• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paganmoon

Any chance of this game getting a trial for the PS4? Want to see what it's all about before pulling the trigger. Couldn't join the US Beta for some reason.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Any chance of this game getting a trial for the PS4? Want to see what it's all about before pulling the trigger. Couldn't join the US Beta for some reason.
Doubt it will happen any time soon for any of the platforms.

SkylineRKR

lol, sold some Chicken Eggs voor 800 a pop.

Thing is

You can buy them for 5 gil right next to the guy you'll need to give them.

I guess its hell for me.

dc89

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide which helps PS3 users transfer their stuff to PS4?

Am I right in saying if you bought the PS3 version, like myself, you get the PS4 version for free?

SkylineRKR

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide which helps PS3 users transfer their stuff to PS4?

Am I right in saying if you bought the PS3 version, like myself, you get the PS4 version for free?

Yes. But you can't play on Ps3 anymore if you do.

I have the last PS4 open beta client thingy downloaded (never actually got to try it). If I buy the game digitally I don't need to redownload the whole game again, right?

danthefan

Ahhhhh dammit.

Have been playing on the PS4 and decided to get it on PC too, so bought from G2Play. Went and downloaded on Steam and had to put in the registration code. It's telling me the PC version I bought is a different region to my SquareEnix account :(

Seems like money wasted, blargh.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Finally reached WHM (started the character on Monday).
I need a break.

Seriously considering moving to Ultros, Phoenix feels emptyish.
Also need to figure out some ways to make gil.

dcye

Any eight man instance actually. So the HM primals, CM, Prea, Gilgamesh Westwind, etc, all count.

This is not correct. Its only EM Primals and Coil as far as I can tell. I always do my story and trials roulettes as tank for fast queues and only have 10 towards my Warlion, which is of course the 10 runs of T1 I did last night.

lol, sold some Chicken Eggs voor 800 a pop.

Thing is

You can buy them for 5 gil right next to the guy you'll need to give them.

I guess its hell for me.

When retainer ventures came out, I sold level 1 weapons and tools for thousands of gil. Like, weathered axes for 7500.

I'm sorry.

I guess I'll see you in hell, Skyline. I'll bring the martini shaker.

MayMay

Banned
Heyy, I've got a question and I figured the OT is the best place to ask this. :)

I never played an mmorpg in my life, I always steered clear of them. They just never really interested me.
I recently started looking into XIV though, and it looks really good - so I'd love to give it a go.
Is it a good game to start for total beginners in the genre?

Rizzi

id2XTSRHKQJdG.jpg
Oh my god. Kitty!

SkylineRKR

You missed about 4 betas.

When retainer ventures came out, I sold level 1 weapons and tools for thousands of gil. Like, weathered axes for 7500.

I'm sorry.

I guess I'll see you in hell, Skyline. I'll bring the martini shaker.

wow. I should've charged more. And yeah when I got ventures I was browsing for level 1 shit but I decided to visit the battlecraft vendor.

danthefan

After playing for a little while now, I am really enjoying this game. And almost the best thing about it is I cannot wait to see what shape it's in in 3 or 5 years time. The devs have delivered a really enjoyable and polished game and most importantly (and so unlike SE) they are listening to feedback from the players. If the player base continues to have a sort of implicit role in shaping the game and the devs continue to produce content as good or better than the original version of ARR, well I can't wait.

SRTtoZ

Heyy, I've got a question and I figured the OT is the best place to ask this. :)

I never played an mmorpg in my life, I always steered clear of them. They just never really interested me.
I recently started looking into XIV though, and it looks really good - so I'd love to give it a go.
Is it a good game to start for total beginners in the genre?

I'd say its up there with a bunch of other MMO's as good starter ones. Plus you have the entire GAF FC (guild) behind you for help and/or asking questions. This game is pretty great if you like FF or if you like MMO's, especially if you enjoy both.

Is there no trial for this game? I really want to switch to it from wow but can't find a trial to try it out.

Correct, no trials for any of the versions. As a WoWer I say give it a chance, its very similar in mechanics but with a FF twist and some gorgeous visuals. There isn't 10 years worth of content but they have been doing a good job releasing a ton of new stuff/features since launch. FFXIVARR had a bit of a spammer/bot issue so I'm kind of glad they didn't go with trials yet because there would be so many more with no consequence.

SkylineRKR

ARR might be the best FF out there. Its just beautiful. I am totally hooked. Heard lesser things about the endgame, but I am not there yet. For now.

The MMO gameplay thats also suitable for first timers, the FF lore, the music (it has to be one of the best scores Uematsu did, Upper La Noscea!).

aceface

ARR might be the best FF out there. Its just beautiful. I am totally hooked. Heard lesser things about the endgame, but I am not there yet. For now.

The MMO gameplay thats also suitable for first timers, the FF lore, the music (it has to be one of the best scores Uematsu did, Upper La Noscea!).

I love Uematsu but there are only a few tracks that he composed that are still in the game. The great majority of the OST was done by Masayoshi Soken.

Mesharey

I want a chocobo. :(

I need to collect seals but I have like 200 from collecting items, I did Fate missions but that doesn't increase company seals.

Gattsu25

Banned
Is there any way to transfer a PS3 purchase to a PS4 purchase? I thought this was possible but the game still shows up as a $40 purchase on the PS4 PSN store

Mik2121

I want a chocobo. :(

I need to collect seals but I have like 200 from collecting items, I did Fate missions but that doesn't increase company seals.

Fates DO increase company seals! You can also do the Grand Company leves. I got 2000 seals in a very short time. In fact, after getting the Chocobo a couple days ago I didn't bother gathering seals anymore, and yet I got already over 2000 again (doing random FATEs I cross through on my way somewhere else, mainly).

Mesharey

Fates DO increase company seals! You can also do the Grand Company leves. I got 2000 seals in a very short time. In fact, after getting the Chocobo a couple days ago I didn't bother gathering seals anymore, and yet I got already over 2000 again (doing random FATEs I cross through on my way somewhere else, mainly).
OK, good, thanks but how can I do the grand company leves? :/

I need gil, I have 51 only, I can't teleport. T_T

SkylineRKR

Fast way to get Seals is doing the Hunt Log from the company. For gil, don't you have spare gold to sell? I never had a gil problem so far, quests give best gear anyway.

I love Uematsu but there are only a few tracks that he composed that are still in the game. The great majority of the OST was done by Masayoshi Soken.

I thought he did the whole thing, but guess not.

Its still one of the better FF OST I heard.

Mesharey

Fast way to get Seals is doing the Hunt Log from the company. For gil, don't you have spare gold to sell? I never had a gil problem so far, quests give best gear anyway.

I thought he did the whole thing, but guess not.

Its still one of the better FF OST I heard.
I saw a good looking gear and I couldn't resist. XD
Ahem .. how can I sell gold? :3

SRTtoZ

OK, good, thanks but how can I do the grand company leves? :/

I need gil, I have 51 only, I can't teleport. T_T

What have you been spending your gil on? You should really save it up until you REALLY need it (end game). I think he means spare equipment or at least those gold pouches that you get from quests if you dont like the items they give you. Sell stuff in your inventory and don't buy gear! You get it from questing and dungeons very easily.

Are you on Ultros?

False

You need to have created a character and logged into the PS3 version at least once. Then you can transfer for free via Square-Enix's account service, Mogstation.

Full details here: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/ps4/upgrade/

I didn't even have to go that far. Started the game up for the first time on PS3 (I bought it a while back on sale so I could wait for PS4) and registered the service to my Square Enix account. Just had to hop on my iPad to transfer the service in my account and got a 12 digit code to redeem the game on PS4.

RPGCrazied

Really want to return at some point. I just got really frustrated with the Titan fight. Every single group I go into we fail. Have they nerfed anything, or done anything to make grouping easier or no?

I didn't even have to go that far. Started the game up for the first time on PS3 (I bought it a while back on sale so I could wait for PS4) and registered the service to my Square Enix account. Just had to hop on my iPad to transfer the service in my account and got a 12 digit code to redeem the game on PS4.

I'll admit that I'm only repeating what the SE Rep on the Playstation Blog was saying. I already had a character by the time the PS4 upgrade campaign started so I couldn't test :)

Sophia

This isn't the case. A significant amount of Umeatsu-composed tracks are still used across the game. Mostly in story cutscenes, but some in gameplay. Ifrit's theme (Primal Judgement) and the dungeon major boss music (Nemesis) are his, for example. The boss of Turn 9 in Binding Coil also has an Umeatsu composed track.

Really want to return at some point. I just got really frustrated with the Titan fight. Every single group I go into we fail. Have they nerfed anything, or done anything to make grouping easier or no?

Fight is the same, but you get a huge incremental buff if your party keep failing

SRTtoZ

Incremental buff like above but also everyone has much better gear than before so a lot of those early fights are much easier than ever.

Istaerion

To refer people to the NeoGAF Free Company on Ultros, do I need to be a member myself?

A couple of people I know are quite interested, but I don't know what to tell them in regards to recruitment.

SRTtoZ

Nice. Well maybe I'll come back soon. But I haven't ran the launcher in a few months. I bet the updates are big. Wasn't there a giant update not so long ago?

Yea but nothing too unreasonable. I also came back from a layoff between each big patch and it downloaded pretty quickly and did'nt even use my full fios speed.

aceface

This isn't the case. A significant amount of Umeatsu-composed tracks are still used across the game. Mostly in story cutscenes, but some in gameplay. Ifrit's theme (Primal Judgement) and the dungeon major boss music (Nemesis) are his, for example. The boss of Turn 9 in Binding Coil also has an Umeatsu composed track.

There's some Uematsu tracks sure, but only 7 out of 119 tracks on the OST are composed by Uematsu. I wouldn't call it a significant amount. The music is definitely Soken's baby.

Mesharey

What have you been spending your gil on? You should really save it up until you REALLY need it (end game). I think he means spare equipment or at least those gold pouches that you get from quests if you dont like the items they give you. Sell stuff in your inventory and don't buy gear! You get it from questing and dungeons very easily.

Are you on Ultros?
I didn't spend a gil before, but today I saw this armor lol.

I have 2000 gil now from selling a sword in the market and 4 leve quests.

Can I sell my unused gear to shops?

I'm on Ragnarok.

I'll try to do some grand company quests (how? XD) and collect items/fates missions to collect the 2000 seals.

Sophia

There's some Uematsu tracks sure, but only 7 out of 105 tracks on the OST are composed by Uematsu. I wouldn't call it a significant amount. The music is definitely Soken's baby.

I don't have the ARR OST, but there's definitely more than seven Umeatsu tracks used in the game itself. Off the topic of my head.... there's at least three in the opening cutscene (one for each starting city) + Answers + Primal Judgement + Nemesis +
Tempest
+ Some of the Leve themes + The Dark's Embrace + Steel Reason + Without Shadow + Many of the holiday events that were used in the original game.

I checked to make sure all the tracks I listed were indeed composed by Umeatsu. I can even tell you where they're used in the game itself.

Going forward almost all the music will be Soken unless they bring back now-unused tracks from the original game, but as far as ARR launch content goes it is certainly not just Soken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom