• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marceles

Logged in tonight just to watch the fat chocobo waddle, I ran around in circles for a good 15 mins cracking up. Great mount SE

9qEGQzh.jpg

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Attention guys, just a reminder because I want to keep you from going mad, like me this morning:

The game is now online and ready to be bought on PSN, but if you go digital you can not play until noon (GMT).

Thank you. Already pulled my hair out due to the issue.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Seems like mirrors are Emperor's hairpin tier (vana'diel) drop rates...

I think they took the Salvage drop rates % from XI then subtracted it from the drop rates % of hairpin, then divided it by 2 (I mean why the hell not!, we don't want ilvl100 Weapons run a muck)

Seriously in 2-3 weeks people will be amassed with nice amount of Soldiery to get the Weathered to Upgraded version (some already do!), and will be running around with 110's

Only reason I enjoy Levi Ex is you have to be mobile during the fight and also every win gets me closer to my Warbear mount, if I can keep doing 10+ wins a night, should have it by the end of the month

SAMZ

GAF i need help!!

I just bought the game of PS4 UK PS store today. When i boot it up and log in it says i need a product code and a active account. I took part in beta phase 2 and kept the client. Upon buying FFXIV today it directed me to use the beta phase two file.

Help.

Eusis

thanks

Anyone know why this game isn't on the WiiU? I know the reasons why its not offered on xbox, due to microsoft policies.
Frankly I feel like the PS3 itself was more out of obligation than anything else; performance is adequate at best and it's probably a more CPU intensive game anyway. It's also probably a bitch to coordinate patches and all between all three platforms as it is, throwing a fourth one in with Nintendo policies to deal with, even if both Sony and NIntendo are open to being cross platform, probably isn't worth it.

Replicant

You can't I'm afraid. I tried to do that as well, but in the end I just used my AU Account.

Thanks. I suspected that. This is bloody annoying.

tonberry server is the unofficial oceanic server
tonnes of south east asians, australians, newzealanders

It's not so much of that. I just want the trophies to go to my main PSN account, which happens to be US PSN. :/

Thanks for the answer though guys!

GAF i need help!!

I just bought the game of PS4 UK PS store today. When i boot it up and log in it says i need a product code and a active account. I took part in beta phase 2 and kept the client. Upon buying FFXIV today it directed me to use the beta phase two file.

Help.

Digital copies will be activated in one hour (12.00 GMT)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Thanks. I suspected that. This is bloody annoying.

It's not so much of that. I just want the trophies to go to my main PSN account, which happens to be US PSN. :/

Thanks for the answer though guys!
Those restrictions should go, period.
I have an EU account with a ver 1.0 CE and everything and I'd have to change the memory card on my Vita every time I would want to use remote play since my main PSN account is Japanese.

Semper88

This game is like is definitely alot of fun!

Already got my warrior up to lvl 34 since friday, having a blast with him.

There is one thing in this game that bugs me slightly and thats the rudiculous armor my warrior has to run around in. Sometimes i look like a wuss with pink pants and a few levels later i look like a oversized trashcan..

Some casters that i've met look like total Jesters hehe.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
This looks super nice on the PS4. It runs better than on my pc too.
One of my main reasons for not buying it on ps3 is because it ran like crap however the ps4 version runs so smooth. Haven't had an issue with it outside of resetting my password

Eusis

One of my main reasons for not buying it on ps3 is because it ran like crap however the ps4 version runs so smooth. Haven't had an issue with it outside of resetting my password
Leaves me surprised you seriously wondered why it wasn't on Wii U then. The RAM would've probably helped admittedly and maybe the GPU would give enough of an advantage, but beyond those two angles it'd have run equally or worse than PS3 anyway, I'm sure. At best barely ahead and for the limited audience not really worth it.

Jacobbles

Pasting the post I just made in the FF14 Official Forums, in the hope someone here has any ideas about what to do:

Hi guys,

I've played this game previously on both PC and PS3, and have performed the PS3>PS4 upgrade through the Mogstation with no hassles. However, today I bought the physical collector's edition for PS4 (wanted the artbook, soundtrack etc), and registered the included code through the PlayStation Store.

Now when I start the game up on PS4, it asks me which service account I'd like to add the PS4 Collector's Edition to, but my service account doesn't show up! Has anyone else had this problem?

TLDR: Already had PS4 version on my service account, so I'm unable to add the physical CE code to that service account, and I want the items and stuff it entitles me to.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is it possible to wipe the existing PS4 version license from my service account somehow?

Jacobbles

I had this issue when buying the PC CE of ARR while already having the PC standard edition of 1.0. I had no alternative but to buy the digital CE upgrade and sell my CE code. You can try SE support and see if they have a new procedure in place though.

Ugh. I can't even sell my CE code, as I've already redeemed it through the PSN store so it's tied to my PSN account and therefore my Square ID thing too. This stinks.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
[PS4™ Version] Current Known Issue Regarding North American Version Product Code
We have identified an issue wherein users are unable to register their FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn PlayStation®4 North American version product code on the PlayStation®Store.

We ask for your patience as we prepare further details regarding this issue.

※This issue only affects users using the product code included with the packaged version of the game. The digital download version is not affected by this issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
From April 14, 2014 at 12:00 a.m. (PDT)

[Issue Details]
Unable to register PlayStation®4 North American version product code on the PlayStation®Store.

[Affected Service]
PlayStation®4 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

Hazanko

Banned
Okay how do I pay for this? I did all the codes, got collectors stuff and can log in fine! Not once has it asked for credit card info or charges tho?

Hasney

Just added myself to the spreadsheet and now I've realised that I need to grind away until I get my own personal mount... Goddamn, that fat chocobo is just waiting for me.

I'm enjoying this a lot more on PS4 than I was on PC. Just feel like MMOs are a perfect lazy game rather than sitting in my office chair.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I think they took the Salvage drop rates % from XI then subtracted it from the drop rates % of hairpin, then divided it by 2 (I mean why the hell not!, we don't want ilvl100 Weapons run a muck)

Seriously in 2-3 weeks people will be amassed with nice amount of Soldiery to get the Weathered to Upgraded version (some already do!), and will be running around with 110's

Only reason I enjoy Levi Ex is you have to be mobile during the fight and also every win gets me closer to my Warbear mount, if I can keep doing 10+ wins a night, should have it by the end of the month

You do realize you need items from Turn 7 and 8 to get the tome weapons, right?

The way it should be IMO. I don't like a heavy PvP focus in my MMO's.

pvp is fun and most successful mmorpgs had it. open world pvp would have been great, but this game is is too theme park for that and simply not good enough. -target too far away--target too far away--target too far away- doesn't sound so hot.

wait.

people getting ganked while riding on their fat chocobos? that doesn't sound so bad. just need a proper fall animation.

Gaz_RB

My major gripe with this game is that wish the Summoner class had more summons and larger summons. The summons look like stuffed animals! Only 3 summons? and they are baby versions? Sad. If they were cooler I would have gone Summoner, but I think I'll stick with Black Mage.

Interfectum

Binged on this game all weekend. Got the PS4 CE coming today. Man what a fun MMO.

Questions I had while playing:

- How satisfied is everyone with the overall story? I'm around level 20 on the story right now and it seems hit or miss so far. Some cool moments, especially that cutscene with the Empire, others not so much.

- I'm going for Dragoon, currently leveling lancer until I get a chocobo then jumping over to marauder. Is there any benefit for the Dragoon to level the marauder past level 15?

- I'm currently looking into trying mining out. Any tips on what I should do as a miner? Keep the materials for another class or sell?

plake

Binged on this game all weekend. Got the PS4 CE coming today. Man what a fun MMO.

Questions I had while playing:

- How satisfied is everyone with the overall story? I'm around level 20 on the story right now and it seems hit or miss so far. Some cool moments, especially that cutscene with the Empire, others not so much.

- I'm currently looking into trying mining out. Any tips on what I should do as a miner? Keep the materials for another class or sell?

1) Agree! So fun!

2) Hit or miss as you say. I'm only at lv 42 but there are some cool moments. I can't wait for lv 50 stories though. IT's starting to ramp up.

3) I'd say keep everything unless
i) you need money for some reason (shouldn't as this game seems to be based on drops for what you need, not buying it)
ii) you could make a crazy profit due to market fluctuations - too good to pass up. But in short: Keep. You'll need it if you level up other crafting jobs.

TheChaos0

I went and upgraded my PS3 version to PS4. Thing is, I don't have a PS4 yet. The wording implies that I have to redeem the code before 31st of Decement (on PS4) for process to be complete?

Sophia

I went and upgraded my PS3 version to PS4. Thing is, I don't have a PS4 yet. The wording implies that I have to redeem the code before 31st of Decement (on PS4) for process to be complete?

No. If you have gotten the code, then you already upgraded to the PS4 version. The code is simply to download the client for those who don't already have it.

You can confirm this by going to the MogStation and it should read "PS4" on the license instead of "PS3."

TheChaos0

No. If you have gotten the code, then you already upgraded to the PS4 version. The code is simply to download the client for those who don't already have it.

You can confirm this by going to the MogStation and it should read "PS4" on the license instead of "PS3."

Ye, that's what it says. It's just weird that it specifically states that the code will expire on 31st of Decemeber. What happens after it expires? (I'm planning to get a PS4 at the end of the year but still) Will I not be able to download the client?

Any tips on gearing up as a newly level 50 tank? I can barely even tank any of the end-game dungeons since everyone tends to have a much higher iLvl than me.

supergiz

Most of the soldiery equipment looks like crap for bard with the exception of a few pieces. Doesn't even look like you need to max out soldiery every week.

Any tips on gearing up as a newly level 50 tank? I can barely even tank any of the end-game dungeons since everyone tends to have a much higher iLvl than me.

Well you can farm myth for ilv90 stuff and cap sol for ilv100 stuff.

Coil is also pretty farmable with DR pugs.

Zomba13

If you're fresh into lvl 50 the progression I did was:

Get Hoplite stuff from Amdapor Keep/Wanderers Palace (doesn't drop there any more, now in Copperbell HM, Haukke Manor HM and Pharos Sirius)

Spend Philosophy tomes on Darklight equip (Phil tomes no longer drop, Darklight has been moved to Halitali HM, Brayflox HM and I think Ruins of Amdapor)

Get some stuff from Crystal Tower while spending Myth tomes on iLVL 90 AF2. (still possible).

I'd recommend now to do some lvl50 dungeons to get what gear you can while getting some myth tomes and then run CT a bunch to gear up that way. CT is easy (if you don't have trolls in your group or the others) and you don't really need to tank much, the other tank in your group can be the groups main tank while you get the smaller stuff or the towers on King Behemoth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom