• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLeack

Banned
I'm having so much fun with this game again. I quit pre 2.1. It looks like 2.1 + 2.2 remedy any issue I had with launch content.

Van

Don't know how to do the image thing, but I got my physical copy of the game and am trying to find the code to register it on mob station but can't, any help?
4bQrdiw.jpg

Synless

Are trophies working for everyone now? If so I have a couple questions.

First, I am still able to play despite not having had resubscribed from my hiatus months ago. I noticed I can't summon my familiars and my trophy list doesn't move to the top of my trophies list when I play the game unlike any other game where it does. Anyone else have these issues?

fek

I got this game today and I'm considering making a Warrior. Is it easy to keep enmity (that's how aggro/malice is called in this game right?) in endgame bosses? I get very frustrated when I play as tanker and can't keep the bosses attention.

Artorias

Banned
I got my Relic weapon finally! I also converted my 1700ish philosphy tomes into 426 mythology tomes, and now I'm just 120 shy of the 900 needed to upgrade it again.

I also just unlocked Haukke Manor and Copperbell hard modes. I didn't even know there were hard modes of those! Do most dungeons have a hard mode then, or just a few?

So I think I was being dumb earlier with my trophy question. I had assumed, because the game wasn't an official "cross-buy" title and is instead utilizing a temporary upgrade program ala Battlefield or Call of Duty were using, just for free, that it'd have a separate trophy list.

However, it appears that it utilizes a combined trophy list. So if you've upgraded from PS3 and are wondering where trophies are, it may just be because you've already unlocked that trophy on PS3.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I got my Relic weapon finally! I also converted my 1700ish philosphy tomes into 426 mythology tomes, and now I'm just 120 shy of the 900 needed to upgrade it again.

I also just unlocked Haukke Manor and Copperbell hard modes. I didn't even know there were hard modes of those! Do most dungeons have a hard mode then, or just a few?
Just a few, new ones get added with patches.

Gaz_RB

So do the hard/EX modes have different enemy group composition or is it just the same dungeon with higher HP/more powerful attacks?

So do the hard/EX modes have different enemy group composition or is it just the same dungeon with higher HP/more powerful attacks?

The EX versions usually have a new mechanic to throw a wrench into things. EX Garuda has a special spiny that you need to deal with at the appropriate times if you want to live. EX Titan makes the arena even tinier, landslides in five directions and has two adds that have to be dealt with...oh and a new bomb layout. EX Ifrit...just has lots of nails. EX Leviathan destroys the sides of the walls so you can instantly die annnnnnd I'm not sure about EX Mog.

hank_tree

So I think I was being dumb earlier with my trophy question. I had assumed, because the game wasn't an official "cross-buy" title and is instead utilizing a temporary upgrade program ala Battlefield or Call of Duty were using, just for free, that it'd have a separate trophy list.

However, it appears that it utilizes a combined trophy list. So if you've upgraded from PS3 and are wondering where trophies are, it may just be because you've already unlocked that trophy on PS3.

I'm not sure if this is confirmed, but as someone who plays on both PS3 and PC I've noticed that any progress made towards achievements while on PC doesn't seem to count towards the PS3 trophies. i.e Craft 1000 items or something like that. All 1000 need to be crafted on the PS3. The achievements don't seem to be linked to the in game achievements.

So there might be something similar with the PS3/PS4 transfer? i,e Your progress towards those trophies is reset if you move from PS3 to PS4. Would be great if someone could confirm that one way or the other.

I find the map in this game MADDENING. Specifically in Ul'Dah, I have literally walked around for 10 straight minutes trying to make sense of this map.

Why the hell can't I highlight a quest and have a pointer on my screen telling me exactly where to go??

Xux

I find the map in this game MADDENING. Specifically in Ul'Dah, I have literally walked around for 10 straight minutes trying to make sense of this map.

Why the hell can't I highlight a quest and have a pointer on my screen telling me exactly where to go??
You can you just have to click the obective instead of the quest name. Or hit "map" on the Journal entry.

So I upgraded to the digital Windows CE through Mogstation, and now I'm just trying to figure out how to get my free 30 days after registering the code that came with the (physical) PS4 version - my account still says it's inactive. Then again, the last time I had the sub was during the month of launch, so the free 30 days may not apply to me?

Fat Chocobo best Chocobo.

Hey GAF,

If you are on Ultros and in the GAF FC I made a new linkshell called "GAF Noobs" so we can chat about stupid question and get low level parties a bit easier. Let me (Arya Hodor) know if you'd like an invite.

Virdix

Wait, can you clarify. I bought the physical CE edition. I got early access to the game so I have the beta 2 client installed. I have yet to install the game from disc. Are you telling me I will need to delete the client first and then enter the registration code and finally install the game?
I didnt do the early access, but I had already deleted the beta app. Im just saying redeem the registration code before installing. From my conversation with their support it seems like you need to download that portion for your CE ownership rights to transfer over? After I reinstalled with the download all my ce items showed up in my service account. Also I can now do the smartphone one time password app.

wapplew

Hey GAF,

If you are on Ultros and in the GAF FC I made a new linkshell called "GAF Noobs" so we can chat about stupid question and get low level parties a bit easier. Let me (Arya Hodor) know if you'd like an invite.

But who is going to answer our stupid question if everyone are noobs?

But who is going to answer our stupid question if everyone are noobs?

Yah there's some non noobs, it's also for finding new parties or chatting about newer experiences. You can and should still chat in the FC, this is just a side thing to help with the fun.

Korezo

To who ever upgraded to the ps4 version with ps3 game, does final fantasy 14 on the store say buy now $39.99 for you? Instead of saying download for me it says buy now $39.99. I just used beta file and upgraded with that and never redeemed using the upgrade code, but when I try putting the code it says it's been used. Shouldn't the game be on my dl list and say start or download and not buy now? I don't want to delete it to test it and stay stuck with nothing.

It's no longer in beta...you can go to the store and buy it now, or just buy it on PSN

I have beta 2 dl'd already. So just buy it on the store and log in, do I need to visit the mog station to do anything?

Also, does buying the game entitle you to just one "free" month?

Thanks in advance.

D23

Hey GAF,

In
I'm Agnes Madeleine. Pretty sure I'm friends with u. I remember grouping with u at satasha and u told me to switch my pet to emerald

dabig2

So just bought this on the PS4 on a whim. I haven't played a MMORPG since FFXI...and I last touched that game about 7 years ago. But I do remember loving the hell out of the game and I probably devoted well over 5000 hours over the 3 years I played it.

So, I'm looking forward to delving into FFXIV with ya guys. I guess Ultros is the spot to be for Gaffers. I'll see you all in the game after I install this baby :)

D23

So just bought this on the PS4 on a whim. I haven't played a MMORPG since FFXI...and I last touched that game about 7 years ago. But I do remember loving the hell out of the game and I probably devoted well over 5000 hours over the 3 years I played it.

So, I'm looking forward to delving into FFXIV with ya guys. I guess Ultros is the spot to be for Gaffers. I'll see you all in the game after I install this baby :)
It will sucked u back in like ff11 does

dubq

Question: When I'm getting armor rewards for missions I get options of one piece that is for Disciples of War (+Strength & +Dexterity) or an option for "All Classes" (+Mind & +Intelligence) - besides the obvious stat differences, is there a reason I would ever want to choose the "All Classes" reward?

Question: When I'm getting armor rewards for missions I get options of one piece that is for Disciples of War (+Strength & +Dexterity) or an option for "All Classes" (+Mind & +Intelligence) - besides the obvious stat differences, is there a reason I would ever want to choose the "All Classes" reward?

Just choose the money option always, you will be going through gear too fast while leveling up for it to matter.

dubq

Cool - and I also had a question about AOE/Cone attacks. I'm dodging these things (PS4 here) and I'm still getting hit by them. I don't remember having a problem with this during beta, so did something change?

Cool - and I also had a question about AOE/Cone attacks. I'm dodging these things (PS4 here) and I'm still getting hit by them. I don't remember having a problem with this during beta, so did something change?

Server lag. Pretty common during launch time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom