• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the hhammers, just i have no clothes to wear when they are equipped, I feel weird like that
Go to the market, there's an NPC vendor that sells low level gear for field classes.

Got a question on non-combat classes (crafting and gathering)... any advice on where to begin there? Seems to be such a wide open choice of things to do, where should a newbie put their focus?
For gathering, just gather stuff and do levequests, you don't need a specific order or anything.
For crafting, first get all classes to 15 for their cross-class skills. Then you can pick your favorite and go with it, or if you really want to be good you get Culinarian to 37.

well atm i'm only a lvl 2 ARM/BLA should i just redo all the recipe levels until i hit level 5? and sell what i make?
That's a valid but slow way.
The most lucrative and fast way is to do crafting leves. It's only lucrative if you level gathering classes in paralell and be self suficient, tough, but the EXP is insane, around 2-4 items crafted per level.

cafemomo

ModBot said:
I am giving away a PSN code for FFXIV ARR + 30 Day free sub. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:
-YOU MUST HAVE A NORTH AMERICAN ACCOUNT FOR THIS CODE TO WORK

FINARU FANTAJI XIV PS4 -- MB-2CEAB69EDC36260D

t1397586583z1.png

Go to the market, there's an NPC vendor that sells low level gear for field classes.

For gathering, just gather stuff and do levequests, you don't need a specific order or anything.
For crafting, first get all classes to 15 for their cross-class skills. Then you can pick your favorite and go with it, or if you really want to be good you get Culinarian to 37.

That's a valid but slow way.
The most lucrative and fast way is to do crafting leves. It's only lucrative if you level gathering classes in paralell and be self suficient, tough, but the EXP is insane, around 2-4 items crafted per level.

where do i find these? i'm in limsa btw

jiggle

Got a question on non-combat classes (crafting and gathering)... any advice on where to begin there? Seems to be such a wide open choice of things to do, where should a newbie put their focus?
crafting:
what is your main fighting job?
you can prioritize crafts in support of it
ie mages will use a lot of cloth crafts for gear
or
prioritize crafts based on the usefulness of their lv15/50 skills

gathering:
pick this based on your crafting
iirc
mining: armorcraft/goldsmith/blacksmith
harvesting: carpenter/alchemy/cooking
fishing: cooking/alchemy

where do i find these? i'm in limsa btw
you unlock leves through the storyline
afterward you can pick them up in the cities and various camps

Virdix

On my phone, what server for NA PS4 users is GAF doing? My physical CE arrives sometime today! Ill edit it if I find it or are we all just split on the ones listed in the OP?

Edit: my materia is pretty huge...

Hedrush

Yay! at last I've got the game downloaded. Basically I couldn't download the game at all to my ps4 over the weekend. Big thanks to SCEE for helping me sort out my download issues today, they where extremely helpful. If only they could pay my phone bill now lol.

Now how do I join an FC? I'm a complete newb to this type of game although I did thoroughly enjoy playing through the beta I had no idea most of the time what I was doing. I'm a lowly level 8 archer just now as it seemed the easiest choice for a newcomer.

Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated.

btkadams

Guess I'll be joining...later this week. Thought the process of upgrading from digital PS3 to digital PS4 would be easier. Turns out you have to download the PS3 version, start the game and then go to Mog Station to do the upgrade. No biggie, but because I never downloaded the PS3 version..I'll have to download it, go to work, return at like 2AM to create a character and everything, to get the upgrade, delete the PS3 version and download the PS4 version.

Oh well. Got the CE for unlike $10 last year anyway. :p
You don't have to create a character to get the upgrade. You just boot the game, login with your square enix account (or create one if you don't have one), and register the game to your account. Then you just go to the mogstation website to do the quick license transfer to PS4.

WolvenOne

Fucking finally, I'm done with this fight.

Congrats, still working on that fight myself.

I feel like I've got the Tanking down, unless I'm missing something fundamental anyway. That said, I also suspect Tanking may actually be one of the easier jobs in that fight.

I mean, swap emnity on king moogle MOG, and try to keep your distance from the bard. Once you get past the initial curveball of how the stacks work, it's pretty simple.

Not sure the same can be said for the DPS and healers though, since there is a ton of stuff to keep track of in that fight

I'm a Lancer at the moment, plan on becoming a Dragoon. Does it matter which Grand Company I join?
In theory you'd want the same GC of your class' city, but in the end it hardly matters so I suggest getting the Limsa GC because they have the coolest Chocobo barding
Is this game cross platform? Do PS4 players play with PC players or is dedicated to each platform?
Everybody plays together

orion434

Can anyone help me with starting Final Fantasy XIV for the PS4? This is for my sister, it won't let her play until she resisters the product. I had her make a Square-enix id and the product registration card says to register at http://member.square-enix.com/na/

This site doesn't exist, there is a membership page instead, but when she tries to put in her square-enix I'd she says it doesn't work? Is there a step by step process online that I can follow to get her to play? I spent an hour with her trying to figure it out.

She has the PS4 Collectors Edition an has a Square-enix account. Please Help :)

Sophia

Can anyone help me with starting Final Fantasy XIV for the PS4? This is for my sister, it won't let her play until she resisters the product. I had her make a Square-exit Id and the product registration card says to register at http://member.square-enix.com/na/

This site doesn't exist, there is a membership page instead, but when she tries to put in her square-enix I'd she says it doesn't work? Is there a step by step process online that I can follow to get her to play? I spent an hour with her trying to figure it out.

She has the PS4 Collectors Edition an has a Square-enix account. Please Help :)

All FFXIV related account information is handled through the MogStation. The "Square-Enix Membership" product registration code has nothing to do with the game, and is not the same as the Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn registration code.

So is crafting really that useful? Seems like my crafts are going to be eclipsed by quest gear anyway.

Is it better to focus on consumables.

supergiz

So is crafting really that useful? Seems like my crafts are going to be eclipsed by quest gear anyway.

It seems not that useful yet. Unless you care about housing or very marginal upgrades to your gear.

But that could all change in the future so who knows

supergiz

BTW has anyone tried this on vita while away from home? Thinking of getting a vita so I can play during work breaks but not sure how much tethering data playing would use up.

Yopis

BTW has anyone tried this on vita while away from home? Thinking of getting a vita so I can play during work breaks but not sure how much tethering data playing would use up.

Yeah doing general quest was fine works well. Don't know if I would do a dungeon though.

orion434

All FFXIV related account information is handled through the MogStation. The "Square-Enix Membership" product registration code has nothing to do with the game, and is not the same as the Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn registration code.

Is the Final Fantasy XIV ARealm Reborn registration code in the box somewhere in the Collector's edition?

I did my dailies today pretty good on Vita at work on my lunch break tethered to my phone. Mining of course is no problem.

I'm sure running low level dungeons would be fine too to level an alt job. Really outside of running Coil and EX Primals I think you can pretty much do anything on Remote Play. It works great.

Streaming the video from your PS4 to your Vita over the mobile network will use a lot of data though. If you are on a capped data plan keep an eye on your usage. Also you'll need a pretty fast mobile connection with good latency, if you have 4G LTE you are good to go.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah doing general quest was fine works well. Don't know if I would do a dungeon though.

I had a pretty good healer in a levi ex farm with me (group ended up with about 5 or 6 kills) last week that claimed he was playing from vita, who knows if that is true or not but I believed him.

SOLDIER

I figure someone here might know: I have my PC hooked up to both a PC monitor and my TV. I was wondering if it was possible to get two different feeds from both monitors? For instance, playing FFXIV on my PC and watching videos saved on my PC from the TV, with sound for both.

While I do have an Apple TV, there are certain things I can't play back or wouldn't play as smoothly versus a direct source. Just wondering if it was possible.

Sophia

And you put that into PSN as a redeem code?

If it's a 12 digit code, yes. I'm not 100% certain on how the PS3/PS4 retail versions go as I bought mine digitally.

If it's a 16 digit code, it's entered once you install the PS4 version.

It should tell you on the back side of that paper what to do. Or in the manual, apparently.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is the Final Fantasy XIV ARealm Reborn registration code in the box somewhere in the Collector's edition?
I got the PS3 digital CE so I didn't have to deal with inputting the code, but looking it up on google it seems like the PS3 retail CE came with a leaflet that included the code. I'm assuming the PS4 CE is packaged similarly.

03nADso.jpg

The one on the left is the one you need in order to play.

jiggle

It's actually pretty useless right now IMO
You outgrow everything do fast and the game throw free shit at you all the way to lv50(from quests, dungeons, leve coffers, and grand company)
Many of which are superior to even HQ crafts

orion434

If it's a 12 digit code, yes. I'm not 100% certain on how the PS3/PS4 retail versions go as I bought mine digitally.

It should tell you on the back side of that paper what to do.

Thank You so much!!! It's very easy to confuse the 2 "registration" codes. Also thanx for the picture, I'll text her now :)

It's actually pretty useless right now IMO
You outgrow everything do fast and the game throw free shit at you all the way to lv50(from quests, dungeons, leves coffers, and grand company)

Yah, so would something like Alchemy be a good choice since it's more reusable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom