• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fek

So, I did my first few guildhest and dungeons today and the lag was brutal, the game would just freeze and then suddenly speed up after a while. Out of instances I never have any lag, including in fates with lots of people. It seems to be a known issue?

Sorian

Banned
So, I did my first few guildhest and dungeons today and the lag was brutal, the game would just freeze and then suddenly speed up after a while. Out of instances I never have any lag, including in fates with lots of people. It seems to be a known issue?

There was a problem with 4 man content but I thought it had been corrected. That's a shame if its back again. Made my bray speed runs hell.

Soi-Fong

Is ACN worth leveling up to 34 for WHM to get Eye for an Eye?

Also for BLM, is quelling strikes worth getting from the ARC class?

Sorian

Banned
I won some stuff in an instant, no clue where its gone ? looked in armorie in the quicksand and there is nothing

It's in your armory chest which is another type of bag you have on you. It's in the same menu as your regular inventory but I don't remember the hot key to open it.

Is ACN worth leveling up to 34 for WHM to get Eye for an Eye?

Also for BLM, is quelling strikes worth getting from the ARC class?

Quelling strikes is worth it but not necessary. I do without myself to the terror of the tanks with me but they learn to deal.

Gaz_RB

Well, there's a pretty crappy bug with the FC applications. If someone who submitted an application deletes their character, you cannot deny their application. There's no way to remove it from the list. Since you can only have 8 applications at a time, that's a pretty big deal. Hopefully we can get SE to fix this.

I just imagined the idea that you could cripple a rival growing FC like this. SE better fix it soon.

the_id

finally swapped from Phoenix to Ultros.

applied for recruitment to GAFs free company via website and the game.
Character - Finrod Felagun

Please accept me. I all alone in this big world.

Note to self: don't do CT runs on Sunday nights. Dear lord. I'm not the type to get upset at other people for their accidents (shit happens), but I've seen some shit tonight that had me wondering how they even got to level 50.

So I just got the game today and jumped in on PS4. Spent the better part of 3 hours just getting acclimated. In the long run, what's the best move, DS4 or KB&M?

So I caved and picked this up on ps4. My question is, is there a way to have my character face whatever enemy I'm locked onto? There is an option for making you face the target when an action is performed, but it doesn't seem to do anything

NM, I found it with pressing L3

Zomba13

Note to self: don't do CT runs on Sunday nights. Dear lord. I'm not the type to get upset at other people for their accidents (shit happens), but I've seen some shit tonight that had me wondering how they even got to level 50.

Odds are they were doing it on purpose. CT is a trolls paradise.

SRTtoZ

So I just got the game today and jumped in on PS4. Spent the better part of 3 hours just getting acclimated. In the long run, what's the best move, DS4 or KB&M?

For an MMO I would always go KB/M if you have that setup. If you don't have a decent setup then of course a controller would be fine but I couldn't imagine healing or tanking with a controller having to swap through hotbars when I could keybind it all right in front of me. Different strokes and all...

Dunan

Great to see more people who can't stand the tiny, un-resizeable NPC text. This is one of the most beautifully translated games out there (Michael Christopher Koji Fox is a genius), and the dialogue really deserves to be read in full.

In other news... I don't have a PS4, and yesterday I found myself paying an obscene price to finally have one: the FFXIV edition, limited to 1400 units. Nearly $600, but I know I'll be using it for years. Can't wait until it gets here!

So, I'm finally at level 15 and I unlocked the armoury system. I'm a Thaumaturge and now, as far as I was able to understand, I can pick a job or class from now on. Any advice or guide? I'm kinda lost on what I can do now from level 15 and so on.

By the way, I told 2 friends who are not that into MMOs (much less into FF) to buy the game. They did, to my surprise. Now their life is over and one of them will probably kick his girlfriend once we do Crystal Tower (kidding! hopefully...)

Don't know if you can remove it completely but using a mouse or the touchpad you can drag the top right corner to resize it. I presume you could just resize it down to nothingness.

Thanks!

In other news... I don't have a PS4, and yesterday I found myself paying an obscene price to finally have one: the FFXIV edition, limited to 1400 units. Nearly $600, but I know I'll be using it for years. Can't wait until it gets here!

wait.......what? a FFXIV PS4? pics please.

Artorias

Banned
I took a pretty long break so I'm not quite sure how much has been added. After getting a lot of Mythology token gear and running a ton of CT, what should I try next via Duty Finder?

I have my relic+1 but haven't done much else. Is there anything else aside from Coil, and is Coil too hard for a Duty Finder group?

Level 27 on Conjurer, Level 15 on Arcanist, and I'm hoping to get all magic-based classes to 50 by the end of summer.
I'll probably still main White Mage/Scholar because of short wait-times for the Duty List.

My subscription is definitely a given, and all expansions shall be purchased day one.
Along with any other Fat mounts because Fat Chocobo da bess Chocobo.

Sizzle55

Great to see more people who can't stand the tiny, un-resizeable NPC text. This is one of the most beautifully translated games out there (Michael Christopher Koji Fox is a genius), and the dialogue really deserves to be read in full.

Wow didn't know one existed, nice buy man I hope you enjoy it. Any pics would love to see them.

Dunan

wait.......what? a FFXIV PS4? pics please.

This baby right here:

20140326_PS4_2.png

...when mine arrives, I shall take real photos. It's quite stylish-looking.

Tabris

OK. I like the book concept but the myth requirement for books is way too high. Reduce it down to 900. Like getting your Zenith for each book.

supergiz

So I am in the market for a coil static again after my 3 month hiatus. My gear is ilvl 90, I know turn 5 to the twister part.

My schedule is pretty open but I live on the west coast. I am available M-F from 6pm PST. Saturday and Sunday are free as well.

Please let me know if you have a spot. :)

Sincerely,

Gizu Momozu

P.S. I can even jump in as a temporary for if a dps can't make it that week.

CT is always like that, unless you absolutely are dead set on something from there it's no worth going in.

CT is always like that, unless you absolutely are dead set on something from there it's no worth going in.

I see a lot of people say shit like this, but I've never had an issue with CT aside from the old "tanks 'fighting' over skeletons" on bone dragon or somebody making a mistake on Atomos (stepping off the plate, tanks making a mistake and getting folks on the plate killed) all of which are easily corrected on the 2nd attempt or so.

And I've run a TON of CT's.

godl!ke

Neo Member
Trying to get into Ultros, but it's not accepting new people :(

Are there any tips on getting into crowded servers? Just got the game yesterday.

New to this game, and I have a real dumb question.

I see people doing all types of cool jobs. Like crafting armor, making food, making weapons, fishing, etc.

I am a conjurer and when I tried to do leatherworking the NPC said continue with your current path or something to that effect

When can I choose another job besides being a conjurer? Do I have to reach a certain level with conjuring?

Thanks for any help.

Maybe an FFXIV Lore historian can help me here: Bahamut shows up and completely fucks the place up. why dont we see more random bits of destruction throughout the world of Eorzea?

Sophia

I see people doing all types of cool jobs. Like crafting armor, making food, making weapons, fishing, etc.

I am a conjurer and when I tried to do leatherworking the NPC said continue with your current path or something to that effect

When can I choose another job besides being a conjurer? Do I have to reach a certain level with conjuring?

Thanks for any help.

Reach level 10 and complete the associated class quest. You'll unlock the Armory System, at which point you can go around to the various guilds and unlock the other classes.

Maybe an FFXIV Lore historian can help me here: Bahamut shows up and completely fucks the place up. why dont we see more random bits of destruction throughout the world of Eorzea?

You do. Mor Dhona has entire sections that cannot be explored now because of the destruction, and the landscape was changed pretty rapidly as a result. A good deal of the endgame dungeon, The Binding Coil of Bahamut, is also exploring the Allagain ruins left behind.

Thanks for any help.

Once you reach level 10, you can pick a craft or multiple crafts or all of the crafts.

MayMay

Banned
Trying to get into Ultros, but it's not accepting new people :(

Are there any tips on getting into crowded servers? Just got the game yesterday.

I was in the same situation yesterday, had it idling on the character creation for 8 hours until I went to bed (and got in when I woke up). You can check the OP for a link that'll tell you if the server is open or not, but generally - from my experience yesterday - I'd guess itll open up during nighttime in North America.

You do. Mor Dhona has entire sections that cannot be explored now because of the destruction, and the landscape was changed pretty rapidly as a result. A good deal of the endgame dungeon, The Binding Coil of Bahamut, is also exploring the Allagain ruins left behind.

then i need to get my ass in gear and start exploring more. hoping to hit 50 by the end of the week.(42 WHM now)

Zomba13

Coerthas used to be a green/mountain highlandy place, now it's perma-winter. Mor Dhona was always fucked up because of the stuff that happened before the game with Midgardsomr and the Garlean airship but got even more fucked.

Then in the rest of the world the giant crystaly areas are results of Bahamut's fun time rampage and the aether messing up and all that.

Alex

OK. I like the book concept but the myth requirement for books is way too high. Reduce it down to 900. Like getting your Zenith for each book.

On one hand, the whole Atma / Animus bit is a little bothersome because it's very obnoxious, artificial content in a game that has some big holes in it's spread right now. On the other hand, MMO players are just crazy enough to do it and it keeps people in FATEs for lowbies and dungeon groups/speed runs for people wanting points and drops, so hey it works I guess. There's several paths for weapons, anyhow.

Only time I went down a rabbit hole like that in an MMO was grinding for a Darkmoon Card in WoW. Difference is that took like... a fifth of the time and it was for a unique and interesting item with an awesome proc that lasted like three tiers of content. That and making those cards was fun in itself, video game gambling always gets me.

It'd be nice, provided they ever come up with decent itemization, if in the future they could have something unique and class specific on relics. I really, really hope Yoshida has something planned to improve the extremely mundane state of equipment and stats for the expansion.

So I went to try to subscribe to this game...

What.A....Clusterfuck!

Crysta? Which site? Mogstation wants to give me the Japanese site on Google, Lodestone is a totally different site. I finally got it set up, but it was much more difficult than it should be, IMHO.

Sophia

What.A....Clusterfuck!

Crysta? Which site? Mogstation wants to give me the Japanese site on Google, Lodestone is a totally different site. I finally got it set up, but it was much more difficult than it should be, IMHO.

Everything is done from the MogStation, which should be in English if you access it from the Lodestone in English.

godl!ke

Neo Member

What.A....Clusterfuck!

Oh yes, SE is so freaking archaic. During beta phase 1, I deleted my SE account because of lag. I thought I could just use a different account. NOPE.JPG

I gave up the game. Lo and behold, bought the game yesterday, thinking that I would finally be able to use a different account, NOPE.JPG. Customer support wasn't any help, chat couldn't help me. I was going so crazy.

Finally someone on chat suggested I rather reopen my closed account and use it rather than linking my new account.

How hard is it to disconnect an account from my PSN id? Apparently very. I guess it's just a Japanese thing, archaic support systems/infrastructure.

Sophia

Oh yes, SE is so freaking archaic. During beta phase 1, I deleted my SE account because of lag. I thought I could just use a different account. NOPE.JPG

I gave up the game. Lo and behold, bought the game yesterday, thinking that I would finally be able to use a different account, NOPE.JPG. Customer support wasn't any help, chat couldn't help me. I was going so crazy.

Finally someone on chat suggested I rather reopen my closed account and use it rather than linking my new account.

How hard is it to disconnect an account from my PSN id? Apparently very. I guess it's just a Japanese thing, archaic support systems/infrastructure.

I'd like to point out that the linking of PSN IDs to other service accounts is not exclusive to Square-Enix. It's a system Sony has in place. When I had to unlink an unused Origin account from my PSN ID, I had to get ahold of EA tech support. They flat out told me that there are risks with it, and that I accept full responsibility if something goes wrong and data is lost. Nothing did, mind you, but still...

So don't go blaming Square-Enix, because it's probably not their fault. They make it clear on the Lodestone that the MogStation is the place to manage all account related stuff and nowhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom