• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MogCakes

just press the pad button to select some other part of the screen then cancel out to get rid of the cursor. I personally turned off the virtual mouse because I found it annoying to use.

Did Sastasha, with 4 people who were around the same level as myself and, knowing what I needed to do, that went a lot quicker and a lot smoother.

I knew I didn't suck at this. :D

I even got commendations for it. I think that's good.

NysGAF

/p for party chat (default bright blue colour), it should show up along with FC chat and other messages in the default chat window.

If that happens again ask the DPS to let the tank grab things first before running into monsters. Doesn't sound like you did anything wrong there, just got overwhelmed by an overzealous DPS. Next time I'd speak up about it if it happens again and if the DPS still run into battle before the tank I'd say It's ok to let them die as a means of teaching them to let the tank go first.

Thank you. I'll try that. I didn't see any blue messages so I guess my team wasn't talking to me either.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Just bought it for my PC. It's my first MMO ever. I've no one with whom to play. Please play with me, guys :(

Anyone in a similar boat? I'm Central European Time. I can usually play for an hour a night.

How is this game doing now that the PS4 has launched? Heavily populated lower level zones again? Not that they were empty before, it just was mostly atma farmers.

desu

On Excalibur

Small = 2 million
Medium = 20 million
Large = 60 million

Damn, how cheap large ones are these days.

Anyway, at least on Ragnarok all wards are full or almost full in Grid/Limsa, only Uldah seems to be hated as there are only very few houses there. Wonder how this is on other servers.

dubq

Do you guys think individual housing will be coming soon? I like the FC Ultros estate but it would still be cool to buy my own cabin or something. :p

Starting the game now.. Is Bard a fun class?

I want to go with something that can attack from distance but I fear white mage is not much fun when soloing.

Are blk mage or summoner better choices regarding fun factor?

Korezo

When I quit in September no party I joined could clear Titan hard mode, 7 months later I play again for ps4 launch and beat Titan hard with first group, but now any party that I join for Garuda extreme is a failure... I guess I have to take another 7 month break to then be able to get a clear.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Starting the game now.. Is Bard a fun class?

I want to go with something that can attack from distance but I fear white mage is not much fun when soloing.

Are blk mage or summoner better choices regarding fun factor?

I've been a Bard since PS3 launch and its stupid easy to play and pretty fun. Possibly the easiest class to play. Basic rotation of damage skills to use every fight with two major DOT abilities and several buffs to toss up in the mix as they are ready. Can get mindless by the endgame though(most classes probably do), but I have enjoyed it.

I have experimented with a Thaumaturge/Black Mage and it is also pretty interesting. Not much more difficult than Bard, but slightly more engaging managing MP and the different elemental buffs.

You can always switch classes at anytime on the same character if you want to try each out(after hitting I think lv 10 with your first choice). So feel free to give em both a try and see what sticks.

I've been a Bard since PS3 launch and its stupid easy to play and pretty fun. Possibly the easiest class to play. Basic rotation of damage skills to use every fight with two major DOT abilities and several buffs to toss up in the mix as they are ready. Can get mindless by the endgame though(most classes probably do), but I have enjoyed it.

I have experimented with a Thaumaturge/Black Mage and it is also pretty interesting. Not much more difficult than Bard, but slightly more engaging managing MP and the different elemental buffs.

You can always switch classes at anytime on the same character if you want to try each out(after hitting I think lv 10 with your first choice). So feel free to give em both a try and see what sticks.

Thank you. I'll star an archer/bard and change once it gets boring.

Sorian

Banned
Y'all heard? If you want to join a real levi ex farm group you gotta be big dick dps and you gotta go hard, one mistake = kick.

mcw

I picked this up on PS4 and have been enjoying it, but it's nearly impossible to read the NPC text (and I thought that I had a pretty big TV at 40", too). Is there any way to increase the text size? If not, anyone know if that's something that will be addressed in the future?

Mesharey

I picked this up on PS4 and have been enjoying it, but it's nearly impossible to read the NPC text (and I thought that I had a pretty big TV at 40", too). Is there any way to increase the text size? If not, anyone know if that's something that will be addressed in the future?
You can increase it to 140% from settings, but if you did that ...

mcw

You can increase it to 140% from settings, but if you did that ...

That's where it's set by default. Oy...

I've gotten in the habit of not even attempting to read any of the NPC text associated with quests. It's a shame, since the game plays so well with a controller; I'm really not feeling like I'm missing anything from the PC experience aside from this.

Zomba13

<3 Ravi
6iwCGfe.jpg

Random newbie question...

I just started a couple of days ago and I'm lvl 11. There appears to be an egg hunt quest going on in the main square but can't join because I'm not lvl 15. Is there anything special I'd be missing out on but not grinding to lvl 15 to participate in this today? Figured this was an Easter time sensitive thing, could be completely wrong

chrono01

Your static? /noob
A "static" is a group of people you run end-game content with weekly, such as Bahamut's Coil. Thankfully, I'm in a pretty amazing one. I can't imagine doing end-game content without them.

Sorry to hear about your situation, dcye. I hope things improve for you soon.

Mesharey

I've gotten in the habit of not even attempting to read any of the NPC text associated with quests. It's a shame, since the game plays so well with a controller; I'm really not feeling like I'm missing anything from the PC experience aside from this.
I just read the main story, skip all the side missions. So many text to read.

Is it better to lvl up Gladiator to lvl 50 or choose Paladin and go to lvl 50?
If I choose Paladin, will it start from lvl 30 or 1?

Sorian

Banned

I just started a couple of days ago and I'm lvl 11. There appears to be an egg hunt quest going on in the main square but can't join because I'm not lvl 15. Is there anything special I'd be missing out on but not grinding to lvl 15 to participate in this today? Figured this was an Easter time sensitive thing, could be completely wrong

You'll miss out on an egg hat for your eventual chocobo but the thing is kind of ugly so IMO you aren't missing much.

I just read the main story, skip all the side missions. So many text to read.

Is it better to lvl up Gladiator to lvl 50 or choose Paladin and go to lvl 50?
If I choose Paladin, will it start from lvl 30 or 1?

If you stay as a gladiator then you are useless in any group content from level 30-50 and think of the level as always being the gladiator's level. There is a paladin soul that only gladiator's can equip and that soul allows you to access the paladin specific traits and talents.

Zomba13

Easter event. You can buy Easter Egg hats and rings from the vendor next to the quest giver and doing the quests give you bronze eggs which have a random item inside (glamour prisms for vanity, egg related foods, pieces of allagan currency you can sell for gil) and can be upgrade to silver and then gold (10 bronze = 1 silver, 10 silver = 1 gold).

The final part of the Easter questline gets you an Egg Harness for the Chocobo. A little egg hat for them (just vanity).

aceface

As a last resort you can change it to 720p.

Just did NM Titan again...it's hilarious going back to that fight after doing HM and EM. I keep expecting more to happen and then laughing at how simple the fight is. I struggled so much with that fight at first.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The NPC text box is SO SMALL. It is eye strainingly difficult to read. I'm playing on PC on my couch, like I do all games. I've managed to increase many other text boxes and texts but the NPC text... I can't figure it out! Does an option even exist?

edit: Oh look, I'm not the only one with this problem. WTF, how did this pass months of play?

Zomba13

The NPC text box is SO SMALL. It is eye strainingly difficult to read. I'm playing on PC on my couch, like I do all games. I've managed to increase many other text boxes and texts but the NPC text... I can't figure it out! Does an option even exist?

edit: Oh look, I'm not the only one with this problem. WTF, how did this pass months of play?

I was 100% convinced that it could be resized with everything else (partly because every other element can and partly because I was sure I resized it by accident in the beta and didn't know how to get it back). Turns out the NPC dialouge is the only thing that can't be resized for some bizarre reason, which is weird because the chat box can, and the NPC dialouge shows up in the 'Event' Tab.

Obviously not the best way to handle things but you can get the chat box to show during a cutscene, go to the 'event' tab and the text will show up there, but will be 1 dialouge box behind what is on screen.

Gaz_RB

If you can believe it... the text was even smaller during the beta haha.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Months? We are probably going to be on nigh a year until it is fixed, if it ever is. I'm most excited for user made mods to fix stuff (If Square-Enix ever allows it)

It's way worse on 2560x1200p screens. The text is bad but what really hurts combat is the fact that cooldown messages are tiny and can't be made bigger. Also Square-Enix decided assets like the minimap and buff/debuff icons were to be made low res. Increasing those to the maximum size allowed makes for an eye sore in 1200p.

Newbie question also: Is there any way to remove the chat window on PS4? I'm playing by myself at this moment so I don't think I need it there. My friends will join the game once they get a break from college.

hank_tree

Newbie question also: Is there any way to remove the chat window on PS4? I'm playing by myself at this moment so I don't think I need it there. My friends will join the game once they get a break from college.

Don't know if you can remove it completely but using a mouse or the touchpad you can drag the top right corner to resize it. I presume you could just resize it down to nothingness.

fernoca

Was waiting for a friend to start this on PS4, but guess that downloading the game using the PS3-to-PS4 code; starts the 30 days trial; without running it once. Checked MogStation and it was "25 days left" already. :/ Oh well, joining today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom