• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, all minions are just vanity items and one day I hope they'll be able to be called in dungeons again :(.

At 125 pages I'm sure it's been said, but just in case. The SE Security Token app as far as I know is free and I'd highly recommend getting it if you have a smart phone. Not too long ago there was a hide range of hacks, and then another smaller round after that. It took some people up to two months to get their accounts back. If you have the ability to get the token for free I'd highly advise getting one.

So i made an account on the Square Enix services thing, this is what you use to log into the game right? if thats the case then all i need to do now is install the game on my ps4

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
just checking again for the new page that people have been able to play the end game with a controller + keyboard combo with zero problems. Really wanting to give up my mouse+keyboard setup in front of the TV... controller was perfectly fine 1-14 or so.. last two levels I've been doing mouse.

Welp. Thanks for the insight guys, but I remain as confused as ever. At least tank seems to be out (I think).

After a little more reading it seems a hybrid approach might be better? The first 2 skills for all the classes are apparently too good to pass up and make for better real world utility than just maximizing a single class.

Aaaarg it's a shame you can't respec since I won't put a single point into anything before figuring out exactly what my build will look like.

WolvenOne

After a little more reading it seems a hybrid approach might be better? The first 2 skills for all the classes are apparently too good to pass up and make for better real world utility than just maximizing a single class.

Aaaarg it's a shame you can't respec since I won't put a single point into anything before figuring out exactly what my build will look like.

You can re-spec your bonus attribute points actually, you just need an item from the Grand Company Venders. It's a rather expensive item, so you probably won't have the Seals for it until endgame. Still, if you make a mistake that's a very viable means of making corrections.

jorgeton

just checking again for the new page that people have been able to play the end game with a controller + keyboard combo with zero problems. Really wanting to give up my mouse+keyboard setup in front of the TV... controller was perfectly fine 1-14 or so.. last two levels I've been doing mouse.

I play exclusively with the DualShock (ps3) as a MNK, and lvl 50. I have the KB for chat. It works really well. I have my main hotbar with my 16 most used battle skills, then 16 of my other best battle skills assigned to the trigger shortcuts (holding down R2 then L2 brings up 8, and holding down L2 then R2 brings out the other 8). have had no problem.

Once you start levelling up your subclasses it gets a little tricky deciding where to map the cross class skills, but I find that I just don't use some skills as much and don't bother to assign them to any of the shortcuts. I have all my field skills (teleport, mount, sprint) on a separate bar that I access by pressing R1.

It takes a little bit of practice and fumbling around with the presets, but playing the endgame with a pad is totally doable IMO.

Cad-Monkey

Neo Member
Just wanted to drop in and say hello. I got approved for the gaf fc last night on ultros and I hope to run in to you all at some point. I'm an mmo newb (first one) and only a level 6 archer, so don't take offense if I respond slow as I fumble with the controls. :)

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I play exclusively with the DualShock (ps3) as a MNK, and lvl 50. I have the KB for chat. It works really well. I have my main hotbar with my 16 most used battle skills, then 16 of my other best battle skills assigned to the trigger shortcuts (holding down R2 then L2 brings up 8, and holding down L2 then R2 brings out the other 8). have had no problem.

Once you start levelling up your subclasses it gets a little tricky deciding where to map the cross class skills, but I find that I just don't use some skills as much and don't bother to assign them to any of the shortcuts. I have all my field skills (teleport, mount, sprint) on a separate bar that I access by pressing R1.

It takes a little bit of practice and fumbling around with the presets, but playing the endgame with a pad is totally doable IMO.
Having separate hotbars for sheathed and unsheathed (as well as turning off auto-sheath) is essential too. Having all non-battle hotbars easily accessible out of combat is very convenient.

Soi-Fong

Almost LV 24 for my THM!! Soo close to 26 for Swiftcast for my main White Mage. Then will switch to my LV 22 ACN and try to level it up to 34 to get Eye for an Eye.

Kenai

I'll invest in an inhaler.

Edit: So, attacker, healer or defender for Chocobo?

What is your main job/main for soloing? Pick a spec to accommodate that. Or if you don't care, go for the one that has your favorite barding look at the end.

I like using my SCH by far the most (plus I am in it most of the time for Animus mobs and FATEs) so i did Attacker. it hits fairly hard and Eos heals it like any other party member so it works out pretty good.

MogCakes

My chocobo is a hybrid. Hybrids are frowned upon but hell I've always had hybrid builds. Only exception right now is XIV because the classes are so rigid.

Not sure how effective my bird is but he sure looks damn cool while he bird kicks, heals, and draws aggro on occasion.

As a SMN, chocobo w/cure + Titan-egi = full party.

WolvenOne

Simultaenously healing and DPSing Titan HM was quite the thrill rush, and now I understand why I like Scholar so much.

Speaking of which, I did my Trial Roulette before work today and got Titan HM. So glad to see that random people can finally one shot that fight. XD

For the longest time it was, agony, regardless of the gear or echo or whatnot.

suzu

So where does Leviathan and Moggle King rank in difficulty in comparison to the other Extreme mode primals? I haven't tried them yet.

Kenai

My chocobo is a hybrid. Hybrids are frowned upon but hell I've always had hybrid builds. Only exception right now is XIV because the classes are so rigid.

Not sure how effective my bird is but he sure looks damn cool while he bird kicks, heals, and draws aggro on occasion.

As a SMN, chocobo w/cure + Titan-egi = full party.

There's 2 problems with Hybrid-ing it; it won't get any of the Bardings at Rank 10 (cause you need to completely fill out one of the skill trees to get them) and when it isn't in the correct stance the skills associated with other stances are far less effective.

So where does Leviathan and Moggle King rank in difficulty in comparison to the other Extreme mode primals? I haven't tried them yet.

Leviathan you can die to but is much more forgiving than Titan since you have a chance to res usually and can watch people do the fight after you die. Moogle is doable but...not very easy. Quite a few ways to mess up and messups usually end in death. Much death.

Moaradin

Leviathan is probably easier than all of them other than Garuda. I hear Moogle King is pretty tough but I haven't tried him myself yet.

The coil group I'm in right now is lacking healers (both SCH and WHM). If anyone interest send /tell to Mary Benedictus or PM me. We're so close at nailing T5 now and I think it's better to have our own healers than relying on random PUG for T6+.

Titan > Garuda > Leviathan > Ifrit

I don't know about Moggle.

WolvenOne

Leviathan is probably easier than all of them other than Garuda. I hear Moogle King is pretty tough but I haven't tried him myself yet.

Mmm, I haven't downed Moogle Mog EM, but, I'd say he's of similar difficulty to Titan EM, but he's slightly more forgiving.

Basically, it's a really chaotic fight with a couple really funky mechanics, but it's a bit easier to recover from mistakes then it is with Titan.

Soi-Fong

So, I'm mainly a White Mage, but that Tank Barding is looking awesome. I'm reading random stuff though that says the Chocobo isn't really good at tanking though.

There's 2 problems with Hybrid-ing it; it won't get any of the Bardings at Rank 10 (cause you need to completely fill out one of the skill trees to get them) and when it isn't in the correct stance the skills associated with other stances are far less effective.

Do Bardings actually improve the chocobo's stats or are they purely decorative?

Artorias

Banned
I finally started doing my Relic Reborn quest, but after a long break I'm a little confused. After the first few Hard Mode guys I get to Titan and it says to access the fight via duty finder, but its not in there yet. I don't recall how I got the first two, it must have been before I quit.

When I go to the map from my journal it points to Outer La Noscea, but I don't see a quest marker or an "entrance" on the map. Does anyone remember where to pick this up?

Edit: Haha, the Waking goddamn Sands. I totally forgot about that terrible set of loading screens between a player a progress.

Jomjom

Banned
Whats the point of the black chocobo minion? Does it grow or just something to have for show?

Most minions are just fluff - little vanity pets that follow you and do little motions. The cool thing is most of them do something unique. Some examples:

Adamantoise: Spins around in its shell when it follows you

Sun: Follows you and acts as a light source. /poke it to change the height and if you go into first person mode, it disappears, while still providing you with light to take nice screenshots. Rather than follow you, this minion stays wherever you summoned it.

Moogle: If you summon this along with other moogle pets, they'll dance in a circle. The most I've seen is 7 dancing in a circle at a time.

Baby Opo-opo: Sits on your shoulder and does monkey business.

Virdix

This may be old news but I installed the disc and my promo code and apparently that wasnt "registering" so I entered my registration code and it was 12gbs and I already had 40gbs installed and figured it was nothing. Had to delete the application and download the 12 gig file first.

Soi-Fong

Most minions are just fluff - little vanity pets that follow you and do little motions. The cool thing is most of them do something unique. Some examples:

Adamantoise: Spins around in its shell when it follows you

Sun: Follows you and acts as a light source. /poke it to change the height and if you go into first person mode, it disappears, while still providing you with light to take nice screenshots. Rather than follow you, this minion stays wherever you summoned it.

Moogle: If you summon this along with other moogle pets, they'll dance in a circle. The most I've seen is 7 dancing in a circle at a time.

Baby Opo-opo: Sits on your shoulder and does monkey business.

The Spriggan minions are soo cute!!! Whenever they drop their rock, they panic in a weird way. Lol

This may be old news but I installed the disc and my promo code and apparently that wasnt "registering" so I entered my registration code and it was 12gbs and I already had 40gbs installed and figured it was nothing. Had to delete the application and download the 12 gig file first.
Wait, can you clarify. I bought the physical CE edition. I got early access to the game so I have the beta 2 client installed. I have yet to install the game from disc. Are you telling me I will need to delete the client first and then enter the registration code and finally install the game?

CAVE343

I just redeemed the code that came with my CE and I'm using the beta client to play. Works like a charm. Never touched the disc

Soi-Fong

I just redeemed the code that came with my CE and I'm using the beta client to play. Works like a charm. Never touched the disc

They said that the Beta Phase 2 Client would be the final client. All you needed was the code from inside the case. It basically becomes a coaster after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom