• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried to roll a new character so I could play with y'all on Ultros, but looks like Ultros is full. That sucks!

It says I can wait until it's accepting new members, will that be minutes, hours or weeks?

Can someone tell me why I'd want a USB keyboard with the PS4 version of this? Does it have any use beyond chatting?

Would I just plug the keyboard in and it works automatically?

Ryhian

Can someone tell me why I'd want a USB keyboard with the PS4 version of this? Does it have any use beyond chatting?

Would I just plug the keyboard in and it works automatically?

A keyboard is handy to be able to communicate a lot quicker to others. It's possible via controller but it's not efficient. I'm still fairly low level/new to the game but assume you'll need to be able to communicate via text for some quests/events.

Yes any USB keyboard/mouse can be plugged into ps4 USB ports. You can also use bluetooth to avoid wires.

Got my fat chic!

Also got my Pug up to 15. Close to upgrading to Bard!

What does this mean? I am level 22 gld what am I close to upgrading? Man I need a final fantasy for dummies guide, I feel so lost and in love at the sametime and I want to do all I can while I can ugh.

alterno69

Banned
I want to join the Gaf gang, i'm on Ultros of course. My PSN tag is liquidsnk_mx and my character name is Tsumo Miyuki.

I'm a level 12 Thaumaturg btw.

CLBridges

What does this mean? I am level 22 gld what am I close to upgrading? Man I need a final fantasy for dummies guide, I feel so lost and in love at the sametime and I want to do all I can while I can ugh.

It just means he leveled Pugilist to 15 and now his Archer is on the way to upgrading to Bard, which is the job. Jobs can be accepted once you level your main character to 30 and side character to 15. Since you are lvl 22 Gladiator, you will need to level Conjurer to 15 and Gladiator to level 30 to accept your job as Paladin. Hope that helps.

Sophia

Ooooh... really? Didn't know that!

I thought you just needed your own class. Anyway, gotcha. I'm also an archer now so I guess I'll have to become a pugilist soon and start leveling up!

Every Job requires its primary class at 30 and a secondary class at 15.

Paladin is Gladiator 30, Conjurer 15
Warrior is Marauder 30, Gladiator 15
White Mage is Conjurer 30, Arcanist 15
Scholar is Arcanist 30, Conjurer 15
Summoner is Arcanist 30, Thaumaturge 15
Dragoon is Lancer 30, Marauder 15
Bard is Archer 30, Pugilist 15
Black Mage is Thaumaturge 30, Archer 15
Monk is Pugilist 30, Lancer 15

Ryhian

For some reason the code I got from SE to upgrade from ps3 to ps4 version isn't working. Says it's already been used. Anyone else had that problem?

The code they give you after selecting to upgrade ps3 to ps4 is just to download the ps4 client. If you have it from beta 2 or downloaded prior to Friday then you'll get error. You don't need to worry.

bunbun777

Well I hit 48 earlier and the story quest requires 49 so just gonna wait a day for new daily dungeon and beast quests, working on crafting. All crafting and gathering jobs are almost 25-30.

CLBridges

Created a new character (Thaumaturge/Black Mage) on Ultros today just for fun. Leveled up to 15 and will probably log on with him every few days to get him to 50. Will submit a GAF app. in a few weeks probably and hope there's room :). Saw a lot of GAF folks on and saw a lot of fat chocobos as well lol. The name is Kyros Lucas. My main character is/will remain on Siren though, too invested in that World to flat out transfer.

Created a new character (Thaumaturge/Black Mage) on Ultros today just for fun. Leveled up to 15 and will probably log on with him every few days to get him to 50. Will submit a GAF app. in a few weeks probably and hope there's room :). Saw a lot of GAF folks on and saw a lot of fat chocobos as well lol. The name is Kyros Lucas. My main character is/will remain on Siren though, too invested in that World to flat out transfer.

if your other character is on Ultros does that mean youre paying a second $12.99+?

It just means he leveled Pugilist to 15 and now his Archer is on the way to upgrading to Bard, which is the job. Jobs can be accepted once you level your main character to 30 and side character to 15. Since you are lvl 22 Gladiator, you will need to level Conjurer to 15 and Gladiator to level 30 to accept your job as Paladin. Hope that helps.

Thanks a bunch, but ummm.... how do I go about doing this?

NysGAF

What's the conventional wisdom for when to start ranking up a second job? Hit Conjurer 30 and then move over to Arcanist, or is it better to rank them up semi-tandem?

Teknoman

What's the conventional wisdom for when to start ranking up a second job? Hit Conjurer 30 and then move over to Arcanist, or is it better to rank them up semi-tandem?

Personally i'd say to max out your main focused job so you learn the ins and outs, then bring up your second. That way you actually internalize how to play both.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

The game will spell it out for you when the time comes(around level 30). Dual-classing to get access to Bard or some other upgraded job is not kept obscurely hidden in the game at all. You will get quests and pop-ups detailing it all when you are ready. Just keep playing :).

CLBridges

Just keep leveling your class by visiting the Gladiator guild in Ul'dah. I think you complete class quests every 5ish levels and once you get to level 30 quest it will give you the requirements to complete it (level Conjurer to 15 if you haven't done so by the time you get to your level 30 class quest.)

Conjurer class is located in Gridania, so you'll need to go there and accept the class through the guild worker. When you finish the level 30 class quest, you will be rewarded with "Soul of the Paladin". Once equipped, you will now be a Paladin and can further progress that Job.

Can those be switched? I'm almost level 30 marauder and want to be a dragoon. Can I just level Lancer to 15?

Sophia

Can those be switched? I'm almost level 30 marauder and want to be a dragoon. Can I just level Lancer to 15?

Those are just the minimum requirements, and no they cannot be switched. You would need to level Lancer to 30 to become a Dragoon. Luckily your Marauder is already past 15. :p

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I'm starting to hate this game. I'm finally now in a grand company and even after joining i still cannot have my own chocobo. I see people at level 12 running around with their own chocobo. I just got to level 24 and now i have to get seals, but no one in the game tells me how. jesus

Sophia

I'm starting to hate this game. I finally now in a grand company and even after joining i still cannot have my own chocobo. I see people at level 12 running around with their own chocobo. I just got to level 24 and now i have to get seals, but no one in the game tells me how. jesus

If you've joined a Grand Company, then all you need to do is speak to the commander. He should have a quest called "My Little Chocobo." After which, just farm FATEs to get your Grand Company seals. Or do Grand Company Leves.

People running around at low levels with a Chocobo already completed the quest once with a higher level class.

I'm starting to hate this game. I'm finally now in a grand company and even after joining i still cannot have my own chocobo. I see people at level 12 running around with their own chocobo. I just got to level 24 and now i have to get seals, but no one in the game tells me how. jesus

FATEs. FATEs are your primary source for GC Seals.

CLBridges

Those low level people are just leveling an alternate class. They've already completed the original GC quest to get their chocobo with another class. You can get Seals by either doing FATES, completing GC hunting logs and supply quests. FATES and GC hunting logs are the easiest and you'll have enough in no time.

Joe T.

How's SE handling the cheating in this game? I haven't paid much attention to the game's official forums and don't really follow the goings on at any community forums like I did FFXI, but did run across what looked like obvious cheating while gathering, someone mining several times faster than normal and warping to each mining node while invisible.

Ken

How's SE handling the cheating in this game? I haven't paid much attention to the game's official forums and don't really follow the goings on at any community forums like I did FFXI, but did run across what looked like obvious cheating while gathering, someone mining several times faster than normal and warping to each mining node while invisible.

Submit a player report and they might get to it.

Alucrid

Banned
3ga6KG8.jpg

those pants scream leather daddy

Joe T.

Submit a player report and they might get to it.

Did and heard nothing back, which is why I asked. Pre-Abyssea, before FFXI underwent a drastic change, you would usually get a response from a GM soon after filing a report. I'm assuming they're handling things in FFXIV the same way they handled them in FFXI post-Abyssea.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
FATEs. FATEs are your primary source for GC Seals.

Those low level people are just leveling an alternate class. They've already completed the original GC quest to get their chocobo with another class. You can get Seals by either doing FATES, completing GC hunting logs and supply quests. FATES and GC hunting logs are the easiest and you'll have enough in no time.

any FATEs would do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom