• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D23

This game is slowly taking over my life.... FF11 all over again.. which is not good... Damn responsibilities

Since I've progressed a little further in the game than I did in the Phase 1 beta, I have a few questions

1. Just got access to creating my own retainer. I didn't know that customizing a retainer would require loading my character saved data. Would it make a difference if I didn't load my character data when creating my retainer? Also, when I said yes to loading my character data, it not only included my current character data, but also included a save data from my Phase 1 character. That shouldn't be a big deal, right?

2. Since I got access to the retainer, how much longer should it be until I get to join a grand company?

3. Now that I have two mounts from the Collector's Edition, I should be able to use the mounts without having to complete a specific quest, right?

Noi

Since I've progressed a little further in the game than I did in the Phase 1 beta, I have a few questions

1. Just got access to creating my own retainer. I didn't know that customizing a retainer would require loading my character saved data. Would it make a difference if I didn't load my character data when creating my retainer? Also, when I said yes to loading my character data, it not only included my current character data, but also included a save data from my Phase 1 character. That shouldn't be a big deal, right?

2. Since I got access to the retainer, how much longer should it be until I get to join a grand company?

3. Now that I have two mounts from the Collector's Edition, I should be able to use the mounts without having to complete a specific quest, right?

1. Retainers can use character data saved, but you can opt to not do so and just make one from scratch right then and there.

2. You'll join a Grand Company soon after you do your first Primal fight as part of the story.

3. No, you still need to obtain your company Chocobo before you can use any mount. You can get the quest to do so by talking to your grand company commander after joining one.

Semper88

as a former WoW player i miss a bit of interactions with NPC's, no feed back at all.

and by the gods, where are there main story voices.. they pop up here and there and its like totally random.

Yuripaw

Banned
I might be back on board with this game, I've messed around with some quests again on the PS4 version, and I didn't know I'd have this guy waiting for me when I logged in again! lol

1547970_10151988724581174_3313134126673582034_o.jpg

Artorias

Banned
Did I get some playtime for upgrading PS3-PS4? I haven't had an active account for months..it even says inactive at Mog Station, but its allowing me to log in. I'm on my main character and everything.

Yuripaw

Banned
Did I get some playtime for upgrading PS3-PS4? I haven't had an active account for months..it even says inactive at Mog Station, but its allowing me to log in. I'm on my main character and everything.

Same here. I haven't paid for the fee in months since around the time the PS3 version came out, and when I did the upgrade to PS4, it still says it's inactive, but I am still able to log in on PS4 just fine.

fernoca

You don't have to create a character to get the upgrade. You just boot the game, login with your square enix account (or create one if you don't have one), and register the game to your account. Then you just go to the mogstation website to do the quick license transfer to PS4.
Awesome! Thanks!
Just came back from work, game was finishing installing on PS3. After a quick update, went to the Mog site, linked accounts, got my code and downloading now on PS4. :)

Artorias

Banned
Same here. I haven't paid for the fee in months since around the time the PS3 version came out, and when I did the upgrade to PS4, it still says it's inactive, but I am still able to log in on PS4 just fine.

Wow, now I'm scared to log out! Are you missing trophies? That's the only thing I notice that seems to not be working.

Yuripaw

Banned
Wow, now I'm scared to log out! Are you missing trophies? That's the only thing I notice that seems to not be working.

I haven't gained any trophies since I have played the PS4 version, but it shares trophies with the PS3 version, so it's still showing I've earned some.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I know this has been asked before (probably even by me) - but i just want to be sure before i pull the trigger. I wanr to play this game on PS4 and started a character in Beta 2. So the Standard version of the games is 35€ on PSN (PS4 version), while the PC version is around 16€ on GMG

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/de/en/pc/games/mmos/final-fantasy-xiv-realm-reborn/#item-s5

Am i missing something when just buying/activating the PC version instead of the PS4 one ?

cw_sasuke

You cannot play on ps4 by buying the pc version
But your character from ps4 beta will be available to you on pc

Damn - thanks for clearing that up. I really thought this was - 1 account and you can play on every device with it, since they all use the same server. Weird.

So the cheapest way, not owning a PS3, would be just to get the PS4 version then ? Then i`ll order the retail copy from amazon since its 10€ cheaper than the PSN price.

Damn - thanks for clearing that up. I really thought this was - 1 account and you can play on every device with it, since they all use the same server. Weird.

So the cheapest way, not owning a PS3, would be just to get the PS4 version then ? Then i`ll order the retail copy from amazon since its 10€ cheaper than the PSN price.

You only need one subscription for all 3 platforms, but you have to buy each game client individually.

nikos

I've complained about this before, but it really sucks that WHMs are losing a ton of Piety with the new gear.

I'm only buying Soldiery gear that's best in slot for now, hoping that my High Allagan stuff will drop in the coming weeks.

Which ring did you guys replace with Daystar first, Allagan or Vortex? If I keep Vortex, I gain 11 Spell Speed (affects my cures by 0.01s) and 3 DET over Allagan. With Allagan, I get 12 PIE, which translates to 95 mana. I think I'd rather have the PIE, since I'm going to lose it when I replace other items, but don't feel right giving up 11 SS and 3 DET. Then again, equipping back and forth seems to make almost no difference, so I might keep the ring that gives me more mana.

For what it's worth, I have a full DET build. I know I'm obsessing.

cw_sasuke

You only need one subscription for all 3 platforms, but you have to buy each game client individually.

Okay i get it - it sucks but on the other hand why would you ever get the PS4 version when you could just get the PC version for cheap. Guess there is no need for the PC version than if i just wanna play on PS4.

IMBored

Is level 35ish where the game starts to up the difficulty? Just did my first run of Qarn yesterday (with randoms), we wiped four times and only beat the adjudicator in the final minute allowed. Before this I don't think I had ever died in a dungeon.
Also, today I'll have to focus and continue with the main quests, I keep getting sidetracked.

Is level 35ish where the game starts to up the difficulty? Just did my first run of Qarn yesterday (with randoms), we wiped four times and only beat the adjudicator in the final minute allowed. Before this I don't think I had ever died in a dungeon.
Also, today I'll have to focus and continue with the main quests, I keep getting sidetracked.

Brayfox is the first challenging 4P dungeon, so yeah, about that level things start getting more difficult and dungeons require more strategy other than tank&spank. The worst place for pre-lv50 dungeon imo is Aurum Vale. Goddamn that place I never want to go there again. But I heard it got nerfed so I don't know how it is now.

Remember guys, you can get two Expert DR's in one day (Or two of any roulette of your choosing) if you do one after weekly reset but before the daily one which comes 8 hours later.

Eusis

Fuck's sake, this dumb game needs to quit putting trash mobs near quest/fate stuff. Especially since the early 40s Main Quest chain is irritating and the last thing I want to do is deal with crocs. Probably the one time I shut a game off out of irritation without actually LOSING or anything, it's just like if for some reason you could get a random encounter while talking to an NPC in an RPG or something equally absurd.

I've complained about this before, but it really sucks that WHMs are losing a ton of Piety with the new gear.

I'm only buying Soldiery gear that's best in slot for now, hoping that my High Allagan stuff will drop in the coming weeks.

Which ring did you guys replace with Daystar first, Allagan or Vortex? If I keep Vortex, I gain 11 Spell Speed (affects my cures by 0.01s) and 3 DET over Allagan. With Allagan, I get 12 PIE, which translates to 95 mana. I think I'd rather have the PIE, since I'm going to lose it when I replace other items, but don't feel right giving up 11 SS and 3 DET. Then again, equipping back and forth seems to make almost no difference, so I might keep the ring that gives me more mana.

You could always go the crafted route and just meld a TON of piety materia into it, thinking of doing that for my WHM.

IMBored

Brayfox is the first challenging 4P dungeon, so yeah, about that level things start getting more difficult and dungeons require more strategy other than tank&spank. The worst place for pre-lv50 dungeon imo is Aurum Vale. Goddamn that place I never want to go there again. But I heard it got nerfed so I don't know how it is now.

You mean there's more strategy than getting behind a random enemy and shooting him? I actually used mage's ballad on that dungeon, I felt so smart :)
Kiding aside, while I don't think Quarn was that hard most fights had mechanics that required some coordination, which we didn't have. I was sad that I was mid dungeon when a FC member asked for a dps for Quarn.

Remember guys, you can get two Expert DR's in one day (Or two of any roulette of your choosing) if you do one after weekly reset but before the daily one which comes 8 hours later.

Is there any site that shows the timers for daily, weekly stuff on Ultros? I know that you can see some of that in the game but there's so much stuff I want to plan ahead what I should do.

Vashetti

Banned
So I upgraded Ps3 -> Ps4 a couple of days ago with no sub, was still able to play. Just checked now and I'm still able to play. Did we get a free month?

Oh really? Can anyone else verify this? I'm not at my PS4 right now.

I thought the upgrade just gave us Early Access which should have run out yesterday.

Jetman

Is there a way to quick select the nearest enemy by you for attack on PS4 controller or is the directional toggle the only way to do this? During a few FATES when shit got hectic and enemies were sprinting around, I just want to start wailing on something as soon as possible to help out without having to cycle through available enemies as slow as humanly possible.

Just finished a dungeon with a tank who actually marked targets. I don't see that very often... (I'm in my mid 20s acn, going for summoner). It's refreshing and love how it helps coordinate attacks among party members. Wish people used it more often

ViciousDS

Banned
playing PS4 with mouse and keyboard.....sssooo goood. Also cannot believe how many PS4 players there are, its awesome to see people just want to group up and voice chat.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Fucking Finally....

wTXqTE2l.jpg

xmO7sr9l.jpg

166th Platinum, Damn! chased this Platinum the longest! (7 months, 2 Weeks)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Just finished a dungeon with a tank who actually marked targets. I don't see that very often... (I'm in my mid 20s acn, going for summoner). It's refreshing and love how it helps coordinate attacks among party members. Wish people used it more often

What do you mean marked targets? I usually play as a tank and try to focus most of the monsters in my direction with flash. Luckily in the last 2 dungeons and the ifrit battle I had good healers.

What do you mean marked targets? I usually play as a tank and try to focus most of the monsters in my direction with flash. Luckily in the last 2 dungeons and the ifrit battle I had good healers.

As a tank, you have the option of marking your targets with numbers, like if you want a dps to focus down on a certain target first or what not. Otherwise dps tend to just...go zombie like and attack whatever they deem a threat.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

You can mark targets with Icons or #'s

This way you can tell your party to concentrate on which mob first

Marking helps crazy DPS players from hitting every mob, if you mark a mob Target #1, then that's the one they should concentrate on first, then the one with a 2, 3, 4, etc.

I do it on trio+ mob pull and mark a {1} on what I think should die first, mostly the one that would do an AOE attack or constantly hit's like a truck

You can mark targets with symbols. Just puts a little symbol over an enemies head so people know who to attack first.

Also, it's so nice to read all the silly stuff you guys talk about in the Ultros gaf guild. <3 makes even tedious things like fate grinding not so boring lol

ssjali

I used the early access beta code on friday and I am still able to play without entering the codes from the box. Am I the only one? My account is shown as inactive in the mogry station. Weird...

Alex

Honestly, gear is pretty terrible on the whole, literally some of the most uninspired I've seen in any game. I genuinely hope for some big changes in the future with their iffy itemization.

It's one thing that there are zero systems for customization right now, they have a lot to work out yet still without some of the loops that could throw but they should at least make up for it with semi appealing equipment. Some set bonuses, some unqiue stats, some procs, some vaguely interesting stats... anything other than fighting to stack gear just by virtue of using what is the "least bad".

plake

That lore video was epic. I didn't know about the teleporting away the 12 WoL, so that kind of opens up to all kinds of theories!

Phlebas

Banned
That lore video was perfect.

As an aside, what are we marking as spoilers in this thread since the games been out for 7 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom