• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If I ever have to do Quarn I make sure the other party members know how to do the first boss especially if there is a message saying this is their first time doing it. Bees are a minor annoyance. Quarn is pretty fucking easy, but then again the last time I did it I had to direct everyone like a general. I got 3 commendations as a Lancer though :O

If you hate Quarn, you will not like Stone Vigil at all.

Sorian

Banned
There's no aggro table

This isn't really true. It's there, it is just stupid the way it "works" For best results, I've found that it will aggro whoever has the most enmity on the heart until the first break and then aggro to whoever has the most enmity on the boss itself from then on in the fight with some slips over to the heart's enmity list here and there for fun.

Mesharey

If you stay as a gladiator then you are useless in any group content from level 30-50 and think of the level as always being the gladiator's level. There is a paladin soul that only gladiator's can equip and that soul allows you to access the paladin specific traits and talents.
OK, lvl 27 now in Gladiator when I reach 30 then switch to Conjurer to become a Paladin.

Alucrid

Banned
This isn't really true. It's there, it is just stupid the way it "works" For best results, I've found that it will aggro whoever has the most enmity on the heart until the first break and then aggro to whoever has the most enmity on the boss itself from then on in the fight with some slips over to the heart's enmity list here and there for fun.

What? I've tanked it plenty of times, having the most enmity during either phase, and it'll still run across the room to hit whoever after the first heart. If what you're saying is true then it shouldn't ever go away from the tank since they'll top both enmity lists.

Sorian

Banned
What? I've tanked it plenty of times, having the most enmity during either phase, and it'll still run across the room to hit whoever. If what you're saying is true then it shouldn't ever go away from the tank since they'll top both enmity lists.

Turning around/moving to cast that thing where it punches the floor in a line does not equal losing aggro on the boss. Past that, I already said that the aggro table is shit but to say it isn't there is wrong. With the way that thing can hit the caster dps or healers, no aggro table would mean even less people would be getting through Qarn regularly.

Zomba13

What? I've tanked it plenty of times, having the most enmity during either phase, and it'll still run across the room to hit whoever after the first heart. If what you're saying is true then it shouldn't ever go away from the tank since they'll top both enmity lists.

This. The golem, after first heart phase, just goes attacks whoever for a little bit before going back to the tank.

SkylineRKR

Yes, Invigorate and Blood for Blood are kinda essential. It kinda sucks because LNC is so boring to play as

Out of the classes I played (MRD, CNJ, PUG), Lancer was the least boring I found. I usually start with Feint, then try to get behind enemies (or stun them), Impulse from behind. Heavy Thrust from the side, then the Full Thrust combo with Life Surge if needed.

A problem I do have is that sort of falls into the middle. Its not as durable as a Tank and there are more essential DPS out there. Thats what I feel during dungeons. But I'm 2 levels short of DRG so I will see where it goes.

Alucrid

Banned
Turning around/moving to cast that thing where it punches the floor in a line does not equal losing aggro on the boss. Past that, I already said that the aggro table is shit but to say it isn't there is wrong. With the way that thing can hit the caster dps or healers, no aggro table would mean even less people would be getting through Qarn regularly.

Then I don't get what shit aggro table you're complaining about. If you have hate on the soulstone you'll have hate on the boss. It works just like titan.

Sorian

Banned
Then I don't get what shit aggro table you're complaining about. If you have hate on the soulstone you'll have hate on the boss. It works just like titan.

Except it doesn't, that's the point. The fight tries to pretend that the golem and the stone have their own tables and it can almost feel random which one the mob wants to use to decide who to attack.

where is the cheapest I can get this game for ps4?

I don't know where but your best bet is to buy the PS3 version, get it all set up and then use the free upgrade to the PS4 (this involves you having access to a PS3 or the computer version though because you need to log in to get mog station up and running).

Yeah, the story leads you that way.

Question relating to dungeons/main quest:
Is it true that I have to go through three dungeons, one in each area, in the main questline? I've done the first and the second is ready to go, I just want to prepare myself for a third.

IvorB

The music they play during the levequests (?) is some of the best battle music I've ever heard. Gets me so pumped up every time. :)

I'm having such a blast with this game.

Shamdeo

Yeah, the story leads you that way.

Question relating to dungeons/main quest:
Is it true that I have to go through three dungeons, one in each area, in the main questline? I've done the first and the second is ready to go, I just want to prepare myself for a third.

Yes. You should also expect to do more dungeons through the main storyline, including two relatively back to back at the end of the Main Scenario.

Newegg had the ps3 version for like 20 I think. (I can't quite remember) So you can buy that then upgrade to ps4 for free.

thanks you guys. the ps3 version is 17.99 plus an extra 10% off on the site and I just purchased it. After watching some streaming on Playstation Live I need this game in my life. Is the upgrade process pretty easy?

Sorian

Banned
thanks you guys. the ps3 version is 17.99 plus an extra 10% off on the site and I just purchased it. After watching some streaming on Playstation Live I need this game in my life. Is the upgrade process pretty easy?

Once you have an account set up and can get into the mog station on-line, I believe its as simple as clicking a button and confirming that you are aware that you are losing the PS3 license and gaining a PS4 license on your account. Just make sure you use the same PSN ID for both.*

*This entire post is based on assumptions, I'm a PC player who has just seen a lot of people give the same explanation.

Yes. You should also expect to do more dungeons through the main storyline, including two relatively back to back at the end of the Main Scenario.

Thank you.

I don't mind them after really figuring my role out, but I have found most quests I can jump into and finish relatively quickly and, if not, I can stop mid way, whereas the ones that require me to be part of a team, I don't want to start until I know I know I will be able to finish.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
after doing mog normal over 20 times 2 weeks ago and giving up, my retainer decided to bring this back

Ypj8M9h.jpg

retainer = best players

I will be glad when all these event eggs are gone. They make all three cities look tacky as hell. And that horrible theme music...yuck!

But I must say, just got my ps4 and can easily say this is the prettiest game I own. Sometimes I just walk around slowly to take it all in. The world setting and lore feels damn solid.

Sorian

Banned
Thank you.

I don't mind them after really figuring my role out, but I have found most quests I can jump into and finish relatively quickly and, if not, I can stop mid way, whereas the ones that require me to be part of a team, I don't want to start until I know I know I will be able to finish.

Well you are only ever doing one dungeon at a time and you fail the dungeon if you hit 90 minutes, so you only have to set aside an hour and a half once you're in there and, even then, it should never take anywhere close to that long.

I will be glad when all these event eggs are gone. They make all three cities look tacky as hell. And that horrible theme music...yuck!

But I must say, just got my ps4 and can easily say this is the prettiest game I own. Sometimes I just walk around slowly to take it all in. The world setting and lore feels damn solid.

But the easter music is the best.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Just shot off an application for the FC in-game. Due to having been a part of the FC prior, the website won't let me access the recruitment section of the page.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
How can I open it? >_>
I think I finished all Easter eggs missions (the last one that requires 4 players).
You go to your inventory -> select the egg -> press Square if you're playing using a controller -> Open.

I think you get 10 bronze eggs when you finish the Easter missions. You can either open all 10 of them or trade them in to the Dreamer next to the Easter quest giver for 1 silver egg. The same rule applies to the silver eggs, you can turn 10 of them in for a gold egg but the Easter bunnies that drop the silver eggs have an atrocious spawn rate so it might not be worth your time to go looking for them.

The key is tracking down the spriggans that spawn the FATE where you kill as many as you can before it ends. I remember one was in South Shroud near Camp Tranquill, I probably killed at least 50 spriggans.

Aeana

Well, there's a pretty crappy bug with the FC applications. If someone who submitted an application deletes their character, you cannot deny their application. There's no way to remove it from the list. Since you can only have 8 applications at a time, that's a pretty big deal. Hopefully we can get SE to fix this.

Sophia

Well, there's a pretty crappy bug with the FC applications. If someone who submitted an application deletes their character, you cannot deny their application. There's no way to remove it from the list. Since you can only have 8 applications at a time, that's a pretty big deal. Hopefully we can get SE to fix this.

Applications seem really buggy all around. Sometimes we can't invite people to our company on Adamantoise until they withdraw it, and applicants appear to get the FC buffs even if they're not members, lol...

Hedrush

This is quite possibly the most fun game I've ever played. I'm rubbish and really don't have a clue about all the stuff you high level guys/girls are talking about, but yeah I'm having fun. :D

Alright spent all day going from lvl 11 to 15 for this Easter thing. So wait how do I get to the city the event is taking place in? I got the pristine egg cap, but now I'm being told I have to visit Grindania to speak with someone there..

In in Limsa Lominsa if that helps any

Sorian

Banned

Hmmm......

Do you ban me if I quickly make some characters, submit an app, and delete them filling all 8 spots?

Alright spent all day going from lvl 11 to 15 for this Easter thing. So wait how do I get to the city the event is taking place in? I got the pristine egg cap, but now I'm being told I have to visit Grindania to speak with someone there..

Do the main storyline quests until you get the airship pass so that you can fly to each of the 3 cities. It's a level 15 quest iirc so you just need to catch up.

Sophia

You need the airship pass, which is obtained by completing the main story up to level 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom