• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

The bulk of the content can be cleared without a set group, but the exceptions are, rather glaring.

Could you elaborate? Are the extreme primals part of the main scenario now? Crystal Tower?

/edit: Nevermind. I found a guide. So a few Guild Hests, Quarn and the two new primal fights. How hard are they compared to Ifrit/Garuda/Titan?

Number45

So what are some other signs that you got a bot tank in the DR? I swear I ran into at least 10 of them tonight lol
Is this actually possible? :eek:

Can anyone recommend a decent bluetooth keyboard for the ps4? I wouldn't want to buy one only to find out it's not compatible :/ Would be very handy for dungeons..
The official PS3 wireless keyboard for sure. I use this and it's perfect.
Same here, can't really fault it. Actually tempted to buy another to use for work.

Number45

They never talk, they don't respond...they seem to have a set path they walk along...those sort of things. They are the worst.
You should group with me. I don't know any of the maps so I just randomly walk around until someone tells me I'm going the wrong way.

Not entirely true, but I am new and some of the maps are confusing!

I feel like I've really started to improve as a tank, but it definitely seemed to take some time coming. Getting Defiance made a huge difference in holding aggro, although weirdly I now never lose it even when sync'ed below 30. :s

Hedrush

Would he happen to be Squalll? His app mentions knowing a neogaf member but he doesn't say who, which is probably why it hadn't been accepted yet.

Yes it's squall ilfritt. I told him to mention my name too. Hopefully he gets accepted he's a decent player and he has subbed for the next two months.

You should group with me. I don't know any of the maps so I just randomly walk around until someone tells me I'm going the wrong way.

Not entirely true, but I am new and some of the maps are confusing!

I feel like I've really started to improve as a tank, but it definitely seemed to take some time coming. Getting Defiance made a huge difference in holding aggro, although weirdly I now never lose it even when sync'ed below 30. :s

I've nearly finished levelling my main class to 50 - and i've been dps this whole time (DRG)

The prospect of at some point being a tank actually terrifies me.... so much so that I think I'm going to have run several dungeons with my FC before I even attempt anything via DF ://

Geoff9920

If you set yourself to away (/busy) no one can send you tells. You can't get tells from anyone or be in DF or anything, but I like it when I'm doing dailies or other solo stuff since my blacklist is full.
Oh, i wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the tip.

wapplew

My WHM at ilv 54 now, do you guys think I should gear up first or continue with my last 2 relic boss?
I watch videos of those fight, look real intense for healer too.

sgtmofo

Neo Member
Just got my LVL30 Dragoon last night. Hoping they'll add seom new jobs in the upcoming patch (2.25). Are there any GAF players still on Jenova, or has everyone transferred to Ultros?

IMBored

Two questions about bard. Does barrage have any utility? The only time I would use it is when I'm out of TP, and that's a bad situation to be in. Second, is it worth it to set up some kind of macro, as the rotation I'm using isn't complicated at all, and many skills have the change to power up other skills.

Btw, I saw a lalafell DRG with a mog fork yesterday, so cute.

Ken

Two questions about bard. Does barrage have any utility? The only time I would use it is when I'm out of TP, and that's a bad situation to be in. Second, is it worth it to set up some kind of macro, as the rotation I'm using isn't complicated at all, and many skills have the change to power up other skills.

Btw, I saw a lalafell DRG with a mog fork yesterday, so cute.

barrage is when you want to put out a lot of damage within 10 seconds/need something dead sooner. i usually pair it with hawk's eye and b4b. the cooldown's short enough to use on trash pulls and have it be up for boss fights too.

you want invigorate from lancers for TP issues.

the only bard macro i use is the one that will fire off bloodletters when they reset and misery's end when it's able to.

/macroicon "Heavy Shot"
/ac "Heavy Shot" <t>
/ac "Misery's End" <t>
/ac "Bloodletter" <t>
/wait
/ac "Misery's End" <t>
/ac "Bloodletter" <t>

danthefan

I'm playing from the EU on a US account currently, still in my free 30 days, am I going to run into any trouble renewing my subscription? MogStation is asking me for an address, obviously I don't have a US address. Can I just put in a fake one?

Or is there anywhere online to buy a 60 day subscription for decent value? Amazon sell them but it seems to be a physical product, I'm looking for digital.

Ken

I'm playing from the EU on a US account currently, still in my free 30 days, am I going to run into any trouble renewing my subscription? MogStation is asking me for an address, obviously I don't have a US address. Can I just put in a fake one?

Or is there anywhere online to buy a 60 day subscription for decent value? Amazon sell them but it seems to be a physical product, I'm looking for digital.

can you use paypal? you can buy crysta using paypal which you then use to pay for sub.

My WHM at ilv 54 now, do you guys think I should gear up first or continue with my last 2 relic boss?
I watch videos of those fight, look real intense for healer too.
Titan HM is the first big healer check. Even with Echo I would highly recommend raising your ilvl to around 65 or higher. Grab some Darklight, Myth and Sold stuff by running Brayflox HM a few times so you have more HP to survive his shit.

You should be fine for Garuda though.

Going to become a summoner instead. Will start working on my ACN.

Yeah forget becoming a summoner. I switched to ACN last night and summoned for the first time. I found the controls cumbersome and not that much fun (loved the animation of writing in the book though.) I'll just be a BLM instead; which is great because I just need to get a ARC up to level 15 and I'm there.

since i'm juggling Armourer, Blacksmith and Cook at the same time I am rapidly getting closer to filling my inventory, is there a way to expand it, or store my goods? ( I have loads of fish)

Linconan

*sigh...
Just bought this today, cause i was sooo pumped from watching a vid on youtube, so i thought ok.

Same problem i'm having just like the Beta :(
NOT COOL.. *takes breath*

I have an Account, i can access it on the computer with their site.
But it won't let me in on Ps4.
Reset password..ok..
no email received.

So, i create another account (from Ps4).
Asks for a code on final screen from an email.. no emails received!
(Yes, i've checked Junk etc)

SMH

IMBored

since i'm juggling Armourer, Blacksmith and Cook at the same time I am rapidly getting closer to filling my inventory, is there a way to expand it, or store my goods? ( I have loads of fish)

Get the two retainers, they have inv space. However, after a while even that won't be enough.

Yes.

Number45

I've nearly finished levelling my main class to 50 - and i've been dps this whole time (DRG)

The prospect of at some point being a tank actually terrifies me.... so much so that I think I'm going to have run several dungeons with my FC before I even attempt anything via DF ://
It's been very good. When I'm new to the instance I've told the group and they've been great - I do make sure to check out a run before I go in though (MTQCapture on YT is amazing for dungeon guides). When I can be 100% responsible for a wipe I think it's only fair I do everything possible to make it a smooth run.

The only two occasions when I've had trouble (both with DPS being annoying - one who was pulling constantly and using knockback, the other using his tank pet) have both been earlier in the day. It's been the case in every MMO I've played - if I group during my usual playtime (22:00 > 00:00 UK time) I have no issues 99% of the time. Weird, given I'm on a US server (I think). :p

I can't believe they haven't used inventory as a crafting boon/monkey sink. :/

EDIT: "monkey sink" << xD

(leaving for posterity)

Linconan

whoop whoop i'm in.

Something weird though.
I clicked on one of the Option boxes under Ps4 dashboard FF Game, and it came up with my name but with a number..
So i just clicked that, and it changed to Linconan..

Now it's started and going through Preparing first time startup screen..
excitements building,lol

this better be good after all this hassle,lol

Hey guys, just wanted to post this for a new page in case people missed it.

Looking for 6 more for a coil static me (bard) and Ella Wolfhart (dragoon) are starting on Ultros. Will be from turn 5+. Looking preferably for people who have done turn 1-4 and are on 5.

We are both on PST and are thinking of making the times somewhere around 6pm PST weekdays and flexible on weekends. This will be 2 times a week going for 2 hours each time.

Having a good attitude, lots of patience, and voice chat are a must (don't be shy) ;).

My name in game is Gizu Momozu. Send a tell in game or mail in game if interested.

You can also PM me (Ella) here or in game.

It's been very good. When I'm new to the instance I've told the group and they've been great - I do make sure to check out a run before I go in though (MTQCapture on YT is amazing for dungeon guides). When I can be 100% responsible for a wipe I think it's only fair I do everything possible to make it a smooth run.

The only two occasions when I've had trouble (both with DPS being annoying - one who was pulling constantly and using knockback, the other using his tank pet) have both been earlier in the day. It's been the case in every MMO I've played - if I group during my usual playtime (22:00 > 00:00 UK time) I have no issues 99% of the time. Weird, given I'm on a US server (I think). :p

Firstly - Monkey Sink has made my day.

Secondly - I've had some really amazing groups via DF so I definitely agree with you. I love the guys in my FC though, so I think I'll learn a ton doing runs with them when I start.

Are the dedicated PS buttons functional on the PS4?

As N45 said - they don't but I never find cause to use them. I didn't on the PS3 either - even when they did work. Use the controller as normal, then whenever you want to chat, all you have to do is start typing on the keyboard and it automatically comes up in the chat window.

Zephyl

Just got my LVL30 Dragoon last night. Hoping they'll add seom new jobs in the upcoming patch (2.25). Are there any GAF players still on Jenova, or has everyone transferred to Ultros?

I made my character on Jenova, I'm only level 10 though at the moment. Currently rocking the conjurer.

You can put a fake address and pay with an international credit card. I'm also on a US account outside the US and it worked perfectly.

Two retainers ought to be enough for everybody unless you're just keeping way too many useless things.

Culinarian is the worst though. Sooo many ingredients. I just got it to lvl 15 and I don't know whether I should keep going with it.

If you set yourself to away (/busy) no one can send you tells. You can't get tells from anyone or be in DF or anything, but I like it when I'm doing dailies or other solo stuff since my blacklist is full.

If you're gonna go that route why not simply filter out tells in the log settings?

I've been depositing every piece of 100% SB gear to my retainer as I've been levelling my first job, hoping I'd be able to use them later. :)

Only the tradecraft and gatherer gear are really worth it, but if you have the space it doesn't hurt to keep it.

Can anyone recommend a decent bluetooth keyboard for the ps4? I wouldn't want to buy one only to find out it's not compatible :/ Would be very handy for dungeons..

Does the apple keyboard work? I have one and it would be perfect, but I can't get the PS4 to see it. Maybe because it's already paired with a computer...

dramatis

so like i'm goig to have to sell off a lot of things, BTW what use does fish have if they arent HQ or part of a recipe?
Fish can be used for cooking even if they aren't HQ, although of course they're more useful if HQ.

One of the things you can do is the fish grand company hand in if you have the specified fish, but that changes on a daily basis. For the most part, if you have a fish that you can't sell speedily on the market board or use for cooking, then your best option is to sell it to NPC. Most fish have no use because they are not in recipes.

Number45

Only the tradecraft and gatherer gear are really worth it, but if you have the space it doesn't hurt to keep it.
Didn't realise the items created would be different depending on the type of gear. I literally have no idea how crafting works in this game (learning it will probably be the first thing I do when I hit 50).

Space isn't a problem at the moment anyway, and I only have one retainer.

Didn't realise the items created would be different depending on the type of gear. I literally have no idea how crafting works in this game (learning it will probably be the first thing I do when I hit 50).

Space isn't a problem at the moment anyway, and I only have one retainer.

Basically 100% spiritbond equipment can be turned into materia related to its type. So battle equipment will turn to say Vitality +1 materia, while crafting equipment will turn into say control +1 and gathering equipment into perception +1, etc. Battlecraft materia aren't worth much since they're so common, but that lvl 1 tunic you get when you do the lvl1 quest for all crafting classes can turn into a materia worth about 10k, so it's good to keep wearing different ones as you spiritbond them while you level up since they cost you nothing.

Number45

Nice, thanks for the tip. Money isn't an issue right now (I have nothing to spend it on aside from repairs, vendor food and Chocobo greens) but I'm sure that will change soon enough!

Anyone complete their animus weapon yet? Just wondering if it upgrades incrementally with each completed book, or all in one go once all 9 are completed?

Don't you get small bonuses for each book? Like +2 VIT on one book, +2 ACC on the other, and so on until you get a full Animus.
I just wanted clarification that the bonuses are applied as soon as each book is completed, and not all at once when the 9 are complete (which is how I assumed it would be).

creid

Are you supposed to dump each Atma book when you're done with it, or does it get replaced when you buy the next book? I finished one and I expected it to disappear from my inventory, but it's still there.

Does the apple keyboard work? I have one and it would be perfect, but I can't get the PS4 to see it. Maybe because it's already paired with a computer...

It works beautifully for me. within a half second of clicking the button at the side, it's been recognised by the PS4. Clickity clickity clack.

It works beautifully for me. within a half second of clicking the button at the side, it's been recognised by the PS4. Clickity clickity clack.

How did you set up the first time? I have a Mac mini on at the same time that the keyboard is paired to. How would I go about unpairing that? I guess I'll look into it when I get home.

How did you set up the first time? I have a Mac mini on at the same time that the keyboard is paired to. How would I go about unpairing that? I guess I'll look into it when I get home.

I'm not 100% sure, though I imagine that if you just turn off Bluetooth on the Mac, it'll let you connect it to something else (when you hold the power button to have it put on its rad disco show). I don't think you'll need to actually unpair it - assuming turning off BT on your mac isn't a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom