• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

37723F8E3AE458D399795CFBE05C2E8EB6C3B143

This is the first queue I've seen since the early days :eek:

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Is there anyway I can disable the touch pad on the ps4 cause it's kinda getting in the way
Disable the touchpad from working as a mouse under system configuration.

TC6XbpQ.png

I'd also recommend turning on the expanded touch pad controls so when you click one side it'll cycle forward through the HUD and when you click on the other side it'll cycle back.

dcye

details! love that mmo drama

Not much to it. FC leader tried to steal our tank for his group, our leader found out, him and his best friend IRL left our FC and the tank took up the offer and went to our main static. Now we're down 2 healers and a tank, all of which were founding members and the leaders.

Its also the third static I've had fall apart and I really don't want to put the effort in to finding another. I'm gonna hold off a week to see what happens but I'm probably going to quit the game. I'm tired of dealing with overly emotional idiots.

In other news, ShinRa exploded haha. All the good players left and started a new FC because Krietor is a complete dickhead. Got what he deserves from what I've been told.

Mairu

Not much to it. FC leader tried to steal our tank for his group, our leader found out, him and his best friend IRL left our FC and the tank took up the offer and went to our main static. Now we're down 2 healers and a tank, all of which were founding members and the leaders.

Its also the third static I've had fall apart and I really don't want to put the effort in to finding another. I'm gonna hold off a week to see what happens but I'm probably going to quit the game. I'm tired of dealing with overly emotional idiots.

In other news, ShinRa exploded haha. All the good players left and started a new FC because Krietor is a complete dickhead. Got what he deserves from what I've been told.

I feel your pain.

My group got T8 down on Thursday and on Sunday 3 of them decided they were done with the game -_-

Mairu

What happened?

Something personal came up with one of them which would limit his time to play in the future (who happened to be the one leading the raids mostly) and I guess it was just convenient timing to decide to stop for the other two.

Zukuu

Banned
So... can you customize your character in ANY way skill wise or is every lvl xx dragoon like every other. so far I got 3 skill points which obviously each class will spent into their main attribute. Other than that, I don't see how you can alter your character due to the lack of a skill tree...

And I dunno about the story. So far it was an endless barrage of stupid, plain fetch quests. Atm lvl 12 and so far nothing of interest has happened yet. mhh....

Gaz_RB

Sorry to hear that, sounds messed up. Come to GAF on Ultros! I imagine that we're going to be forming a few more statics as PS4 players hit the endgame here pretty soon.

Tabris

GAF FC is not the place for existing hardcore players to join in my opinion, unless you have some set friends already. GAF is amazing until about EX Primals / Turn 5 onward, then there's a large gap. All the old hardcore players have existing statics and don't interact outside their static much on the harder content. There's some roaming players so you can sometimes get groups together, but ideally need a static. Took me a while to create a static and we're still just getting off the ground. Just my take, others experience can be different.

If you were to server move, try to move with existing players to start a static then join GAF.

aceface

Anyone else on PS4 just get disconnected? I logged back in and now I have no UI...

Been weird all night. I got 90k'd a bunch earlier. When I got back the info from the last piece of loot that had dropped from the dungeon was stuck on the screen. Had to log out and log back in again to get it to go away.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Do you have to use a one time password each and every time you log in? It is a pain. Why can't it be like Valve's system when you authenticate a machine via 2 step? That way, I don't always need to use a one time password. And I have to reenter my password, too? It won't remember it? Weak :/

Gaz_RB

Do you have to use a one time password each and every time you log in? It is a pain. Why can't it be like Valve's system when you authenticate a machine via 2 step? That way, I don't always need to use a one time password. And I have to reenter my password, too? It won't remember it? Weak :/

It's kind of annoying when you just want to boot up the PS4 and FF14 for a few minutes to do a quick quest or two, but have to jump through so many hoops just to jump in. Hope they add a save password option.

Ken

you could just not use a OTP and hope you don't get your account stolen

Aeana

Yeah, if you were around near launch and saw how many people got their accounts stolen all the time, you'd be willing to put up with the annoyance of the one-time password. It's pretty minor compared to losing your account/having to go through SE support.

Angelcurio

Lots of disconnections this night, and to make matters worse, the game takes you out to the launcher, where you have to input your password once again. They should make the game remember your ID and password so you don't have to input them each you want to play, feels archaic.

I reached level 13 a couple of hours ago, but the main quests have just been plain boring, does the main story quest pick up the pace at any point, or are the whole quest always like that?

dcye

Sorry to hear that, sounds messed up. Come to GAF on Ultros! I imagine that we're going to be forming a few more statics as PS4 players hit the endgame here pretty soon.

This is gonna sound elitist as fuck but whatever. If I quit the game, I'm quitting because I won't be raiding second coil and have a severe lack of content to participate in that I haven't done a million times. I don't want to pay $25 to transfer and play through all of that content again. I don't want to grind Twin for hours and hours with new people, I don't want to watch people get booted off the platform in Titan EX or not have enough dps for the nails in Ifrit EX. I've done that for hours. I don't have anything against new players and wish all of the PS4 people the best of luck, but I've already put thousands of hours into this game and have exhausted non-raid content. I have friends on the server and can do all of this causally with them, I don't need to transfer for it.

The problem is that finding any open spot in a static that's seriously attempting Turns 6-9 is almost impossible at this point, especially as a player that mains as a DPS class, hence my position.

I feel your pain.

My group got T8 down on Thursday and on Sunday 3 of them decided they were done with the game -_-

Lame. Need a BRD or DRG? That is something I'd actually transfer for.

Mairu

This is gonna sound elitist as fuck but whatever. If I quit the game, I'm quitting because I won't be raiding second coil and have a severe lack of content to participate in that I haven't done a million times. I don't want to pay $25 to transfer and play through all of that content again. I don't want to grind Twin for hours and hours with new people, I don't want to watch people get booted off the platform in Titan EW or not have enough dps for the nails in Ifrit EW. I've done that for hours. I don't have anything against new players and wish all of the PS4 people the best of luck, but I've already put thousands of hours into this game and have exhausted non-raid content. I have friends on the server and can do all of this causally with them, I don't need to transfer for it.

The problem is that finding any open spot in a static that's seriously attempting Turns 6-9 is almost impossible at this point, especially as a player that mains as a DPS class, hence my position.

Lame. Need a BRD or DRG? That is something I'd actually;y transfer for.

The group is dead. Another person decided it was also, the right time to stop playing.

I don't really blame them, but the timing is annoying. All that effort and time into learning & getting T7 & 8 down just to throw it out when there's only one left :/

Gaz_RB

This is gonna sound elitist as fuck but whatever. If I quit the game, I'm quitting because I won't be raiding second coil and have a severe lack of content to participate in that I haven't done a million times. I don't want to pay $25 to transfer and play through all of that content again. I don't want to grind Twin for hours and hours with new people, I don't want to watch people get booted off the platform in Titan EX or not have enough dps for the nails in Ifrit EX. I've done that for hours. I don't have anything against new players and wish all of the PS4 people the best of luck, but I've already put thousands of hours into this game and have exhausted non-raid content. I have friends on the server and can do all of this causally with them, I don't need to transfer for it.
Not elitist, I now understand your predicament. I guess I really didn't realize how much time an effort people pour into the endgame. Good luck!

Milly79

So, I hit 46 today and my next story quest is at 49. I've done every single side quest I can find throughout the zones they've sent me to. Am I really going to have to dungeon, leve and guildheist all the way to 50 or am I missing some zones? Xp has literally slowed to a crawl at this point.

Finally our static beat T5 lol Time to move on :p

GAF FC is not the place for existing hardcore players to join in my opinion, unless you have some set friends already. GAF is amazing until about EX Primals / Turn 5 onward, then there's a large gap. All the old hardcore players have existing statics and don't interact outside their static much on the harder content. There's some roaming players so you can sometimes get groups together, but ideally need a static. Took me a while to create a static and we're still just getting off the ground. Just my take, others experience can be different.

This is what have been known for a while. GAF FC is massive but it is fragmented into small groups and people mostly play their end game with their groups and it is really difficult for newcomers to break into. Of course you will get help here and there but nobody will come to help you run something requiring heavy coordination like T5. Take our coil group for example, we always down a healer or two but we rarely got help from our own FC. We always relied on PUG healers, and lucky for us we've never really run into a complete asshole. I'm not whining or anything. This is very common for any mmo but it's something that any new member should keep in mind.

Zomba13

Finally our static beat T5 lol Time to move on :p

This is what have been known for a while. GAF FC is massive but it is fragmented into small groups and people mostly play their end game with their groups and it is really difficult for newcomers to break into. Of course you will get help here and there but nobody will come to help you run something requiring heavy coordination like T5. Take our coil group for example, we always down a healer or two but we rarely got help from our own FC. We always relied on PUG healers, and lucky for us we've never really run into a complete asshole. I'm not whining or anything. This is very common for any mmo but it's something that any new member should keep in mind.

I dunno. I transferred from Sargatanas around a month ago and since being here (starting with some jobs at 50) have made some friends in the FC, been able to get FC groups for runs together pretty quickly and even cleared the EX primals with full FC groups (Titan was mostly a blur so I've forgotten if it was the same group that then did Ifrit EX or if that was even done on the same day).

It'll obviously be harder to get into a static for new Turns and such because they are already established by now but for other content that stuff isn't really needed (due to there not being any lock outs).

MogCakes

As someone whose experience with group play has always been open rather than having a static it's always interesting to see what happens in them with these stories coming up.

kiryogi

Banned
I dunno. I transferred from Sargatanas around a month ago and since being here (starting with some jobs at 50) have made some friends in the FC, been able to get FC groups for runs together pretty quickly and even cleared the EX primals with full FC groups (Titan was mostly a blur so I've forgotten if it was the same group that then did Ifrit EX or if that was even done on the same day).

It'll obviously be harder to get into a static for new Turns and such because they are already established by now but for other content that stuff isn't really needed (due to there not being any lock outs).

Haha, and we've started pushing folks thru Titan and T5 now too. :O Many clears now. . . That said we're reformed with a more hardcore nature at this point.

That said Dyce, we are Legacy and reasonable hardcore folks on Sargatanas. There's no static openings yet, but we have statics working on T6+. While we are looking for more folks, there's no guarantees here you'll find a perma position, but always love having subs to rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom