• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Ye, that's what it says. It's just weird that it specifically states that the code will expire on 31st of Decemeber. What happens after it expires? (I'm planning to get a PS4 at the end of the year but still) Will I not be able to download the client?

The code wouldn't work on the store past December 31st. The upgrade promotion is only available up until that date.

Once the code has been input, it's yours to keep.

Sugarmonkey

First time poster, so please go easy on me guys, as I didn't see this posted yet in the thread.
If I have the PC CE of the game, and purchase the PS4 version, it seems like it would stand that I received the CE items on my PS4 as they are all the same account.
If this is the case, would the fat chocobo be retroactive? Or only for those that purchase the CE of the PS version?

I give up, endgame as SCH is just waaaaay too frustrating. Guess it's time to level up WHM and get used to not mindlessly wasting mana, I guess.

studyguy

Jesus Christ, I'm banned like every week now.
Anyway, got my god damn atma! The suffering is over!
Now I get to grind books for minimal gains, woop woop.

Also datfatchoco.
Best mount. Doing T6 later tonight now that we finally nailed down our team and regeared the newer guys. Should be good. Tanaka bless you all.

So I binged with my 3 day weekend and got to level 30 WHM, 26 ACN, and 10 THA (some of that was the previous beta phase).

Have to say GAF clan is awesome, you guys have been so helpful and kind. Thank you to all of you.

Sincerely,
Arya Hodor

So I binged with my 3 day weekend and got to level 30 WHM, 26 ACN, and 10 THA (some of that was the previous beta phase).

Have to say GAF clan is awesome, you guys have been so helpful and kind. Thank you to all of you.

Sincerely,
Arya Hodor

How are you folk levelling up so quickly? I'm doing levequests / guildhests etc and it still feels like it takes yonks. FFXI was much better for levelling, having to party up etc. Took ages but at least it wasn't absolutely boring as shit.

Noob moment of the beta phase though. I TOTALLY MISSED the bonus attribute points hidden in the character menu. Holy crap, I had 13 to spend and felt like an idiot.

How are you folk levelling up so quickly? I'm doing levequests / guildhests etc and it still feels like it takes yonks. FFXI was much better for levelling, having to party up etc. Took ages but at least it wasn't absolutely boring as shit.

I level up WAY faster than in FFXI.

1. Hunting logs

2. Dungeons

3. Fates

4. Any class lower than your highest class gets a 50% exp bonus.

Make sure you are doing level appropriate quests and fates. Doing low level quests is just a waste of time and not enough exp.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yes, Relic Atma! Took me a week, but I have it and I love it.
Too bad I only have 800 mythos, so I can't even buy the first book. :(

Sophia

Combine your leveling methods. Do the Leves in an area where you also need to do the Hunting Log. Complete the challenge log, which will involve FATEs, Dungeons, and Guildheists. You don't need to work on each separately.

IMBored

First time poster, so please go easy on me guys, as I didn't see this posted yet in the thread.
If I have the PC CE of the game, and purchase the PS4 version, it seems like it would stand that I received the CE items on my PS4 as they are all the same account.
If this is the case, would the fat chocobo be retroactive? Or only for those that purchase the CE of the PS version?

You get all the CE items, no matter the version you purchased. So you would get fatty chic.

don't bother melding until you've reached the end game, and only if you want to progress quickly

hhmmm, I see, well. I fill all my slots with skill speed and critical rate. ALL OF THEM. And man, its DOES make a huge damn different when yo got like 12+ slots across all your gear.

Being a archer, I got many critical rate improving skills, so the better my crits rate, the better those skills become.

IMBored

Sincerely,
Arya Hodor

Nice leveling, I've been stuck at 34 bard for a while. Just finished Manor yesterday, so I'm behind in the main quest, but I get sidetracked easily doing other things. For instance, I trucked all the way to Mor Dhona just to see the fat chocobo gathering, never mind gathering like a fool. Hoping to truck a little more in the main quest today, and getting in qarn.

Why you say that?
Gear progression is frustrating - between 50 and 115 there's like 3 good weapons - and overall pacing of endgame fights make me feel like I'm just a stepping stone so WHMs climb on my back and save the day.

The amount of work I have to put and the payoff I get depresses me. It's not like SCH is bad or unecessary - quite the contrary of course - but this just isn't fun for me. Thankfully my healer gear won't go to waste since I'll main WHM from now on, but still.

Sophia

A good Scholar is invaluable on most fights, especially Garuda Extreme where they can be the difference between a wipe to Double Wicked Wheels and not.

It is considerably harder to play than White Mage, but the payoff is worth it if you're willing to stick with it.

A good Scholar is invaluable on most fights, especially Garuda Extreme where they can be the difference between a wipe to Double Wicked Wheels and not.

It is considerably harder to play than White Mage, but the payoff is worth it if you're willing to stick with it.
Yeah, I'm not saying Scholars are useless, the mitigation is waaay too important in endgame content, I'm just burnt out and not having fun doing that.

I guess I just like pressing a button and seeing someone go from 10% HP to 100% instead of pressing like 6 buttons to make sure someone at 90% health stays at 90% health.

Has anyone had any issues redeeming the code for the physical PS4 version? I picked it up this morning but it said "Code may not be valid" or some such thing. I know I'm entering it correctly. Any advice?

Tabris

MAN YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW AMAZING IT IS GOING FROM PS3 TO PS4.

My play level has increased significantly. We did Titan EX a bunch and I did not get hit by a single weight of the land. I was dodging them faster than the "PC master race" players.

On PS3, I would be like "Why is everyone moving? Oh shit that's why" as I get hit. Unless you pre-moved based on pattern and timing, Titan was extremely hard on PS3. Now I can react to what's happening on my screen. No pre-moving needed.

dramatis

I think it depends on the person though. Some people have told me it's easy to play scholar, but I struggle with it because compared to white mage I feel like I have less control over the battle. White Mage I can be fairly accurate about how much my spells can heal and how quickly I can get everyone up, whereas with scholar sometimes it is really spray and pray.

Likewise there might be people who find playing scholar easy, but playing white mage difficult because of the mp conservation factor.

That dick Thancred arrived after the battle what an ass
Paging Elliott and Kagari, somebody just insulted your idol...

I think it depends on the person though. Some people have told me it's easy to play scholar, but I struggle with it because compared to white mage I feel like I have less control over the battle. White Mage I can be fairly accurate about how much my spells can heal and how quickly I can get everyone up, whereas with scholar sometimes it is really spray and pray.

Likewise there might be people who find playing scholar easy, but playing white mage difficult because of the mp conservation factor.
Basically this. Scholar isn't exactly hard to play, specially if you macro your stuff, but when playing hard content you must be absolutely on point. You can't allow people to get hurt past a certain point, because if they do you don't have the healing power to do some clutch pick ups like WHM does unless you just waste AF stacks, but then you're left SS-less and that might get you killed in a phase switch that comes afterwards if your AF is on CD.

If you make a mistake you probably just got your whole party wiped, while WHM has a few tools to cover mistakes, that's what make SCH hard and not the mechanics per se.

Question about my level 30 WHM.

If I level THM to 26 can I use swift cast now? Or do I need to be higher level?

I have some low level friends and I prefer to be as setup as possible moving on so if I can make use of swift cast now, I'll go ahead and level it before moving on.

Question about my level 30 WHM.

If I level THM to 26 can I use swift cast now? Or do I need to be higher level?

I have some low level friends and I prefer to be as setup as possible moving on so if I can make use of swift cast now, I'll go ahead and level it before moving on.
Yeah, you can already use Swiftcast as long as you're not synced under level 26. Just set it up on your skills screen.

Yeah, you can already use Swiftcast as long as you're not synced under level 26. Just set it up on your skills screen.

Actually, your sync level doesn't matter in that respect. You can actually use cross class skills before the main jobs can even use them. All that matters is which cross class slot you have it in. The earlier the slot, the lower you will have it available.

Sophia

It is definitely a different style of healing, that's for sure. White Mage is a very straightforward, reactive type of healer. You react to any damage anyone takes. Scholar is more preemptive. Controlling both your own actions and the fairy to prevent a significant amount of damage from happening in the first place. If you're used to one style or the other, I can see how it'd be difficult to adjust.

Actually, your sync level doesn't matter in that respect. You can actually use cross class skills before the main jobs can even use them. All that matters is which cross class slot you have it in. The earlier the slot, the lower you will have it available.

Yup, this is correct. It was quite irritating that my White Mage can't cast Stoneskin in low level content, but the Paladin can. :p

Oh, really? I thought you needed at least the minimum level of the skill to use it, regardless of if you had the slot unlocked or not, good to know.

Taruranto

Paging Elliott and Kagari, somebody just insulted your idol...

A competent SCH is much harder to play, since it requires you to know the boss attacks.

Being new to the game, I can't tell if upgrading to the Digital Collector's Edition is worth $19.99 for these items:

Helm of Light
Baby Behemoth
Behemoth Barding
Fat Chocobo Whistle
Wind-Up Moogle
Coeurl Bell

Anyone have an opinion?

Being new to the game, I can't tell if upgrading to the Digital Collector's Edition is worth $19.99 for these items:

Helm of Light
Baby Behemoth
Behemoth Barding
Fat Chocobo Whistle
Wind-Up Moogle
Coeurl Bell

Anyone have an opinion?

The only one of those that isn't cosmetic is the Helm of Light. If you plan on doing a lot of alternate job leveling, the helm of light is nice, but only really a minor boost in the big scheme of things (it is 10% extra exp for levels 1-10, and it's an okay piece of gear in itself for those levels as well, which you'll likely burn through in a few hours per job, especially if you use other available exp bonuses).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom