• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

Congrats, still working on that fight myself.

I feel like I've got the Tanking down, unless I'm missing something fundamental anyway. That said, I also suspect Tanking may actually be one of the easier jobs in that fight.

I mean, swap emnity on king moogle MOG, and try to keep your distance from the bard. Once you get past the initial curveball of how the stacks work, it's pretty simple.

Not sure the same can be said for the DPS and healers though, since there is a ton of stuff to keep track of in that fight

If you are tanking the PLD, make a macro for the charm move.

It does wonder.

Neverfade

I own the PC Collector's Edition, but my subscription is currently lapsed. If I redeem a PS4 code on the same account will the 30 days included with the PS4 version count for me, or am I ineligible since I had a free 30 with the PC version?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I own the PC Collector's Edition, but my subscription is currently lapsed. If I redeem a PS4 code on the same account will the 30 days included with the PS4 version count for me, or am I ineligible since I had a free 30 with the PC version?
You will get the 30 free days. At least that's what happened to me when I bought the PS3 version and added it to the same account.

Yuripaw

Banned
Alright GAF I finally re-subbed and will probably be on some time this week.

Sorry for my previous disappearance...had some unsavory real life stuff come up and my schedule has been ultra busy, haven't been able to get some play time in until now.

Should I play as my Ockman Volnutt character so people think that we're related? lol

So I upgraded Ps3 -> Ps4 a couple of days ago with no sub, was still able to play. Just checked now and I'm still able to play. Did we get a free month?

Im wondering this exact thing because im in he same boat.

I was expecting for me to not being able to log on to the PS4 version of the game since my sub exp since I dont have a PS3 anymore.

I had my card ready to pay and everything and I just happened to log in…..and it let me in.

But im logging in everyday……and im still playing, as a matter of the fact, the game is on pause right now while I eat and browse gaf for the moment. I also wants to know what's going on.

Bog

Junior Ace
Just bought the ps3 version. What's the trick to upgrading? How many ps3 hoops do I have to jump through before I can just transfer to ps4?

Sugarmonkey

Getting used to playing this with a controller is driving me batty. How do I move the pet hotbar? The touch pad brings up the hand icon, but I haven't found the button that lets me drag it (same for the chat window).

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
84yhuWf.gif

Okay, that's fekkin cool

suzu

dubq

How the heck do you grab the corners of the map and the log to resize in PS4? I can move the mouse over it but I can't seem to figure out which button to press to "grab" it.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Very beginner questions here:

- Do a lot of people try their hand at every craft guild? I've been collecting the lv1 utensils and joining them all to see how far I can get with each.

- I joined the gaf FC, when I want to run a dungeon what's the best way to find people? And besides community, is there anything to the FC?

Frazley

Please help me GAF!

I played Anarchy Online, SW:Galaxies, WoW, CoH. Should I play this?

I am hesitant to because of the potential timesink and I do like playing by myself a lot.

Should I play or avoid?

Very beginner questions here:

- Do a lot of people try their hand at every craft guild? I've been collecting the lv1 utensils and joining them all to see how far I can get with each.
Crafting also has cross-class skills, so most crafters level them all.

- I joined the gaf FC, when I want to run a dungeon what's the best way to find people? And besides community, is there anything to the FC?
The best way to find people is to speak in the FC chat.
We have a company chest that we can use to share items between us, a mansion with vendors and repairman, and our officers always activate FC-wide buffs that give us a teleport discount, extra EXP and the like.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Where's the GAF mansion?

Gaz_RB

The reason you guys without subs are allowed to continue playing is because this early access time is like a grey zone. At midnight tonight you will be kicked out.

Teknoman

Please help me GAF!

I played Anarchy Online, SW:Galaxies, WoW, CoH. Should I play this?

I am hesitant to because of the potential timesink and I do like playing by myself a lot.

Should I play or avoid?

You can knock out things solo most of the time, but there will be some spots where you need a party to proceed.

mstevens

Ok - Got all set up on PS4 and into the GAF guild. I'm a level 28 THM who doesn't know anything, but hit me up in game if you'd like to play together! I definitely would like to meet some people. My in game name is Reno Wilder.

george_us

Does anyone know the piano piece that plays when you step into Thanalan from the Gate of Nald? It's absolutely gorgeous. I keep running back and forth between areas just to hear it.

Metaroo

... so whats up with people shitting on melee dps? Feels pretty bad to get disrespected, even after getting 1st/2nd in DPS as a MNK in a majority of my coil and CT runs. Anyone else know them feels?

Ken

... so whats up with people shitting on melee dps? Feels pretty bad to get disrespected, even after getting 1st/2nd in DPS as a MNK in a majority of my coil and CT runs. Anyone else know them feels?

people just jealous cause they got rejected from school of bookey

XJF

My PS4 CE came in today! I'll be jumping into this as soon as I finish getting the Plat in FFX-2. Loved the Betas this game had on PS3. Didn't play too much of the PS4 betas.

Dead

well not really...yet
So the square enix account ID I made when I registered for the first PS4 beta doesnt seem to exist anymore, and loading the game into my PS4, it wont let me choose another account to log in to at the log in screen. Its locked to that original account that I cant seem to find any trace of anymore, though I linked it to PSN...

what the fuck am I supposed to do?

Hawk269

Anyone got any PS4 impressions? Is it 1080p? How is the frame rate? I played it on PC, but rather go the PS4 route, so just curious on how it turned out.

Pollux

What's the point if crafting? Is there an AH system like WoW?

Is there any point to fishing other than relaxation?

dubq

So the square enix account ID I made when I registered for the first PS4 beta doesnt seem to exist anymore, and loading the game into my PS4, it wont let me choose another account to log in to at the log in screen. Its locked to that original account that I cant seem to find any trace of anymore, though I linked it to PSN...

what the fuck am I supposed to do?

Was that Beta 1 or Beta 2? I believe that only characters from Beta 2 were available to port over to the full release game..

Dead

well not really...yet
Was that Beta 1 or Beta 2? I believe that only characters from Beta 2 were available to port over to the full release game..
beta 1

atm im deleting all data pertaining to FFXIV from teh beta to see if that fixes it...

yep...cant even play the game. The log in screen is locked to this square enix id that I made during the beta that I cant figure out what happened to it. No way to change it...the fuck

edit: holy shit, found the account info. No clue what happened lol, but I had two accounts linked to the same email...or something

Gaz_RB

What's the point if crafting? Is there an AH system like WoW?

Is there any point to fishing other than relaxation?

There is an auction house and a fairly decent market for low level high quality stuff because of the new PS4 homies.

Fishing provides resources for crafters

Jacobbles

What's the deal with full servers? I have friends trying to make characters on Ultros and Cactuar who can't get in. How long should this take to fix? Are we talking days, or should they keep hammering the refresh button on the world list?

Aeana

What's the deal with full servers? I have friends trying to make characters on Ultros and Cactuar who can't get in. How long should this take to fix? Are we talking days, or should they keep hammering the refresh button on the world list?

They change around the new character creation blocks every few hours, to even out the load.

MogCakes

Keep hammering. It's launch day, so there is a massive influx of players. Especially for Ultros, which has apparently established itself as the premiere NA server for whatever reason (Gilgamesh being the other I'd think).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom