• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe T.

After playing for a little while now, I am really enjoying this game. And almost the best thing about it is I cannot wait to see what shape it's in in 3 or 5 years time. The devs have delivered a really enjoyable and polished game and most importantly (and so unlike SE) they are listening to feedback from the players. If the player base continues to have a sort of implicit role in shaping the game and the devs continue to produce content as good or better than the original version of ARR, well I can't wait.

SE's lack of involvement with the community was a fair criticism at one point, but I would go so far as to say they've taken it to the other extreme in recent years, at least where their MMORPGs are concerned, so I wouldn't worry too much on that front.

DSN2K

is cross play working ? as in PC/PS3/PS4 players playing together ? me and brother are considering getting into it but he would be playing on PS3 and I have the option of PC and PS4.

SRTtoZ

I didn't spend a gil before, but today I saw this armor lol.

I have 2000 gil now from selling a sword in the market and 4 leve quests.

Can I sell my unused gear to shops?

I'm on Ragnarok.

I'll try to do some grand company quests (how? XD) and collect items/fates missions to collect the 2000 seals.

Yea just go to any vendor and open your bag, click to sell what you dont need. Go to whichever grand company you joined and they have a quest giver there, do those, and grind Fates until you get your 2000 seals. Once you do that you'll be good to go with a Chocobo/Mount.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
If you saved up some leve allowances (and it's a good idea to keep doing so in early days of play) then you can blow a dozen of them on getting seal from company leves (~170 seals per leve). This plus some hunting log entires should let you get mount permission in an hour and a half or so.

CLBridges

I may as well delete the character I started on Ultros. My main is on Siren and I just don't have the willpower to start from scratch on an alternate toon. Plus, I already have a lot of gear for all classes saved for level 50 and don't want to do that all over again lol. Hopefully, I'll be making room for other new GAF players on that server. Is that how it works? *shrugs* lol

Zetta

I'm on Ragnarok.

I'll try to do some grand company quests (how? XD) and collect items/fates missions to collect the 2000 seals.

Yeah you can sell used items to shops but will be for less than 150 gil.

Edit: Beaten like the Knicks were this year.

Need help! Trying to log in for the first time. Made my SE account and now it asks both my password and "one-time password". What the hell is that supposed to be? Apparently it only accepts 6 characters so it ain't the email confirmation code :/

Zetta

Need help! Trying to log in for the first time. Made my SE account and now it asks both my password and "one-time password". What the hell is that supposed to be? Apparently it only accepts 6 characters so it ain't the email confirmation code :/

If you don't have a security token then all you need to put is the password which is your SE accounts password, leave the one-time empty.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

Don't enter a one-time password. You should be able to log in without it.

tmtyf

I may as well delete the character I started on Ultros. My main is on Siren and I just don't have the willpower to start from scratch on an alternate toon. Plus, I already have a lot of gear for all classes saved for level 50 and don't want to do that all over again lol. Hopefully, I'll be making room for other new GAF players on that server. Is that how it works? *shrugs* lol

you could always server transfer your main if you wanted. I was on siren until my friend had me server transfer over to balmung after 2.2. Must say its way easier to find things in party finder now as on siren it was usually empty :(

Sophia

It's a one time password. Do you have a one time password? You don't. Therefore you leave it blank.

They really need to rename that.

It only let me register "beta test phase 2" on my account even tho I bought the standard edition and now it's updating. Hopefully this works and I don't need to delete the gane and redownload the whole huge ass game :lol.

I'm probably going to buy this once I get a PS4 this summer. I haven't played the game since summer 2012, when I blitzed to level 30 so I could get the Gobuu mount. Apparently the story was completely changed and the player cannot witness the original story anymore ? Is that true ? And is the original story on the Internet somehow, in video, so I can watch it ? If it's true that ARR's story is brand-new, I'll feel guilty about not finishing the original game. :/

SkylineRKR

I'm on Ragnarok.

Yes, the pouches. You do get them and can choose them if the other rewards are useless to you. As I said before, Company hunts seem to net a lot of Seals too.

Once you have 2000, buy the chocobo license from the company. Then use the Flute, then go to Mounts in the menu and hotbar the Chocobo mount icon.

Mesharey

Yea just go to any vendor and open your bag, click to sell what you dont need. Go to whichever grand company you joined and they have a quest giver there, do those, and grind Fates until you get your 2000 seals. Once you do that you'll be good to go with a Chocobo/Mount.
Finally found the grand company leve quest guy, I'll be doing some missions untill I get the 2000.
Yeah you can sell used items to shops but will be for less than 150 gil.

Edit: Beaten like the Knicks were this year.
Yup, didn't notice that before, I'll try to sell some items in the market as well.
Yes, the pouches. You do get them and can choose them if the other rewards are useless to you. As I said before, Company hunts seem to net a lot of Seals too.

Once you have 2000, buy the chocobo license from the company. Then use the Flute, then go to Mounts in the menu and hotbar the Chocobo mount icon.
Didn't know about them before, I have 15,000 gil now lol.

Thanks a lot guys. :D

Frumix

Suffering From Success
you could always server transfer your main if you wanted. I was on siren until my friend had me server transfer over to balmung after 2.2. Must say its way easier to find things in party finder now as on siren it was usually empty :(
The price is steep.

MayMay

Banned
And... I just bought the game on PC. Downloading it now - Hope it's fun.
So I guess, from what I'm reading here, Ultros is the way to go?

Tomat

And... I just bought it on PC. Downloading it now. Hope it's fun.
So I guess, from what I'm reading here, Ultros is the way to go?

Moogle

Wallpaper

(Yes, if you want to play with the biggest GAF group)

Amir0x

Banned
Couple of probably obvious questions...

Ok, so I'm around level 9 now, and I still haven't seen any quests that, like, take me into dungeons or instances (are those in this game?). I want to see what type of things this game offers me from that perspective, so what would you recommend?

Second, does this game have like a system for queueing into dungeons with random people, or do you have to ask people around if they want to quest with you manually?

Thanks. It's been a while since I played LOTRO so I am trying to knock the dust off from me. So far though this game is pretty cool by me.

Tomat

Duty Finder (the dungeon finder) unlocks around 15 depending on where you're at in the story quests. Keep following the story and it'll lead you straight to the dungeons.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Ok, so I'm around level 9 now, and I still haven't seen any quests that, like, take me into dungeons or instances (are those in this game?). I want to see what type of things this game offers me from that perspective, so what would you recommend?

Second, does this game have like a system for queueing into dungeons with random people, or do you have to ask people around if they want to quest with you manually?

Thanks. It's been a while since I played LOTRO so I am trying to knock the dust off from me. So far though this game is pretty cool by me.

Dungeons start at level 15. You'll do three in a row as a part of the story quest actually. The game has something called the Duty Finder which places you in an instance with randoms, or you can join up with a premade to go in.

danthefan

The first proper dungeon you'll come across is part of the main quest and you should be hitting it somewhere around level 18ish? Maybe a little before that. And yes it is an instanced dungeon for 4 players.

Other than that around lv.10 you'll get access to Guildleves which are just really short grouped content, like you'll be put in a group of 4, fight a generally quite easy boss, and get a reward for your troubles.

The game does have a queuing system that seems to work just fine, I'm still low level but don't think I've had to wait more than a minute yet.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

You should be near the level for Guildleves, which are short, 4 person instances. The first dungeon is at level 15 or 16, and is found via the main storyline. After that, new dungeons are unlocked via the storyline.

Yes, duty finder is a list of your available dungeons/guildleves, select which ones you want (or chose the random button) and select join. Tanks and healers don't wait long, while eps jobs take awhile.

You can also create a party and put it up on party finder, where people can join if they want to do the same dungeon (or whatever you're doing). You also use party finder to join already made parties.

Sorian

Banned
How/when do you get a retainer, is it part of the main quest line too?

Yes and right when you get it make sure to talk to the retainer person again and hire a second retainer. You can have two and if you aren't reading the tutorial tips that pop up it may not be obvious to you.

Amir0x

Banned
I always had this open while leveling so I knew when and where to open the dungeons. Most of them are unlocked straight up through the story quests but theres a couple that you need to unlock by finding the quest givers which arent part of the main story.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117761-Unlocking-dungeons

Oh, very nice. *saves*

You should be near the level for Guildleves, which are short, 4 person instances. The first dungeon is at level 15 or 16, and is found via the main storyline. After that, new dungeons are unlocked via the storyline.

Yes, duty finder is a list of your available dungeons/guildleves, select which ones you want (or chose the random button) and select join. Tanks and healers don't wait long, while eps jobs take awhile.

You can also create a party and put it up on party finder, where people can join if they want to do the same dungeon (or whatever you're doing). You also use party finder to join already made parties.

Thanks for the added details. MMORPGs always seem so daunting in terms of trying to locate where every option is when I first start. It's good to be able to skip the hunt a bit :D

Tomat

The GAF guild on Ultros seems to be a catch all for every playstyle.

Sorian

Banned
oh GAF is on Ultros? I should have read this topic before I purchased the game haha

I am disappoint Ami. Well, if you eventually get over to end game and still want to stick with the game, I'd recommend a server transfer. Ultros is a very populated place and theres always someone around who is doing what you need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom