• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Bj6Zhzs.jpg

I, I don't even....

Van

I've already pre ordered the game on amazon and it didn't get give a code for mog station... I'm so confused

Eusis

You'll love this game, then!

(This is sarcasm btw. 1-50 is all fetch quests with some dungeons in between)
I'm honestly not even sure I want to bother with those fetch quests at this point in the game, doing the daily roulettes and little else will get me to 50 within a week probably. But I do want to see the main questline through at last even if it's annoyingly padded out.

I see under my services list on PS3 that it says FFXIV starts 04/09/14, I never signed up on either PS3 or PS4 yet so that I can start my free trial when I am ready. That doesnt mean the 30 days have started does it?

I downloaded the game on PS4 but I have read that I need to first download it on PS3, make an account on that game and then transfer it to PS4 for this whole free month thing to work?

suzu

Seeing all the fat chocobos and moogles makes me want to upgrade to CE. But I'd probably get tired of the mount in like a day..

Sorian

Banned
I'm honestly not even sure I want to bother with those fetch quests at this point in the game, doing the daily roulettes and little else will get me to 50 within a week probably. But I do want to see the main questline through at last even if it's annoyingly padded out.

lol

NysGAF

I'm a super mmorpg noob, is this game friendly to newcomers? I played WoW for a couple of months 7 years ago and I didn't really like it. Is FF14 like WoW or is it pretty different?

Thanks for the answers!

Be my friend; I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm on Ultros.

PSN: PetrosXL
Character: Evyta Storm

Offer extends to all other noobs as well. And speaking of fresh meat, I have a couple questions after playing this weekend.

Is it appropriate to help folks out if I see them slaying ladybugs and such? I see plenty of other GAF tags out there and if they're in battle my instinct is to join them but I'm worried I'm taking away experience or loot or something. What's the conventional wisdom?

As a conjurer I'm just expected to heal people in dungeons, right? I don't need to do it during FATEs?

Speaking of FATEs, I was at level 9 or 10 today and I was too high to join a couple but accidentally dismissed the notification for how to Level Sync. How do I do that?

Am I reading things right that I should only be doing the story quests? Until this morning I was clicking on every Quest I could find. Now I'm hearing I should have saved those for later when there's less to do, is that right? Do I need to start over?

Be my friend; I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm on Ultros.

PSN: PetrosXL
Character: Evyta Storm

Offer extends to all other noobs as well. And speaking of fresh meat, I have a couple questions after playing this weekend.

Is it appropriate to help folks out if I see them slaying ladybugs and such? I see plenty of other GAF tags out there and if they're in battle my instinct is to join them but I'm worried I'm taking away experience or loot or something. What's the conventional wisdom?

As a conjurer I'm just expected to heal people in dungeons, right? I don't need to do it during FATEs?

Speaking of FATEs, I was at level 9 or 10 today and I was too high to join a couple but accidentally dismissed the notification for how to Level Sync. How do I do that?

Am I reading things right that I should only be doing the story quests? Until this morning I was clicking on every Quest I could find. Now I'm hearing I should have saved those for later when there's less to do, is that right? Do I need to start over?

Use the touchpad to select Level Sync and press X

Sorian

Banned

Feel free, they get the rewards no matter what because they started the fight and if you do enough damage you will get the same chance at rewards as well if the monster is in your level range.

fedexpeon

Banned

Don't worry about it.
All the benefits will still go to who tagged first.
Tell them to tag 10 mobs, and you will AOE everything down.

Van

Ok so I pre ordered the ce on amazon and it gave me a code to put on psn witch i did...
I WANT MY GIANT CHICKEN>:0

Ryhian

I have to admit I fell into their trap and upgraded my account to the CE to get the fatty. Still doesn't seem all that bad for me buying ps3 ffxiv($15)+CE upgrade($20) for $35.

Sophia

I have the pc version of this.. Will I have to rebuy for ps4?

If you wish to play it on PS4, you need to own it for PS3 and upgrade, or buy it for PS4. Note however that if you buy the game again you do get an additional 30 free days, so it's not wasted if you can get it under $15.

mstevens

If you wish to play it on PS4, you need to own it for PS3 and upgrade, or buy it for PS4. Note however that if you buy the game again you do get an additional 30 free days, so it's not wasted if you can get it under $15.

Okay thanks! I'll be able to use my pc character, though, right?

Alex

The quest design is very dated, although it has it's moments (zero of which occur in Coerthas ). Being able to cap out through Fates, Leves and dungeons is better, IMO and pretty fun. I yearn for the day when leveling in MMO is allowed to be accessible but engaging / mildly challenging. I've always wanted to see multiple difficulty options and risk/reward for a leveling system instead of wanton travel and fluff, at least here, while said fluff can be iffy, you only gotta do it once as opposed for each class.

Leves really need to become quicker to refill, though. Should be able to earn charges by doing other things in the game rather than just an enormous timer attached to them. They're only really ever precious enough for that when you're trying to binge up multiple crafting jobs.

Sophia

Just remove the Leve allowance thing entirely, and turn any quest that's basically a fetch quest into a Leve after it's initial completion. Everyone always sits at 99 anyhow after the first week.

2nd time I've seen gold saucer mentioned. Is that a thing coming to XIV?

Yes. Patch 2.3 or Patch 2.4. We won't know for sure until the Live Letter.

You can only do them on your own (IIRC).

You must not be following a specific instruction or using a certain ability, they are all very straightforward.
Whoa, really? That's a bummer.

It just throws you against two really strong enemies at the same time and expects you to beat them. Maybe I just need to grind more or something..

Dammit I can't beat the level 15 main campaign mission in Gridania on my own and I've no idea how to get people to help me :(
Try and pay attention to the instructions the NPCs in the missions give you, it often helps. Stuff like "don't worry I'll heal you" that means you should just burn enemies, etc.

Teknoman

Yeah the fun party based story stuff usually isnt until dungeons or trials that bar story progression.

Honestly with all the new additions and guildhest bonuses repeating for new classes, newcomers should be able to hit high level much faster than ever.

Zomba13

It just throws you against two really strong enemies at the same time and expects you to beat them. Maybe I just need to grind more or something..

Is that the one that has the guy summon the gargoyle thing? I remember that one needing an antidote tog et rid of the poison and you should focus on the gargoyle before the robed man.

If it's the one I'm thinking of though.

Vashetti

Banned

You're not understanding what I said.

Those quests are really easy, you're not following a specific instruction or not using a certain ability.

If in doubt, chuck the quest name into Google.

Sophia

You get the echo buff on those quests if you fail too many times. Just keep trying; they're meant to be solo'd and have a level cap anyhow.

Tunic

Went ahead and bought the PS3 digital version and did the upgrade to the PS4 version. My PS4 beta character transferred over too. $25 total

MogCakes

It is by default. There's a 720p option you can choose right from in the game too if you want.

Yep. I don't see any reason to choose the 720p option though because the game runs great at 1080p on the system. My problem now isn't the game's performance on the console but the random disconnects and bouts of 20-second lag that I'm experiencing with some frequency.

Wynnebeck

Banned
Ok question guys. I bought the $10 FFXIV pack off of PSN months ago when they had the sale for PS3 and never activated it because I wanted to play it on PS4. How do I go about doing that and what's the catch? A free month and then $15 every month after that?

Is that the one that has the guy summon the gargoyle thing? I remember that one needing an antidote tog et rid of the poison and you should focus on the gargoyle before the robed man.

If it's the one I'm thinking of though.
Yup! Just tried it and used an antidote and I beat it within two minutes.

Thanks, everyone. I didn't notice that you get poisoned and had no idea poison affected you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom