easy to do with a controller but everything is better with kb/m in an MMO.

Zomba pls I choose the superior option.

No one is gonna argue with you, but some people like myself like playing on a couch, and the controller works fine for it.

Number45

Marking means, before you head into a group of enemies, you label each one 1, 2, 3, etc. in the order you plan to attack them, so your DPS knows which enemy to focus on. On PS you can highlight an enemy and hit square, on PC hit shift+M or right click and select mark.
Had no idea about this, I assigned the markers to my extended hot bar but this will make it easier I think. Thanks for the tip.

Playing as a CNJ just now to get it up to level 15 - doing some Guildhests etc for experience. Question, how in the hell do you cure other people effectively? Every time I cure the tank, my target indicator / cursor deselects them, and I have to try and select them again. It's a nuisance, why doesn't it just stay on them until I choose to move it?

Epcott

So many fat chicks here in Excalibur.

I thought it was a prize from the egg hunt seasonal game. I really tried to play it but could not find anyone to party with and I could not find the second egg cap. Oh well, been too busy finally exploring the Highlands. Love the music there :D

Playing as a CNJ just now to get it up to level 15 - doing some Guildhests etc for experience. Question, how in the hell do you cure other people effectively? Every time I cure the tank, my target indicator / cursor deselects them, and I have to try and select them again. It's a nuisance, why doesn't it just stay on them until I choose to move it?
You need to push X to target the tank. If you just use the d-pad to select a party member, it will behave as a mouseover and deselect the target after the cast.

You can use that to your advantage, by targeting the tank and using the soft cursor to heal a DPS once and instantly go back to the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom