• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
3vh7JmP.jpg
I don't know why, but I laugh every time I look at this.

Angelcurio

Finally made it in, so i'm an extremely green level 1 player. The character name is Peangelus Curiostos, and my PSN ID is the same as my GAF user name, the server is Ultros and i have the PS4 version. I'll go now to check out how to join the GAF clan. If you see me wandering around, don't forget to give me a hand.

DSN2K

picked it up :) £15 on PC...noticed my Beta characters from PS4 are there but I will definitely start a new one. What's best EU server for GAF ?

NysGAF

I did my first dungeon last night! I was nervous because watching the videos makes it look so overwhelming, but I picked up on my role quickly and had a great time. I did the duty roulette right after and got the same dungeon; my second pass was even better because the tank was much better at his job than my first pass. I got two commendations which made me feel special inside.

Is it possible to instead of using the duty finder, send out a general invite to the FC for my next dungeon so I'm playing with GAF? If so, how? No one in the dungeon said a word the whole time when playing with strangers.

moved it down but as far as i can see the only way i can access that bar is with the ps4 touchpad, is there a better way to deal with the pet bar?

dealt with it, went into options turned off that bar being displayed, when to ctions and traits put all pet actions in its own hotbar. Not perfect, but not cluttering up my screen with a hard to access menu.

TargetDummy81

Neo Member
Howdy fellows.

Decided to take the plunge and purchased the PS4 version after hearing generally positive responses on the game so far. Last MMO I really got into was WoW around Cataclysm so nice to see some ideas were lifted into this one.

Looking forward to exploring the world to see what there is and how it looks on the system. Hearing that old familiar theme at the beginning did bring a smile to my face and surprised when I saw the Magitek mounts in screenshots.

I managed to get on Ultros so hopefully I can join you fellows in adventuring once I send the requests.

As far as learning the ropes go I have a maurader, pugilist, and archer since I figured DPS would make that easier. Just not sure which one will end up being my main yet although the pugilist and eventually the monk does sound fun. Playing on the DS4 controller so i'm a bit intimidated to create a tank character at first.

Suspect an archer though would make learning bosses easier as I go through since I would not be worried about being beaten to death as much. lol

SkylineRKR

I did my first dungeon last night! I was nervous because watching the videos makes it look so overwhelming, but I picked up on my role quickly and had a great time. I did the duty roulette right after and got the same dungeon; my second pass was even better because the tank was much better at his job than my first pass. I got two commendations which made me feel special inside.

Is it possible to instead of using the duty finder, send out a general invite to the FC for my next dungeon so I'm playing with GAF? If so, how? No one in the dungeon said a word the whole time when playing with strangers.

I guess I was lucky. I did the dungeon right away, and health never dropped below half. Paired with a good Healer and Tank I guess. Got a commendation there also. I play as a Lancer and generally flank enemies the Tank has drawn, using combos. And using Leg Sweep whenever an AoE would be charged.

SRTtoZ

Howdy fellows.

Decided to take the plunge and purchased the PS4 version after hearing generally positive responses on the game so far. Last MMO I really got into was WoW around Cataclysm so nice to see some ideas were lifted into this one.

Looking forward to exploring the world to see what there is and how it looks on the system. Hearing that old familiar theme at the beginning did bring a smile to my face and surprised when I saw the Magitek mounts in screenshots.

I managed to get on Ultros so hopefully I can join you fellows in adventuring once I send the requests.

As far as learning the ropes go I have a maurader, pugilist, and archer since I figured DPS would make that easier. Just not sure which one will end up being my main yet although the pugilist and eventually the monk does sound fun. Playing on the DS4 controller so i'm a bit intimidated to create a tank character at first.

Suspect an archer though would make learning bosses easier as I go through since I would not be worried about being beaten to death as much. lol

Archer/Bard is probably one of the easiest roles since you can move and shoot at the same time. The only real catch is you end up being a support role end game which is DPS + buffs with your songs and whatnot.

MayMay

Banned
I'm currently idling in the Character Creation, waiting for Ultros to open up. I hope it won't take all night to get on there.. Ill just check every once in a while.

Aeana

I'm currently idling in the Character Creation, waiting for Ultros to open up. I hope it won't take all night to get on there.. Ill just check every once in a while.

From the OP:

For those who want to know when Ultros or whatever server is open for character creation:

Check this page for updates --> http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

During periods of high congestion, we may institute a temporary restriction on the creation of new characters.
This information will be updated at the following intervals:
4:00 a.m./ 8:00 a.m./ 1:00 p.m./ 6:00 p.m./ 11:00 p.m. (PDT)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Got my party wiped like 4 times on Braye because I just couldn't pay attention any more after a whole day of ARR. Felt real bad.

MayMay

Banned
From the OP:

Yeah.. I saw that. Back when I started creating my character the page was still saying it's open. But now it's closed. Guess I just missed it. lol But I don't really mind, I'll wait.
Don't want to create my character on another server. Not a fan of paying for a transfer.

Gattsu25

Banned
You need to have created a character and logged into the PS3 version at least once. Then you can transfer for free via Square-Enix's account service, Mogstation.

Full details here: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/ps4/upgrade/

Thanks.

I had to delete a ton of games to make room for it on the PS3 but that worked.

Here's the high-level flow:
1) Download and play the PS3 version. Sign into your account and log in with one of your characters.
2) Sign into the square "mog station" account management site. Select the new option to upgrade from PS3 --> PS4. This will give you a PSN code that you can now redeem on the PSN store for the PS4 copy of the game. You will no longer be able to play the PS3 copy once this is done.

NeOak

I tried the PS4 version...

My eyes.

After getting used to ~100fps on a 144Hz monitor, it felt so choppy it was painful.

Oh, and I never figured out how to expand the chat window o.o

Amir0x

Banned
now i remember why i don't play MMORPGs, this shit creeps up on you and never lets go. I've been playing for hours on end now, I thiiink I need to rest for a few hours lol

Angelcurio

I just received the invite for the GAF company, but can't accept it, the command is red-ish and the game says that I still cannot access that option. Do I need to be a specific level or finish a specific quest in order to access the free company tab?

Sophia

A friendly reminder to all new players. If you're new to a particular type of group content, then speak up! Nobody minds helping someone who is new, but everyone minds it if you wipe our Garuda HM party twice over because you're too stupid, scared, or selfish to let us know ahead of time you're new to tanking. :p

Ken

Archer/Bard is probably one of the easiest roles since you can move and shoot at the same time. The only real catch is you end up being a support role end game which is DPS + buffs with your songs and whatnot.

support by doing max dps

Healing EX Levi is pretty easy...I was an idiot and got like...14 stacks but once Tiv explained the mechanic again, I was able to avoid that.

Aeana

A friendly reminder to all new players. If you're new to a particular type of group content, then speak up! Nobody minds helping someone who is new, but everyone minds it if you wipe our Garuda HM party twice over because you're too stupid, scared, or selfish to let us know ahead of time you're new to tanking. :p

Even though I whole-heartedly agree with people speaking up, it is sadly not true that "nobody minds helping someone who is new," because a lot of people will leave a group the moment they find out someone hasn't done it before.

Sorian

Banned
Healing EX Levi is pretty easy...I was an idiot and got like...14 stacks but once Tiv explained the mechanic again, I was able to avoid that.

I run levi ex pugs all the time if people haven't noticed (lol) and there is a healer that joins up regularly that apparently just says fuck it to the mechanic and gets up to 16 stacks regularly during the fight and then just lets the stacks drop off once they max out. At first, I thought s/he was a moron but I've now seen them solo heal a little less than half the fight so props I guess.

Aeana

I run levi ex pugs all the time if people haven't noticed (lol) and there is a healer that joins up regularly that apparently just says fuck it to the mechanic and gets up to 16 stacks regularly during the fight and then just lets the stacks drop off once they max out. At first, I thought s/he was a moron but I've now seen them solo heal a little less than half the fight so props I guess.

It's doable while gaining the stacks, but if you're a WHM and you're working with a SCH, you might as well just toss a regen on the off-tank and trust the SCH to heal the off-tank with their fairy most of the time, and focus on other things. I know in party finder and duty finder, getting two healers to work together can feel like a pipe dream, though.

suzu

Tried Moggle Mog Extreme and it didn't seem too bad. Wasn't able to clear it though, because people kept dying to the archer aoe and healers kept standing near the paladin moogle and getting charmed.

Still need to try Leviathan Ex. Hardly see any learning groups for it on pf. D:

Sorian

Banned
It's doable while gaining the stacks, but if you're a WHM and you're working with a SCH, you might as well just toss a regen on the off-tank and trust the SCH to heal the off-tank with their fairy most of the time, and focus on other things. I know in party finder and duty finder, getting two healers to work together can feel like a pipe dream, though.

What fascinated me more was that this healer is a SCH. I figured it would just be easier to let the pet do it s/he apparently didn't have time for that.

Edit: And suprisingly, I don't find it that hard to coordinate two random healers. At least not in levi, used to be difficult in ifrit though.

Istaerion

Going to try asking this again: does the NeoGAF Free Company on Ultros require me to be a member in-game to refer a couple of people I know to send in an application?

I had someone attempt to join earlier, but it doesn't seem they've gotten any results so far.

Sophia

Even though I whole-heartedly agree with people speaking up, it is sadly not true that "nobody minds helping someone who is new," because a lot of people will leave a group the moment they find out someone hasn't done it before.

I'm mainly referring to stuff that you can find in the Duty Roulette, as it's not like people can abandon those without a penalty. Although it's true you do get a bunch of jerkasses at endgame who are like that.

Sorian

Banned
I'm mainly referring to stuff that you can find in the Duty Roulette, as it's not like people can abandon those without a penalty. Although it's true you do get a bunch of jerkasses at endgame who are like that.

Why do people keep saying this? I just abandoned one the other day while all of us were still in there (yeah, I'm a dick, there was a reason I left) because people kept swearing up and down that there is still a penalty in place. So after my loading screen finished, I que'd right back up with no issue at all.

dcye

Should I buy this game? Is there a trial period? Is there sub for this game? What's the GAF community like on Balmung? Why can't I create a character on Ultros! How do I join the GAF guild? What's tanking? How do I move this or that or resize this or that? When is the first dungeon? I'm going to play Gladiator and subjob White Mage. How do I maximize my SMN DPS I'm so bad at this job, this game and life in general. Here's some screenshots of my lala. Titan EX wahhh wahhh.

/gafthread

Sorian

Banned
I don't believe there's a penalty if you've queued together as a group.

It was duty roulette.

Should I buy this game? Is there a trial period? Is there sub for this game? What's the GAF community like on Balmung? Why can't I create a character on Ultros! How do I join the GAF guild? What's tanking? How do I move this or that or resize this or that? When is the first dungeon? I'm going to play Gladiator and subjob White Mage. How do I maximize my SMN DPS I'm so bad at this job, this game and life in general. Here's some screenshots of my lala. Titan EX wahhh wahhh.

/gafthread

This thread cycles through the same topics faster than the persona community thread.

Zomba13

Why do people keep saying this? I just abandoned one the other day while all of us were still in there (yeah, I'm a dick, there was a reason I left) because people kept swearing up and down that there is still a penalty in place. So after my loading screen finished, I que'd right back up with no issue at all.

It's weird. Sometimes there is, sometimes there isn't. I know there isn't one if you aren't the first to leave but even when being the first to leave sometimes I've been able to re-queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom