• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SeaDnwY.png

pvp gear i'll never get

but we dark souls now

I was just thinking that I suddenly want to do PvP so I can be the Ornstein of FFXIV.

After a few months.

Once everyone else has got it.

bVUCBRO.jpg

Taruranto

New tomes gears will be 100 while Coil will be 110, uh? Sounds good, it didn't make much sense before.

Though with the way itemization works in this game is kinda worrying (What happens if Coil gears have SS, we SCH get fucked?)

Isaccard

New tomes gears will be 100 while Coil will be 110, uh? Sounds good, it didn't make much sense before.

Though with the way itemization works in this game is kinda worrying (What happens if Coil gears has SS, we SCH get fucked?)

Gotta cast Adloquiom fast

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Though with the way itemization works in this game is kinda worrying (What happens if Coil gears have SS, we SCH get fucked?)

I just hope the loot distribution isn't garbage this time around as one of the people who got screwed by RNG in the original Coil.

Ken

meh, after coil part 1, i'm not gonna stress over a difference of 10 ilevels for clearing coil. i'll just work on getting what looks the best and taking whatever drops from coil as it comes.

Alex

It's a shame how very fun and engaging crafting is in this game but how utterly useless and completely void of common sense 2/3rds of the actual production is.

That's typically the story with modern MMO crafting, to an extent but it's even worse in here. Alchemy in particular is a disaster, I just look at the high end recipes and laugh.

It's a shame how really fun and engaging crafting is in this game but how utterly useless and completely void of common sense 2/3rds of the actual production is.

That's typically the story with modern MMO crafting to an extent but it's even worse in here. Alchemy in particular is a disaster. I just look at the high end recipes and laugh.

Can't be worse than CUL, which requires an encyclopedia of ingredients.

Aeana

You may have spoken too soon. :p
Well, what he said just 5 minutes ago makes no sense now.

Either way, I feel like incentivizing tank leveling is all well and good, but they also need to incentivize actually playing one at 50. Lots of people have level 50 tanks that they don't play.

Sophia

this smells like re-used assets (there's that bear from the new dungeon) but i'll take what I can get I guess.

I have to finish leveling warrior now. I used to play a bear tank in World of Warcraft all the time, and this is perfect. XD

Taruranto

Good thing I already leveled WAR, so I can pick the mount without touching the class ever again.

meh, after coil part 1, i'm not gonna stress over a difference of 10 ilevels for clearing coil. i'll just work on getting what looks the best and taking whatever drops from coil as it comes.

It's not level that bothers me as much as people inflating iLevel to beat content.

Coil T6 iLevel110 [Looking for Member]

Crafted gears should have been 105 or so to better fill the gap.

Aeana

Yass, my very own Kimba.

Good thing I already leveled WAR, so I can pick the mount without touching the class ever again.

It's not level that bothers me as much as people inflating iLevel to beat content.

I thought you dropped all of your gear and quit.

Ken

to be fair, i90 is probably not a safe ilevel anymore for assuring decent players with myth cap removal.

----

well, as a tank main I guess these mounts are an added, long overdue bonus :p

desu

With 110 being the new highest armor level, that would have been just stupid. i90 crafted gear is just fine. With i105 crafted there would be reason for tombstone gear etc.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
No dragoon mount that is a dead wyvern on a stick, quitting this shitty game. Also, Windows Powerpoint confirmed for 2.2.

Alex

Can't be worse than CUL, which requires an encyclopedia of ingredients.

Culinarian materials are indeed a bit excessive, but it is still quite useful at all walks. I use it and Goldsmith the most often.

Alchemy is like... it just makes me just laugh and shake my head. It is a complete fucking mess, outside of INT and DEX pots the scant few other passable consumables require difficulty and materials far, far beyond what would any sane person would consider. It all feels like it was done by the 1.0 monkeys then never touched again.

Alchemy is usually one of the crafts that MMO devs always get right. It was extremely good at every point of WoW's existence, for example. So it's utterly boggling that it's so awkward here, especially in a series that used to have a big heritage for these consumables.

At least you look really slick in your outfit, I suppose. Alchemy has like the best costume in the game.

Sophia

Culinarian materials are indeed a bit excessive, but it is still quite useful at all walks. I use it and Goldsmith the most often.

Alchemy is like... it just makes me just laugh and shake my head. It is a complete fucking mess, outside of INT and DEX pots the only passable consumables require difficulty and materials far, far beyond what would any sane person would consider. It all feels like it was done by 1.0 monkeys then never touched again.

Alchemy is usually one of the crafts that MMO devs always get right. It was extremely good at every point of WoW's existence, for example.

At least you look really slick in your armor, I suppose.

Alchemy was one of those professions in WoW you could always rely on. It actually kept up with you as you leveled, and always gave you a nice benefit no matter what class or role you played.

I wish more MMO professions were like that. I feel like a lot of MMOs make crafting always behind whatever you can get from leveling. FFXIV is especially bad due to the time it takes you to farm all the materials yourself.

the best opening to a fight of course!

Number one way to incur my wrath in my party!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom