• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does connection quality matter for this game?

I am playing on Mana data center and Asura world, since it is for Asia. I get "Excellent" connection quality. Since most of the NeoGAF folks play in Ultros, i thought to check it out and noticed that the connection was just "good". So i was wondering if this has any impact on the experience or not?

Ken

Did and heard nothing back, which is why I asked. Pre-Abyssea, before FFXI underwent a drastic change, you would usually get a response from a GM soon after filing a report. I'm assuming they're handling things in FFXIV the same way they handled them in FFXI post-Abyssea.

you usually just get an automated message and t hen you hope they deal with it i suppose

Resilient

any FATEs would do?

yup. Try highly populated areas, like Horizon and Aleport. They should be busy due to atma farming.

Does connection quality matter for this game?

I am playing on Mana data center and Asura world, since it is for Asia. I get "Excellent" connection quality. Since most of the NeoGAF folks play in Ultros, i thought to check it out and noticed that the connection was just "good". So i was wondering if this has any impact on the experience or not?

You will have trouble in later game on "good", but for most of the content it will be fine. There will be a bit of lag which will make stuff like Titan Hm/em absolute hell.

You will have trouble in later game on "good", but for most of the content it will be fine. There will be a bit of lag which will make stuff like Titan Hm/em absolute hell.
Thanks for the reply!

No idea what that "Titan Hm/em" is for now but i guess i will stick with my current one.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
yup. Try highly populated areas, like Horizon and Aleport. They should be busy due to atma farming.

thanks

Anyone know why this game isn't on the WiiU? I know the reasons why its not offered on xbox, due to microsoft policies.

Every Job requires its primary class at 30 and a secondary class at 15.

Paladin is Gladiator 30, Conjurer 15
Warrior is Marauder 30, Gladiator 15
White Mage is Conjurer 30, Arcanist 15
Scholar is Arcanist 30, Conjurer 15
Summoner is Arcanist 30, Thaumaturge 15
Dragoon is Lancer 30, Marauder 15
Bard is Archer 30, Pugilist 15
Black Mage is Thaumaturge 30, Archer 15
Monk is Pugilist 30, Lancer 15

guess I'll work on getting Level 15 Lancer (currently Level 12) before going back to Level 18 (19?) Pugilist

klee123

thanks

Anyone know why this game isn't on the WiiU? I know the reasons why its not offered on xbox, due to microsoft policies.

Probably an agreement with Sony to keep it exclusive on their platforms. Pretty much the same with DQX being console exclusive to Nintendo.

BadRNG

What's the conventional wisdom for when to start ranking up a second job? Hit Conjurer 30 and then move over to Arcanist, or is it better to rank them up semi-tandem?
Some people do it in tandem, even from as low as 10 when you can first change classes, but I'd recommend at least getting to 20 first so you can get your chocobo for traveling. Will make getting around a lot easier for when you are leveling other stuff. Your secondary classes will level much faster too since you get a 50% exp bonus for being lower level than another class you have, so getting to 15 for your job won't take long.

I personally did my secondary job in my twenties so I could seamlessly transition from my final 30 class quest and start my job.

Artorias

Banned
Wow, Fat Chocobo is adorable. Do I just need to transfer from PS3 to PS4 to get that? I have a CE account as well if that matters.

I'm definitely going to turn my account on for a month, but I'm not sure I will do it at launch unless thats a limited time thing.

Edit: I see its a CE item, awesome! Still may wait a few weeks to turn my account on though, I'm so stuck on Souls games atm.

Teknoman

I'm starting to hate this game. I'm finally now in a grand company and even after joining i still cannot have my own chocobo. I see people at level 12 running around with their own chocobo. I just got to level 24 and now i have to get seals, but no one in the game tells me how. jesus

No one? There should have been a pop up the instant you join a grand company?

It would say something along the lines of Grand Companies and have a large ? with a green circle around it. Check your tutorials section or whatever its called in the main menu. Every time you unlock a new feature, there should be a tutorial pop up in the middle of the screen that you can access later as well. At any rate, you can earn seals by doing:

Grand Company leves
Duty Roulette low level
Grand Company hunting log
Fates

and probably other things i'm forgetting.

Resilient

How do I go about joining up with you folks?

Provided your on Ultros server, go to neogaf.guildwork.com/ and register / apply here. Then once that goes through, hop online and private message one of the guild leaders. Off the top of my head, this could be

Guy Incognito
Maple Cookie
Strawberry Shortcake (up with cheesecake!)
After those guys I get hazy with last names, but I think the guild leaders are listed on the Guildworks site. You might have to wait a bit depending on who's online atm. But the FC isn't full yet so don't stress :)

jiggle

thanks to the 6 free days
finally got my crown :D
all the old FATES camps were so dead :(
iEHXHDkCl5uor.jpg

Replicant

I live in Australia. So can I buy the AUS version and play it on my US (main) PSN account like I do with other games? I got the impression from the Beta that it was impossible.

klee123

I live in Australia. So can I buy the AUS version and play it on my US (main) PSN account like I do with other games? I got the impression from the Beta that it was impossible.

You can't I'm afraid. I tried to do that as well, but in the end I just used my AU Account.

man, one thing that annoys me is when im fighting, and the enemy run back to where they was at, and they be come invisible. I hate the fact that they get all their health back. I be like "man damn…….he was like one hit away from death"

Qvoth

tonberry server is the unofficial oceanic server
tonnes of south east asians, australians, newzealanders

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Welp 15 more runs of Levi Ex tonight, 0 mirrors....

On the bright side, I now have every single weapon drop from it, both shields
Only drop now worth it is the mount or MIRROR!

Teknoman

man, one thing that annoys me is when im fighting, and the enemy run back to where they was at, and they be come invisible. I hate the fact that they get all their health back. I be like "man damn…….he was like one hit away from death"

lol wait till something like that happens during a fate.

Welp 15 more runs of Levi Ex tonight, 0 mirrors....

On the bright side, I now have every single weapon drop from it, both shields
Only drop now worth it is the mount or MIRROR!

Seems like mirrors are Emperor's hairpin tier (vana'diel) drop rates...

Just finished a sastasha run with a pretty incompetent tank. Even after offering some guidance, he just... Anyway, Our healer stopped healing him so I took over (ACN), boy was that a regretful decision... Eventually I stopped healing him and just used topaz to tank.

Anywho, going for summoner. First time playing a caster type class in an mmo.

After PS4 version released, I feel like Titan EX became laggy again. I did Twin/Levi EX and had no lag, then I did Titan with my coil group and I ate Weight of Land. Every. Single. Time. This is really bullshit because I am sure it wasn't like this 2 weeks ago when I cleared my Titan EX. I really want to help my group clear Primal EX so we can start farming Levi EX together but at this point I'm not sure how I can help them.

question, on a item that has, lets say, +2 crit rate, and I mend a materia with another +2 crit rate, I get a message that says the items to too low to use the materials full potential.

So Im guess adding more stats of the same stats give diminishing returns. Is there someway around this???

Man, there's a lot of limitations of many things I see in this game.

Qvoth

question, on a item that has, lets say, +2 crit rate, and I mend a materia with another +2 crit rate, I get a message that says the items to too low to use the materials full potential.

So Im guess adding more stats of the same stats give diminishing returns. Is there someway around this???

Man, there's a lot of limitations of many things I see in this game.

don't bother melding until you've reached the end game, and only if you want to progress quickly

CLBridges

Took me the better of 2-3 weeks to clear Titan Extreme. Ilfrit Extreme, two days. I think they must have put them out of order lol. I already have the Artemis Bow Zenith for my Bard, would it make sense to purchase the Elfin Bow?

I don't think I really want to go back in Titan Extreme for a while so want to make a useful purchase with the tokens I got. Thinking about using the tokens for my White Mage. Well, on to Moogle X and Levi X to try to get those down. PS4 early release weekend has somehow been lucky for me.

Attention guys, just a reminder because I want to keep you from going mad, like me this morning:

The game is now online and ready to be bought on PSN, but if you go digital you can not play until noon (GMT).

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Also a high note for me got my 1st Turn 5 win
rH8501Rl.jpg

PLD Sword and BRD Belt dropped (I got Belt, was hoping Axe dropped, but it didn't =/)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom