• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, help me out here Ultros GAF...before I fork over the $18 xfer fee, how many active endgame groups/people does GAF have running? Are there a lot of active endgame players?

I only ask because I'd like to xfer and join everyone, but I just want to make sure enough are actively doing the endgame shit.

I would say there are at least 7-8 serious Coil groups.

phierce

I would say there are at least 7-8 serious Coil groups.
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

I'll probably initiate the xfer (if it's allowed/open) this weekend before reset.

Any statics need a SMN? haha!

Either way, I'd prefer to play with you all over randoms on my current server (most guys I cleared T4 with around launch have moved on and the very few that remain have pretty solid statics).

phierce

I unlocked the first dungeon.
Targeting on the PS4 is kind of annoying.
There are a few tricks you can use to make it easier to target.

L1 + up/down will scroll through the target list of engaged enemies. In Character Customization you can also set up filters to toggle between like for enemies only during dungeons/fates to make it so you only scroll though enemies and not all players, objects and enemies.

How do you register a digitally bought PS4 version of the game when you have a previous PC version. Don't have the code that I'm supposed to input and can't log in to follow any instructions that could be there. Where do you find the registration code to put into MogStation? I can log in to PC version just fine.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Am I crazy, or did my challenge log reset? Everything's empty.

tmtyf

How do you register a digitally bought PS4 version of the game when you have a previous PC version. Don't have the code that I'm supposed to input and can't log in to follow any instructions that could be there. Where do you find the registration code to put into MogStation? I can log in to PC version just fine.

if its like the Ps3 version when u try to log in it will see that u have a new registration already and ask you to link it.

Rizzi

There are a few tricks you can use to make it easier to target.

L1 + up/down will scroll through the target list of engaged enemies. In Character Customization you can also set up filters to toggle between like for enemies only during dungeons/fates to make it so you only scroll though enemies and not all players, objects and enemies.

Oh, thank you. That will make things a lot easier.

Synless

Ok, so I am lvl 25. What dungeons should I be going through and what armor set should I be going for?

Edit* I'm a lancer.

Isaccard

So, help me out here Ultros GAF...before I fork over the $18 xfer fee, how many active endgame groups/people does GAF have running? Are there a lot of active endgame players?

I only ask because I'd like to xfer and join everyone, but I just want to make sure enough are actively doing the endgame shit.

Can you heal/DPS? Cause we need those.

suzu

Ok, so I am lvl 25. What dungeons should I be going through and what armor set should I be going for?

Edit* I'm a lancer.

Just unlock dungeons as you go along in the main scenario/story quests and do whichever ones are for your level. Pick up any disciple of war equipment from there.

Synless

Just unlock dungeons as you go along in the main scenario/story quests and do whichever ones are for your level. Pick up any disciple of war equipment from there.
Makes sense, though are there any particular sets I should concentrate on more than others?

SRTtoZ

Makes sense, though are there any particular sets I should concentrate on more than others?

Don't concentrate on full sets unless you want them for end game Glamour (transmog). I say this because I ran brayflox probably 50 times trying to get a full battlemage set and never even came close. You will eventually outlevel the dungeon big time and find better gear either questing/marketplace or another dungeon. It just aint worth it.

if its like the Ps3 version when u try to log in it will see that u have a new registration already and ask you to link it.

All it says when I log in it says that it's not registered and I don't see a place to register it or find a code. (Never had the ps3 version and I don't have the screen up atm)

Synless

Don't concentrate on full sets unless you want them for end game Glamour (transmog). I say this because I ran brayflox probably 50 times trying to get a full battlemage set and never even came close. You will eventually outlevel the dungeon big time and find better gear either questing/marketplace or another dungeon. It just aint worth it.
Sounds good, thanks.

Yeah, I can't tank worth shite. It feels so choatic, I find it hard to keep encounters under control. I was going to maruader to 50 but I think I'll spare everyone a headache and go DPS.

Like seriously, I don't see how you folks that tank do it.

Ken

Yeah, I can't tank worth shite. It feels so choatic, I find it hard to keep encounters under control. I was going to maruader to 50 but I think I'll spare everyone a headache and go DPS.

what level are you?

Xux

Tanking's pretty easy.

Mark the order, ranged attack the first enemy, AoE twice, emnity combo Target to Attack 1, AoE once, emnity combo, AoE etc. For PLD, on last enemy in group alternate between enmity combo and Riot Blade combo. Use that from Sastasha through Aurum Vale/Lost City of Amdapour while dodging AoEs and you're pretty much set.

Spam Overpower until you're out of TP, then yell at the Bard to give you Army's Paeon so you can spam Overpower more. Repeat until you're level 50.

what level are you?

Just turned 13. Was doing back to back guildhest, figured it'd be a great way to practice tanking.

And thanks for the tips, guys. I guess I find myself losing composure in the middle of an engagement... Especially while playing with the controller.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Cleared turn 4 and Ultima Extreme with pugs, both were pretty easy. One thing I love about Japanese df players is how nice they are. We wipe because someone screws up - "don't worry!". If there's no chance of winning, someone starts an abandon vote and that's it, no arguing or calling people names.

Now that almost all my eq is ilvl 90+ I'm going to farm turn 4 for blm pants, mythos for bracelet and will try the ex primals!

Cloudy

Banned
Thanks. I started as Gladiator but I prefer ranged attacks so I was thinking of switching to Archer.

What is the closest thing to a Red Mage in this game? Dragoon?

Xux

Thanks. I started as Gladiator but I prefer ranged attacks so I was thinking of switching to Archer.

What is the closest thing to a Red Mage in this game? Dragoon?
Conjurer can heal and cast attack magic. They can't melee very well, though.

About 10k exp away from Level 27 Pugilist. It didn't even take me that long to get that close (I was Level 25 about three hours ago), but I was doing side-quests that were near the main story quest and venturing to more advanced areas. It does feel like it's gonna be more and more of a slog to leveling my main class. Thankfully, I'm only focused on reaching Level 30 so I can get access to Monk (already at Level 15 as a Lancer)

If you wanna join, go to the guildwork website, its a neat little site[link in op] and submit an application there and then one in game. :3 justca friendly heads up!

How so I submit an application there? I signed up for an account, but hitting the recruitment tab tells me I'm not eligible to view the page.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yay, got my BLM breeches on the 3rd turn 4 run!
Now I only need 200 mythos for the bracelet, which means... ~20-30 minutes of Brayflox's Longstop runs with a proper party.

Xux

Any eight man instance actually. So the HM primals, CM, Prea, Gilgamesh Westwind, etc, all count.
I've done those since the patch on Warrior and I'm still sitting at zero while I haven't done any of the ones listed in the patch notes. So, I'm guessing it's just the ones from the patch notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom