• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttons

Two more Lala screenshots. xD

ffxiv_18042014_224826m3yfg.jpg

ffxiv_18042014_22423407lsk.jpg

So I have 40 bucks on my PSN account and I've been tempted to buy this on PS4 but I have a couple questions:

-If I buy the digital edition copy, do I get the same 30-day trial?
-Can someone else play this game with their respective account (and monthly fee payment) even if I'm the one getting the digital copy and registering the product on the console?
-How much HDD space do I need? The site states 10GB but the PSN description says 40GB.
-Do I have to pay the monthly fee via credit card or there's a way to buy prepaid codes or something?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So I have 40 bucks on my PSN account and I've been tempted to buy this on PS4 but I have a couple questions:

-Can someone else play this game with their respective account (and monthly fee payment) even if I'm the one getting the digital copy and registering the product on the console?
-How much HDD space do I need? The site states 10GB but the PSN description says 40GB.

-Yes
-Multiple people should be able to log into the client so long as they have an active PS4 registration on their account as well.
-12-15gb. Maybe more for future updates.

-Multiple people should be able to log into the client so long as they have an active PS4 registration on their account as well.
-

So they have to "buy" their own copy? I didn't understand that part. 2 people use my PS4 and we have our individual accounts, so my question was if he can pay the monthly fee and play the digital copy I will buy or not.

Eios

-Do I have to pay the monthly fee via credit card or there's a way to buy prepaid codes or something?

1. Yes

2. I am sure they could launch the game on their account since the launcher is free. But, your square enix account is attached to your psn ID. I am not sure if the game license applies to all accounts on your ps4. Either way they will probably have to pay for game time.

3.40gb is the safe bet

4. You can use credit card or 60 day timecards.

EDIT: Beaten

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So they have to "buy" their own copy? I didn't understand that part. 2 people use my PS4 and we have our individual accounts, so my question was if he can pay the monthly fee and play the digital copy I will buy or not.

Every person who plays this game must have 2 things. A monthly subscription and a platform registered to their account (the game purchase).

So each of you would need to pay the monthly sub and own a ps4 version.

However; it is possible to make 2 characters on a single account, but they wouldn't be able to be logged in simultaneously.

Eios

The game licenses are tied to one account each. You will probably need two copies.

EDIT: Beaten once again

Thanks to everyone for the responses. I think I need to clarify one more thing and I'm ready to go.

1. Yes

2. I am sure they could launch the game on their account since the launcher is free. But, your square enix account is attached to your psn ID. I am not sure if the game license applies to all accounts on your ps4. Either way they will probably have to pay for game time.

3.40gb is the safe bet

4. You can use credit card or 60 day timecards.

EDIT: Beaten

Is there any site that sell this and accepts paypal? I do not own a credit card but I have no problem on buying timecards. I'm from Chile, so we don't have Gamestop and stuff like that.

Ken

Thanks to everyone for the responses. I think I need to clarify one more thing and I'm ready to go.

Is there any site that sell this and accepts paypal? I do not own a credit card but I have no problem on buying timecards. I'm from Chile, so we don't have Gamestop and stuff like that.

you can buy crysta using paypal from your account page which you then use to pay for sub time

Inventory management question. I'm filling up my inventory at a brisk rate. I'm currently a lvl 29 Lancer and plan on becoming a Dragoon. I have a problem where I like to keep stuff even though I have no plans on using them. I will eventually start working on crafting and fishing and cooking but probably not till I hit 50 Dragoon. Should I start selling items that I currently have no use for? Should I hold onto shards or other specific items?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Inventory management question. I'm filling up my inventory at a brisk rate. I'm currently a lvl 29 Lancer and plan on becoming a Dragoon. I have a problem where I like to keep stuff even though I have no plans on using them. I will eventually start working on crafting and fishing and cooking but probably not till I hit 50 Dragoon. Should I start selling items that I currently have no use for? Should I hold onto shards or other specific items?

Shards don't take up any inventory space.
Either have your retainer hold that stuff or sell it.
It will always be available on the market board when you would like to level a craft in the future.

Eios

Just to re-clarify what diablos said: you both can play on the same square enix account and pay one monthly fee, but you both would have to play on the same psn ID. If you want to play on two separate psn IDs you need two copies.

you can buy crysta using paypal from your account page which you then use to pay for sub time

Ok. Thank you! I think I'm now ready to go.

Just to re-clarify what diablos said: you both can play on the same square enix account and pay one monthly fee, but you both would have to play on the same psn ID. If you want to play on two separate psn IDs you need two copies.

Understood. I will tell him to buy his own copy, I guess.

Shards don't take up any inventory space.
Either have your retainer hold that stuff or sell it.
It will always be available on the market board when you would like to level a craft in the future.

Very cool, thanks for the info. Gotta start learning about retainers and utilizing them now lol

I already bought the PC version a while ago, but I'm tempted to grab the PS4 version because. Anybody know what the PS4 is equivalent to in performance? My rig was able to completely do the benchmark at 1080p60fps save for a few crowded shots of dozens of characters running through a vista.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I already bought the PC version a while ago, but I'm tempted to grab the PS4 version because. Anybody know what the PS4 is equivalent to in performance? My rig was able to completely do the benchmark at 1080p60fps save for a few crowded shots of dozens of characters running through a vista.

PS4 is pretty close to max settings and 30-40 fps.

zewone

PS4 is about 1080p45fps. Assets are the same as High quality on PC.

Just got my PS3 copy in the mail and upgraded to PS4. That was quick and easy. I pretty much got it for times I want to lay down on my couch or bed and play. I'll do most of my gaming for this game on my PC.

So I just jumped in...how do I make the NPCs dialog boxes larger? I can't seem to figure it out. No matter what I set the UI scale to, they don't change, and the HUD option with all the boxes doesn't have one for NPC speech bubbles.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Whoever designed this is a fucking idiot, i'm doing the last dungeon in the main story, and haven't fought a single boss so far. Some of them i didn't even get to see.

At this point i would have taken a full CG ending cut scene instead of this.

Aeana

Whoever designed this is a fucking idiot, i'm doing the last dungeon in the main story, and haven't fought a single boss so far. Some of them i didn't even get to see.
Did you enter via duty finder? I'm really sorry. People are doing speedruns and don't give a crap if people are watching cutscenes. It's very rude.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Did you enter via duty finder? I'm really sorry. People are doing speedruns and don't give a crap if people are watching cuts cents. It's very rude.

I don't mind the other people, they just want to get it done fast, i understand that, i'm just questioning the design :p They could have handled it better.

Ken

They could maybe do a check box for players who are ok with viewing cutscenes and those who just want to speed run, but I imagine they don't do it because the former population could be really small.

Am I insane? Just earlier today I asked about resizing the UI and got clear answers from two different people that everything could be resized, and now I can't figure out how to make the NPC text boxes larger and I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Sophia

Am I insane? Just earlier today I asked about resizing the UI and got clear answers from two different people that everything could be resized, and now I can't figure out how to make the NPC text boxes larger and I feel like I'm losing my mind.

As I said, the PS4 version has a few exclusive resizing options that I don't think exist on the PC side. I know the start menu is larger, for example, on the PS4, and I don't believe there's a way to switch it.

You can make it pretty large. That said, the PS4 version has everything large by default, and I think has a few extras regarding on screen texts/menus.

Why should they have to design their story presentation around people who have already done the dungeon hundreds of times and aren't patient enough to wait for someone who is new to watch the cutscenes?

The way it should work is you watch the scenes, fight the bosses along with everybody else and progress through the dungeon as a group.

The only way they could conceivably prevent this scenario you described would be to prevent the party from engaging the boss until everyone has exited the cutscene, whether it be by skipping it or watching it through to completion. Assholes would ruin that too by not advancing speech bubbles on npcs in the scenes and making everyone wait forever just to be jerks.

Zomba13

When there is NPC dialouge on screen it should resize by clicking in the right analogue stick (iirc).

Using a controller you can resize all elements from 60% of original size to 140% and text in the chat box can go to 20.

Here are some pics, not sure how helpful they will be and the resolution is hella odd sorry (plus compression from imgur and the screenshot button)

You can resize and move them about (and change the sizes of other elements, including NPC speech in cutscenes etc and the little box with the dye and table info in it. forgot to resize that)

I'm not crazy! I did see someone tell me that you could change the NPC text boxes. So why can't I do it =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom