• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is enough for one day. I turned it on at 8AM this morning. It is now 11.40PM at night.

Went from PLD30 to PLD37, done Haukke Manor and Brayflox's Longstop for the first time. Done all possible guildhests up to my level (hadn't done any previously), and an absolute crap tonne of quests.

Long ass day.

Edit: Also explored all the end-game areas on my chocobo just for the hell of it. Running away from absolutely everything...

btkadams

Anyone have time to help finish this co-op Hatching Quest? I'm Limsa Lominsa in Lumia. ID: oilywater
I did it yesterday by just joining strangers. It took no time at all. If you go to where the quest is there should be people mentioning they have a party and need people for the specific egg quest. Use party finder to join them.

I have a microsoft mouse that has two side buttons. I mapped those to CTRL and ALT.
I have 4 hotbars, mapped to neutral, CTRL, ALT and CTRL + ALT. That effectively gives me around 20 actions with ease just by using 1-5 on the keyboard combined with side buttons, plus some that I click.

interesting. I might have to make the switch sooner than later

Turn 1 is ok, Crystal Tower is always good, too scared to try the others since a simple fight like Garuda Ex is impossible in DF for me, and I imagine turn 2 where everyone needs to be doing stuff like swapping would be impossible.

Everyone does enrage in T2 now it's really easy

soakrates

Yo. I picked this up when it was released for PS4 (yay mouse and keyboard, etc.) and I'm having a lot of fun so far. I just unlocked the monk job and I'm thinking I may need to start working on getting some sweet gear, which I've honestly kind of neglected until now. I've not been too keen on crafting in MMOs, so would the market be a better idea?

Also, I'm interested in joining the GAF free company if it's still accepting new members. I'm on Diabolos but could possibly be convinced to fork over the $18 for a world transfer.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
the best way to play mmos is to click buttons

I used to click buttons years ago. Then I bought an MMO mouse (Razer Naga). No way I could go back. It'd be like going from KB/M control for FPS games back to dual sticks.

With clicking, you have to constantly dart your eyes down to the action bars while playing. This is especially difficult in a game like WoW where many abilities are off the global cooldown.

Here's what I use:

naga02.jpg

Sorian

Banned
I used to click buttons years ago. Then I bought an MMO mouse (Razer Naga). No way I could go back. It'd be like going from KB/M control for FPS games back to dual sticks.

With clicking, you have to constantly dart your eyes down to the action bars while playing. This is especially difficult in a game like WoW where many abilities are off the global cooldown.

Here's what I use:

naga02.jpg

Same here, my thumb takes care of all of my rotation without as much as a thought.

WolvenOne

Here's what I use:

naga02.jpg

Considered something like that, but I'd have two problems with with.

First, being that I, "need," an analog stick. WASD makes both my hands and wrists cramp up after about a half hour to fourty five minutes. There are solutions to the lack of analog stick issue, but they're pricey.

So between a stand alone stick and the mouse, I'd be spending a lot of money on what amounts to a big gamble.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Here's what I use:

naga02.jpg

I sometimes hit multiple buttons or mis-click with the naga. I have since moved to the Naga Hex.
The 6 buttons along with CTRL and ALT give me 18 actions at the tip of my finger.
I get much better muscle memory and reaction times with this setup since I'm not overwhelmed with tiny buttons.

razer-naga-hex-league-of-legends-top-view-550x222.png

Alucrid

Banned
2hLW4jj.jpg

check this bad boy out

its wired so it talks to the computer faster
it uses lasers to move itself
it has a wheel that zooms in and out
two button click action

Phlebas

Banned
I wonder what the next step in the relic upgrade questline is.

I have One more Atma left and hopefully I'll be able to start on my books after 2.25 hits.

MogCakes

2hLW4jj.jpg

check this bad boy out

two button click action

I actually prefer normal mice like that for MMOs, XIV aside. I'd rather map hotkeys to my keyboard than a mouse because I like to keep my thumb on the mouse's side for better grip.

scosher

Microsoft Intellimouse all you need for MMO's. I bind most of keys around the WASD movement keys, so I never really need more than 5 buttons on my mouse. And the ones I do bind on my mouse are usually actions like targetting or auto run, and not abilities.

1-5, Q, E, R, T, F, G, Z, X, C, V, B and all their shift, ctrl, and alt equivalents are more than enough for any MMO. And of those, I always bind my most used skills to C and V, since you can use them while moving with WASD.

Isaccard

Here's what I use:

naga02.jpg

Same here, my thumb takes care of all of my rotation without as much as a thought.

Considered something like that, but I'd have two problems with with.

First, being that I, "need," an analog stick. WASD makes both my hands and wrists cramp up after about a half hour to fourty five minutes. There are solutions to the lack of analog stick issue, but they're pricey.

So between a stand alone stick and the mouse, I'd be spending a lot of money on what amounts to a big gamble.

I sometimes hit multiple buttons or mis-click with the naga. I have since moved to the Naga Hex.
The 6 buttons along with CTRL and ALT give me 18 actions at the tip of my finger.
I get much better muscle memory and reaction times with this setup since I'm not overwhelmed with tiny buttons.

razer-naga-hex-league-of-legends-top-view-550x222.png

Get this razer garbage outta here; Logitech G600 or get out.

system11

Is there something I should know about 'Ward up'? When the mission finder finally gave it to me, everyone bailed inside of 3 seconds.

Mairu

2hLW4jj.jpg

check this bad boy out

two button click action

Only three buttons on the mouse? What is this 1995? What's it like still using the back/forward buttons on your browser?

Looks like with this coil static disappearing I'm back to waiting for my subscription to expire. Kind of annoyed that I was able to get back together with one two weeks ago just in time to resubscribe only for it to dissolve a week later.

Mupod

My naga's middle and right buttons died right as its warranty was up, and is impossible to dismantle for cleaning/repairs because 3 out of the 4 screws are completely stripped. The button layout was great but the sensor is absolute garbage compared to something like the deathadder and logitech G400s I also have.

The new nagas suck too since they don't have the index finger buttons, so there was no point buying a new one. I figured I'd just get a mouse with fewer buttons, a real sensor, and made by a company with proper quality control.

It took some creativity and a lot of relearning but I got my binds working fine with the G400s, I don't have 6+ marks bound like I used to but I rarely need marks anymore.

Literally a couple posts above yours. Check the OP out for when to create a character.

Sorry.. I should have explained better my question.

What I mean is, shoud I wait to make the character so I can join GAF FC on Ultros?
I mean, does the restriction lifts everyday?
Or there's no point in waiting since nobody knows when the restriction will be lifted?

I only have 2 friends playing the game and both are on Ultros. I want to play with them...

Moaradin

The naga 2014 edition is by far the best version of the mouse. Mouse 4 and 5 buttons are in less awkward spots, and the thumb keys are mechanical now. They also have a left handed version as well.

I've used every Naga version since the original. Bought one 5 years ago back when I played WoW and I've used one ever since. Best mouse I've owned.

Panthers

2hLW4jj.jpg

check this bad boy out

two button click action

I remember the first time I got a laser mouse. SO WORTH THE MONEY! No more cleaning the ball and track. Sorry got a little off topic.

I use the Razer Naga, although I am liking that Logitec G600 that guy posted. I might have to trade up.

BTW if anyone plays on Brynhilder let me know. I dont really know anyone on this server but I am too invested in my character to switch.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Had two back to back garbage runs of Aurum Vale you've probably ever seen.

Second one was graced by an asshole healer that was talking out of their ass and a tank who would fuck up left and right claiming "I'm 15 and haven't played in awhile".

I tanked the second boss, as a dragoon, to death finally and was proud of the healer and me. This guy then just fucks everything up when we get to the morbols. The black mage was also aggroing the eggs like a dumbass.

Hedrush

Can anyone join the FC or do they need to be a member of neogaf? It's just that I've got a family member desperate to join but unfortunately they are not a neogaf member.

Trojita

Can anyone join the FC or do they need to be a member of neogaf? It's just that I've got a family member desperate to join but unfortunately they are not a neogaf member.

If you can vouch for them and you are in the FC, it's cool. They still need to put in an application to guildworks.

Sorian

Banned
Had two back to back garbage runs of Aurum Vale you've probably ever seen.

Second one was graced by an asshole healer that was talking out of their ass and a tank who would fuck up left and right claiming "I'm 15 and haven't played in awhile".

I tanked the second boss to death finally and was proud of the healer and me. This guy then just fucks everything up when we get to the morbols. The black mage was also aggroing the eggs like a dumbass.

Had a tank who was crap the whole way through once (all GAF group except for the tank), as we were walking up to the last boss, I made a slightly snarky but mostly honest comment about how he needs to study up on what he was doing if he wants to make any progress in end game (I noticed that this was his first job close to level 50). He responded in the only logical way and started cursing me out and then he walked into the final bosses room, pulled it, waited for the door to seal behind us and the stopped making any attempt at tanking because "If I'm so bad, you should be able to do it yourself"

Hedrush

If you can vouch for them and you are in the FC, it's cool. They still need to put in an application to guildworks.

Thanks for the ultra quick reply.

I'm in the FC and yes I can vouch for them. They put in their application to the guildworks yesterday and then applied in game. I'm sure he filled in everything required, but he's still sitting in application limbo.

haikira

I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction for converting from PS3 to PS4. I'm tired and my Google-Fu is failing me.

Trojita

Had a tank who was crap the whole way through once (all GAF group except for the tank), as we were walking up to the last boss, I made a slightly snarky but mostly honest comment about how he needs to study up on what he was doing if he wants to make any progress in end game (I noticed that this was his first job close to level 50). He responded in the only logical way and started cursing me out and then he walked into the final bosses room, pulled it, waited for the door to seal behind us and the stopped making any attempt at tanking because "If I'm so bad, you should be able to do it yourself"

I called the healer that left (who had been a jerk the whole time thus far) an asshole after I noticed he abandoned. The 15 year old tank told me "not to use that word" and "That word is a curse word".

supergiz

Looking for 6 more for a coil static me (bard) and Ella Wolfhart (dragoon) are starting on Ultros. Will be from turn 5+. Looking preferably for people who have done turn 1-4 and are on 5.

We are both on PST and are thinking of making the times somewhere around 6pm PST weekdays and flexible on weekends. This will be 2 times a week going for 2 hours each time.

Having a good attitude, lots of patience, and voice chat are a must (don't be shy) ;).

My name in game is Gizu Momozu. Send a tell in game or mail in game if interested.

Yopis

I think that is enough for one day. I turned it on at 8AM this morning. It is now 11.40PM at night.

Went from PLD30 to PLD37, done Haukke Manor and Brayflox's Longstop for the first time. Done all possible guildhests up to my level (hadn't done any previously), and an absolute crap tonne of quests.

Long ass day.

Edit: Also explored all the end-game areas on my chocobo just for the hell of it. Running away from absolutely everything...

Sounds like a good run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom