• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk269

I played this on and off on the PC. I still have time left on my monthly account, but want to play it on the PS4. Can I use the same subscription for the PS4 version? And is there voice chat in the PS4 version?

supergiz

I did my dailies today pretty good on Vita at work on my lunch break tethered to my phone. Mining of course is no problem.

I'm sure running low level dungeons would be fine too to level an alt job. Really outside of running Coil and EX Primals I think you can pretty much do anything on Remote Play. It works great.

Streaming the video from your PS4 to your Vita over the mobile network will use a lot of data though. If you are on a capped data plan keep an eye on your usage. Also you'll need a pretty fast mobile connection with good latency, if you have 4G LTE you are good to go.

How much data have you been using up on your phone playing? Just trying to get an idea

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
You had to register it to play the game. Isn't there an envelope icon in the upper right of your screen?

no there isn't. I was in the early access so i did not have the CE code yet because it just arrived today.

this is insane, i am trying to google how to register this code. I put it on my ps4, it said something about collectors edition then disappeared WTF

Syn1102

Neo Member
Whats wrong with the Map System? I try to activate a quest on the map, but the game wont show me the waypoint? Is there a way that I klick on a quest and the game shows me on the minimap where I have to go? :)

Sophia

Whats wrong with the Map System? I try to activate a quest on the map, but the game wont show me the waypoint? Is there a way that I klick on a quest and the game shows me on the minimap where I have to go? :)

I think we've answered this question a million times, but here goes.... If you're in the zone the quest is in, the "Map" option in your journal will take you to the exact location of the quest in the zone. If you are not in the zone, it will instead show you the zone it is in on the world map, and you can hit R1 on that location to see where it is in the zone.

The actual waypoints are automatically on your minimap. Marking them in the menu just puts them to the top of the duty finder list currently.

neojubei

Anyone having issues with entering the code to register the collector's edition? Do i have to enter the code on the ps4 or some square enix website. I re-entered the code on the ps4 and its invalid. This is so unfair there are no instructions

Hawk269

How is the PS4 version compared to the PC version? Any impressions as of yet? I asked earlier, but how do you communicate with other players on the PS4 version?

Thanks!

It's actually pretty useless right now IMO
You outgrow everything do fast and the game throw free shit at you all the way to lv50(from quests, dungeons, leve coffers, and grand company)
Many of which are superior to even HQ crafts

Ironically HQ craft gear sell quite well. I've been doing that for extra money for a while with good success.

system11

Anyone having issues with entering the code to register the collector's edition? Do i have to enter the code on the ps4 or some square enix website. I re-entered the code on the ps4 and its invalid. This is so unfair there are no instructions

Stupidly you have to register at Square Enix's site, registering doesn't really appear to do anything - I assume you mean the code which isn't 12 digits. URL is printed on the bit of paper, it kept giving me 502 errors for a while...

Syn1102

Neo Member
I think we've answered this question a million times, but here goes.... If you're in the zone the quest is in, the "Map" option in your journal will take you to the exact location of the quest in the zone. If you are not in the zone, it will instead show you the zone it is in on the world map, and you can hit R1 on that location to see where it is in the zone.

The actual waypoints are automatically on your minimap. Marking them in the menu just puts them to the top of the duty finder list currently.

Thanks!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I played this on and off on the PC. I still have time left on my monthly account, but want to play it on the PS4. Can I use the same subscription for the PS4 version? And is there voice chat in the PS4 version?
You can use the same sub/account, but you'll need to purchase a copy of the PS4 version to get a PS4 license or a PS3 copy and then transfer the license to the PS4 version.

AFAICT, there's no in game voice chat in the PS4 version.

no there isn't. I was in the early access so i did not have the CE code yet because it just arrived today.
AFAICT, PS3/4 CE codes are inputted into the PS Store. Register your product code here if you haven't done so on your PS4 and then click here to make sure you have the CE tied to your account.

It should look something like this if everything is correct.

E9dpGqX.png

Then its just a matter of logging into the game and looking for the Moogle Delivery in town to receive your in game rewards.

system11

I am without keyboard at the moment, apparently a party of 2 is needed for this seasonal event mission, is anyone else needing to do that still? I'm level 20 but it didn't say anything about requirements.

neojubei

You can use the same sub/account, but you'll need to purchase a copy of the PS4 version to get a PS4 license or a PS3 copy and then transfer the license to the PS4 version.

AFAICT, there's no in game voice chat in the PS4 version.

AFAICT, PS3/4 CE codes are inputted into the PS Store. Register your product code here if you haven't done so on your PS4 and then click here to make sure you have the CE tied to your account.

It should look something like this if everything is correct.

E9dpGqX.png

Then its just a matter of logging into the game and looking for the Moogle Delivery in town to receive your in game rewards.

I deleted the game and reinstalling it. I dont know what else to do. ok now it seems to be working. finally.

system11

i dont know that second link goes to some japanese sony website. Under my account services on the ps4 its there, if that is what you mean. I deleted the game and reinstalling it. I dont know what else to do

Which code are you trying to use? Collectors edition comes with two.

1) Enter in PSN store under redeem codes, this is the XXXX-XXXX-XXXX one. Then fire up the client and go through the Squeenix account login part and it will start asking you about which accounts to link (at least if you played the beta, that's how it worked for me).

2) Enter on member.eu.square-enix.com (probably varies depending on region), this is the XXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXX code. It's just a product registration, not a game license/signup one.

Zomba13

whats the best way to get money early on?

Best way is to play through the story, do quests and fates. Don't really need money to be honest. At end game all loot of worth is dropped or bought with specific currency (myth and soldiery tomes).

Only things I've spent money on lately are vanity items (cool looking equips and glamour prisms) and teleports.

Oh, and materials to level up a crafting job.

Once you get a 50 there is plenty of money via Duty Roulette and challenge log.

neojubei

Which code are you trying to use? Collectors edition comes with two.

1) Enter in PSN store under redeem codes, this is the XXXX-XXXX-XXXX one. Then fire up the client and go through the Squeenix account login part and it will start asking you about which accounts to link (at least if you played the beta, that's how it worked for me).

2) Enter on member.eu.square-enix.com (probably varies depending on region), this is the XXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXX code. It's just a product registration, not a game license/signup one.

I just deleted everything and restalled the disc and now it shows up.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
i dont know that second link goes to some japanese sony website. Under my account services on the ps4 its there, if that is what you mean. I deleted the game and reinstalling it. I dont know what else to do
It was a link to the Media tab on the SEN site, pretty much the same thing as the account services on the PS4.

If the CE is already on your account services list then that's it. There's no download or install for it, it's just a flag on your account that ties the CE to your SE account when you log in. Just boot up the game after you reinstall it and look for the moogle in town to get your mail with the CE rewards.

Jetman

What are you PS4 users using to chat? Is it possible to use a keyboard/ controller set up as opposed to keyboard/mouse? The controller seems surprisingly intuitive for the game, but when I start filling up on more abilities and do dungeons, it seems like it wouldn't be as efficient if not impossible...

What are you PS4 users using to chat? Is it possible to use a keyboard/ controller set up as opposed to keyboard/mouse? The controller seems surprisingly intuitive for the game, but when I start filling up on more abilities and do dungeons, it seems like it wouldn't be as efficient if not impossible...

I'm using a bluetooth keyboard to chat. Haven't tried using a keyboard/controller setup yet, not sure if that is possible. Been playing the game with the controller and using keyboard to chat.

I use the gamepad to play and a USB keyboard to type.

Controller is fine for gameplay if you practice.

Sophia

I drag out a wired keyboard (planning to get a wireless keyboard soon) for chat. I play exclusively on the Dualshock 4, even on PC. It works fine for any class, really...

system11

I just snapped trying to use the pad to type and 'borrowed' a keyboard ;)

What I'd like to try is a wireless (with receiver) type with a built in trackball, I used to have one when I played PSU (although the mouse part did nothing). It's be interesting if that works on the PS4.

jiggle

Ironically HQ craft gear sell quite well. I've been doing that for extra money for a while with good success.
yeah same lol

Yah, so would something like Alchemy be a good choice since it's more reusable?
not really...
potion becomes way less useful as you level up, save for a few oh shit moments
and the game gives you enough freebies for times like that
you do want lv15 alchemy's amazing skill though
cooking makes a better consumable craft imo

blackflag

Horsebirds? that must be chocobo.

I asked my son what it looked like when I first got it and he said "duh daddy thats a duckhorse'...so that's it's name.

Jetman

Nice, nice, well seems like there are a lot of options for this. Glad that I can use my wired keyboard with a controller. Wireless keyboard sounds like the way to go for living room play in the long run though.
Slid into Ultros server so once I learn the controls a bit better, I'll fill out entry stuff for the GAF guild :)

Yuripaw

Banned
I dunno if anyone else has reported similar problems, but I did the PS3 to PS4 upgrade for the game, and I followed all the steps on SE's site, but I'm still running into some weird issue. So like, they give you a code to redeem on PSN, I assume this is just a code so it shows you purchased the game on PSN for PS4, yet everytime I try to enter the code, it says it's been redeemed. It still comes up on the store as "buy for $39.99" also, instead of saying I've already purchased the game.

A few days ago, I was able to use the beta client to sign in and play the game with my account, but I haven't tried it today yet. My SE account does show i did the PS4 upgrade, but PSN still doesnt seem to show it properly, and it shows that I own the game on PS3, and not on PS4.

Aeana

Horsebirds? that must be chocobo.

I asked my son what it looked like when I first got it and he said "duh daddy thats a duckhorse'...so that's it's name.

During 1.0, in the Japanese client, in the interest of making things seem more exotic/flavorful, chocobos were called 馬鳥 (horsebird), so that's where that comes from. Japanese players objected and they changed them back to chocobos.

Gaz_RB

What I'd like to try is a wireless (with receiver) type with a built in trackball, I used to have one when I played PSU (although the mouse part did nothing). It's be interesting if that works on the PS4.

I've got this wireless keyboard with a trackpad. It works amazingly with the PS4.

mstevens

I just resubbed my account for the PS4 version. I haven't played in a few months and it appears I've been removed from the GAF Free Company probably due to inactivity.. Would anyone be able to reinstate me? My character's name is Reno Wilder.

phierce

I've got this wireless keyboard with a trackpad. It works amazingly with the PS4.
I use this and it works great.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Is the Square log-in down? Trying to register a PS3 copy to update to PS4 and not getting a response.

Mr. RHC

Ok, since it's the official launch, welcome again, PS4 players. Enjoy and stick around and see that Final Fantasy is very much alive with FF XIV : A Realm Reborn!

FTxEvlj.gif

Alright GAF I finally re-subbed and will probably be on some time this week.

Sorry for my previous disappearance...had some unsavory real life stuff come up and my schedule has been ultra busy, haven't been able to get some play time in until now.

Ken

Alright GAF I finally re-subbed and will probably be on some time this week.

Sorry for my previous disappearance...had some unsavory real life stuff come up and my schedule has been ultra busy, haven't been able to get some play time in until now.

it's rock volnutt!

Pop

So I upgraded Ps3 -> Ps4 a couple of days ago with no sub, was still able to play. Just checked now and I'm still able to play. Did we get a free month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom